• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Westlo

lol @ this just happening, I expected something like this during MOP but right now? lol.

lol.jpg

Time to put up a guild tab worth of this. Right now it's like 10 singles and 1 stack @ 800g, corner this shit for the next couple of hours.

Chris R

lol @ this just happening, I expected something like this during MOP but right now? lol.

lol.jpg

Time to put up a guild tab worth of this. Right now it's like 10 singles and 1 stack @ 800g, corner this shit for the next couple of hours.

WHAT??? No way...

Why would frostweave be that high? I've been selling all kinds of mats (except for leather) from all different level ranges (mostly 40+) and I'm just seeing a minor price bump.

-When 5.x goes live sometime in the next 2 or 3 weeks, does that include the new character creation stuff? Holding off to create my Warlock (especially because of the upcoming class revamp).

-When MoP comes out, will I actually have to use the game install DVD at all? Or will Battle.net recognize that I registered the code and the game will update me automatically?

Berordn

-When 5.x goes live sometime in the next 2 or 3 weeks, does that include the new character creation stuff? Holding off to create my Warlock (especially because of the upcoming class revamp).

-When MoP comes out, will I actually have to use the game install DVD at all? Or will Battle.net recognize that I registered the code and the game will update me automatically?

1. All the class changes should be going live the moment 5.0 does, including the entire warlock revamp.

2. No, as long as you let the game patch, it's already downloading the data now. You'd only have to use the CD for a fresh install.

The Game

I quit week after 4.3 after I killed Deathwing on LFR really got burned from game and dragon soul honestly sucked compared to firelands patch.
Anyone that can send me Scroll of Resurrection would greatly appreciate.
I play on EU servers.

Kuntz

I quit week after 4.3 after I killed Deathwing on LFR really got burned from game and dragon soul honestly sucked compared to firelands patch.
Anyone that can send me Scroll of Resurrection would greatly appreciate.
I play on EU servers.

PM sent !

Got burned too then I found a new game : the Auction House !
I officially became the guild bank manager, selling surplus high and buying low to restock, that's ... something I wouldn't have thought being fun, but I just love it.

175000 gold, still counting oh yeah (that's very low compared to the true merchants out there, some people will be able to afford everything at the black market, I won't for a while...)

Rokam

The Instance is going to have an interview with Metzen and Golden about the Jaina book on their next show for anyone interested. Will be up sometime this afternoon.

Kuntz

Some people do this yes, also buy like every single item to have the monopoly and define a higher price.
I don't do like this because the main goal is to always have some supply in the bank (the latest items : volatiles, ores, gems, crystals, plants...). So I do my daily scans, if I find some of those below the average price (Auctioneer addon : get it, it's good to know the ongoing price of every item you get, like minipets for example) of the moment I buy it and stock it that way it's available for the guild, but when somethign is in shortage I sell most of it for the full price or even more, that way I'll have the money to buy more when it will be cheap again. This takes a lot of time, but the more money you win the more you can invest, and your guildmates will always have everything they want for their profession.

I sometimes resell some old items going for a good price (depends on the server, but here cobalt and saronite demands is high and supply is low).

It takes like 20 minutes a day, I know some people are way more involved in this (of course on myserver I can't compete with them so I just ignore the items they focus on, in my case glyphs).

Please don't do this on my server ;)

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
The Instance is going to have an interview with Metzen and Golden about the Jaina book on their next show for anyone interested. Will be up sometime this afternoon.
Nice. The text preview has already been posted, so I supply only a link: http://books.simonandschuster.biz/W...re-Tides-of-War/Christie-Golden/9781416550761

I saw there's an excerpt from the audio book on Simon & Schuster's page as well, read by Justine Eyre: http://d28hgpri8am2if.cloudfront.net/tagged_assets/audexc_9781442355422_9781442355422.mp3

McNei1y

So with the patch being on the Background Downloader, you think we can expect it by next Tuesday? I want my friend to Scroll of Ressurect me but I'm waiting for the patch. I was going to create a new toon and play him until Mists (either a Rogue or a Druid).

JORMBO

Darkness no more
What are some rare items I can farm up to sell on the AH while waiting for the expansion? I did the dark whelpling this week and sold it for like 6k. Looking for something else to farm that would be worth a lot like that whelpling.

Magnus

Guys. I really suck at making gold. I'm sitting on about 15k total across multiple characters. Enchanting/Alch/Tailoring at cap. What's the speediest way to make money happen? (I suck at the AH, but I can farm)

I've been using the mouse pads since Wrath and I'm pleased with how well they hold up till the next expansion. Look forward to swapping out Deathwing with some pandamonium.

lol. Hold up? Do your mouse pads experience severe wear and tear somehow? :p Both mousepads are still pristine after constant use for me lol.

Berordn

So with the patch being on the Background Downloader, you think we can expect it by next Tuesday? I want my friend to Scroll of Ressurect me but I'm waiting for the patch. I was going to create a new toon and play him until Mists (either a Rogue or a Druid).

I would personally say not to count on it, since that's really early and they've never done pre-expansion events for over a month. We're getting the data now so that they can lessen the bandwidth requirement when the patch and eventually expansion do go live.

But they're also not publicly testing the world event this time so I've got no real timeframe to make any better inferred claims. Who knows!

level a druid. join us on the dark side. we have cake and eat it too

McNei1y

I would personally say not to count on it, since that's really early and they've never done pre-expansion events for over a month. We're getting the data now so that they can lessen the bandwidth requirement when the patch and eventually expansion do go live.

But they're also not publicly testing the world event this time so I've got no real timeframe to make any better inferred claims. Who knows!

level a druid. join us on the dark side. we have cake and eat it too

I think I'll ultimately do a Druid since they're the most versatile and I haven't leveled one successfully since it was my main/first character back in vanilla.

My guess is that it'll be here the 28th or that following tuesday but I wanted it next week so I can start playing already... I'm just waiting for the new talent trees specifically. Those things seem awesome.

PM sent !

Got burned too then I found a new game : the Auction House !
I officially became the guild bank manager, selling surplus high and buying low to restock, that's ... something I wouldn't have thought being fun, but I just love it.

175000 gold, still counting oh yeah (that's very low compared to the true merchants out there, some people will be able to afford everything at the black market, I won't for a while...)

We'll have to have money counting contests in Mists :D

You're ahead by about 70k-75k right now, though I probably would have that difference if I had been playing for the past 7-8 months.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
What are some rare items I can farm up to sell on the AH while waiting for the expansion? I did the dark whelpling this week and sold it for like 6k. Looking for something else to farm that would be worth a lot like that whelpling.
I assume Teebu's Blazing Longsword (drops from mobs in vanilla raids) or Blade of Wizardry (drops from mobs in The Burning Crusade dungeons/raids) could yield a hefty sum of money. An extremely low drop chance but also more sought after than the blue counterpart Spellfire Longsword (which is very easy to get from Slave Pens). Sleeveless T-Shirt which drops from certain mobs in Alterac Valley should also bring some money, though not as much as 6K.

As for other things that are a bit easier to farm, go for materials used for older profession specific items (especially from blacksmithing). Now that transmogrification is available, there's quite an amount of great items to collect if you happen to be able to make them.

So I was looking on WoW Wiki but the data seems really outdated, so I'll ask here: What is the best talent spec for a Hunter who's looking to solo level? I'm level 13 and I have chosen Marksmanship for Aimed Shot, but I'll respec if that's a bad idea.

So I was looking on WoW Wiki but the data seems really outdated, so I'll ask here: What is the best talent spec for a Hunter who's looking to solo level? I'm level 13 and I have chosen Marksmanship for Aimed Shot, but I'll respec if that's a bad idea.

MM with a Tenacity pet for tanking is a good way to go.

And go to Wowpedia instead of Wow Wiki.

Kuntz

Some good spots to farm minipets to sell are the wetlands for dark and crimson whelpling on the same mobs (the whelps), green whelps in feralas for the whelp and the fairy dragon and any mob in southern stranglethorn or the razzashi raptor and the parrot.
Those sell between 10k and 30k in my server.

Berordn

Beast Mastery with any pet, but especially a tenacity one, is also remarkably easy. Hunters are fairly easy to level in any spec, though.

Entropia

No One Remembers
If anyone is bored and wants to dick around, come roll a Horde alt on Turalyon and join my new guild - Wafflehouse!

I'm either on Entropya or Boomtropya

Some good spots to farm minipets to sell are the wetlands for dark and crimson whelpling on the same mobs (the whelps), green whelps in feralas for the whelp and the fairy dragon and any mob in southern stranglethorn or the razzashi raptor and the parrot.
Those sell between 10k and 30k in my server.

Is there a specific spot for this?

Chris R

Is there a specific spot for this?

The wetlands had a spot where the whelps were spawning non-stop fighting some orcs, I killed a bunch and got nothing to show for it :(

I'd rather just farm the 80-85 stuff I've been farming before, because at least they drop ~1g per mob along with other trash worth gold. Slow and steady I guess :|

JORMBO

Darkness no more
The wetlands had a spot where the whelps were spawning non-stop fighting some orcs, I killed a bunch and got nothing to show for it :(

I'd rather just farm the 80-85 stuff I've been farming before, because at least they drop ~1g per mob along with other trash worth gold. Slow and steady I guess :|

Yeah on each side of the caravan are a line of whelps that respawn in 15 seconds. It took me around 2k kills to get my dark whelpling. Sounds like a lot but since you are killing non stop it is not too bad. I sold it for 6k. One good thing is they also have a chance of dropping the crimson whelpling, which sells for a bit more.

I decided to see what soloing Molten Core would be like on my ret pally. It was super easy and I think I made around 500g for less then an hours work. Going to stash the mats I find incase a legendary drops.

Berordn

No, where when you alt-tab before the game hits a load screen or does a heavy loads (like while flying while alt-tabbed) it disconnects you from the server.

I can't say I've ever had that happen to me. I wasn't aware it was an issue, and I'm usually tabbed as I fly around or on load screens, usually pulling up something in Chrome at the same time.

FLEABttn

Banned
I can't say I've ever had that happen to me. I wasn't aware it was an issue, and I'm usually tabbed as I fly around or on load screens, usually pulling up something in Chrome at the same time.

It only happens when you run in fullscreen mode, so if you run in the borderless fullscreen or in a window, it won't happen.

Magnus

Guys. I really suck at making gold. I'm sitting on about 15k total across multiple characters. Enchanting/Alch/Tailoring at cap. What's the speediest way to make money happen? (I suck at the AH, but I can farm)

PLZ NE1? HELP. I'm really terrible at this for whatever reason, and need guidance, haha.

I got lucky with rare drops for the past couple of years (two Battered Hilts at the height of their worth -- like 10k each -- and then two pets as Heroic Healer LFD dungeon random rewards -- which sold for 6k each -- so I've never had to develop good money-making skills in this fucking game for years. I've sort of lived well off that 32k I got from those drops all this time, hahahaha. (as well as incidental gold I've made from some questing and LFD/raiding, AH'ing Maelstroms, etc.)

What is THE ticket given the profs I have? You're my only hope, WoW thread.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
PLZ NE1? HELP. I'm really terrible at this for whatever reason, and need guidance, haha.

I got lucky with rare drops for the past couple of years (two Battered Hilts at the height of their worth -- like 10k each -- and then two pets as Heroic Healer LFD dungeon random rewards -- which sold for 6k each -- so I've never had to develop good money-making skills in this fucking game for years. I've sort of lived well off that 32k I got from those drops all this time, hahahaha. (as well as incidental gold I've made from some questing and LFD/raiding, AH'ing Maelstroms, etc.)

What is THE ticket given the profs I have? You're my only hope, WoW thread.
I'd level up a JC if the ore shuffle will still be good for MOP. JC+Alch+Enchanting work together for big bucks. Enchanting,Alch, and Tailoring don't really interact that much. I think tailoring needs to be a main in dungeons if the mats are still bop, and I don't think it makes that much even so.

I guess you could buy mats and sell some enchants right now. Iunno. Not playing anymore.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Respec Beast Mastery or Survival. Aimed Shot is awful for leveling since it has such an incredibly long cast time. Even when it does decent damage as an opener, it still takes like 3.5 seconds to get it off in the first lace. It's only decent once you gain enough levels to get the insta-Aimed Shot talent.

Spent a good chunk of yesterday doing random twilight heroics on my warrior. I'd like to start tanking, but a few more gear pieces would be helpful. I think I did 10 or more on the day, total, and came away with one piece... Such a waste of time lol. Prot gear just doesn't drop when I run heroics and the rare occasion it does, I can't win a roll. I don't recall ever seeing the shield or the cloak drop. The stam trinket dropped once, and the helm twice. I think that was basically the only prot pieces I saw drop out of everything. bleah. For whatever reason, I see Mail drops once or twice for every heroic I run. Any hunters/shamans needing to gear up, switch to my server and run some heroics with me. You won't be disappointed lol.

What can you get away with, gear-wise, when tanking twilight heroics? Do I need to be maxed out in avoidance and health, or is there a little bit of leeway? I might just start tanking with what I've got, but I don't want to piss anyone off for being under-geared.

Top Bottom