• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

What can you get away with, gear-wise, when tanking twilight heroics? Do I need to be maxed out in avoidance and health, or is there a little bit of leeway? I might just start tanking with what I've got, but I don't want to piss anyone off for being under-geared.
There's certainly leeway. As a bear tank, I had a whole mix of gear when running HoT heroics. My best advice is just start cranking away for Justice and Valor badges and use those to supplement whatever drops aren't happening.

Fjordson

No, where when you alt-tab before the game hits a load screen or does a heavy loads (like while flying while alt-tabbed) it disconnects you from the server.
Yeah, I get this a lot. My attention is usually scattered when I'm on the computer so I'm always alt tabbing between WoW, Chrome, and iTunes, and I get a decent amount of DC's.

There's certainly leeway. As a bear tank, I had a whole mix of gear when running HoT heroics. My best advice is just start cranking away for Justice and Valor badges and use those to supplement whatever drops aren't happening.

Cool. I probably have enough to get me started. I just need to enchant everything and make sure I'm gemmed properly. I haven't tanked anything since Wrath, so I'm looking forward to it.

Berordn

The things that hurt Wow's visuals the most are the terrible character models and the armor sets that are just reskinned versions of the same armor models since 2004. Ew.

Is it really hurting when players make a conscious choice to make their gear appear as reskinned versions of the same armor models since 2004?

Playing a female Tauren is inexcusable, I'll give you that.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I just wish we could use the bulkier amani/drakari troll models for playable trolls.

syoaran

Might be a bit of a stupid question, but whats the progression path in MoP between 86-90 (i.e what zones do you tackle in what order)?

I was looking at the map online but the level barriers make it feel that going to 3 of the zones after Jade Forest should be ok.

Berordn

Might be a bit of a stupid question, but whats the progression path in MoP between 86-90 (i.e what zones do you tackle in what order)?

I was looking at the map online but the level barriers make it feel that going to 3 of the zones after Jade Forest should be ok.

As far as I'm aware...

Jade Forest is the starting point. At 86 you can go to Valley of the Four Winds, and after following a few breadcrumbs, you can start in Karasang Wilds giving you a choice between the two zones. After hitting 87, you're directed through the Veiled Stair (a mini-zone with few quests or points of interest for leveling characters) toward Kun-Lai Summit. (At this point, you can also open the gate to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, which is more akin to Crystalsong Forest than an actual questing zone, though it is also a daily hub.) Continuing in Kun-Lai will point you toward Townlong Steppes, and shortly after entering breadcrumbs will also point you in the direction of the Dread Wastes.

You're given much more freedom this time, though. Many questing hubs don't have breadcrumbs leading to them and there are only a few quests in extended chains that have many prerequisites.

Cool. I probably have enough to get me started. I just need to enchant everything and make sure I'm gemmed properly. I haven't tanked anything since Wrath, so I'm looking forward to it.
It's a refreshing and whole different beast now than back in Wrath. At least for my bear it was.

I'm only about three weeks back into WoW, but my advice to you is to not spend too much gold on gemming and enchants. At the rate my gear overturned, blue gems sufficed rather well. Purple gems have only gone into iLVL 397 items.

And don't forget that you can wear rep tabards while dungeoning. This is something that completely slipped my mind and I really wish it hadn't, now that I grinding rep through dailies.

syoaran

As far as I'm aware...

Jade Forest is the starting point. At 86 you can go to Valley of the Four Winds, and after following a few breadcrumbs, you can start in Karasang Wilds giving you a choice between the two zones. After hitting 87, you're directed through the Veiled Stair (a mini-zone with few quests or points of interest for leveling characters) toward Kun-Lai Summit. (At this point, you can also open the gate to the Vale of Eternal Blossoms, which is more akin to Crystalsong Forest than an actual questing zone, though it is also a daily hub.) Continuing in Kun-Lai will point you toward Townlong Steppes, and shortly after entering breadcrumbs will also point you in the direction of the Dread Wastes.

You're given much more freedom this time, though. Many questing hubs don't have breadcrumbs leading to them and there are only a few quests in extended chains that have many prerequisites.

I tip my hat to you, sir!

Thanks for this, and it's good to know that there is more freedom. I was a little frustrated at the beta experience so far, with a lot of slow gated questing areas and the requirement to do the quests before the game allowed you to move onto the next hub

Berordn

I tip my hat to you, sir!

Thanks for this, and it's good to know that there is more freedom. I was a little frustrated at the beta experience so far, with a lot of slow gated questing areas and the requirement to do the quests before the game allowed you to move onto the next hub

Jade Forest is extremely gated, unfortunately. It does open up a bit once you reach Dawn's Blossom, but until then it's a bit of a linear storyline involving "KILL HORDE/MONKEYS
(or ALLIANCE/FISH as the case may be)
WATCH CUTSCENES WHERE WE TURN ANDUIN INTO THE NEW THRALL KILL MORE" ad infinitum

Entropia

No One Remembers
Season 11 PvP is ending on the 28th. A good indicator that 5.0 will be out either on that date or on Sept. 4, probably the latter.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Jade Forest is extremely gated, unfortunately. It does open up a bit once you reach Dawn's Blossom, but until then it's a bit of a linear storyline involving "KILL HORDE/MONKEYS
(or ALLIANCE/FISH as the case may be)
WATCH CUTSCENES WHERE WE TURN ANDUIN INTO THE NEW THRALL KILL MORE" ad infinitum

What would happen if Anduin and Thrall mated? Med'an.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Season 11 PvP is ending on the 28th. A good indicator that 5.0 will be out either on that date or on Sept. 4, probably the latter.

Confirmed for 28th.

Kaivax
Blue Poster
Target Source
#1 - 2012/08/14 04:29:00 PM
Please be aware that with the release of the pre-expansion 5.0.4 patch on Tuesday, August 28, all raid lockouts will be reset. This means that you will not be able to extend a raid lockout beyond the week before the patch release.

ampere

Crazy that they tell us the patch date so far in advance, heh. I am excite

edit: isn't that Guild Wars 2's release date? haha

Anoregon

EDIT: DAMMIT ANOREGON!!!

ngbbs4fcad56ff322a.jpg

Kuntz

Time to stack inks to make all the new glyphs for friends... This wil be fun not.

2 boring weeks ahead, don't forget valor and conquest points will be converted into justice/honor.

aesop

Yay patch? Interested to see what the VP/JP conversion rates will be as I've been stockpiling them both in the hopes that I'll get a pretty decent payday.

Glamour shots of my latest transmog set up on my priest.

Enosh

god priest t6 looks amazing (even on gnomes :p), probably my favorite set in the game
leveling a priest in MoP in part because I want that damn set ^^

Magnus

god priest t6 looks amazing (even on gnomes :p), probably my favorite set in the game
leveling a priest in MoP in part because I want that damn set ^^

Priest T8 FTW. Why is it always ignored?!

I'll post my baby later on today, in glorious blue T8.

Dresden

Priest t6 is my favorite set in the game... Shaman t5 and 6 comes close though. Best designs in the game through all these years.

sazzy

Do currencies reset with 5.0.4 or with the actual launch of the expansion?

This is my first WoW expansion launch.

HYYYYYYYYYYPEEEEEEEEEEEE

and the MoP cinematic is coming in about 24 hours or so.

DOUBLE HYYYYYYYPEEEEEEE

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

This is my first WoW expansion.

HYYYYYYYYYYPEEEEEEEEEEEE

DOUBLE HYYYYYYYPEEEEEEE
I would imagine the launch of the expansion if they're planning a 4 week gap.

Fjordson

HYYYYYYYYYYPEEEEEEEEEEEE

DOUBLE HYYYYYYYPEEEEEEE
Haha, I'm pretty hyped as well.

It's almost a shame Blizzard kicked things off with heavily showing off the Pandaren race and the whole Asian influenced vibe of their continent. I'm cool with it, but I see upset comments on other forums and whatnot about how this expansion is destroying WoW and how it's just Kung Fu Panda. As if they never actually looked at what's supposedly coming with MoP. In total, it seems like a great expansion to me.

TheYanger

HYYYYYYYYYYPEEEEEEEEEEEE

DOUBLE HYYYYYYYPEEEEEEE

Can't really say, 5.0 makes the most sense mechanically, but every other Xpac has actually changed the entire currency system entirely so it was irrelevant. This time it would kind of dick people over unless they just make everything cost JP (which is what happened with wrath->Cata so that makes sense as well, convert everything to jp as cost with 5.0, gold convert valor for everyone, make current content not reward VPs).

Angry Grimace

Can't really say, 5.0 makes the most sense mechanically, but every other Xpac has actually changed the entire currency system entirely so it was irrelevant. This time it would kind of dick people over unless they just make everything cost JP (which is what happened with wrath->Cata so that makes sense as well, convert everything to jp as cost with 5.0, gold convert valor for everyone, make current content not reward VPs).

I forgot that they did that with JP in the last Wrath patch, that does make sense.

sazzy

Anyone get the digital or retail CE?

Pre ordered the retail CE. Assuming its gonna be as polished as the D3 CE.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
For you guys who main an Arms Warrior and have played them at level 90. Does the rotation feel different than while leveling up?

I haven't played the beta much (almost level 88) and so far I'm not really liking how it plays. I liked how they got rid of Red and Lams to the Slaughter but the rotation feels all kinds of clunky right now.

Berordn

How would it dick people over if they kept the currency as it was until MoP launches? It seems like it'd be disruptive now that they can just keep it how it is until the expansion goes live.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
Has anyone put in much time with Warlocks on the beta? I'm kind of torn as to what I want my main to be in Mists. Right now its a toss up between my frost dk, bear druid, and if its viable I want to be a petless warlock.

Willectro

Banned
So I haven't played since a month or 2 after Cata (hit 85 on my rogue and got bored). One of my buds is going to give me a scroll of resurrection. I'm thinking about boosting my level 30 druid to 80. Are druids still decent? Will I be able to heal effectively in MoP? I figure if I roll a druid I might not get bored as easily. Also, is this a good time to use the SoR? Or should I wait? Thanks.

Top Bottom