• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Berordn

So I haven't played since a month or 2 after Cata (hit 85 on my rogue and got bored). One of my buds is going to give me a scroll of resurrection. I'm thinking about boosting my level 30 druid to 80. Are druids still decent? Will I be able to heal effectively in MoP? I figure if I roll a druid I might not get bored as easily. Also, is this a good time to use the SoR? Or should I wait? Thanks.

At the moment all the healers are doing alright, though Druids are a bit on the low-end thanks to their reliance on HoTs and their limited AoE heals. Nothing that can't be accounted for or made to mesh well with a group of course, just nowhere near the level of shaman and their insane AoE healing output.

Ultratech

Transmog goodness, eh?

I'll post some of my favorites:

541.jpg
1020.jpg
1275.jpg

Hunter T8 - 25 Man : I like this set. I'm using a variation of it right now with the Orange/Black Shoulder and Pants. Looks super cool with the Frostscythe of Lord Ahune.
Funny enough, you can get nearly every piece of this set without stepping foot into Ulduar. Unfortunately, you can only get the shoulders off Yogg-Saron 25.

Hunter Arena S1
(T4 Recolor): This set looks awesome. Sadly, you can't get the boots for some reason, but I use a Troll, so it's irrelevant. It's actually a little more than a simple recolor though, with some added details.
Should've been the true tier set for T6. (Gronnstalker looks so out of place, it should've been T4 given you're beating on Gruul.)

Dragonstalker (Gold/Purple)
: This deserves some special mention since a good chunk of the pieces can't be obtained anymore unless somebody still has the LW recipes. I finally managed to get all the pieces for this the other day. Was pretty annoying since the pants are a drop off of Kazzak, and he takes several days to a week to respawn. Trying to find a good helmet to go with it currently.

TheYanger

How would it dick people over if they kept the currency as it was until MoP launches? It seems like it'd be disruptive now that they can just keep it how it is until the expansion goes live.

I was saying the opposite :) but in hindsight once I typed it all down, it makes the most sense to do it at 5.0. It wouldn't fuck anyone over: while you'd 'lose' all of your VP, everything would onyl cost JP anyway.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I was saying the opposite :) but in hindsight once I typed it all down, it makes the most sense to do it at 5.0. It wouldn't fuck anyone over: while you'd 'lose' all of your VP, everything would onyl cost JP anyway.

I remember coming up with kind of the same rationalization when they did this in Wrath too. You aren't actually losing any Valor Points (at least not the purchasing power of them) because they have the same value assuming anything you could have bought with VP is now available for JP. What it actually does is make your Justice Points worth more.

//

I don't really like the idea of Spirit of Harmony being used for everything and also being BOP. There isn't any real point in forcing everyone to farm when buying materials requires "farming" in some other way.

Entropia

No One Remembers
What was really annoying is that when 4.0 launched, they adjusted all the items to Cata level costs, so things reasonably priced with Conquest of Frost were a stupid ass price with Justice Points. :\

I don't really like the idea of Spirit of Harmony being used for everything and also being BOP. There isn't any real point in forcing everyone to farm when buying materials requires "farming" in some other way.

Yep, that is a little concerning but as always, Blizzard is willing to adjust things if they don't end up working.

aesop

I dunno. I think it could be good. The fact that it's consolidated down to one type and the motes will drop from everything in the MoP zones means you can effectively farm them while doing other stuff such as dailies, dungeon runs, etc.

ampere

I think it would be perfectly fine if they were BoA, I have some characters with gathering professions and others with crafting, being BoP I will have to farm on both types.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I dunno. I think it could be good. The fact that it's consolidated down to one type and the motes will drop from everything in the MoP zones means you can effectively farm them while doing other stuff such as dailies, dungeon runs, etc.

I just don't like the concept of manually farming crafting materials instead of doing something else for money and convertigin to mats; moreover, it reduces the opportunity for people who like playing the AH to make money.

aesop

I think it would be perfectly fine if they were BoA, I have some characters with gathering professions and others with crafting, being BoP I will have to farm on both types.

Agreed. Hopefully they'll change this.

I just don't like the concept of manually farming crafting materials instead of doing something else for money and convertigin to mats; moreover, it reduces the opportunity for people who like playing the AH to make money.

Fair enough. I like to be able to farm materials if I want to and not have to rely on the AH, but in a pinch, it would be nice to be able buy a few. I thought they had gotten away from that when they changed runed orbs to not be BoP and then we saw chaos orbs with no binds.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
This has probably already been discussed to death, but it's a shame there's no central villain in Mists of Pandaria. Feels weird man.
The Sha and Garrosh act as central villains. There's even hints of something much worse than those, as explained by Wrathion in the first part of the legendary quest chain (starting in patch 5.1).

Entropia

No One Remembers
Rösti;41065245 said:
The Sha and Garrosh act as central villains. There's even hints of something much worse than those, as explained by Wrathion in the first part of the legendary quest chain (starting in patch 5.1).

Sargeras!!!!!!!!

Berordn

We've got the resident "dead" old god Y'Shaarj, the Mogu (who are probably Titan creations just like the Tol'vir), and Garrosh playing patty-cake with the Legion. Next expansion is going to be a three-way fight between them.

Dakota47

Anyone get the digital or retail CE?

Pre ordered the retail CE. Assuming its gonna be as polished as the D3 CE.

Every Blizzard CE for the last five or six years has been the same. Usually it's the game, an art book, a making of dvd, a cd with the music from the game, a mouse mat and some kind of trinket. A bit boring if you ask me.

Angry Grimace

We've got the resident "dead" old god Y'Shaarj, the Mogu (who are probably Titan creations just like the Tol'vir), and Garrosh playing patty-cake with the Legion. Next expansion is going to be a three-way fight between them.

Maybe the Titans themselves will pop out and explain why they're huge douches who just made the world, left the Old Gods in shitty, poorly constructed "prisons," and then just bounced, leaving Sargeras to do whatever he wants.

Berordn

Maybe the Titans themselves will pop out and explain why they're huge douches who just made the world, left the Old Gods in shitty, poorly constructed "prisons," and then just bounced, leaving Sargeras to do whatever he wants.

Said it before and I'll say it 'til it happens.

We're killing the whole Pantheon. The dragons too.

Rokam

Said it before and I'll say it 'til it happens.

We're killing the whole Pantheon. The dragons too.

Nah dragons are just normal dragons now, no titan powers. If anything they'd side with the mortal races should we clash with the Pantheon. I still want to know what happened to Watcher Tyr.

Berordn

Nah dragons are just normal dragons now, no titan powers. If anything they'd side with the mortal races should we clash with the Pantheon. I still want to know what happened to Watcher Tyr.

You misunderstand. I want to kill those lazy, useless, self-endangering, glory-stealing layabouts.

Any team with them on it is one I am willing to play against.

Rokam

You misunderstand. I want to kill those lazy, useless, self-endangering, glory-stealing layabouts.

Any team with them on it is one I am willing to play against.

Oh... well then I understand completely. We can keep Kalecgos around, but yeah I'd be up for killing the others.

Edit: You can change your secret questions now as well as update the mobile authenticator. Just log into your account on battle.net!

M.D

All the servers for the MOP beta are down... is this beta only on weekends or something?

Edit: NVM it's working now

Man God

Non-Canon Member
I sold an account with the first two LE pets on it for a grand and that was waaay before the pokemon minigame was announced.

Dmax3901

So I just got a beta key thanks to Blizzard ANZ going "Hey you want a beta key then email us".

But like, I have uni. What should I do? Give it away?

M.D

There are no restrictions in the MOP beta, right? I can do everything just like a subscribing player? Do characters from the beta carry over if I start subscribing?

Sciz

There are no restrictions in the MOP beta, right? I can do everything just like a subscribing player? Do characters from the beta carry over if I start subscribing?

There aren't any content restrictions, but nothing you do will persist to the live servers.

Angry Grimace

Blues have confirmed that the Fire Hawk and Life-Binder's handmaiden drop rates will be reduced.

Blues have confirmed that the Fire Hawk and Life-Binder's handmaiden drop rates will be reduced.

Figures. I've been out of it far too long, even if I come back now to have a real shot at either of those. I do like the Firehawk. Handmaiden is more meh (don't get me wrong, still a cool mount, but far from my favorites). At least the Firehawk drops on both normal and heroic for future level 90-95 cheesing runs.

M.D

I just realized you can create a level 85 character in the beta.....

let's create a mage....
oh god i have no clue what the fuck I'm doing ;p

Top Bottom