• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Sciz

My pre-patch routine involves logging in Darnassus
KuGsj.gif

I like Blade's Edge as my major patch safe zone. Guaranteed that no one else will be there and that Blizzard won't have touched the zone in the slightest.

Magnus

I'm almost glad I have work till 9pm tomorrow. Hopefully things should be up and running by then.

I guess I should log in quick tonight and spend my VP, eh? Haha.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Level 30 talents should not be a dps increase, they were for a bit but they healing was buffed and damage was nerfed, so they are like a ret paladin using holy power for word of glory. Trading damage for healing

Blossoms, I think stuff like that is situational/pvp but I can't really say 100%

Thanks

BTW, are you Alliance or Horde? Should add me on Battletags when those go in tomorrow - Entropia#1217

This is why I'm still holding off resubbing at least until the Theramore event is live. Patch day clusterfuck.

That and I'm low on cash at the moment, so any extra I can save for a bit is better.

I won a beta key from a podcast last night and I've been trying some stuff out.

I played through the Pandaren starting area with a Monk. I thought it was pretty cool. That area is really nice looking and the story is pretty good. I actually sat down and watched the whole Lorewalker vignette on the bridge and I thought it was really well done. The Monks as a class seem pretty fun. I could see myself playing one. My desire to play went right out the window when I got to Orgrimmar though. Just the thought of leveling another character, even with heirlooms, made me hesitant. I'm definitely not doing anything like that in Beta or on Live until well after I've gotten my main characters leveled and stuff.

I also tried pet battles. Such a Pokemon ripoff, but it's good. I started a quest chain that led me around Kalimdor fighting trainers. Pretty cool. But why does the healing spell need an 8 minute cooldown?

And what's with the level 13 Alliance kicking everyone's ass outside Org? Is that bank item slot switch bug back?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I flew my mage into Storm Peaks and encountered a very strange guy that insisted that the Time Lost Proto was going to spawn in exactly three hours. I told him that I had my doubts of this, and he claimed he had killed it on his other character earlier, which of course led me to be skeptical in that there would then be no reason for him to be flying around the TLPD patrol routes if he had done so with account-level mounts coming tomorrow.

For some reason he got extremely angry at this, logged onto a toon that did in fact have the TLPD and started swearing to use his "three accounts" to dedicate himself to making sure I never got the mount.
KuGsj.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's a tip on the loading screen that just says, "Nobody has seen Turalyon or Alleria in years."

There's a tip on the loading screen that just says, "Nobody has seen Turalyon or Alleria in years."

Yeah, was just reading their entries on Wowpedia since you mentioned that, and they both went missing in Outland, but before the players got there in BC. But as Rokam implied, they wouldn't really fit in Mists, unless as part of a setup for the next expansion, which could see a return to Outland/Twisting Nether or wherever the Burning Legion homeworld may be.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i would guess the next expansion is going to be some sort of "cataclysm" for Outland. Instead of "revamping" it they'll probably make it the lvl 95 stuff. who knows, though. just my rambling.

i would guess the next expansion is going to be some sort of "cataclysm" for Outland. Instead of "revamping" it they'll probably make it the lvl 95 stuff. who knows, though. just my rambling.

Well the thing about Outland is that besides the Dark Portal (which is big and grandiose), there are other, smaller portals that are closed which go elsewhere. So yeah, you could easily have a revamp with some stuff in the old part of Outland, but have the majority (or at least some) of the content being through those portals.

Rokam

Anyone know if we'll be able to start earning panda rep tomorrow? I know you could with goblins/worgens before Cata came out.

G-Fex

This is a pretty good expansion for casual play, you can queue for the raids and dungeons any time of the day :)

There are probably mid-day raiding guilds too if you wanted to do that

Ah ok.

I honestly never done raids only dungeons.

I might buy a WoW card tomorrow .

lordmrw

I can't wait for:

Blizz: Servers will be up at 11 AM.

Blizz: Correction, servers will be up at 11:14 AM

Blizz: Correction correction, servers will be up at 1:30 PM

Blizz: Correction correction correction, servers will be up at 2:23 PM.

etc. etc.

Players: RAAAAAAAGE THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE RAAAAAAAGE

I work 6:45 to 3 so outside of a few exceptions the server downtime has never affected me. I should take the time to check the forums and see the rage that builds up as the servers coming back up keeps getting pushed back.

sazzy

Game is patching!

6 hours to go!!

Its gonna be 4am here when the servers are supposed to start..

I have classes tomorrow, and a test..

hmm what to do..

Entropia

No One Remembers
Game is patching!

6 hours to go!!

Its gonna be 4am here when the servers are supposed to start..

I have classes tomorrow, and a test..

hmm what to do..

Thank God I have a work day, otherwise I'd be impatient waiting for the servers lol

sazzy

Ooo shiny new launcher!

and new optimization?

damn wonder if its gonna fuck with a lot of people like it did with 4.3..

Entropia

No One Remembers
Ooo shiny new launcher!

and new optimization?

damn wonder if its gonna fuck with a lot of people like it did with 4.3..

Maybe.

If you need to be out for the day (School, Work, etc) you should turn on the launcher. The Optimization thing is gonna take awhile it seems. I've had it on for like 10 minutes and I'm at 2%.

JCizzle

Damn you Blizzard (in a good way). Can't wait for this, but they're clearly toying with those of us playing GW2 as well, lol. I can't wait for these changes though, so GW2 will have to be put on the back burner for a few days. At least I won't mind if it takes Blizz a little bit longer to get the servers up tonight!

My first priority will probably be reforging my Prot War to hit/exp and trying out the new active mitigation model. Not having to worry about rend application anymore will be excellent.

sazzy

Maybe.

If you need to be out for the day (School, Work, etc) you should turn on the launcher. The Optimization thing is gonna take awhile it seems. I've had it on for like 10 minutes and I'm at 2%.

Its 10pm here (sydney), I got nowhere to go man.

I'm done for the day, only thing to do is sleep and I'm not sleepy.

This is my first expansion launch so I'm really geeky excited lol.

Think I'll go watch some class videos..

Entropia

No One Remembers
Does the LFR loot system change today?

I'm not sure, I never did LFR on the PTR but I don't think it will be in for this.

The new roll system is in play: it shows the item -> Who won it. Your chat log won't be spammed with the rolls. You also get a lil popup with what you won.

Volimar

Mine is still at 0% :(

Although, the WoW folder seems to have mysteriously grown by about 8GBs.. :O

My optimization is at 0%. Been waiting about 20 minutes.

New spells are now learned automatically. Class trainers are only needed to change talents, glyphs, class specialization, or to utilize the dual specialization feature.

Relics, ranged, and thrown items

The slot in which ranged, relics, and thrown items were previously equipped has been removed. All weapons should now be equipped in the weapon slot.
Ranged weapons, including wands, have been adjusted to be more powerful.
Ranged weapons no longer have a minimum range.

Whaaaaaaaaaat

sazzy

Anyone care to copy/paste this? Link is blocked. Thanks!

Here:

General
Account-wide Achievements, pets, and mounts
In Patch 5.0.4 and beyond, the majority of your character's Achievements, pets, and mounts will be shared with your other characters.
World Event: Attack on Theramore Isle
Warchief Garrosh, obsessed with assuring the Horde's supremacy over Kalimdor, launches an all-out attack against Jaina's island home of Theramore. Though valiant Alliance defenders rush to repel the sudden onslaught, they'll soon find themselves unprepared for the terrible scope of Garrosh's true plans...
This Scenario will become available in the weeks leading up to the launch of Mists of Pandaria on September 25.
AOE Looting
Area of effect looting comes to World of Warcraft with this patch. After killing a group of enemies in close proximity, when you loot one of their corpses, the loot window will include items from all of the nearby corpses for which you have loot rights.
BattleTag support in World of Warcraft
Players who have enabled their BattleTag will now be able to:
See BattleTag friends in your friends list.
Add and remove BattleTag friends.
Send BattleTag invites to other players via right-click.
Cross-Realm Zones
In some zones, players are now able to form a group with other players from a select pool of realms.
When a player is in a zone that is set as a "cross-realm zone", in addition to seeing other players from their native realm, they'll also seamlessly see (and be able to play with) players from other realms.
Players will always be able to group and quest as they normally would with players from their native realm.
This functionality will be enabled for a limited number of realms at first, and will be granted to additional realms as we near the release of Mists of Pandaria.
Classes: General
All classes have been updated with a new talent system, improved abilities, and spells (accessible throughout levels 1-85). Your character's talents have been reset.
Many old talents have been converted to specialization abilities.
Druids now have access to a fourth class specialization: Guardian.
New spells are now learned automatically. Class trainers are only needed to change talents, glyphs, class specialization, or to utilize the dual specialization feature.
All characters now take 40% less damage from other players.
Currency Conversion
Valor points have been converted to Justice points, and Conquest points have been converted to Honor points.
Neither of the resultant currencies (Justice and Honor) have an enforced hard-cap at this time.
Players are no longer able to earn Valor or Conquest points (bosses drop Justice, and arenas are closed).
Items formerly purchasable for Valor/Conquest are available for Justice/Honor.
Items
Spell Penetration has been replaced by PvP Power on existing items.
Head enchants removed
Enchants that modify the gear in your head slot have been removed from the game. This includes older head enchants of every type.
The slot in which ranged, relics, and thrown items were previously equipped has been removed. All weapons should now be equipped in the weapon slot.
Professions
The glyph system has been updated. Many class glyphs have been added, altered, or moved to different glyph types.
Prime glyphs have been removed.
Chef's Award and Dalaran Cooking Award have been removed. Existing awards have been converted to Epicurean's Award.
Quests
The cap for daily quests has been removed.
There is no longer a displayed count of daily quests completed.
User Interface
There is a new user interface for your mounts and pets.
Character creation screens have been updated.
Buffs have been consolidated in the UI.
New roll results frame added. This new feature can be accessed by clicking the word "[Loot]" in chat, or by typing "/loot".
The PvE queue frames have been unified. You can now queue for dungeons, raids, and other queue-able content in one handy place.
Vendors now offer item filtering.
Spellbooks have been updated to reflect changes to core abilities, and now include a brief overview of specializations.
The Dungeon Journal has been expanded with information on all pre-Cataclysm encounters.
A new help system has been added to many frames. You can toggle this on and off by clicking the "i" button in the upper left corner of the frame.
Mac
Mac OS X 10.5 is no longer supported.
Added full support for Retina displays.
Added support for game resolutions that match Mac screen aspect ratios.
Switching between Windowed and Fullscreen display modes should be faster.
A "Help" menu has been added, so that players can quickly navigate to support pages.
A menu item that allows players to copy system information to the Clipboard has been added.
A menu item that reveals various game files and folders in Finder has been added.

Volimar

Anyone care to copy/paste this? Link is blocked. Thanks!

Quick and dirty:

General

Account-wide Achievements, pets, and mounts
In Patch 5.0.4 and beyond, the majority of your character's Achievements, pets, and mounts will be shared with your other characters.
World Event: Attack on Theramore Isle
Warchief Garrosh, obsessed with assuring the Horde's supremacy over Kalimdor, launches an all-out attack against Jaina's island home of Theramore. Though valiant Alliance defenders rush to repel the sudden onslaught, they'll soon find themselves unprepared for the terrible scope of Garrosh's true plans...
This Scenario will become available in the weeks leading up to the launch of Mists of Pandaria on September 25.
AOE Looting
Area of effect looting comes to World of Warcraft with this patch. After killing a group of enemies in close proximity, when you loot one of their corpses, the loot window will include items from all of the nearby corpses for which you have loot rights.
BattleTag support in World of Warcraft
Players who have enabled their BattleTag will now be able to:
See BattleTag friends in your friends list.
Add and remove BattleTag friends.
Send BattleTag invites to other players via right-click.
Cross-Realm Zones
In some zones, players are now able to form a group with other players from a select pool of realms.
When a player is in a zone that is set as a "cross-realm zone", in addition to seeing other players from their native realm, they'll also seamlessly see (and be able to play with) players from other realms.
Players will always be able to group and quest as they normally would with players from their native realm.
This functionality will be enabled for a limited number of realms at first, and will be granted to additional realms as we near the release of Mists of Pandaria.

Classes: General

All classes have been updated with a new talent system, improved abilities, and spells (accessible throughout levels 1-85). Your character's talents have been reset.
Many old talents have been converted to specialization abilities.
Druids now have access to a fourth class specialization: Guardian.
All characters now take 40% less damage from other players.

Currency Conversion

Valor points have been converted to Justice points, and Conquest points have been converted to Honor points.
Neither of the resultant currencies (Justice and Honor) have an enforced hard-cap at this time.
Players are no longer able to earn Valor or Conquest points (bosses drop Justice, and arenas are closed).
Items formerly purchasable for Valor/Conquest are available for Justice/Honor.

Items

Spell Penetration has been replaced by PvP Power on existing items.
Head enchants removed
Enchants that modify the gear in your head slot have been removed from the game. This includes older head enchants of every type.

Professions

The glyph system has been updated. Many class glyphs have been added, altered, or moved to different glyph types.
Prime glyphs have been removed.
Chef's Award and Dalaran Cooking Award have been removed. Existing awards have been converted to Epicurean's Award.

Quests

The cap for daily quests has been removed.
There is no longer a displayed count of daily quests completed.

User Interface

There is a new user interface for your mounts and pets.
Character creation screens have been updated.
Buffs have been consolidated in the UI.
New roll results frame added. This new feature can be accessed by clicking the word "[Loot]" in chat, or by typing "/loot".
The PvE queue frames have been unified. You can now queue for dungeons, raids, and other queue-able content in one handy place.
Vendors now offer item filtering.
Spellbooks have been updated to reflect changes to core abilities, and now include a brief overview of specializations.
The Dungeon Journal has been expanded with information on all pre-Cataclysm encounters.
A new help system has been added to many frames. You can toggle this on and off by clicking the "i" button in the upper left corner of the frame.

Mac

Mac OS X 10.5 is no longer supported.
Added full support for Retina displays.
Added support for game resolutions that match Mac screen aspect ratios.
Switching between Windowed and Fullscreen display modes should be faster.
A "Help" menu has been added, so that players can quickly navigate to support pages.
A menu item that allows players to copy system information to the Clipboard has been added.
A menu item that reveals various game files and folders in Finder has been added.

saaaaazzzzzzzyyyyyyy!!!!

<shakes fist>

Top Bottom