• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
0ykrp.jpg

:woot:

Glad to see that i'm not the only person who was crazy enough to farm Tolvir Archaeology until that mount shows up.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Congratulations! And on the topic of Archaeology apparently they have more unannounced changes in store for MoP.

I don't think there's any reason to assume those are "unannounced" as opposed to just the blues explaining the Lorewalkers faction and how it interacts with Archeology in MOP.

Ultratech

Spent today leveling my Druid. It's fun tanking as a Bear and mauling everything in sight.

Funny since I haven't really leveled anything in a long time, so I'm surprised at how fast the leveling process is now.
(My recent DK doesn't really count, since he started from 55.)

Congrats. Also, I just noticed that the description had a typo in it. lol

Now I've nothing to do.

Very nice! Grats on Loremaster.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Currently in the beta, each dig site gives you nine artifacts as oppose to live where they only give you three.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Currently in the beta, each dig site gives you nine artifacts as oppose to live where they only give you three.

Each dig site in the beta gives you 5-9, which is the same as on live. It's been that way since 4.3.0.

Einchy

Each dig site in the beta gives you 5-9, which is the same as on live. It's been that way since 4.3.0.

I guess I used the wrong terms, I was talking about how you can now get more than 3 of these

http://www.wowhead.com/currencies=82

from if each dig site.

Each of those gives you 5-9 but you only get 3 per site on live. In the beta you get more than 3 per site.

[edit]

Though, I was telling someone how you get a shit ton more than 3 on beta and they told me it was nine. I hadn't done it in a while so I figured they were right but I just logged in the beta and got 5. So many the new cap is 9, I dunno, but you definitely get more than 3 each time(most?).

Angry Grimace

I guess I used the wrong terms, I was talking about how you can now get more than 3 of these

http://www.wowhead.com/currencies=82

from if each dig site.

Each of those gives you 5-9 but you only get 3 per site on live. In the beta you get more than 3 per site.

[edit]

Though, I was telling someone how you get a shit ton more than 3 on beta and they told me it was nine. I hadn't done it in a while so I figured they were right but I just logged in the beta and got 5. So many the new cap is 9, I dunno, but you definitely get more than 3 each time(most?).
What you are describing is exactly how it works on live right now. You get 5 to 9 fragments every time you use "survey" in the live game, dude. :lol

Einchy

No? I just did some right after I made that post and got 3 from 3 dig sites. I can do some more and take a screenshot if you want.

Tamanon

Banned
OK, I think there's some confusion here.

Are you talking about 5-9 separate digs on each site, or 5-9 fragments from each successful dig?

Because the latter is the way it's been since 4.3. The former is an increase.

Einchy

OK, I think there's some confusion here.

Are you talking about 5-9 separate digs on each site, or 5-9 fragments from each successful dig?

Because the latter is the way it's been since 4.3. The former is an increase.

Former, like I said, my first post wasn't so clear but my second post should've made it clear what I was talking about.

Enosh

damn really got into this whole tanking thing
instant ques are amazing ^^
plus blizzard is bribing me for tanking sometimes

Angry Grimace

Former, like I said, my first post wasn't so clear but my second post should've made it clear what I was talking about.

Your second post said you "get more than 3 of these" and then linked the fragments, so I assumed you meant more than 3 fragments per survey, not more than three surveys per digsite. I'll grant you that archeology is a slog, but they need to fix the profession's sloggyness, not just make you get 50 fragments per site.

I'm getting that itch again, guys.

I played Vanilla WoW for a couple years, enjoyed it, but got burned out and quit until Burning Crusade was released.

Played for a month, quit, until Wrath was released.

Played for a month, quit, until Cataclysm was released.

Played for a month, quit.

Now you'd think with my track record I would have learned, but I'm finding it really difficult to resist putting down an order on Pandaria. :(

What do, GAF.

C.Dark.DN

Banned

I played Vanilla WoW for a couple years, enjoyed it, but got burned out and quit until Burning Crusade was released.

Now you'd think with my track record I would have learned, but I'm finding it really difficult to resist putting down an order on Pandaria. :(

What do, GAF.

Play for a month and quit.

Angry Grimace

Playing a game for a month is a pretty good return on investment vs. other games, really.

Angry Grimace

No? I just did some right after I made that post and got 3 from 3 dig sites. I can do some more and take a screenshot if you want.

I just logged onto both beta and PTR and it appears that its a flat six surveys per site.

Tamanon

Banned
That's weird, would've thought Worgen and Goblins would be able to.

Oh well, I'm making a human monk anyways. Going back to the ol' EQ days again!

Also, I must admit that the mount you get in the Digital Deluxe edition is sexy as hell, and probably swaying my choice a bit.

I just wish certain mounts were account wide.

The Time-Lost Proto Drake I spent two weeks farming is just going to waste on my Shaman. :(

Rokam

Also, I must admit that the mount you get in the Digital Deluxe edition is sexy as hell, and probably swaying my choice a bit.

I just wish certain mounts were account wide.

The Time-Lost Proto Drake I spent two weeks farming is just going to waste on my Shaman. :(

The only mounts that aren't account wide are Class and Pvp mounts.

Dresden

My brain: "Why would you play your shaman again? Ascendance might be a great burst cooldown, and Stormlash is a great group dps cooldown, and your self healing is off the charts with Healing Storm, but your mobility sucks and Stormlash is probably going to get nerfed anyways! Resto isn't even that good! The whole class is clunky as fuck! Enjoy getting stomped everywhere you go unless you stick to PVE!"

My heart: "Man it looks so cool."

So yesterday I made the crazy decision to attempt to kill me a Time-Lost Proto Drake. I patrolled the known spawn points for ~6 hours, with no luck.

Today, within about 5 minutes of logging in, my NPCScan addon made the noise and alerted me that there was a TLPD closeby! My heart jumped out of my chest and I frantically searched all around for it... to no avail. I spent the next hour looking everywhere, thinking "he MUST be around here somewhere!" I even looked on the ground for a corpse, but found nothing. :( I think that's the worst part — that I have no idea what happened or where it was. Probably my most horrible disappointment yet.

ampere

Nope, rare mounts were always available cross character. The only recent change is the $$$ mounts (chopper, grand mammoth) being available.

I think he means is it a MoP change, which it is.

Mounts are not account wide on live servers right now, but they will be on Tuesday when 5.0 goes live.

My brain: "Why would you play your shaman again? Ascendance might be a great burst cooldown, and Stormlash is a great group dps cooldown, and your self healing is off the charts with Healing Storm, but your mobility sucks and Stormlash is probably going to get nerfed anyways! Resto isn't even that good! The whole class is clunky as fuck! Enjoy getting stomped everywhere you go unless you stick to PVE!"

My heart: "Man it looks so cool."
lol. I'm tempted to try out Shaman pvp as a dps this expac, but I only ever have success as resto

Number45

So yesterday I made the crazy decision to attempt to kill me a Time-Lost Proto Drake. I patrolled the known spawn points for ~6 hours, with no luck.

Today, within about 5 minutes of logging in, my NPCScan addon made the noise and alerted me that there was a TLPD closeby! My heart jumped out of my chest and I frantically searched all around for it... to no avail. I spent the next hour looking everywhere, thinking "he MUST be around here somewhere!" I even looked on the ground for a corpse, but found nothing. :( I think that's the worst part — that I have no idea what happened or where it was. Probably my most horrible disappointment yet.
I spent some time each day a while back trying to track this thing down, and a friend of mine has been checking near enough daily for MONTHS now to no avail. :(

Rokam

I think he means is it a MoP change, which it is.

Mounts are not account wide on live servers right now, but they will be on Tuesday when 5.0 goes live.

You may want to read what he posted again. He was talking about TLPD not going to be account wide which it is.

What do, GAF.

Play for a month, you'll probably quit again. I'd imagine subs will start cratering again after a few months of MoP

You may want to read what he posted again. He was talking about TLPD not going to be account wide which it is.

I didn't know about the upcoming changes when I posted that. I was lamenting the fact that it wasn't account wide now or in the past, and I wished it was.

I am glad to hear that my wish is going to be granted in a day, though. :)

Tarazet

damn really got into this whole tanking thing
instant ques are amazing ^^
plus blizzard is bribing me for tanking sometimes

I leveled my Protadin purely by tanking dungeons. It keeps your gear relatively up to date, the XP is amazing (especially running with a RAF buddy), and I still got to Exalted with Bilgewater Cartel before hitting 80, which happened at about 30 hours played. Now I'm at 83 and probably will hit 85 this week.

Would you like some tips on how to catch one?

SkyandSun

Banned
Been unable to play today at all and can't get on to the EU WoW site either. Anyone else with this issue? Am in the UK with O2 broadband.

Top Bottom