• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
MoP's event is going to suck. From what it seems, it's just going to be the scenario and nothing else. I was really hoping for an event in SW and Org like the last pre-xpac events.

Ultratech

One last day of 4.3...

On a positive note, I can finally get my mount from Tol Borad today!
Hit exalted with Hellscream's Reach yesterday, so I just have to do the dailies today and I'm done.

Surprisingly, we've been winning some TB lately, which has led to some fun fights. Hell, we even had an all-out Wintergrasp battle a few days ago. (Which I'm not totally sure how we won exactly.)

Also managed to get Gleaming Quel'Serrar for my DK for transmog. Looks nice.

Dawn of the final day, 24 hours remain.

WOoooooooooooooooo

It's almost time!
Dawn_of_the_Final_Day_by_LuigiIII.png

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I was slightly drunk saturday night and decided I was going to farm Tiny Emerald Whelpling. I went to bed a few hours later, then spent a good chunk of yesterday farming until I finally got one around 5. I lost track once I started deleting Tiny Fangs from my iventory, but I killed probably about 4k before I got it.

ampere

Yeah the 'event' for the patch is just the Theramore scenario and it's not going away when MoP launches so there is no traditional limited time event. Kind of a bummer

still pretty excited for the patch :)

rogue rotations change like, hardly at all though

Entropia

No One Remembers
Yeah the 'event' for the patch is just the Theramore scenario and it's not going away when MoP launches so there is no traditional limited time event. Kind of a bummer

still pretty excited for the patch :)

rogue rotations change like, hardly at all though

Yeah dude, I'm stoked for tomorrow! I love the expansion pre-patches with all the new features and what not ;3

Entropia

No One Remembers
Don't you play a shaman? lots of changes there, my old main was shaman so I'll have to check them all out

I do! Aside from the totem changes, nothing changes majorly to the Ele rotation. Though I haven't got to put them to use in a raid setting, I'll probably pop in LFR tomorrow night and see how it goes.

G-Fex

Ah then again my new work schedule might get in the way of playtime.

I work graveyard shift

in fact I have to sleep now to wake up later on tonight for work.

ampere

Ah then again my new work schedule might get in the way of playtime.

I work graveyard shift

in fact I have to sleep now to wake up later on tonight for work.

This is a pretty good expansion for casual play, you can queue for the raids and dungeons any time of the day :)

There are probably mid-day raiding guilds too if you wanted to do that

Tamanon

Banned
I feel like I'm just killing time until Pandaland. I just want to play as a monk so bad. Hell, in Cata, I've got 3 85s but never set foot in a heroic or raid. Weird, considering how much I raided in Lich King.

Trying to decide what I want to do for the next month with 5.0.4. Have a shaman at 78 now, so waiting for the XP drop to continue....might just level my paladin again.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
MoP's event is going to suck. From what it seems, it's just going to be the scenario and nothing else. I was really hoping for an event in SW and Org like the last pre-xpac events.

It's totally disappointing. I liked the Ghoul Invasion pre-WLK. Delicious tears.

I wish Runic Corruption was better for DKs. I hate Rune Tetris. I'm also not sure whether I'm going to be better or worse at soloing with the changes. Un-capped Vengeance might make up for any losses.

ampere

Trying to decide what I want to do for the next month with 5.0.4. Have a shaman at 78 now, so waiting for the XP drop to continue....might just level my paladin again.

Paladin leveling is so fun, I think I have leveled 5 paladins to level 70 or higher (all as prot mostly with a little ret). I do need to mix things up and level one as holy sometime

Rokam

Well now I only need the achievement from Violet Hold to kill all the bosses to get my Red Proto Drake. Hopefully the RNG gods are kind to me tomorrow.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Retribution Paladin is like 10 times more fun and intuitive in 5.0.4. The most important thing is that Templar's Verdict now has an animation, as does Crusader Strike.
3AQmK.gif

I have a strong preference for Divine Purpose because otherwise you're just turning into a massive burst machine who sucks the other 90% of the time AW isn't up.

Anyone know about how long before launch the digital collector's edition will be up for purchase?

I heard it goes away sometime before launch, but I'm not sure how soon.

Angry Grimace

I can't wait for:

Blizz: Servers will be up at 11 AM.

Blizz: Correction, servers will be up at 11:14 AM

Blizz: Correction correction, servers will be up at 1:30 PM

Blizz: Correction correction correction, servers will be up at 2:23 PM.

etc. etc.

Players: RAAAAAAAGE THIS HAS NEVER HAPPENED BEFORE RAAAAAAAGE

Rokam

I can't wait for:

etc. etc.

My prediction is it will be up at 5 PM PST.

Ultratech

I can't wait for:

etc. etc.

If this were Nexon, it'd be a typical maintenance. (Seriously.)

Chris R

Can DK's grant levels? Thinking of what my second class should be after I finish RAFing these pallys to 80 (so much bitching about being dual prot spec!) Don't want to do mage since I main a mage so I was thinking druid or rouge :|

ampere

Alright so, anyone try a DPS Monk?

What's the general single target rotation/priority?

I've tried it a bit on beta (main swapping to one, but going brewmaster main spec). I might be wrong, but my understanding is:

Fists of Fury on CD, Rising Sun Kick on CD, only use Tiger's Palm to keep up the armor pen buff or on a mastery proc, Blackout Kick for filler, and Jab to generate Chi. For AoE (3 or more targets) replace Jab with Spinning Crane Kick

Energizing brew, use when your energy is low try to use on CD, but obviously not before Fists of Fury, Tigerseye brew I don't really know what is optimal but I was trying to use it when it hit 10 stacks

Can DK's grant levels? Thinking of what my second class should be after I finish RAFing these pallys to 80 (so much bitching about being dual prot spec!) Don't want to do mage since I main a mage so I was thinking druid or rouge :|
Yeah but doing the DK starting zone with two DKs, ick

Also it might be faster to do two sets to level 40. I did dual prot pallys to 80 and now I have two prot warriors at 70 omw to 80 and then I'll make a level 2 for the last level grant

Entropia

No One Remembers
I've tried it a bit on beta (main swapping to one, but going brewmaster main spec). I might be wrong, but my understanding is:

Fists of Fury on CD, Rising Sun Kick on CD, only use Tiger's Palm to keep up the armor pen buff or on a mastery proc, Blackout Kick for filler, and Jab to generate Chi. For AoE (3 or more targets) replace Jab with Spinning Crane Kick

Energizing brew, use when your energy is low try to use on CD, but obviously not before Fists of Fury, Tigerseye brew I don't really know what is optimal but I was trying to use it when it hit 10 stacks

Ahh, hadn't thought about using Fists of Fury regularly.

I was using Jab to build Chi
Tiger's Palm to keep up the debuff
Using Blackout Kick as a filler
Using Rising Sun Kick on CD

Then there's all this other shit like the Blossoms and Chi Wave etc.

I am debating about changing mains to a Windwalker.

Just got into a dungeon on beta, I'll give that a shot.

ampere

Ahh, hadn't thought about using Fists of Fury regularly.

I was using Jab to build Chi
Tiger's Palm to keep up the debuff
Using Blackout Kick as a filler
Using Rising Sun Kick on CD

Then there's all this other shit like the Blossoms and Chi Wave etc.

I am debating about changing mains to a Windwalker.

Just got into a dungeon on beta, I'll give that a shot.

Level 30 talents should not be a dps increase, they were for a bit but they healing was buffed and damage was nerfed, so they are like a ret paladin using holy power for word of glory. Trading damage for healing

Blossoms, I think stuff like that is situational/pvp but I can't really say 100%

Top Bottom