• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Sucks that the Theramore scenario and cross realm zones wont be available for everyone today, oh well... i will have plenty of time trying to set up talents, spells and glyphs.

Bisnic

really? that sounds like a lot.. did you get the 6GB patch when it came out a couple of weeks ago or so?

mine's only 450mb..

My Blizzard Downloader yesterday said 16gb downloaded with 21gb being the full thing... i'm not sure why it's that fucking big. I'm not downloading the full game here, it's a patch!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
updatinggggggggggg

sazzy

During the beta, one of the early launcher designs had these pointy corners.

I liked that :\

This is just a box :\

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
"Reconfiguring game files. Please wait"

After 10 minutes, it's at 2%... is this right?

Yoshichan

sazzy

So close...

Actually not really since the actual expansion isn't out for another month.

Bummer.

How great would it be if it did though? I have mid-semester break all of next week.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Hopefully the percent tracker on this is screwed up since I've had it running for about 15-20 minutes and it hasn't gone past zero percent and I have a pretty decent desktop.

sazzy

Hopefully the percent tracker on this is screwed up since I've had it running for about 15-20 minutes and it hasn't gone past zero percent and I have a pretty decent desktop.

Its fine, same thing happened to me. It'll be done in another 10 or so.

Dresden

What was the talent system like before Cataclysm?

No choosing a spec that unlocked special abilities, they were just there in the tree and you weren't restricted to being required to spend a certain amount of points before being able to diversify. (stuff like prep/ar or prot/holy healer were a result of this)

strafer

wow-talents-wrath.jpg

Tamanon

Banned

It was.....weird. You basically didn't get any real spec-defining abilities until around level 40 or 50. All these important spells you get from your specialization like Avenger's Shield, Shield Slam or Penance were deep in the talent tree. It was very easy to screw up for newer folks and had no real choice if you were in PvE.

Entropia

No One Remembers

It wasn't condensed like it is now. You weren't locked into a tree for the first 31 talent points, so you could put them wherever they were available (you still had to put 5 points in the first tier to move down).

The problem was a lot of abilities like Penance, or Dispersion - basically class defining abilities were tucked all the way down at the bottom of the tree meaning you didn't get it until a few levels before the level cap. This meant you didn't really get a good grasp on how you're supposed to use it.

Bisnic

It wasn't condensed like it is now. You weren't locked into a tree for the first 31 talent points, so you could put them wherever they were available (you still had to put 5 points in the first tier to move down).

The problem was a lot of abilities like Penance, or Dispersion - basically class defining abilities were tucked all the way down at the bottom of the tree meaning you didn't get it until a few levels before the level cap. This meant you didn't really get a good grasp on how you're supposed to use it.

Ret Paladins were fucking terrible to lvl before Cataclysm, all you had was auto attacks and Judgment for nearly 50 lvls before Crusader Strike was available.

Dresden

Ret Paladins were fucking terrible to lvl before Cataclysm, all you had was auto attacks and Judgment for nearly 50 lvls before Crusader Strike was available.

Having leveled one in TBC, all I can say is that at least it wasn't as bad as Priests.

I mean, wanding was the most optimal way to kill stuff for a long, long time. :/

Enosh

holy shit
I leveled with CS and at low levels it sometimes felt like I didn't have shit to do

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Completely forgot how many talents there were in the old system. Lots of opportunities to fuck up your spec there.

Bisnic

holy shit
I leveled with CS and at low levels it sometimes felt like I didn't have shit to do

Eh, you're lucky to have missed it.

To think some people want Blizzard to add classic or TBC servers. I think their brain decided to erase the bad memories.

Top Bottom