• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Magnus

Back home at 9pm Eastern for a few hours of 5.0 insanity. Lookin forward to it! Hopefully everything's running smoothly by then.

Also, good lord @ this new MoP launcher optimization. I'm glad I just launched it before heading to work. It's been 5 minutes and it's still at 1%. =/

Is this process optional? That is, is it cancelable while still allowing the game to be playable by just launching the .exe and bypassing the Launcher or something?

Stuggernaut

Grandma's Chippy
Just let it run, mine was really slow...like only to 10% in 30 min, then all of a sudden it was finished.

About 40-45 min overall for me.

I'd rather do it, and have it be finished before digging into the patch. Would suck to skip it then find out sometime later it had to be done.

ampere

Back home at 9pm Eastern for a few hours of 5.0 insanity. Lookin forward to it! Hopefully everything's running smoothly by then.

Also, good lord @ this new MoP launcher optimization. I'm glad I just launched it before heading to work. It's been 5 minutes and it's still at 1%. =/

Is this process optional? That is, is it cancelable while still allowing the game to be playable by just launching the .exe and bypassing the Launcher or something?

no, you have to do it

Rokam

Mine was stuck at 4% for about an hour. Then it just skipped to 100%. Make sure you have it running in administrative mode.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How many hours left?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
God.

I am so pumped.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So is Curse not working? I only have a few separate addons, I'd just assumed they were all up to date - I don't get any errors when I launch it (when it eventually loads...).

I use TukUI for everything that I can, just adding bits and pieces as necessary. The update is ready to go for that already. :)

It's freezing whenever it starts for me, but that just could be because the WoW optimization is going at the same time =X

Rokam

Don't forget that to get cross realm mounts/pets/achievements you'll need to log onto each individual character that has the stuff you want.

Still no account wide Boa's I imagine.

Thats been a joke from day 1 though.
Nope unfortunately.

I want my Murloc Costume back dammit. There has to be a way to do this. Maybe a system that works like how CE pets and such used to work where they head into your mailbox on a new character? Or maybe an account wide storage bank that only has 10 slots?

Yoshichan

I love when you get pumped up Yoshi~ :3
♥

RWl3B.gif

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Don't forget that to get cross realm mounts/pets/achievements you'll need to log onto each individual character that has the stuff you want.

Oh really, that's confirmed? Bah, I have characters strewn across like 7 servers with random pets, mounts, and achievements. THIS WILL CUT INTO MY WARLOCKING TIME.

Robin64

Yoshi gets pumped about everything. Sometimes it leads to good things (FFVII-PC) and sometimes it leads to crying in the corner (Diablo III). I love it.

man its gonna be weird not having relics anymore even tho thats how it was ORIGINALLY so long long ago.....and rogues not having thrown is also weird.

eh, wait, after reading that patch note....does that mean Relics are still in except we just equip it in offhand?

hmmm

Yoshichan

Yoshi gets pumped about everything. Sometimes it leads to good things (FFVII-PC) and sometimes it leads to crying in the corner (Diablo III). I love it.
That's not true at all... I get pumped about games that really deserves my attention, and we've only had 3-4 of those the past 2 years ._. if it feels like I'm pumping everything up, then it's just an illusion because you can see me everywhere pretty much :3

Also, neither WoW, TBC, Wrath or Cata have disappointed me. Sure, 4.3 was horrible but I still consider it to be a great expansion-pack. MoP will not disappoint.

Robin64

if it feels like I'm pumping everything up, then it's just an illusion because you can see me everywhere pretty much :3

I just hang in the same threads you do because I secretly get pumped about all the same things. I absolutely cannot wait for this patch.

And yeah, I've liked every WoW iteration thus far. Cata was only "poor" compared to the rest of WoW, it's still miles better than most MMOs out there.

Yoshichan

I just hang in the same threads you do because I secretly get pumped about all the same things.
Then let me just get a couple of games (that I'll be hyping to the ground) out of the way for you XD

SC2: HotS
RE6
Last Guardian (lol)
FF Versus XIII (x2 lol)
Bioshock: Infinite

See you in those threads ♥ !

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'm excited to see some streams and what not of the new content and I was invited to the MoP beta but I refused to ever play again. Just can't allow myself to do it. I had all my toons deleted when I swore off the game during Wrath. Feels too painful to allow myself to get sucked back in only to end up in the same place.

And unlike Yoshi, when I swear off a game I actually swear off, not just pretend and then pop up in the thread talking about it on release day and playing it again (DARK SOULS).

Last Guardian
FF Versus XIII
Hahaha.

Yoshichan

Nooooo T_T Come on, Blizzarrrrrrd

Rokam

I'm excited to see some streams and what not of the new content and I was invited to the MoP beta but I refused to ever play again. Just can't force myself to do it. And unlike Yoshi, when I swear off a game I actually swear off, not just pretend and then pop up in the thread talking about it on release day.

Hahaha.

You'll be back, they always come back. One of us... one of us..

Yoshichan

And unlike Yoshi, when I swear off a game I actually swear off, not just pretend and then pop up in the thread talking about it on release day.
Please, tell me one game besides SC2 that I've done this for. Just one game and I'll let you go.

Do it.

Yoshichan

Dark Souls.
I hyped the game, I played the game for 40 hours before I started disliking it, kept playing it and gave it additional chances, kept disliking it - and stayed in the thread to help other people who hadn't progressed as much as I did. I did never say anything that would indicate in me quitting the DkS-community because I found the game bad.

There's a difference between that, and saying the game sucks and then keep posting in the thread just to be an ass.

edit: When I quit D3 and no one needed my help anymore - I stopped posting in the thread as-well.

antonz

Ill never understand how blizzard can be so bad at patches. After all these years you would think they could get as efficient as other companies.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Ill never understand how blizzard can be so bad at patches. After all these years you would think they could get as efficient as other companies.

2 hour maintenance extension =/= bad at patches

Rokam

Servers are typically stable though once they come up. Except for the inevitable bug where some class or some boss has become unkillable for some odd reason.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I love you and your posts Yoshi, so please don't think I'm hating on you. I must have misunderstood these posts and then subsequently seeing you in the new Dark Souls thread talking about getting your gamepad to work with the PC release.
Both you and I know that I won't be playing Dark Souls :3 I've only been playing good games lately, I wouldn't want to break that streak, y'know!
That's the thing. When it comes to games, when I say "No more" I really mean that. Everyone just thinks I'm joking around when I say that because I rage-quit Starcraft 2 every month or so (but I always come back to it).

Sorry, I meant that I'm on a REALLY GOOD gaming streak lately. Dark Souls was good, but half of the game is unfinished and nothing in this world will make me replay those parts again.

Either way, I'm just surprised to see how you are kept enthralled in WoW while simultaneously being put off by D3. I was put off by D3 as well but still get excited about new WoW content, so it's just as much a paradox for me. I just am afraid of the time investment going back in being a waste to end up in the same position I was when I quit the firs time.

Entropia

No One Remembers
man its gonna be weird not having relics anymore even tho thats how it was ORIGINALLY so long long ago.....and rogues not having thrown is also weird.

eh, wait, after reading that patch note....does that mean Relics are still in except we just equip it in offhand?

hmmm

Haha, oh man.

Druids/Paladins/Shaman: WE WANT SOMETHING FOR OUR RANGE SLOTS!!

Blizzard: Okay here! <This increases your critical strike chance of some spell by 1%>

Druids/Paladins/Shaman: WTf?! We wanted stat sticks!!

. . . Years go by . . .

Druids/Paladins/Shaman/DKs: This kinda bad ass, man! Yeah! They give us cool buffs to our spells!

Blizzard Patch Note 3.4: So yeah, we're just gonna make those stat sticks

Druids/Paladin/Shaman/DKs: >:|

Yoshichan

Sorry, I meant that I'm on a REALLY GOOD gaming streak lately. Dark Souls was good, but half of the game is unfinished and nothing in this world will make me replay those parts again.
I don't really see what's wrong with this... obviously, everyone wanted to know what I felt about the game since I'd been hyping it for so long. I told everyone what I thought, but continued on helping people in the thread - with the eventual "rant" about the game (because I had to; since again, people kept asking me about my opinions). I don't really see how that's wrong ._. ...
I love you and your posts Yoshi, so please don't think I'm hating on you. I must have misunderstood this post.
No, I think I've misunderstood the whole "complaint":
And unlike Yoshi, when I swear off a game I actually swear off, not just pretend and then pop up in the thread talking about it on release day.
Because I feel that I still have never done this. I love being part of a community and help everyone out - no matter what I feel about the actual product.

edit: And yes, this is probably just getting to me head since I get to have the same discussions everyday (at least that's what it feels like).

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Just giving you grief over it cus I thought you were not wanting to play Dark Souls anymore then I saw you posting in the new Dark Souls thread about trying to get the PC version to work with your gamepad. Either way it's all pretty trivial and I didn't mean for it to be taken so seriously. Also didn't realize you have had to explain yourself so much, my bad.

Yoshichan

Oooh, about that... well, I bought it for the Durante-graphics mod. Straight up, not gonna lie about that.

edit: I'm sorry to have brought all of this up. Sorry for acting aggressive Jackben.

Top Bottom