• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Sullen

Out of all my 85's, I had the most fun playing my Demonology warlock since the update. Sadly, it is also apparent to me that they are going to nerf the shit out of it, and probably warlocks in general.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I can't figure out how to display the spell's texture as the displayed icon anymore. Super annoying.

Finally figured out how to do it.

In Activation click the squares in the Buff/Debuff Matches options, there you check 'Exact' and type the name of the spell under 'Buff/Debuff Name'.

Under Style make sure you have 'Use for Texture' checked.

I think that's all.

Any other fury Warriors on here?

DPS is still super low for me

I was doing, like, 41k on Heroic Ultra last night as opposed to 48-49k. That's just 'cause I don't really know what I'm doing right now and we also lost Deadly Calm. Something I notice as well, I think they lowered the proc chance on our Gurthalak by a ton. If they did, that's a huge chunk of our damage won this tier.

JCizzle

Finally figured out how to do it.

In Activation click the squars in the Buff/Debuff Matches options, there you check 'Exact' and type the name of the spell under 'Buff/Debuff Name'.

Under Style make sure you have 'Use for Texture' checked.

I think that's all.

Awesome, thanks a ton.

Enosh

just fyi, DBM only has mist stuff now if you updated it via the curse client, if you want cata stuff you need to go to curse and instal the DBM-cata add on

messed me up today ^^

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Any other fury Warriors on here?

DPS is still super low for me

Oh, I just saw the Fury part. keep in mind that Fury now has a completely different stat priority. You guys now only need to get 7.5% hit and crit is actually better than strength because it will keep up Enrage much longer.

Then there's the whole not having Death Wish thing.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
just fyi, DBM only has mist stuff now if you updated it via the curse client, if you want cata stuff you need to go to curse and instal the DBM-cata add on

messed me up today ^^
"Well that expansion is over, no one will want to play these dungeons anymore!"

Core Zero

PSA to anyone experiencing massive lag in combat - check your addons. Recount was causing me to have unplayable lag last night until I redownloaded it. Addons can definitely cause situational lag, regardless of graphical settings.

Cipherr

My biggest problem with WoW right now, though, is not the mechanics. I'm in a guild that doesn't let me raid. Even though the few times I main tanked their alt runs I was continuously complimented on my survivability, mitigation, and ability to play intelligently (I was main tank for #2 guild on my server in WOTLK), they just seem to be a combination of burnt-out and clique-minded people. And finding a replacement guild that will allow for me to be a bear and raid is not commonplace on my server. Or at least, I've not found one yet. :-|

Sounds like its time for you to server hunt.... ASAP before the expansion hits. If you are going to make a move, find a guild on another server prior to MoP launch and level with your new guild. Always nice to tank dungeon runs -> Heroic runs -> Raid. That way you get to know everyone and they get to know you.

ampere

God I love this patch

Mount I got on my druid, title I got on my shaman, both on my rogue :)

cb9Ja.png

Ultratech

Man, so many bugs right now.

I've read Master Looter is messed up, and that Kill Command is acting super-wonky (won't work on Ultrax and other such stuff).

It's gonna take some time getting used to some of this new stuff.

Also, commas are annoying.

Druids need a nerf.

It took me a second to figure out what was going on before I saw what the deal was. I nearly busted out laughing.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
NO! Needs MORE COMMAS! In fact, I bet it'll become a raid requirement... how many commas can you output during an encounter? It's the new gear score!
I laughed so much

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Is the cross server zone thing fully implemented yet? All the low level zones on Illidan are still dead.

You'll see a lot of the newer West Coast zones and battlegroups getting this feature first, I think.

Chris R

PSA to anyone experiencing massive lag in combat - check your addons. Recount was causing me to have unplayable lag last night until I redownloaded it. Addons can definitely cause situational lag, regardless of graphical settings.

I'll have to try this. Recount is one of the few addons I actually use.

My Bear had a giant Dodge nerf in the form of 17%! It made Heroic Yor'Sahj a nightmare to do last night. Yor'Sahj was made even more difficult, on account of Frenzied Regeneration being glyphed and, therefore, requiring the aid of healz (which was not possible, due to the purple ooze).

After an all night binge on Heroics and Dragon Soul, I am becoming more comfortable with the bear rotation. I've started just focusing on the basics: Mangle, Lacerate, Thrash, Savage Defense and have slowly been keeping in mind to toss in a Feral Faerie Fire whenever I'm waiting on any of the offensive attacks.

It's really hard ignoring Maul. It was such an excellent rage dump, even though all of our defensive rage dumps seem to be filling in that role.

My biggest problem with WoW right now, though, is not the mechanics. I'm in a guild that doesn't let me raid. Even though the few times I main tanked their alt runs I was continuously complimented on my survivability, mitigation, and ability to play intelligently (I was main tank for #2 guild on my server in WOTLK), they just seem to be a combination of burnt-out and clique-minded people. And finding a replacement guild that will allow for me to be a bear and raid is not commonplace on my server. Or at least, I've not found one yet. :-|

Well losing dodge shoudnt worry you about yorsahj being that yorsahj mostly does shadow damage. Get a mirror.glyph survival instincts and alternate alll ur cooldowns during each phase as stacks get high

My only beef is our stam nerf. I knos everyones stam got nerfed but it feels like bears got nerfed more. Our dodge got nerfed but savage defense makes up for it. Im happy with all the new cooldowns and glyphed savage defense is the shit.

Im a main tank druid for my guild. But i also madr guild. Partly due to frustration of finding the right guild and most guilds ignorance when it comes to classes. Most guilds just wanna run dk as main tank and be g2g.

Anyways. Do as others have suggested....find a guild u can level with and are open minded.

does anybody here use Spartan UI? I'm having some trouble with the maxres command. Anybody else use this? I hate wow's UI. If I can't get Spartan to work how i need it to, does anybody else have any suggestions for UIs?

Number45

does anybody here use Spartan UI? I'm having some trouble with the maxres command. Anybody else use this? I hate wow's UI. If I can't get Spartan to work how i need it to, does anybody else have any suggestions for UIs?
Check out TukUI, or one of the edits. I use TukUI itself because it's nice and clean (I just add in a few extra bits as necessary) - Elv UI (one of the edits) is more busy but more feature packed.

Check out TukUI, or one of the edits. I use TukUI itself because it's nice and clean (I just add in a few extra bits as necessary) - Elv UI (one of the edits) is more busy but more feature packed.

I'll check it out. Does it use bartender as it's backbone? SpartanUI is pretty clean, and does EVERYTHING I want. The problem is for some reason on new characters, I can't use the maxres option. The basic UI is too big for my tastes. Even if I use UI scaling, it's too big.

Number45

I'll check it out. Does it use bartender as it's backbone? SpartanUI is pretty clean, and does EVERYTHING I want. The problem is for some reason on new characters, I can't use the maxres option. The basic UI is too big for my tastes. Even if I use UI scaling, it's too big.
It's a completely self contained package, much like I believe Spartan is. If you like it clean and minimal it might well be perfect, the question would be whether it has everything you need.

It also skins popular third party addons like Recount/Skada etc.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why's that?

Damage is too low so you can't take out Capernian out before she basically stun locks you with Conflagrate, which apparently now hits through AMS. You can position them such that you can get them down, but Kael'thas can now target your bloodworms during the disorient and instantly despawns - theoretically he should have been able to do this anyways, but I never had it happen in 4.3.

Sophia

Firm believer in ElvUI. It's easily one of the best UI packages made for WoW, and I've been using it for half the expansion.

It's a completely self contained package, much like I believe Spartan is. If you like it clean and minimal it might well be perfect, the question would be whether it has everything you need.

It also skins popular third party addons like Recount/Skada etc.

Alright, I'll have to check it out.

Question, the font looks like some star trek shit. lol Can I change it?

I actually don't run too many addons as is. I mainly use carbonite for questing, omen, recount, etc. The big thing I liked with spartan ui is I could get bartender to make my icons completely red if the person was out of attack range. Is that possible with TUK?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Damage is too low so you can't take out Capernian out before she basically stun locks you with Conflagrate, which apparently now hits through AMS. You can position them such that you can get them down, but Kael'thas can now target your bloodworms during the disorient and instantly despawns - theoretically he should have been able to do this anyways, but I never had it happen in 4.3.

Group with someone until 90. Just a few weeks. But I don't know about the bloodworm despawning.

Sophia

Alright, I'll have to check it out.

Question, the font looks like some star trek shit. lol Can I change it?

I actually don't run too many addons as is. I mainly use carbonite for questing, omen, recount, etc. The big thing I liked with spartan ui is I could get bartender to make my icons completely red if the person was out of attack range. Is that possible with TUK?

You can change the fonts in ElvUI, I'm sure you can change them in TukUI as well.

Ascendance, especially as Elemental, looks super fun. May have to main my Shaman. I like Ele, haven't done Enhance in forever though I'm capable, and Resto I'm pretty good at (have raided casually with it).

I guess I'll just pick depending on who I move to what server first and what see what I like after leveling. I am going to lose at least some initial economic power though as I know I won't be able to move all the characters I'd want with me at once.

Also kinda tough choice between Turalyon which has GAF people and decently high pop, with a fairly balanced H:A ratio, and a pretty high realm ranking, or Mal'Ganis at super high pop, Horde dominated, and higher realm ranking (also with lots of GAF.)

And anyone know the time window you get before you have to use up your Scroll of Res realm transfer? Cause I'm trying to figure out what exactly to do, since if I transfer early, I lose out on any shots at realm firsts (which I'm probably unlikely to get anyway, but hey, you never know), rather than just waiting a week or so after launch. It's not like I was going to be in any realm-first raid kills - the only chances I would have would be leveling or professions (which is quite possible with my wealth.)

Nugg

I got a huge DPS boost as a shadow priest reforging everything to crit. I know it's not supposed to be balanced for level 85, but it still feels good =)

Rokam

Yes.

Also have they changed something with pets? My ghoul was picking up aggro (and so were others pets, lot of name calling going on) in LFR even if I just had auto attack enabled on it, no specials... it was dying a lot as a consequence.

Hunter pet's growl now taunts instead of building up aggro. I'm not sure on DK's, but I saw them pull aggro as well last night.

Angry Grimace

Hunter pet's growl now taunts instead of building up aggro. I'm not sure on DK's, but I saw them pull aggro as well last night.

My ghoul died to melee on Ultraxion like 5 times even though Ghouls do not have a taunt.

Group with someone until 90. Just a few weeks. But I don't know about the bloodworm despawning.
It's harder to do with 2 rather than one because DKs can't equip the infinity blade. I'm going to try it with Frost using Death Siphon and/or my Ret Paladin (given that Flash of Light is healing me for 50K crits for free every 12 seconds) My wild guess is that the Bloodworms weren't valid targets for Kaelthas in 4.3, but they are now.

Angry Grimace

Yeah saw the same on Spine. I read warlock pets are having the same problem.

We're going to see some bug fixes soon enough. I'm doubtful, but its possible we'll see some temporary nerfs to offhealing too. With Selfless Healer and a crit, I can pull off 100K FoL crits on my Retribution Paladin. For Free.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

Breaking into raiding at the end of an expansion is tough since amount of raid groups will usually dry up. In my guild's alliance we went from 6 to 2 over the course of DS. Breaking into raiding as a tank at the end of an expansion is damn near impossible. If you like the guild hang in there, as its a lot easier to break into raiding as a tank early in an expansion. Tanking is just a rough spot to grab at any other time since so few tanks are needed to raid.

What are you referring to, when you say "glyphed savage defense?" I can only think you mean "Survival Instincts," as reducing the CD to 60 seconds gives it more oomph, even if it then only lasts 6 seconds.

I meant glyphed survival instincts. Anything that lowers defensive cooldowns is awesome.

Top Bottom