• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Loto

Just LFR... god damn we smoked deathwing. The big tendrils were dead before he cast bolt. Also a healer got the dps caster dagger in their bag, and a hunter got a 2nd bow. Owned big time.

Is something up with LFR loot. Just killed morchok and all I got was bounty of sundered land. Inside that was 25 gold. Also i swear morchok was stomping like normal

Sophia

Is something up with LFR loot. Just killed morchok and all I got was bounty of sundered land. Inside that was 25 gold. Also i swear morchok was stomping like normal

They're using the new LFR loot rules now; Everyone has a shot at a piece of loot, most people will get the bag with 25 gold. You only get pieces you can use.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The big problem I'm having in The Eye is that you hit significantly less hard so it takes too long to get him down, and you have 100% uptime on bloodworms which results in virtual certainty that he will despawn. I might try it in Frost with Death Siphon later on, but otherwise it's gong to mean I have to wait till Pandaland to resume trying.

Sophia

I thought they said main cities wouldn't be cross realm.

That's what they said, but virtually every zone except Stormwind is cross realm on Cenarion Circle. Ironforge and Darnassus included.

Here's someone from Sisters of Elune in the Tram. Here's a player mounted in Ironforge.

I'm guessing this is an old feature that I missed during my time away but...since when can I ride around Warsong on a Druid's back?!? Lmao, this is great.

That's brand new today yo~!

Fjordson

I'm guessing this is an old feature that I missed during my time away but...since when can I ride around Warsong on a Druid's back?!? Lmao, this is great.

Magnus

DirectX 11 now runs like shit for me in WoW. Switched back to DX9 and everything's butter again.

A lot of shit's broken despite being an updated 5.0 addon. WTB addons similar in functionality to XPerl (unitframes) and Clique (click/button spell keybinding) that actually work! :)

Cipherr

Sweet Jesus. They nerfed Explosive shot to dust, serpent sting hits harder than it. So Survival actually lost a load of dps in comparison to pre-patch even after you reforge and gear for the new expertise cap. Then BM is supposedly going to be our new high dps spec, but Kill Command flat out doesn't work on a lot of DS bosses. Some sort of bug that made it over from beta where is just doesn't work, which kills that whole spec. And MM dps was gutted also. Not to mention talents like Spirit Bond are broken, if your pet gets to far from you, Spirit Bond flat out croaks and stops working.

Every other class has this plethora of cool shit and fun toys to play with. And if they dont, they at least are seeing performance increases in their roles. I feel like an idiot playing this class right now. I have an 85 priest rogue pally warlock and mage though. Im sure they are going to address those Hunter issues. But with the cross character achievements and whatnot, I feel little reason to play a battered class as a main right now while they work on fixing those issues in 5.1.

Time to playtest all my other 85's and see whats actually fun. Fuck this.

Measley

are ret paladins still ass in this game?

No. Paladins in general are strong as hell in MoP. Retribution is actually pretty damn fun to play, and does craploads of damage.

Allows you to use Moonkin form without being a fat owlbeast. Instead you're just a ghost.

Yeah, a ghost with stars above your head that shoot down over your character's body. It's freakin' awesome.

Also most Druids hate that fucking fat chicken thing. I'm one of them.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
:(

I should have a look and see if things are more or less doable now on a shadow priest.

At 90, you'll be able to easily do it in Frost and probably with a number of other classes, the problem is that Kael instantly uses his mind control now, making it very difficult to solo.

Sophia

No. Paladins in general are strong as hell in MoP. Retribution is actually pretty damn fun to play, and does craploads of damage.

Just tried my Paladin. Holy crap that rotation is so awesome... I'm tempted to main it now instead of my Druid because I got achievs/titles/mounts.

Ultratech

A bit miffed about Druid Bear changes. I like how you get more AoE moves early on, but it sucked losing some other abilities (or learning that you learn them WAY later on).

Tanked some 35-40 stuff though, and everyone did alright, so changes weren't too bad.

Weird, Mining Pick now gives +10 Mining.

Yeah, and a Skinning Knife gives +10 Skinning now. Pretty neat.

DirectX 11 now runs like shit for me in WoW. Switched back to DX9 and everything's butter again.

A lot of shit's broken despite being an updated 5.0 addon. WTB addons similar in functionality to XPerl (unitframes) and Clique (click/button spell keybinding) that actually work! :)

Not too happy about losing Xperl Unit Frames...

On top of that, the default UI keeps changing my Unit Frames everytime I warp or Hearth. Super annoying since I have to reset it every time.

Magnus

At 90, you'll be able to easily do it in Frost and probably with a number of other classes, the problem is that Kael instantly uses his mind control now, making it very difficult to solo.

So the change in 5.0 now is that he instantly uses his MC? Hmm. I thought the whole advantage to soloing was that he wouldn't MC if he only had one target...

Dresden

Biggest change for Ret paladins in MOP is that they're not throttled by the lack of Holy Power generators ala Cata retadins, and that all paladins can now store up to 5 HP at once. I'm really tempted to pick up my paladin again, because the way they handle now feels really good, no more praying to the RNG gods for good procs. Same goes for fire mages too, I suppose.

I'm tempted to level a moonkin, though. The warchicken form was the big barrier for me and they feel like the more mobile version of shadow priests.

sazzy

Anyone getting massive fps drops every 5-10 seconds?

I've tried switching from dx11->dx9 and back and doesn't help.

Might have to roll back the beta nvidia drivers...

Alchemy

Spent the last two hours checking out talents, skills and glyphs on my characters. Pretty much all of them felt "meh" except Warlocks. I was struggling to pick something cool for talents and glyphs for the most part, but when I switched over to Demonology on my Warlock shit blew my mind.

Angry Grimace

So the change in 5.0 now is that he instantly uses his MC? Hmm. I thought the whole advantage to soloing was that he wouldn't MC if he only had one target...

No, he just MC'd whenever my bloodworms popped, and their spawn rate seems higher.

Loving my Druid Bear. Hits like a truck and now I seem to have more interrupts than I can keep track of. All of my minor glyphs are a lot of fun.

It took me over 2 hours to glyph, spec, and redo all of my action bars. I still have cat form to go and 3 other characters, but it should go faster from here on out.

Anyone getting massive fps drops every 5-10 seconds?

I've tried switching from dx11->dx9 and back and doesn't help.

Might have to roll back the beta nvidia drivers...

That happened to me when my video card was overheating.

12 seconds of 60 fps, 12 seconds of 10 or so.

Hated it. =P

Tarazet

Allows you to use Moonkin form without being a fat owlbeast. Instead you're just a ghost.

I think I paid 250g for it as soon as the servers went live. Worth every penny. And it's a fairly subtle effect.. you are just slightly transparent as opposed to the Shadow Priest which looks like a silhouette, and you drip liquid star tears down onto the ground.

I actually spent most of my night tanking heroics on my Druid. I had never tanked on that character before, but I figured it was worth revisiting since they finally gave the bear its own spec. And imagine my surprise when I found out that all of the game's AoE taunts are gone. Holy shit! I was Swiping on cooldown like my life depended on it.

Dresden said:
I'm tempted to level a moonkin, though. The warchicken form was the big barrier for me and they feel like the more mobile version of shadow priests.

I haven't played a Priest, but I wouldn't call a Balance Druid mobile, exactly. Or at least, you can't keep up optimal damage while moving unless you get the timing exactly right and move while you're refreshing your DoTs or using Starfall.

Sweet Jesus. They nerfed Explosive shot to dust, serpent sting hits harder than it. So Survival actually lost a load of dps in comparison to pre-patch even after you reforge and gear for the new expertise cap. Then BM is supposedly going to be our new high dps spec, but Kill Command flat out doesn't work on a lot of DS bosses. Some sort of bug that made it over from beta where is just doesn't work, which kills that whole spec. And MM dps was gutted also. Not to mention talents like Spirit Bond are broken, if your pet gets to far from you, Spirit Bond flat out croaks and stops working.

Every other class has this plethora of cool shit and fun toys to play with. And if they dont, they at least are seeing performance increases in their roles. I feel like an idiot playing this class right now. I have an 85 priest rogue pally warlock and mage though. Im sure they are going to address those Hunter issues. But with the cross character achievements and whatnot, I feel little reason to play a battered class as a main right now while they work on fixing those issues in 5.1.

Time to playtest all my other 85's and see whats actually fun. Fuck this.

I was noticing this tonight when trying to fine tune my UI layout. My DPS was horrible. We'll see how fast it gets fixed. For now, it isn't a big deal as I spent most of my evening helping out other people in the guild understand what just happened. *chuckles*

VandalD

So much warlock love in this patch. Much more fun, much less hassle to play. Comparing demonology between before and now feels like a huge difference. If there are any locks out there that haven't tried the Glyph of Dark Hunting, I recommend it. I can see warlocks leveling up like absolute beasts in Dark Apotheosis. Now is probably a good time to get on that.

On the other hand, I felt rather let down by most of the other class talent choices. I don't know, maybe I'm just that into Warlocks
and anticipating them not sucking so hard
, but they feel like they have cool talents AND cool glyph choices for the most part. I feel shaman got pretty gypped, and I love shaman. Druids not so much, but they didn't get as much love as warlocks.

sazzy

I think I paid 250g for it as soon as the servers went live. Worth every penny. And it's a fairly subtle effect.. you are just slightly transparent as opposed to the Shadow Priest which looks like a silhouette, and you drip liquid star tears down onto the ground.

I actually spent most of my night tanking heroics on my Druid. I had never tanked on that character before, but I figured it was worth revisiting since they finally gave the bear its own spec. And imagine my surprise when I found out that all of the game's AoE taunts are gone. Holy shit! I was Swiping on cooldown like my life depended on it.

I haven't played a Priest, but I wouldn't call a Balance Druid mobile, exactly. Or at least, you can't keep up optimal damage while moving unless you get the timing exactly right and move while you're refreshing your DoTs or using Starfall.

??

Why did you have to pay. for the druid ghost glyph?

I already had it in my spellbook in the glyph tab.

Figured everyone did..

Dresden

??

Why did you have to pay. for the druid ghost glyph?

I already had it in my spellbook in the glyph tab.

Figured everyone did..

it was the Glyph of Typhoon yesterday--patch switched it to Stars. Coincidentally price jumped up from about 20g per to 500g+. XD

e: my enh shaman's Healing Storm'd healing surges hit for 100k+ if it crits and procs Echo as well. Wowzers.

mileS

Healing is out of control right now. I hope its this way because its balanced for 90 and not now.

Its certainly making BG's extremely painful

Chris R

Lag in battle is driving me crazy. Start a fight and then when my game is active again auto attack has killed the mob... Wonder if this is just an OSX issue...

Acidote

Elemental shaman impressions a friend just sent me:

aw2eQ.jpg

I'm terrified to come back home and try it now :-(

Fjordson

Healing is out of control right now. I hope its this way because its balanced for 90 and not now.

Its certainly making BG's extremely painful
Yeah, it's crazy. On my 44 disc priest I simply can't be taken down. Feels like better mana regen or something. I just never seem to get below like 80% mana.

Plus the speed burst after I shield myself, and the little demon thing that fears everyone constantly for 10 seconds :lol crazy.

I'm like everything so far. Especially the accout-wide stuff. Though I do wish I could remove the commas from mana and HP bars.

scoobs

Love the new changes, game feels fresh again which is fun. I'm still trying to figure out the dual wield frost rotation though.. seems weird!

Also, SSAO is a great addition to make the game seem a little less out-of-date graphically.

Enosh

bah says waiting till 15:00 paris time, so 16:00 here -.-
well updated the game and all my addons (not much to do), so my body is ready
edit: hmm paris is under gmt+1? well 15:00 then

scoobs

Pleasantly surprised blizzard has already handed out the special edition mount and companion. Mount is alot cooler than I originally thought.

Enosh

This normal folks? My 'reconfiguring game files' is still at 0% its been like hour an a half :/ any ideas?
for some people yeah it takes long
iirc some people said it helped to run it in administrator mode

some EU realms are up they say

Top Bottom