• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Number45

Firm believer in ElvUI. It's easily one of the best UI packages made for WoW, and I've been using it for half the expansion.
I have a friend, that I originally introduced to TukUI, that discovered ElvUI and he can't use anything else now. I keep trying to love it, because it has almost everything built in, but I always come back to TukUI to reclaim the space. Maybe now is as good an excuse as any to try it out again. :)

Alright, I'll have to check it out.

Question, the font looks like some star trek shit. lol Can I change it?

I actually don't run too many addons as is. I mainly use carbonite for questing, omen, recount, etc. The big thing I liked with spartan ui is I could get bartender to make my icons completely red if the person was out of attack range. Is that possible with TUK?
The options are quite extensive, but don't be surprised if you have to dig into the LUA (or check the forums) for some things. :(

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Does Blizzard have some guy out there who's in love with the stock UI? Because it's awful.

Ultratech

It's harder to do with 2 rather than one because DKs can't equip the infinity blade. I'm going to try it with Frost using Death Siphon and/or my Ret Paladin (given that Flash of Light is healing me for 50K crits for free every 12 seconds) My wild guess is that the Bloodworms weren't valid targets for Kaelthas in 4.3, but they are now.

That could be the case now. I remember hearing that Bloodworms could pass as possible targets before, making a Blood DK susceptible to MC if you had the talent and were unlucky. Perhaps they didn't count as valid targets after all...but I have no idea for sure.

We're going to see some bug fixes soon enough. I'm doubtful, but its possible we'll see some temporary nerfs to offhealing too. With Selfless Healer and a crit, I can pull off 100K FoL crits on my Retribution Paladin. For Free.

I hope so, sounds like things are in disarray right now.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Part of the pet death issue I realized last night is that, even if you take the new threatening presence off autocast, the presence itself still actually remains active on the pet until you turn it off by activating the ability again. I'm sure other people figured that out sooner than me, but for a dungeon run or two I was conufsed about why my new Wrathguard was dying despite the fact that I turned the autocast off. It's kind of weird to have a semi-permanent stance-type ability on autocast. Seems kind of redundant.

Sophia

Blowing the minds of young kids, one Druid ride at a time.

I have a friend, that I originally introduced to TukUI, that discovered ElvUI and he can't use anything else now. I keep trying to love it, because it has almost everything built in, but I always come back to TukUI to reclaim the space. Maybe now is as good an excuse as any to try it out again. :)

It's pretty customizable now. I prefer it to Tuk simply because it's easier to set up if anything DOES go wrong, and the defaults are pretty close to how I like it. I used to use Tuk back in Wrath tho...

IsayFever

vKOTe.jpg

Thankfully Turalyon's Orgrimmar isn't so congested today

I dislike all-in-one UI packages. They aren't flexible enough. They do too many things, but not enough of them as well as standalone addons, and if you have anything else, it mucks it all up without having to do far too much tweaking in the settings turning stuff off. That and the skins for them are typically not very attractive.

Irnbru

Thankfully Turalyon's Orgrimmar isn't so congested today

Heh, just discovered it was in my inventory. Im just happy I have my amani war bear :3 Also got to heroic spine last night. Fights went so much faster, but dat new mana pool is making my brain hurt on mah priest.

Rokam

I wonder if I can get panda rep if I get exalted with all the main cities then start going for loremaster on my DK. Since Wrath Heroics give you full rep it should only take a few days of doing all of them to get exalted with the main cities. And then the quests will give Horde Reputation...hmm.

lexi

Banned
So I resubbed to check out this patch and holy shit at all the changes to everything. My Druid is a clusterfuck right now, that's like a day to re-bind everything. Anyway that's too hard basket right now.

Logged on my Mage and I'm loving these talents. The whole system I prefer to those old trees. Having ice barrier as a fire Mage is win.

Speaking of fire mages, the new play style is absolutely insane! It's the old one on steroids. It's so frigging quick and exciting with procs proccing off procs and all sorts of crazy shit, I love it!

Measley

That's why I want to stay a Shaman but... yeah, think I might move on to a Monk :eek:

Ditto.

Ascendance is an amazing cooldown, but after playing a Brewmaster on beta, I'm in love.

Oh, and to my druid friends;

Stop with the suicide jumps with me on your back. It's not cool.

So I resubbed to check out this patch and holy shit at all the changes to everything. My Druid is a clusterfuck right now, that's like a day to re-bind everything. Anyway that's too hard basket right now.

Logged on my Mage and I'm loving these talents. The whole system I prefer to those old trees. Having ice barrier as a fire Mage is win.

Speaking of fire mages, the new play style is absolutely insane! It's the old one on steroids. It's so frigging quick and exciting with procs proccing off procs and all sorts of crazy shit, I love it!

I was thinking about coming back to the game myself, I'd likely start another Mage. How well are you fairing in PvP as fire? Also, does anyone here play an affliction Warlock? That's what I played for most of Cataclysm and am wondering how they're doing post 5.0.4.

Their plan with PVP Resilience and PVP Power may have backfired horribly. It's harder than ever to PvP now without gear.

*at the moment.

It should balance out where it's intended to - at 90. The current clusterfuck is going to be due to pre-expansion growing pains. Besides, it's not like PvP right now is worth anything (besides giggles). Arena and Rated BG seasons are over, so the most you can do is cap your honor to get a (relatively minor) head start for Mists.

Sophia

I'm going to remember that post, just in case my Resto Druid is still a God among lowly men at level 90. =P

I've heard those claims before, and they've been wrong more often than not in regards to Blizzard. They've never gotten PvP balance even remotely right once, so I don't expect them to now.

I must admit it's nice not having to worry about PvP exclusive talents anymore. I can simply carry the reagent to switch whenever I feel like it.

I'm not saying it definitely will be balanced at 90, but there's no way it's going to be balanced now. Just no way. It was the same with the 4.0 pre-Cata changes, and everything was out of whack.

Rokam

For those that haven't noticed the AH is a little messed up. Doesn't always show the lowest prices first, sometimes they'll be in the middle. No matter how I tried to sort it didn't matter.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That could be the case now. I remember hearing that Bloodworms could pass as possible targets before, making a Blood DK susceptible to MC if you had the talent and were unlucky. Perhaps they didn't count as valid targets after all...but I have no idea for sure.

I hope so, sounds like things are in disarray right now.

I had 14 kills of Kael, all in Blood spec and I had never seen a despawn happen, even when using Gurthalak.

Berordn

I have ALWAYS wanted a druid main. But I worry about not being able to play effectively after having been gone for a year. =P

Now that bearcatting is dead, there's not so much hybridization to worry about and learning one specific role will typically be good enough. But thanks to talents and the tweaks to a few spells that trigger shapeshifting, the option is still there if you want to delve into that.

It's a great time to be a druid.

Berordn

Okay, so this is what I'm pretty sure is happening:

New druid glyph that turns you into a mountable stag, right? So they all turn into that, and mount each other in ascending order. Bam, tower of druids.

Mounting a druid cancels shapeshifting and you're not allowed to shapeshift while mounted.

Berordn

As a Werewolf, can you stay in Wolf form all the time? Do you ever HAVE to revert back to human form?

I love the werewolf models, can't stand human models..

You only ever have to be a human for a short time in the starting zone. After that you get the Two Forms racial which you don't even need to put on your bars. Entering combat knocks you into Worgen form regardless.

Irnbru

HOLY SHIT. Dat shadow priest damage :3
I was only breaking 30-35k in my off spec set in heroics, with luck! Now Im pushing 42k+ :D :D :D :D

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
However, they're pretty much all legitimate choices now rather than 75% filler stuff that everyone ends up choosing anyways.

yeah, pretty much.

just the way they designed the game its gotten to this point. it should have been like this in Cataclysm.

but at this point they cant really do much more without revamping the whole game. i actually like that they just give you what they want you to have since they basically forced you to take those talents anyway.

JCizzle

HOLY SHIT. Dat shadow priest damage :3
I was only breaking 30-35k in my off spec set in heroics, with luck! Now Im pushing 42k+ :D :D :D :D
The last patch before an expansion = the best patch. I love the OP ridiculous buffs that happen for a month before you lose all those secondary stats :)

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Got the Legendary off Ragnaros in MC tonight. Now time to blow a ton of money making a shitty hammer.

Is there a way to safely get someone to craft it without handing over all the mats in trade first?

Tarazet

So we figured out that instead of reforging all of my bear's gear to Dodge, it's much more effective to reforge to Mastery now. Pre-5.0.4, all it did was increase the amount of damage that Savage Defense absorbed. Now, it is a percentage armor increase, which makes it essential.

If this holds up, I can see tanking and catting it up in the same gear being much easier than it ever was before.

Also, Agility doesn't give you Dodge any longer (they already nerfed it so it doesn't give you extra armor).

Measley

Shaman talents are fucking boring.

I really wish Blizzard would revamp them. ESPECIALLY the third tier. Totemic Restoration is useless next to Call of Elements. However Call of Elements is pointless because the totems it effects only have minute-long CDs anyway. Also Totemic Projection is pretty stupid as a talent, and needs to be baseline. It's like making Trap Launcher a talent.

Top Bottom