• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

robertoci

Could anyone help? The reconfiguration phase of the MOP installer has finished but I have to download a 7.49gb patch anyone else have this problem?

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Ret seems a lot more fast faced. Holy Power builds up so quick.
Healing is insane. I went Holy in full ret gear and didn't have much trouble with mana in a BG. A druid and myself just kept healing each other for a very long time while half the horde team was beating on us and they couldn't kill us.

New LFR loot system is super boring
New spellbook is confusing. Seems very disorganized. Talent trees are super gutted.

Removal of "Have Group, will Travel!" sucks. I had tons of people drop my quick BWL xmog run because they weren't attuned, didn't know where the instance was or didn't want to fly out allllllll the way from SW. Eventually I found someone to run it with though.

All the cross character stuff is nice. I like how HKs tally up between all characters.

Garr didn't drop my binding. Fuck him.

Westlo

Threw up 342 glyphs (about 73k worth if all sold) on the AH an hour ago, sold 11 so far, a noticeable improvement of the 5-6 I do a day... and that's with about 5 relists... (my server.. is competitive to say the least) these 340 odd i threw on the AH for 48 hours, not gonna play the repost game with broken mods. Illusion and Marked for Death have been my only double sales so far.

TheContact

One more to go. I have a couple 85s on other servers. I could transfer/faction change an 85 warlock over but I don't mind leveling another one. Going to level a monk for my last open slot when mop comes out.

Wo_WScrn_Shot_082912_075258.jpg

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So i guess that if you are missing glyphs, there is no way to easily make new ones since it requires the new MoP inks to trade for the others? This sucks, i wish i knew about this, i would have made a bunch of low lvl inks with Cata herbs when i was able to. Now i gotta go farm in low lvl zones. Yay. :(

aesop

Really digging this patch. My shadow priest isn't as bad off as I had originally thought it would be. It's a bit difficult getting used to all the procs and how DP works now, but I'm liking the way it plays. The only spell that really got nerfed was mind sear, and it's pretty terrible right now (devs said they wanted us multi-dotting instead of MSear spamming).

As far as my mage... frost is now awesome. Love it and will definitely be spending a lot more time with my mage in MoP.

idlewild_

One more to go. I have a couple 85s on other servers. I could transfer/faction change an 85 warlock over but I don't mind leveling another one. Going to level a monk for my last open slot when mop comes out.

I'm at 9 too! Just that darn druid sitting at 82 left...I just cba to go through the cata zones again :(

edit: ah, saw that you have 85s on other servers. i have a couple 80-82s sitting around, I just can't make myself trudge through the cata zones again, maybe now that the exp is nerfed I'll get around to completing one of each class at 85

neoemonk

Been out of the loop for a while. Hopped on my level 59 Death Knight and farmed herbs for a while. Now I want to sell them.

Is Auctioneer still the best AH mod? I've never been good at pricing so I always let that handle it for me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So much new stuff for my Rdruid... had to completely rehaul my hotkeys.

Enosh

damn blood dk feel amazing to play
the 1s GCD change is amazing

not all that happy about 1 min outbreak, every second pack don't use any diseases at all

Either blizz nerfed DS. Or dps overall got insanely buffed because we blew thru DS in record time on every boss. Even on Ultrax we had 3 people die to fading light because they didnt update thier dbm and we still downed it. ( not talking about lfr )

Oxn

Dammit, i quit for over 6months now, and this is making me wanna try it out again.

I have 3 Geared toons.

Warlock
Pally
DK

and a geared lvl 80 Druid.

I dunno what to do.

sazzy

Why are people hating on this patch over on the b.net forum?

I thought everyone liked it?

The only part I don't like is the new spellbook, and you only have to dig through it once...

Bisnic

Why are people hating on this patch over on the b.net forum?

I thought everyone liked it?

The only part I don't like is the new spellbook, and you only have to dig through it once...

Because lazy people don't like change. And lazy people are all over the place.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Either blizz nerfed DS. Or dps overall got insanely buffed because we blew thru DS in record time on every boss. Even on Ultrax we had 3 people die to fading light because they didnt update thier dbm and we still downed it. ( not talking about lfr )

Yeah, Blizzard put the 35% nerf in this week. And with the new talents and such it's expected that there be a bit of a damage increase.

TheContact

Dammit, i quit for over 6months now, and this is making me wanna try it out again.

I have 3 Geared toons.

Warlock
Pally
DK

and a geared lvl 80 Druid.

I dunno what to do.

I could send you a scroll of resurrection so you could at least try it out, see if you like it again.

edit: crap sorry for double post

Entropia

No One Remembers
He's saying it's broken and sucks. Not broken in a pre-expansion patch way, broken in a "they don't know what the fuck they're doing with it" way.

I'll make my own opinion in a few hours when I get home.

Ah, okay.

...nothing really changed with them though aside from the totem re-do.

:\

Hixx

So what do we need to do in order to get the account wide achievements/mounts etc... just login to every character?

Yes.

Also have they changed something with pets? My ghoul was picking up aggro (and so were others pets, lot of name calling going on) in LFR even if I just had auto attack enabled on it, no specials... it was dying a lot as a consequence.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
So what do we need to do in order to get the account wide achievements/mounts etc... just login to every character?

Yup, just log on a character once and all the achievs/mounts/pets he has get flagged across your account.

I have 9 sinister squashlings.

sazzy

So after trying out the new talents/glyphs/etc, what is everyone planning on doing for the remainder of the time up to the expansion launch?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Figuring out how to use Power Auras.

PowerAuras is busted. Use Weak Auras.

Also, I plan to... level RAF alts for a lil bit.

And yes, I meant doing DS with your own raid group, not through LFR.

By the by: Are any horde people here doing FL this week that has siphons up for grabs? My usual raid for that isn't here this week and I'd love to get them in. I'm at 135/250 siphons, have 7/7H experience.

Bisnic

So after trying out the new talents/glyphs/etc, what is everyone planning on doing for the remainder of the time up to the expansion launch?

I bet PVP players are going to try and see if ganking in low lvl zones is worth it now with cross realm zones.

Entropia

No One Remembers
What is that?

It's an addon that you can configure pretty intensely to give you various popups on your screen under certain conditions.

Blizzard implemented their own version of it when Cata came out.

But basically, let's say you're a rogue. The only way you can see your combo points on your target is by looking at the target frame.

Power Aura let's you set something up so you can see indicators on your screen so you can see how many you have.

You can also set it up to give you a better indicator of buff up-times, etc.

An example of how you might use it:

http://i.imgur.com/inoYw.jpg

So this shows you how many combo points you have up, and the up time remaining on your slice and dice.

It's VERY useful if your class is reliant on watching buffs that you have.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
PowerAuras is busted. Use Weak Auras.

I think it's supposed to work, he just changed the whole UI and where all the options are. I think he also renamed a bunch of stuff.

Spent the last 40 minutes trying to get something show up and I've no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
perma tree-form

oh, how I've missed you

Loving my Druid Bear. Hits like a truck and now I seem to have more interrupts than I can keep track of. All of my minor glyphs are a lot of fun.
My Bear had a giant Dodge nerf in the form of 17%! It made Heroic Yor'Sahj a nightmare to do last night. Yor'Sahj was made even more difficult, on account of Frenzied Regeneration being glyphed and, therefore, requiring the aid of healz (which was not possible, due to the purple ooze).

After an all night binge on Heroics and Dragon Soul, I am becoming more comfortable with the bear rotation. I've started just focusing on the basics: Mangle, Lacerate, Thrash, Savage Defense and have slowly been keeping in mind to toss in a Feral Faerie Fire whenever I'm waiting on any of the offensive attacks.

It's really hard ignoring Maul. It was such an excellent rage dump, even though all of our defensive rage dumps seem to be filling in that role.

My biggest problem with WoW right now, though, is not the mechanics. I'm in a guild that doesn't let me raid. Even though the few times I main tanked their alt runs I was continuously complimented on my survivability, mitigation, and ability to play intelligently (I was main tank for #2 guild on my server in WOTLK), they just seem to be a combination of burnt-out and clique-minded people. And finding a replacement guild that will allow for me to be a bear and raid is not commonplace on my server. Or at least, I've not found one yet. :-|

JCizzle

I think it's supposed to work, he just changed the whole UI and where all the options are. I think he also renamed a bunch of stuff.

Spent the last 40 minutes trying to get something show up and I've no idea what I'm doing wrong.

I can't figure out how to display the spell's texture as the displayed icon anymore. Super annoying.

Top Bottom