• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Dresden

I like the new system, but the way you can easily swap in and out of individual talents feels a bit too much like D3's system for me to feel comfortable... I wish it still required a trip to the trainer.

kurohana

Finally got Ashes of A'lar after running it on 3 characters every week. Didn't really take too long. Looks so awesome too of course.

Westlo

For those that haven't noticed the AH is a little messed up. Doesn't always show the lowest prices first, sometimes they'll be in the middle. No matter how I tried to sort it didn't matter.

Oh I noticed all right... half my glyph sales have been from putting up 10 of a glyph and making it the most expensive...

IsayFever

This issue with Swiftmend is driving me nuts.

Oh well, finally got new guild up and under control. <Wafflehouse> on Turalyon-US Horde if anybody is looking for a new place to hang out. Or just add my battletag - opiate#1171

Cipherr

I like the new system, but the way you can easily swap in and out of individual talents feels a bit too much like D3's system for me to feel comfortable... I wish it still required a trip to the trainer.

This. I dont like the idea of no longer carrying my runes of portals and arcane dust, but instead carrying around stacks of the disappearing powder or whatever for quick swap specs to switch to living bomb/Frostbomb etc. That is lame as hell.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
This. I dont like the idea of no longer carrying my runes of portals and arcane dust, but instead carrying around stacks of the disappearing powder or whatever for quick swap specs to switch to living bomb/Frostbomb etc. That is lame as hell.

These talents are the type of talents that you're going to be changing a lot depending on what fight you're doing. I'd be insane to require people to port back to town each time they wanted to change a talent. You'd be punishing them for wanting to do better in a fight.

I'm an italian player (noob, i started less than a week ago). With the latest patch has been introduced the ita language and a few ita servers. Now i have only one pg on Runetotem (english server). I don't understand why should i have to migrate into an italian realm. Is it a stuff of lag or something related to the netcode somehow?
Migration to an italian realm is free.

Another question. Where do i buy the vanishing powder? I've already mistaken the first talent point, lol. I'm a dwarf and i think that it should be sold in Ironforge, but where specifically?

Thanks guys.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I'm an italian player (noob, i started less than a week ago). With the latest patch has been introduced the ita language and a few ita servers. Now i have only one pg on Runetotem (english server). I don't understand why should i have to migrate into an italian realm. Is it a stuff of lag or something related to the netcode somehow?
Migration to an italian realm is free.

Another question. Where do i buy the vanishing powder? I've already mistaken the first talent point, lol. I'm a dwarf and i think that it should be sold in Ironforge, but where specifically?

Thanks guys.

This guy sells it.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=30733

If you just started playing, you might want to try and get a friend that's an Inscriptionist to make it for you.

ch0mp

Got the Legendary off Ragnaros in MC tonight. Now time to blow a ton of money making a shitty hammer.

Is there a way to safely get someone to craft it without handing over all the mats in trade first?
Don't worry about it. If some guy tries to rip you off, you put in a ticket and you should get everything back.

Destro is really awesome to level as.
Agreed. I'm hitting 7k chaos bolts at level 63. And I can do 3 in a row... Instant conflag is nice too.

Acidote

I finally tried Elemental Shaman last night to get an idea of how will things go for me in MoP. Elemental is discarded.

I've switched to Enhancement to try it today, but my first impression is that Blizzard could drop the whole talent panel for Shamans.

Robin64

The rogue glyph that lets you transform when you pickpocket is brilliant.

quume.jpg

scoobs

some warrior tried to take my souldrink from DS today... ya, no. Sad that its taken until now that i finally got my 403 souldrinker combo.

Enosh

well went and tanked the first part of LFR today for the first time
was interesting

-first boss: "omg omg why is that dps pala taking so much aggro, wtf am I doing wrong omg omg I suck", inspecting him after the fight I figured out he was prot spec but qued as dps which I was really happy to see, better this than me completely sucking ^^
-second boss: kinda confusing wasn't sure which of the three damn tanks wanted to tank we were pretty much ping ponging the boss around us till about 70-ish% after which they let me deal with it
in a related note:
wowscrnshot083012121800.jpg

yep, that's me the tank, second with 40k, new vengeance is crazy
-third boss, well now they didn't taunt off me, got I think up to 5 or 6 stacks of the dot each time, once one of the other tanks decided to taunt off me, got the trinket and died after the fight from the dot
-fourth, went fine

overall enjoyed it after the first boss, will do it again next week ^^

Cipherr

well went and tanked the first part of LFR today for the first time
was interesting

-first boss: "omg omg why is that dps pala taking so much aggro, wtf am I doing wrong omg omg I suck", inspecting him after the fight I figured out he was prot spec but qued as dps which I was really happy to see, better this than me completely sucking ^^
-second boss: kinda confusing wasn't sure which of the three damn tanks wanted to tank we were pretty much ping ponging the boss around us till about 70-ish% after which they let me deal with it
in a related note:
wowscrnshot083012121800.jpg

yep, that's me the tank, second with 40k, new vengeance is crazy
-third boss, well now they didn't taunt off me, got I think up to 5 or 6 stacks of the dot each time, once one of the other tanks decided to taunt off me, got the trinket and died after the fight from the dot
-fourth, went fine

overall enjoyed it after the first boss, will do it again next week ^^

That recount cracks me up. I ran a LFR on my mage the other night, Aff lock just ROCKED the charts. Now granted, at this point anyone doing a LFR is mostly folks like my mage. Alts with terrible gear, or even PvP gear with broken specs just looking for something to do. But still the aff locks were putting up some wild numbers. One of them hit like 85k or something ridiculous on the last fight.

DW has a lot of buffs and modifiers and stuff like spellweave, but it was still pretty funny as noone else on the chart was close to them.

Also, Agility doesn't give you Dodge any longer (they already nerfed it so it doesn't give you extra armor).
Agility is no longer our most bang-for-your-buck stat. It should still take precedence, immediately followed by Stamina. However, it does still give dodge, though at a very meager rate.

mclem

We attempted a Firelands raid yesterday. Holy shit, I felt like the most useless tank on the planet. Flailing around, not nailing my rotation, wasting so much Holy Power. Pathetic.

Will probably venture into Dragon Soul today, but I spent a lot of time last night setting up WeakAuras to give me the information I need to know for the new pally tanking rotations. I'm sort of liking this patch in that it makes tanking a lot more dynamic and involved, but also disliking it because the fact that tanking is more dynamic and involved is taking away my ability to have an overview on the raid as a whole... and I'm not sure how much I trust some of my guildies to cope without me barking orders. Hopefully I can train up some new muscle memory in due course so it can become second-nature once again.

How's the new Master Loot system meant to work with DEing? I can't help but feel it's meant to handle the DEing side of things behind the scenes for you, but I just don't see it happening.

yep
love the change
I either win loot or I don't
no more rolling against 15 people, half of which don't even need the item but just rolled for some other guy, to DE it or to vendor it

Awesome. I didn't see anything in the patch notes about it - where could I find a little official blurb about what's different about it?

Ultratech

yep
love the change
I either win loot or I don't
no more rolling against 15 people, half of which don't even need the item but just rolled for some other guy, to DE it or to vendor it

It has its pros and cons.

Pro:
-Can't lose a roll to some random person
-Don't have to get into drama over said rolls
-If you don't get loot, you get Gold!

Cons:
-Whether you get actual loot is still up to chance/luck/RNG Gods
-Can't trade said loot. (Or be able to DE it for that matter unless you're an Enchanter yourself.)
-May get stuff you've already got...(more money for the Money God!)

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Is it right in assuming some glyphs will only be available with MoP? I wanted the glyph of Mass Exorcism for my paladin, but my toon with Inscription don't have it and the trainer sold me all his recipes.

Berordn

Is it right in assuming some glyphs will only be available with MoP? I wanted the glyph of Mass Exorcism for my paladin, but my toon with Inscription don't have it and the trainer sold me all his recipes.

Any new glyph that didn't get converted from an old one requires Pandaria Inscription Research, so probably. A few of the glyphs in the old Glyph Mastery books got updated too so it might be one of those.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

There are also glyphs that have to be researched, the trainer won't have everything.

We finally got out guild transferred over last night - http://us.battle.net/wow/en/guild/turalyon/Wafflehouse/

Keeblerdrow, next time you're on I'll toss you an invite. Also if anyone is bored or whatever, feel free to roll and hang out with us ;P

Neat. I'll maybe roll an alt there at least, though as I said before, still considering moving there as well instead of Mal'Ganis.

There are also glyphs that have to be researched, the trainer won't have everything.

Annoying since I had a perfect scribe before. Only thing missing was that wolf book, which I was too lazy to farm up.

Ultratech

Did some LFR last night to test out my Hunter and see what was going on with stuff.
Also, was kinda of a pain in the ass to have reforge nearly everything, but I somehow managed to get a perfect 666 Expertise (I have a Troll. :D) and just about hit the Hit Cap.
Was surprised I hit 666, since I had to write down what everything reforged into number-wise, and I know I was off when calculating stuff.
Also got bought some Valor gear upgrades with my excess of JP. Still got about 6k I need to burn. :(

Kill Command not working on some bosses/enemies sucks. Also, I have WAY too many buttons to play around with now. And pet pathing is just broke as hell on Madness. (*Watches as my Devilsaur runs off the platform into the Abyss to get behind DW*)

Gonna play around with Survival tonight when we attempt DS 10.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

You actively want to make the game more inconvienent? It's already going to be a nightmare in MOP since the end game requires a shitton of grinding as it is.

This issue with Swiftmend is driving me nuts.

Oh well, finally got new guild up and under control. <Wafflehouse> on Turalyon-US Horde if anybody is looking for a new place to hang out. Or just add my battletag - opiate#1171
I'd be interested if it weren't for you know, ew Horde
KuGsj.gif
You never know though. I've practically got an army of Death Knights and I need a Horde one to get the Double Agent achievement.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
You actively want to make the game more inconvienent? It's already going to be a nightmare in MOP since the end game requires a shitton of grinding as it is.

What kind of grinding? Hopefully not 50 dailies per day, which would explain why they got rid of the limit.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What kind of grinding? Hopefully not 50 dailies per day, which would explain why they got rid of the limit.

"Require" is certainly a stretch, but if one is inclined and wants to get all the options available to them as fast as they can, then ya it probably would be something close to that.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

You can't obtain valor gear without grinding factions to exalted through dailies. Championing tabards have been removed.

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone
You can't obtain valor gear without grinding factions to exalted through dailies. Championing tabards have been removed.

As someone who is generally very positive on MoP, this pisses me off to no end. I don't mind grinding rep to get into raids, but I am the type of player that once raiding, I log on only for raids, I don't want to be forced to do dailies. The other things I am really down on are the removal of have group will travel, and extended flask durations from guild cauldrons. Oh and last I heard you only had to get to revered to buy valor, but its still bullshit.

Anoregon

I don't mind grinding rep to get into raids, but I am the type of player that once raiding, I log on only for raids,t.

Then you are literally doing it wrong, according to blizzard. They are explicitly trying to negate that behavior/play style, and the new valor/rep system is definitely a part of that plan.

Fjordson

So are tabards not account-wide? I have the Explorer achievement and title on all my characters now, but the tabard is only on my main =[

ampere

That isn't true, all gear is available at revered

Exalted rewards are mounts/pets/cosmetic stuff

So are tabards not account-wide? I have the Explorer achievement and title on all my characters now, but the tabard is only on my main =[
Unfortunately tabards along with rep are still character bound

Angry Grimace

That isn't true, all gear is available at revered

Exalted rewards are mounts/pets/cosmetic stuff

Unfortunately tabards along with rep are still character bound

My bad then. You still have to grind to revered, though.

Top Bottom