• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I don't see getting to revered with a few reps being particularly onerous. I imagine just via questing in zones normally you'll end up at least honored with at least one or two before you even need to worry about end-game stuff, similar to Guardians of Hyjal.

Rokam

Not to mention you won't have enough valor to buy anything till week 2, so why not kill time doing dailies. And since it'll take awhile to get valor you can just pick 1 faction to do as they all seem to have 2-3 pieces of gear.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So I played for a few hours last night for the first time in a very long time, and I'm thrilled. The account wide achievements, pets, and mounts is a freaking Godsend to me. Since Burning Crusade I've been more of an alt kind of player, not really delving into endgame as much but leveling different classes and races. But what always got me down was all of neat stuff I'd leave behind on my most played characters, all of the achievements that I'd fought for, that I really didn't feel like grinding for again on the new ones. NOW, I don't have to, because every alt has access to (mostly) all of the pets and mounts that I've ever earned. And my achievements are now my own, not my characters. I love that. As an altaholic, I love that ALOT.

I even like the talent revamp so far.

I think I'm gonna start playing again. Holy Shit....

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So I played for a few hours last night for the first time in a very long time, and I'm thrilled. The account wide achievements, pets, and mounts is a freaking Godsend to me. Since Burning Crusade I've been more of an alt kind of player, not really delving into endgame as much but leveling different classes and races. But what always got me down was all of neat stuff I'd leave behind on my most played characters, all of the achievements that I'd fought for, that I really didn't feel like grinding for again on the new ones. NOW, I don't have to, because every alt has access to (mostly) all of the pets and mounts that I've ever earned. And my achievements are now my own, not my characters. I love that. As an altaholic, I love that ALOT.

Game over :D Welcome back!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
May check the tabard vendor in major cities. I was able to get the Loremaster tabard on a character that didn't have Loremaster.

I think they stopped sending you achievement based mail. I pulled past the 50 mounts with alt combined mounts, but I never got the mail that contained the mount. I just magically had Albino Drake in my learned mounts.

Entropia

No One Remembers

SJMyi.png

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
So, Ret Pallies are fun as fuck right now. Almost makes me want to stop playing my Arms Warrior....almost.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
haha, I haven't dug into the 5.0 Arcane rotation yet but is this really still viable?

It's been viable since 3.0.

You'll run out of mana, but he's level 80, not running Heroic Spine. Just stop and drink after pulls.

Chris R

AoE loot is the best thing ever to happen to this game. Pulled 80% of LBRS in a single pull! Hnnnnnnnnnnng.

Need to respec my mage for AoE though since Arcane Explosion is taking some time to kill things :|

The only thing I regret about leaving my warrior behind to reroll as a monk, is that I can't get those Argent Dawn tabards back.

I have two actually, but I doubt a GM would transfer one for me. It's like a worgen in Zul'Gurub gear, they would be swamped by requests if they allowed for that.

Ugh, its nice to know that the patch is working for the people here, when I keep disconnecting 5 seconds after I log in. It's not even just me! People have been reporting about disconnection issues after the patch and are getting NO responses from Blizzard on the fourms.

It's like life is forcing me to go buy GW2 or something.

ampere

Yeah man, this patch was made for players with tons of alts :)

It's so awesome to finally get that awesome mount or pet and get to use it all the time

Ugh, its nice to know that the patch is working for the people here, when I keep disconnecting 5 seconds after I log in. It's not even just me! People have been reporting about disconnection issues after the patch and are getting NO responses from Blizzard on the fourms.

It's like life is forcing me to go buy GW2 or something.
Do you have any addons? Try deleting your Interface and WTF folders from your WoW install directory, that will reset all addons and settings but it can fix issues with the game.

Angry Grimace

Plus we don't have that shitty cooldown period anymore. I swapped mine out for Eternal Flame, though. Love the extra HoT.

100K Flash of Light crits with Selfless Healer. For free.

Finally reactivated my account after a year of hiatus. Since I'm getting familiar with everything again, I decided to level my hunter that had a full heirloom set. It seems they can't equip melee weapons + ranged weapons. I'm now down agility stats because I can't dual wield. Also, why does the heirloom bow have such horrible stats to not compensate for this?

Do you have any addons? Try deleting your Interface and WTF folders from your WoW install directory, that will reset all addons and settings but it can fix issues with the game.

Thanks for the suggestion, but I have been doing that non-stop and nothing works. I have looked at their support fourms like crazy, but nothing is coming up.

Angry Grimace

Finally reactivated my account after a year of hiatus. Since I'm getting familiar with everything again, I decided to level my hunter that had a full heirloom set. It seems they can't equip melee weapons + ranged weapons. I'm now down agility stats because I can't dual wield. Also, why does the heirloom bow have such horrible stats to not compensate for this?

Bows have 2H melee weapon levels of agility to compensate for the loss of melee weapons. The heirloom bow doesn't level beyond a level where this will ever be relevant.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the suggestion, but I have been doing that non-stop and nothing works. I have looked at their support fourms like crazy, but nothing is coming up.
I don't know if it will help in your case, but I've noticed that running wow.exe in compatibility mode for Windows 95 or 98 solves disconnection problems sometimes. I ran into a weird disconnection problem in patch 4.2.0 where I in Mount Hyjal got disconnected upon entering the instance. Changing the client to run in compatibility mode solved this for some strange reason. Of course, this works only for Windows, so in case you are running the Mac client there's not much help you can get there (I suppose you could fiddle around in the classic environment if you have got access to that).

Angry Grimace

Wtf? What's wrong with people who just want to raid?

People logging in to raid cause a very vocal minority to log onto the WoW Forums and declare that the game is dead. Blizzard doesn't want people claiming the game is dying because it causes other people to believe it.

Tarazet

What do you guys think about the mana change? Having it solely based on your level. Feels sort of weird.

I don't know, because I play a Balance Druid and a Protection Paladin, neither of which ever really has problems with mana. I ran my Boomkin in 5-mans... I literally had to spam Wild Mushroom and Hurricane for about 3 minutes straight before I even needed to Innervate, at which point she was good to go for just as long again. In single-target fights, it's impossible to run out. She has about a 10% smaller mana pool than before too.

Fjordson

I don't know, because I play a Balance Druid and a Protection Paladin, neither of which ever really has problems with mana. I ran my Boomkin in 5-mans... I literally had to spam Wild Mushroom and Hurricane for about 3 minutes straight before I even needed to Innervate, at which point she was good to go for just as long again. She has about a 10% smaller mana pool than before too.
It's the same on my disc priest. Not sure what happened, but I'm much, much harder to take down now. Takes me forever to even get near like 50% mana. It's a little strange and I wonder if whatever it is that's causing that (better mana regen or something) will get nerfed.

lexi

Banned
What's the new valor / rep system? I hate how ridiculously brief the patch notes are, I want one big compendium of all changes!

Tarazet

It's the same on my disc priest. Not sure what happened, but I'm much, much harder to take down now. Takes me forever to even get near like 50% mana. It's a little strange and I wonder if whatever it is that's causing that (better mana regen or something) will get nerfed.

The Boomkin was already like that, because of the passive mana regen whenever we enter an Eclipse state. Even if we are running low, all we have to do is spam our nukes to get to the other side and regain 16000 mana each time.

Fjordson

The Boomkin was already like that, because of the passive mana regen whenever we enter an Eclipse state. Even if we are running low, all we have to do is spam our nukes to get to the other side and regain 16000 mana each time.
Ah, nice. Druids seem pretty great right now. Resto druids seem crazy good right now every time I seen one in a BG. I kinda want to level one, even if two healers is somewhat redundant :lol

Rokam

What's the new valor / rep system? I hate how ridiculously brief the patch notes are, I want one big compendium of all changes!

Valor gear will require revered with the new reputations. They each sell 2-3 epics of each type. (2 healer items, 2 caster dps items, 2 melee dps items, etc) So basically you can pick a faction and work on that since the gear at a minimum still costs 1250.

ampere

Valor isn't available until MoP launches and for now you can buy anything that used to cost valor with justice.

When MoP comes out, there is a cap of 3000 total valor, and you can earn up to 1000 per week. You can spend valor on epics that are sold by the different reputation vendors and it requires revered with a rep to buy the epics they carry.

There might be another way to spend valor, they are toying with the idea of using valor to upgrade the ilevel of gear a bit. They said that feature might come out with 5.1, but personally I think it's one of those ideas that is going to get scrapped and never see live servers.

lexi

Banned
Valor isn't available until MoP launches and for now you can buy anything that used to cost valor with justice.

When MoP comes out, there is a cap of 3000 total valor, and you can earn up to 1000 per week. You can spend valor on epics that are sold by the different reputation vendors and it requires revered with a rep to buy the epics they carry.

There might be another way to spend valor, they are toying with the idea of using valor to upgrade the ilevel of gear a bit. They said that feature might come out with 5.1, but personally I think it's one of those ideas that is going to get scrapped and never see live servers.

So one faction might have tier gloves / boots, another faction might have shoulders etc?

Either way it doesn't sound too much different than the faction stuff I did at the start of Cata to get those random epics.

Rokam

So one faction might have tier gloves / boots, another faction might have shoulders etc?

Either way it doesn't sound too much different than the faction stuff I did at the start of Cata to get those random epics.

The ilvl of the items is actually less than normal modes as well.

JCizzle

I think it's how the new system relates to secondary stats (like spirit), which will be much smaller on a relative scale once you hit 90 and even through the first tier of gear.

lexi

Banned
Correct valor items are between raid finder and normal gear. About 7 levels less than normal raids.

...So tier will go Heroic > Normal > Valor > Raid Finder? 4 tiers of gear per instance?

Wait, I think I get this, valor gear won't necessarily be connected to any raids at all, right? Just off piece and random sorta stuff. This is so confusing, and this is from someone who has played wow since 2005.

Rokam

...So tier will go Heroic > Normal > Valor > Raid Finder? 4 tiers of gear per instance?

Wait, I think I get this, valor gear won't necessarily be connected to any raids at all, right? Just off piece and random sorta stuff. This is so confusing, and this is from someone who has played wow since 2005.

Valor gear is to just fill in any gaps while starting up raiding, and for non raiders. It's basically like valor was in Cata with the exception you can't buy tier pieces and that it's a few ilvls below normal raids.

Top Bottom