• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Dresden

Ah, nice. Druids seem pretty great right now. Resto druids seem crazy good right now every time I seen one in a BG. I kinda want to level one, even if two healers is somewhat redundant :lol

I'm close to having all four healers. :lol

No monk though, won't be rolling one.

Rokam

If anyone needs help getting exalted with their guild, here's a fun tip:

-Farm normal Halls of Lightning
-Loot everything, keep all the Relics of Ulduar
-Get the tabard that increases guild rep gain
-Turn in the stacks of Relics at the Sons of Hodir (Can do it even if exalted)

1 Full stack (200) = 7200 rep with your guild and takes only a few runs. Enjoy. This is also a good way to level a new guild too, just get everyone to farm HoL.

I'm up over 7.2 million in guild activity for the week and I haven't been doing a lot of dailies, around 10 a day.

Fjordson

I think it's how the new system relates to secondary stats (like spirit), which will be much smaller on a relative scale once you hit 90 and even through the first tier of gear.
Oh, okay. That makes sense. Can't imagine priests being this difficult to kill in high level PvP. It's a little ridiculous.

I'm close to having all four healers. :lol

No monk though, won't be rolling one.
Haha, nice. This is my first one and I love it. I'd like to play a Monk, they seem pretty cool, but that's only a quick first impression. Haven't wanted to play the beta too much before release. We'll see if I actually stick with one all the way to 90.

Westlo

Doing RAF with a Paladin + Druid combo, just have the druid set to follow.. anyway just hit level 10... lmfao @ Holy Shock one shotting nearly everything.

Wubby

1 Full stack (200) = 7200 rep with your guild and takes only a few runs. Enjoy. This is also a good way to level a new guild too, just get everyone to farm HoL.

I'm up over 7.2 million in guild activity for the week and I haven't been doing a lot of dailies, around 10 a day.

Oh wow thanks. I now know what I'm doing tonight.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!

I thought the guild rep tabard only worked when you were doing dungeon runs with guild members, not when you turned quests?

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
How long has the guild finder tool been in the game? I think it's pretty slick. They could use some sorting options on the wizard, but man I wish that had been in the game from the start.

I logged into one of my alts last night that I haven't played in over two years, so I wasn't surprised to see him de-guilded. But then I noticed the guild finder, and after perusing the huge list for a few minutes I picked one that had a nice description to it (and had a lot of members too) and a minute later I was part of a 432 member level 25 guild that I'd never heard of before. And it actually seems like a fantastic casual guild. Good people, interesting guild chat, even did an all guildy run of Blackfathom Deep.

I could almost have fun just petitioning new casual guilds now and then by the guild finder tool just to experience new people and players. Seems like a great social tool for the game.

Man, so much is new in the WoW. I do need to find a way to make lots of gold though, I can't even afford to buy my flying skills, lol.

Entropia

No One Remembers
How long has the guild finder tool been in the game? I think it's pretty slick. They could use some sorting options on the wizard, but man I wish that had been in the game from the start.

I logged into one of my alts last night that I haven't played in over two years, so I wasn't surprised to see him de-guilded. But then I noticed the guild finder, and after perusing the huge list for a few minutes I picked one that had a nice description to it (and had a lot of members too) and a minute later I was part of a 432 member level 25 guild that I'd never heard of before. And it actually seems like a fantastic casual guild. Good people, interesting guild chat, even did an all guildy run of Blackfathom Deep.

I could almost have fun just petitioning new casual guilds now and then by the guild finder tool just to experience new people and players. Seems like a great social tool for the game.

Man, so much is new in the WoW. I do need to find a way to make lots of gold though, I can't even afford to buy my flying skills, lol.

You are like the only person ever to have found a guild using the Guild Finder.

While it's a nice tool, there are a couple problems with it:

1) Not many people know it exists even though it's what popups if you aren't in a guild and press your guild menu button.
2) A lot of "serious" guilds wouldn't bother with it as they would most likely require the prospect to apply on their guild forums, chat with them, etc.
3) Most guilds that are casual that list themselves there more than likely spam any un-guilded players they can find. I can't tell you how many times I've started up a new toon and been asked to join several guilds. Last night, on my 2 RAF toons I left the guild that I was in (which 'zerg invited' me to begin with) and within seconds I had "<whatever the guild was called> is a level..." tell with a guild invite popup.

mclem

Hmmm. In the past I've been *really bad* at spending valor points, I don't really play alts, and I attend damn near every guild raid. In other words:

What the hell am I going to do with 30k Justice? Can I sit on it 'til 90?

they want them golds and experience. you're a little ant.
Our guild has a policy of charging a token amount of gold for greeds to discourage frivolous greeding - that's principally what funds our repair fund. As a result of this, we are now stupidly wealthy. I really ought to figure out a nice way to use that money in MoP.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Our guild has a policy of charging a token amount of gold for greeds to discourage frivolous greeding - that's principally what funds our repair fund. As a result of this, we are now stupidly wealthy. I really ought to figure out a nice way to use that money in MoP.

Greeding what? Epics for maelstrom crystals?

Ultratech

Hmmm. In the past I've been *really bad* at spending valor points, I don't really play alts, and I attend damn near every guild raid. In other words:

What the hell am I going to do with 30k Justice? Can I sit on it 'til 90?

Better find a way to spend it, since in less than two weeks, they're putting the hard caps back on for JP and Honor. Any extra JP/Honor gets converted to money (and not a lot at that...think it's like 35 silver per extra point over 4000?).

My advice for spending it?
-Heirlooms if you don't have any already for alts and such.
-Rep Tokens for Wrath Factions (You probably have way more than enough JP to hit exalted on all said factions and the tokens are super cheap.)
-Wooly Mammoth in Dal (the one that costs JP)
-Convert some to Honor; buy stuff with that.
-If you're an Enchanter and need stuff, buy gear and DE it.
-Get ilvl 397 (or whatever) gear if you need/want it.

Or if you actually have ~30k JP...you could get a nice chunk of cash out of that when it gets converted...assuming I calculated that correctly.

Has always worked with quests. Many people took advantage of it with their Tol'Barad farming.

Yup. I took major advantage of it while doing Firelands dailies. Managed to hit Exalted while doing those quests, since every quest was giving a nice chunk of rep.

Westlo

Or if you actually have ~30k JP...you could get a nice chunk of cash out of that when it gets converted...assuming I calculated that correctly.

That's a horrible option to take, you're much better off spending all your justice on Cardinal Rubys and either selling them to Jewecrafters or if you have on yourself.. cutting the Wrath Epic Agil gems.

The raw gem goes for 110g on my server now and the agil cut about 190g, imagine the price and demand once Monks and legit Pandas start to hit TBC content... those legs in Zang with 3 gem slots.. slot in 3 epic agil gems and they're good to go until Cata gear.

Ordinator

Thanks a lot for this, man. Gotta get some of my guildies to do this over the weekend.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I like what they did with Scholomance and Scarlet Monastery, sure i only saw their low lvl versions so far, but it looks good. Too bad they seems to have closed a lot of the old rooms in Scholomance. But what's the point of the 6 rooms near the last boss if they didn't close them? They're just empty. No mobs to kill in each of them to summon the last boss. He just waits for you in the middle room once you're there.

Berordn

I like what they did with Scholomance and Scarlet Monastery, sure i only saw their low lvl versions so far, but it looks good. Too bad they seems to have closed a lot of the old rooms in Scholomance. But what's the point of the 6 rooms near the last boss if they didn't close them? They're just empty.

I think the heroic encounter has you chasing him into those rooms at certain health levels. Normal might too, but I've been one-shotting him before I can get him low enough to do anything interesting.

I haven't read the dungeon journal though so maybe it's in there.

edit: Having read it, he teleports random players into them, who then get attacked by adds. Kind of cool.

What's the deal with Hunter heirlooms? They're all mail...at what level can Hunters wear mail now? Also, what was that you guys were saying about the heirloom bow sucking?

JCizzle

Awesome tip, will try that this weekend.

Plus indiscriminately slaughtering that asshole Loken will bring me much joy after the grief he gave me in pug runs at the start of wotlk.

Tamanon

Banned
What's the deal with Hunter heirlooms? They're all mail...at what level can Hunters wear mail now? Also, what was that you guys were saying about the heirloom bow sucking?

The Mail heirlooms for hunters are leather until you get to level 40, then they automatically upgrade.

Same for the Plate heirlooms, they're mail until level 40.

Berordn

Heirloom gear scales to armor class AND level. If the class ever wears mail, it starts off as leather until you can use mail.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I think 5.04 would have been a good opportunity for Blizz to bump all the wrath heirlooms up to 85 max level to match cata heirlooms. The difference made sense for Cata, but now that 85 isn't the cap it's kind of silly to have half your heirlooms stop advancing at 80.

I think 5.04 would have been a good opportunity for Blizz to bump all the wrath heirlooms up to 85 max level to match cata heirlooms. The difference made sense for Cata, but now that 85 isn't the cap it's kind of silly to have half your heirlooms stop advancing at 80.

Agreed. I'm surprised this and updated vanilla character models were not included in this patch. They need to at least fix the Hunter bow heirloom stats...

Chris R

AoE Looting made grinding out cloth to get my enchanting from 250 to 350 last night so damn easy. Granted, I don't know if my terrible AoE will keep up with WOTLK stuff :(

Ultratech

That's a horrible option to take, you're much better off spending all your justice on Cardinal Rubys and either selling them to Jewecrafters or if you have on yourself.. cutting the Wrath Epic Agil gems.

The raw gem goes for 110g on my server now and the agil cut about 190g, imagine the price and demand once Monks and legit Pandas start to hit TBC content... those legs in Zang with 3 gem slots.. slot in 3 epic agil gems and they're good to go until Cata gear.

Yeah, I feel bad for mentioning it now. :(

Didn't use gems much while leveling though BC/Wrath, though I can see why it'd help. Would also be good for leveling JC.

Gem prices are all kinds of wacky right now on my server. (+40 Agility for 680 Gold?! Madness.)

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
They did it for the bear and cat models of the druids. Although that's nothing compared to updating 8 races.

Yeah, that doesn't really compare.

Also this: http://wow.joystiq.com/2012/08/31/blizzard-working-on-new-models-of-humans-and-orcs/

buffed: I think the last time we talked about it you said the designers were working on the Dwarves. Is it still Dwarves or are other races already being worked on as well?

Street: They've been working on the Dwarves and then the Humans and Orcs. We feel that if we can do the Humans and Orcs we can probably do all the races. It may not be the kind of thing where we turn them all on at once -- it may be a gradual rollout. It just depends on how long it takes.

buffed: Then we will hope that we get to see them during the Mists of Pandaria era.

Street: We'll just have to see.

Alchemy

Solo'd MC thanks to the demonology tanking glyph on my horribly undergeared Warlock at 85. No way would I have been able to manage that before the changes, he is pretty much in fresh 85 greens. Warlock tanking is pretty sweet. With an Imp I have three self heals and four damage reduction CDs (two can be up constantly based on Demonic Fury gain), and a hard taunt.

Only downside is I need to get new Xmog gear to match my wings.

EDIT:
Also I need to try soloing BWL now, I wonder if Demonic Leap can help reset Razorgore...

Entropia

No One Remembers
Fever are you guys horde or Ally?

We're Horde.

After looking into Monks, playing them a bit on the Beta, I'm not sure if I would want to main a Windwalker. Their rotation is pretty stupid in that, a channeled spell is a key part of their rotation, no real good cleave, and just feel very clunky with energy and chi generation. Looking at the sim results (though I won't base my decision entirely on that) they seem to be pretty low on the totem pole.

I may stick with my Shaman after all. Though their damage (according to the sim site) is absolute garbage, I at least know the class inside and out and wouldn't have any adjustment period playing it.

So we figured out that instead of reforging all of my bear's gear to Dodge, it's much more effective to reforge to Mastery now. Pre-5.0.4, all it did was increase the amount of damage that Savage Defense absorbed. Now, it is a percentage armor increase, which makes it essential.

If this holds up, I can see tanking and catting it up in the same gear being much easier than it ever was before.

Also, Agility doesn't give you Dodge any longer (they already nerfed it so it doesn't give you extra armor).

Where is the source that agil doesnt give u dodge anymore? From what i read it still does. Its just that it got nerfed

Also its still good to get dodge over mastery. The way mastery works now is cool but dodge still jas priority. The major reforging change is that u wan to get 7.5% hit and 15% expertise as that will ensure u will get the most rage being that the rage mechanic is diff now.

These things can't come soon enough. It sucks looking at races from 8 years ago with terribly low res textures and polygons. But it seems they still barely started on them. =/
Also, I don't understand how they can't concurrently work on all of the models at once.

Top Bottom