• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Ultratech

Hit 85 on my DK today. The 84-85 nerf was pretty ridiculous.
Got 42% to 85 alone just from doing Grim Batol and all the quests in there. (Being rested helped as well.)

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Friend just got the mount and is doing it again on an alt. Org is going to be filled with these in a couple of days if it doesn't get fixed soon.

markot

Banned
Vanilla was pretty bad >.< I mean looking back on it compared to the changes they made. There was almost nothing to do if you didnt raid.

Not that all that much has changed....

Magnus

Don't go and get yourself banned now.

What would get you banned?

Surely they couldn't possibly justify people looting something that's officially and 'legally' dropping off a corpse due to their own error in modifying the loot table % chances? That's totally on them.

ampere

What would get you banned?

Surely they couldn't possibly justify people looting something that's officially and 'legally' dropping off a corpse due to their own error in modifying the loot table % chances? That's totally on them.

Yeah. Remember the ret paladin bug? Some guilds got realm first deathwing kills because of that and no one had anything taken away. If the way to get the mount to drop just involves going into firelands and killing rag, people won't get in trouble for it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Tried Destro today, insane amounts fun. I don't see what everyone was saying about it being boring.

It's 80% casting incinerate.

No one is going to get banned for this. At worst the mount will get taken away.
If the problem is literally just, "the drop rate is too high," they aren't going to remove the mount from anyone since a) the mount legitimately drops in that scenario, and b) it's not exploitative at all. It's just playing the game as intended with a reward which is in fact intended.

Fjordson

I almost went and tried to go for the mount, but I figured it'd too much of a headache finding a group. Everyone had the usual "PST ITEM LVL AND ACHIEVE" and I've never done Firelands
=[ wouldn't want to wipe anyone due to not knowing the fights.

Rokam

Hah, so they fixed the darkmoon faire and I got to do the quests twice. Was able to buy 2 pets this week and will end up being 10 shy of a 3rd one.

sazzy

No idea which talents to choose on my blood DK alt. Just got him to 84 from 82 tonight.

Picked talents which I think were good for tanking but not sure. I also found it harder to manage threat and control mobs.

Has tanking changed or am I just sucking?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
The water elemental of frost mages didnt use to make this annoying constant Waterbolt casting noise did it? Is there a way to get rid of this, much like getting rid of the worgen sniffing sound?

Edit : after rebooting the game, seems like a glitch...

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Where do the whelpings like Azure and Crimson drops? For some reason Wowhead doesnt even have them and Warcraftpets only say "zone drop". Does that mean that every monsters in Wetlands can drop the Crimson Whelping?

Speaking of companions, i hate how it doesnt say "You already own it" in the description since you can multiple copies of one and how every greyed pets ingame also counts critters... i'm just trying to get 10 more for the 150 companions achievement and this kinda annoy me.

Edit : ok now Wowhead decide to show the whelpings... i sure got some weird "glitchs" today.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Where do the whelpings like Azure and Crimson drops? For some reason Wowhead doesnt even have them and Warcraftpets only say "zone drop". Does that mean that every monsters in Wetlands can drop the Crimson Whelping?

Yup, and any mob in winterspring can drop the azure. Most people farming a crimson specifically kill the local whelps though, because those can drop the dark whelpling as well.

Nugg

OK so here's what happened today.

I was doing my Tol Barad dailies. I've been saving for the Baradin Fox since I heard it was going to be available from the reputation vendor for 200 tokens. The fox is one of the very few pets I don't have (I have 206 different pets right now). I killed about 1500 fox, maybe 2000 without any luck. Every month, I do my 250 kills for the Darkmoon Faire quest on foxes only, that's been my fox farming ritual for the last few months.

I had enough tokens to buy the fox tomorrow, or the day after depending on how the battles would go.

So I aggro'ed a bunch of spiders, since I had to kill 12 of them. I made a nice pack and AOE'd them down. I must have grabbed a fox along with them without realizing it, because when I looted the pack (yay for AOE looting), there it was, my glorious pet!

I'm so happy I'm not even mad I farmed 190 tokens for nothing!

Here's me with my new best friend!

j0v55.jpg

Nugg

OK, so now this happened like two hours after the fox story, in Magister's Terrace:

53JlC.png

(Swift White Hawkstrider)

I can't believe this is luck anymore. Is this related to the Ragnaros mount bug? I'm gonna check Attumen in Karazhan right now. BRB.

EDIT: nope, no luck on the Karazhan mount.

Enosh

I just now noticed that the panda section in SW is already up and running
kinda breaks the story to put them in so early given that we didn't even get to panda land

Haha, that name is so much more awesome in French.

And anyone know if they've hotfixed the Rag mount yet? That might be fun to get in on if it stays until MoP.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I don't plan on winning it (I'm horrible at winning mount rolls) but I'm trying to convince our guild to do Firelands tonight instead of our Ulduar achievement run.
Assuming you have to clear everything 1 person gets a mount for the tedious work vs. multiple people getting achievements they need? ...

Assuming you have to clear everything 1 person gets a mount for the tedious work vs. multiple people getting achievements they need? ...

Honestly, right now they seem more interested in the possibility of an "easy" mount (aka instant drop they could win) versus trying to aim for particular achievements on content they've been over for a while (even though a proto-drake would be available for them too). I'd be inclined to agree with you otherwise. :\ Really just trying to capitalize on something they might get excited over.

It just got fixed :(!
Serious?! Boooooooo

Chris R

Mwhahahaha! The RaF ICC level trick is insane! Should be done later tonight I think with all my characters, but I might just do more to have some bonus levels to grant to my other chars I want at 90.

Lain

Today I re-logged into WoW proper (I've only been playing a bit of the beta from time to time and just some panda stuff) after so many months and I felt so lost. So many changes, some of which I didn't exactly like. At a glance, the glyph choices seem weaker than what I remember sporting before for my holy paladin.

Went to Scarlet Monastery since I saw a new kill achievement in the list and found it completely changed. Maybe it's the rose tinted glasses, but I haven't liked the changes they did to it. The secret named in the chapel was dead in his cubicle =( And the invisible walls on some places where you'd expect to be able to jump through the openings.

LadyRiven

OK so here's what happened today.

I was doing my Tol Barad dailies. I've been saving for the Baradin Fox since I heard it was going to be available from the reputation vendor for 200 tokens. The fox is one of the very few pets I don't have (I have 206 different pets right now). I killed about 1500 fox, maybe 2000 without any luck. Every month, I do my 250 kills for the Darkmoon Faire quest on foxes only, that's been my fox farming ritual for the last few months.

I had enough tokens to buy the fox tomorrow, or the day after depending on how the battles would go.

So I aggro'ed a bunch of spiders, since I had to kill 12 of them. I made a nice pack and AOE'd them down. I must have grabbed a fox along with them without realizing it, because when I looted the pack (yay for AOE looting), there it was, my glorious pet!

I'm so happy I'm not even mad I farmed 190 tokens for nothing!

Here's me with my new best friend!

j0v55.jpg

Congrats on your Fox Kit! Farming mine was a tedious journey but I was so excited in the end. :)

scoobs

Why does he need to run it on an alt? I thought mounts are account wide now

some people don't think things through. Its fine that it drops 100% now, u still only have a 10% chance of winning it once a week. Seems fair to me. Its a cool mount, but it does screw over people that got it when it was rare

some people don't think things through. Its fine that it drops 100% now, u still only have a 10% chance of winning it once a week. Seems fair to me. Its a cool mount, but it does screw over people that got it when it was rare

The thing was that it was dropping 100% on normal - which it wasn't supposed to. It's been fixed now so it's back to running heroics if you want a better chance of getting it. As far as I know, it'll still drop in normal, it's just a much lower rate.

scoobs

The thing was that it was dropping 100% on normal - which it wasn't supposed to. It's been fixed now so it's back to running heroics if you want a better chance of getting it. As far as I know, it'll still drop in normal, it's just a much lower rate.

Based on something i saw on reddit, its dropping 100% in both and is intended to? Idk, its all very confusing.

After a fucking YEAR of farming... it is finally mine!!

wowscrnshot090412010258.jpg

Fjordson

Man, this patch really has me fully back into WoW. Leveling my priest, playing my hunter again, farming for shit. Damn.

I'm already 10k rep away from being exalted with my guild. Surprised at how easy it is.

Dresden

Not gonna lie, the 300% xp bonus from RAF actually makes questing enjoyable. No more rounding up long chains of hubs to turn them in one after another like a drone. We just pick and choose and go on our merry way.

Top Bottom