• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

I made my first alt on the other faction. Just so I'm clear about the rules - the only things I can mail to that character are heirlooms, right?

And if I want to transfer some gold, I need a buddy to put something on the neutral AH, right? No cleaner way to do it than that?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
These things can't come soon enough. It sucks looking at races from 8 years ago with terribly low res textures and polygons. But it seems they still barely started on them. =/

The fact that armor sets continue to get better looking with regard to textures/polygons certainly helps. Orc models may be pretty shitty but covered in badass plate from any point Wrath or after makes it much less noticible.

Tauren, however, are just dreadful. The entire model is like a dozen polygons. I loved Tauren in Warcraft 3 but just can't bring myself to play one in WoW due to how low quality the models and animations are for them.

Tamanon

Banned
I made my first alt on the other faction. Just so I'm clear about the rules - the only things I can mail to that character are heirlooms, right?

And if I want to transfer some gold, I need a buddy to put something on the neutral AH, right? No cleaner way to do it than that?

Well, any Bind on Account stuff you can transfer. Some of the Archaeology gear is BoA.

But for gold transfers, yah, that's your way.

Tarazet

You are right. Agility gives a minimal amount of dodge now. Though it still remains a bear's best stat.

It's still the main stat rather than Strength, not that there's any Strength leather. And it's not like you can reforge away Agility either. But given the choice between a piece with more Stamina or more Agility, I'll take the piece with more Stamina now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Given that there's more than one tank that uses Agility leather now, you would think they *could* implement full on leather tanking items.

By the way... reading Tide of War right now. Good gravy and sweet sassy molassy.

I'm only halfway though but the amount of respect I have for Baine just went up tons. And man, Thrall is more attuned with the pussy than he is with the elements right now. Son of Durotan, I am disappoint.

It's still the main stat rather than Strength, not that there's any Strength leather. And it's not like you can reforge away Agility either. But given the choice between a piece with more Stamina or more Agility, I'll take the piece with more Stamina now.
Certainly. Stamina has now become our "damned near equal" stat for Agility. I find it sad what has happened to us bears, but the nerf hammer has been hitting us rather hard for a long time now. And I am not so convinced about Savage Defense being the one ability that makes up for it. I'd rather be paying attention to the fight than worrying about whether or not my Savage Defense is available, stacked, or is ticking down. Though I do find the new bear rotation to be engaging, at least. It seems to be all about getting that free Mangle to proc.

For the record, I lost somewhere near 17% dodge with the patch. Heart of the Wild ought to make my stats nerf feel a little better, come level 90.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Given that there's more than one tank that uses Agility leather now, you would think they *could* implement full on leather tanking items.

It is kind of weird to see that there are virtually no leather items with full-on tank stats like dodge and parry, but since a lot of the tanking mechanics post-5.04 are "active" and directly convert certain types of damaging attacks to defensive bonuses, hit and expertise are as or more important than they ever were, and things like crit directly convey defensive bonuses for most tank specs. Brewmaster monks, for example, gain a stack of elusive brew every time they crit, which they can expend at will for 30% dodge bonus for 1 second per stack.

ampere

Yeah I was wondering if they would do that. The only piece that I found that does that is http://www.wowhead.com/item=85383 (Guardian Druid T14 shoulders) and the Brewmaster Monk shoulders have the same stats.

Haste and hit/expertise will possibly be the best survivability stats for Brewmasters though so I'm not too bothered.

Rokam

Wait, so the person in trade who said that inscription trainers now can teach you everything was BSing me?

I'd assume so, because the books are selling for 750g. But I do believe they added them to the Northrend Glyph Discovery cooldown.

Garryk

Ok, I want to get my Pally to 85 before the xpac hits. I was leveling Prot before the update. Is this still the way to go, or is Ret/Holy better for soloing?

Edit: Currently level 78 if that makes a difference.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Basically everything is overpowered at those levels. Prior to 5.0.4, you probably would never get much HP up due to slow generation, but now, you can probably just gather up a shit load of mobs and spam Divine Storm/HotR. I personally have never leveled anything but Retribution.

Certainly. Stamina has now become our "damned near equal" stat for Agility. I find it sad what has happened to us bears, but the nerf hammer has been hitting us rather hard for a long time now. And I am not so convinced about Savage Defense being the one ability that makes up for it. I'd rather be paying attention to the fight than worrying about whether or not my Savage Defense is available, stacked, or is ticking down. Though I do find the new bear rotation to be engaging, at least. It seems to be all about getting that free Mangle to proc.

For the record, I lost somewhere near 17% dodge with the patch. Heart of the Wild ought to make my stats nerf feel a little better, come level 90.

Yea u gotta remember...blizzard balances around the expansion whenever the patch before expansion comes out...so all the changes are primarily for 90....so our 85 balancing isnt an issue right now since all of it was balanced for level 90

Angry Grimace

The fact that armor sets continue to get better looking with regard to textures/polygons certainly helps. Orc models may be pretty shitty but covered in badass plate from any point Wrath or after makes it much less noticible.

Tauren, however, are just dreadful. The entire model is like a dozen polygons. I loved Tauren in Warcraft 3 but just can't bring myself to play one in WoW due to how low quality the models and animations are for them.

I think its funny that Sylvanas basically looks like her normal Elf form but grey skinned, but all of the undead characters are hunched over highly decayed humans.

Angry Grimace

Wasn't that due to the valkyries doing their funny business on some of them? I thought I remember reading Sylvanas messing around with that crap.

My recollection was that in WIII he got resurrected on the spot, and then they retconned it into him getting her dead corpse later, but then it got re-retconned to resurrrecting her on teh spot.

JCizzle

I think its funny that Sylvanas basically looks like her normal Elf form but grey skinned, but all of the undead characters are hunched over highly decayed humans.

I'd love a more upright version of undead and trolls, though I can see how some people may prefer the hunched style. I need my Orc to have smaller shoulders like thrall too.

Angry Grimace

I just wish there was more variation in body types, but I see how that would be problematic with Armor, etc.

Rokam

3 main city factions down through running normal HoL (And on occasion random Northrend heroics) Have killed Loken on normal 21 times in the last 2 days. Made about 10k gold from cloth, relics, and books of glyph mastery. Surprisingly not burnt out, aoe looting makes the grind easier as I can pull an entire room without spending the entire instance clicking.

I think someone that bought my relics caught on, because now I see they're farming HoL as well. Bastard.

Tarazet

I agree, the new bear rotation is fantastic. I'm so glad Pulverize is gone. For single target, open at range with Faerie Swarm and Thrash, charge, then prioritize Mangle and Lacerate, using FS and Thrash if they're on cooldown. For AoE, apply Thrash then blow Berserk and spam Mangle, then prioritize Swipe, Mangle and Thrash, and Maul as well if you're not taking a lot of damage. As long as you don't have the glyph that extends the FS cooldown, you always have something to press, and then you've also got Savage Defense and Frenzied Regeneration for rage dumps which ignore the GCD and keep you alive. Maul was almost on the verge of getting dropped off my bar, but there are still fights where the extra AoE damage comes in handy, and that's off the GCD as well.

There is definitely something wrong with the class now as far as survivability, though. It's too squishy and we take too much spike damage compared to Paladin tanks. The bear got hit with the nerf bat extra hard by losing AoE taunt together with its (higher) Dodge from Agility, not to mention the damage nerfs that all tanks got. I had a Frost Mage pulling aggro off of me constantly.

Rokam

Never have I ever had issues downloading a patch. Of course this one would be it. Late because I had to lose my account for a bit due to lack of funds.

0% on re-configuring. Awesome.

Considering I plan on doing the digital download for Pandaria, this does not make me hopeful.

Run in administrative. The % is broken. Mine sat at 4% then jumped to 100. Took about an hour.

Un. Fucking. Believable.

This morning I went AFK for about 10 minutes to watch a video on YouTube. I have WoW on windowed mode and NPCScan set up to alert me even if it's in the background. When I tabbed back in, I look over and see a dead TLPD — it had spawned not 10 feet away from me and some rogue ran up and killed it. Great job, NPCScan. Ugh...

So tonight, about 5 minutes ago, I was patrolling the Storm Peaks on my priest and my NPCScan went off. There TLPD was! I finally found it! As I'm getting ready to attack, some fucking hunter hits it first and proceeds to kill it. I was RIGHT there. I had it.

A video game hasn't made me this enraged in a long, long time.

Angry Grimace

I have Cross-Realm on my server, which means that Storm Peaks has tons of campers 24/7. =/

ampere

So two of my raiding buddies and I were in vent tonight and they are going on about the archaeology changes and how it's making them have another go at it and I figure, why not try again.

s3T2F.png

:D :D :D

It's my 197th Tol'vir project, freaking finally

I haven't played in almost 2 months.

Wanted to check out 5.04.

One thing that I am getting pretty sick and fucking tired of is all the fucking bullshit you have to do to get your goddamned addons working when a major patch hits.

Jesus fucking Christ. Every fucking time.

FUUUUUUCK.

Why is it such a fucking process? I mean, what the fuck? Let me fucking play. Fuck.

TheYanger

One thing that I am getting pretty sick and fucking tired of is all the fucking bullshit you have to do to get your goddamned addons working when a major patch hits.

FUUUUUUCK.

Why is it such a fucking process? I mean, what the fuck? Let me fucking play. Fuck.

There's not really a lot they can do about that. Use a package if you find it that big of a hassle, not saying it condescendingly but seriously, those are EASY to update and tend to be ready immediately. Otherwise it's the price you pay for customization (I tend to play near modless for a week or two post-patch, and at the start of Xpacs, it doesn't bother me to do so).

ch0mp

FUUUUUUCK.

I didn't have an issue. Load up curse > update each addon > play.

Ultratech

So playing around with some stuff, and my Party Frames seem broke for LFD.

Not sure what's causing it exactly, but they refuse to show up unless I set up Raid Frames for the party. Just annoying. May have to play around with it.

Ran the new Scholomance yesterday. Kinda hate how they made it more linear now, but I guess you can't really get lost anymore.

Un. Fucking. Believable.

This morning I went AFK for about 10 minutes to watch a video on YouTube. I have WoW on windowed mode and NPCScan set up to alert me even if it's in the background. When I tabbed back in, I look over and see a dead TLPD — it had spawned not 10 feet away from me and some rogue ran up and killed it. Great job, NPCScan. Ugh...

So tonight, about 5 minutes ago, I was patrolling the Storm Peaks on my priest and my NPCScan went off. There TLPD was! I finally found it! As I'm getting ready to attack, some fucking hunter hits it first and proceeds to kill it. I was RIGHT there. I had it.

A video game hasn't made me this enraged in a long, long time.

Ouch. That sucks.

I haven't had luck with finding TLPD either. Seen Vyragosa a couple of times, but no TLPD.

No doubt it's gotta hurt being right there when it happens. :(

Magnus

So playing around with some stuff, and my Party Frames seem broke for LFD.

Not sure what's causing it exactly, but they refuse to show up unless I set up Raid Frames for the party. Just annoying. May have to play around with it.

Ran the new Scholomance yesterday. Kinda hate how they made it more linear now, but I guess you can't really get lost anymore.

Ouch. That sucks.

I haven't had luck with finding TLPD either. Seen Vyragosa a couple of times, but no TLPD.

No doubt it's gotta hurt being right there when it happens. :(

I've noticed that since 5.0 hit, the game has been referring to all parties as a 'raid group'. You have joined the raid group, it'll say, even if it's just a five man. Some setting got fucked up. For me, XPerl recognized these groups as raids as well, and my setting in that mod is to not show the party if I'm in a raid. I unchecked that again until the error is fixed with the game, and I can see my party frames again.

Perhaps something similar is happening with you?

Entropia

No One Remembers
I've noticed that since 5.0 hit, the game has been referring to all parties as a 'raid group'. You have joined the raid group, it'll say, even if it's just a five man. Some setting got fucked up. For me, XPerl recognized these groups as raids as well, and my setting in that mod is to not show the party if I'm in a raid. I unchecked that again until the error is fixed with the game, and I can see my party frames again.

Perhaps something similar is happening with you?

Yeah, I had that problem as well. So bloody annoying :(!

Westlo

Gem sales are pretty nuts on Frostmourne, wish I had prepared for it but my focus was on Inscription on my Horde characters. Also the guild rep/leveling changes sure crashed the price of guilds down, saw a level 25 guild going for 50k on trade. That was probably worth 500k before this patch... Also so annoyed I don't have Glyph of the Stag.. damn rng.. I reckon that would've sold as well as Stars...

Edit - Transferred about 10 full stacks of some of the more popular glyphs from Horde to Alliance.. never thought I'll ever get in a "Overcut" War... lol.

Rokam

Gem sales are pretty nuts on Frostmourne, wish I had prepared for it but my focus was on Inscription on my Horde characters. Also the guild rep/leveling changes sure crashed the price of guilds down, saw a level 25 guild going for 50k on trade. That was probably worth 500k before this patch... Also so annoyed I don't have Glyph of the Stag.. damn rng.. I reckon that would've sold as well as Stars...

Edit - Transferred about 10 full stacks of some of the more popular glyphs from Horde to Alliance.. never thought I'll ever get in a "Overcut" War... lol.

There's a bug alliance side that makes it so you can level a guild super fast. Or you can do what I posted over the course of a weekend. Shorter if you have more people.

scoobs

Finally in almost full 397 tanking gear on my blood dk... good god blook dks are OP right now. Just chilling at about 50k dps in this dungeon

Top Bottom