• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Rokam

Pretty sure the Hodir turn ins are probably going to get nerfed. Seeing quite a few people farming it now, as well as posts popping up on other forums. So get it done while you can! Speaking of which, Yanger if it's possible to get an invite to AM (social rank) still I'd be most grateful!

TheYanger

Pretty sure the Hodir turn ins are probably going to get nerfed. Seeing quite a few people farming it now, as well as posts popping up on other forums. So get it done while you can! Speaking of which, Yanger if it's possible to get an invite to AM (social rank) still I'd be most grateful!

Yup just hit me up with character name!
There are lots of turnins that are breaking guild rep/xp, not just the hodir one.

Rokam

Yup just hit me up with character name!
There are lots of turnins that are breaking guild rep/xp, not just the hodir one.

The alliance one will surely be getting nerfed. But apparently on Tichondrius horde are camping the npc so they can't do it anymore lol.

Chris R

I'm slow at this RAF thing dual boxing, but finally made it to Outlands!

Just hope that the quest item drop thing picks up soon, otherwise I'll just sit in org and queue instances :| Loved how EVERYONE could loot the quest items from every mob every time they dropped. Getting those 12 blood for both characters took twice as long as it should :<

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The change to the guild rep system was a subtle way of removing it.

Robin64

People right now are getting guilds to 25 in a matter of hours using Gerard Tiller in Elwynn Forest. The area is packed on my server.

Fjordson

Some very awesome fanart.

usiaW.jpg

TwTVK.jpg

So awesome. Especially that second one.

(btw, slightly off-topic, but I bloody love all your Evangeline Lilly avatars)

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops

From WoWhead.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=255/gerard-tiller#comments

This guy has a repeatable quest you can turn in over and over on low level characters (level one works).

This quest currently gives 60,000 Guild XP and all it requires is 1xRefreshing Spring Water Refreshing Spring Water. You can powerlevel your guild insanely fast with this quest (go from 1 to 25 in a few hours solo).

The repeatable quest is: Give Gerard a Drink Give Gerard a Drink

Cipherr

Your character has to be low level. Relics of Ulduar is the trick for high level characters.

Does anyone know how much guild rep the turnings for this gives? Trying to gauge if it would be worth it. Dont want to farm those things if Id be better off just questing.

OMG lol, the guild xp glitch was just hotfixed. Someone near the guy was like "Holy shit run!" Like a million level 1's scattered like roaches, hilarious

Rokam

Does anyone know how much guild rep the turnings for this gives? Trying to gauge if it would be worth it. Dont want to farm those things if Id be better off just questing.

OMG lol, the guild xp glitch was just hotfixed. Someone near the guy was like "Holy shit run!" Like a million level 1's scattered like roaches, hilarious

Same as questing 375 with the Guild Tabard, it honestly comes down to preference. Dailies or dungeons. But I'd check to make sure it still works, no telling if they hotfixed it though I don't see why they would as it actually takes time or gold instead of just buying water :p.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Same as questing 375 with the Guild Tabard, it honestly comes down to preference. Dailies or dungeons. But I'd check to make sure it still works, no telling if they hotfixed it though I don't see why they would as it actually takes time or gold instead of just buying water :p.

The Relics of Ulduar thing still worked like a hour ago.. i went from 0% to 50% honored with my guild with 180 of them and the 100% rep guild tabard. AOE loot is fucking great for that. :p

JCizzle

Un. Fucking. Believable.

This morning I went AFK for about 10 minutes to watch a video on YouTube. I have WoW on windowed mode and NPCScan set up to alert me even if it's in the background. When I tabbed back in, I look over and see a dead TLPD &#8212; it had spawned not 10 feet away from me and some rogue ran up and killed it. Great job, NPCScan. Ugh...

So tonight, about 5 minutes ago, I was patrolling the Storm Peaks on my priest and my NPCScan went off. There TLPD was! I finally found it! As I'm getting ready to attack, [I]some fucking hunter hits it first and proceeds to kill it[/I]. I was RIGHT there. I had it.

[IMG]

A video game hasn't made me this enraged in a long, [I]long[/I] time.[/QUOTE]

I know it sucks, but your reaction in that top picture is perfect, yet hilarious.

[quote="Strafer, post: 41647553"]Some very awesome fanart.

[IMG]

[IMG][/QUOTE]

Those are incredible, holy shit.

---

As a side note, I'm really struggling with Arms vs. Fury for my Warrior's off-spec (he's my main). Fury is awesome, but paying for two enchants + waiting for two drops kinda sucks. The enrage mechanic for Fury, at least in Cata, was also way too RNG for my taste - but it seems like the RNG is a bit smoother in MOP?

For one of my alts, it's down to Enhancement Shaman (geared through LFR DS) and a Hunter I'm leveling. Hunter was my first class and I raided MC with it, so I may pick it back up for nostalgia.

---

Last edit: seriously fuck having to pay separately for talent & specialization respecs now. Ugh.

Touch

I'm back to leveling my Lock. It's so different now. Leveling in Demo spec at the moment have no idea what I'm doing but doing decent DPS some how.

JCizzle

I'm back to leveling my Lock. It's so different now. Leveling in Demo spec at the moment have no idea what I'm doing but doing decent DPS some how.

Pets do pretty crazy damage for my level 73 Lock, not sure if it may be the same for yours.

Fjordson

Your character has to be low level. Relics of Ulduar is the trick for high level characters.
So can you just farm these? Like out in Storm Peaks? Little fuzzy on the whole guild rep thing, I stepped away from the game for a while right as this was being implemented.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So can you just farm these? Like out in Storm Peaks? Little fuzzy on the whole guild rep thing, I stepped away from the game for a while right as this was being implemented.

If you want to farm guild rep, you can just spam through Halls of Lightning and turn in the quests. It's not appreciably different than just doing the same number of quests, it's just repeatable, or if you have a lot of relics of ulduar you can spam a lot of guild rep fast.

Guild level, perks and reputations were probably the most regrettable decision they've made in years. I can see why they're backing off it so quickly.

Fjordson

If you want to farm guild rep, you can just spam through Halls of Lightning and turn in the quests. It's not appreciably different than just doing the same number of quests, it's just repeatable, or if you have a lot of relics of ulduar you can spam a lot of guild rep fast.

Guild level, perks and reputations were probably the most regrettable decision they've made in years. I can see why they're backing off it so quickly.
Which quests do you mean? Inside HoL?

Fjordson

Have to unlock the Sons of Hodir in Storm Peaks. So will have to do a little bit of questing.
I actually do have their dailies unlocked. Barely remember it, but I got exalted with them back during Wrath. I just had no clue Relics of Ulduar gave you guild rep. I've been wanting some BoA helms for a while :

edit: Oh wow, running HoL now. Getting a crazy amount relics. Damn.

Touch

Pets do pretty crazy damage for my level 73 Lock, not sure if it may be the same for yours.
I'm only level 47. I'm not even completely sure how to use the pets correctly. I just let them do whatever. I guess I should use their abilities more.

Are the warcraft books any good? I'm not a literary snob, but I wouldn't buy something that was written like fanfiction.

I wouldn't say they're written like fanfiction because Blizzard does have the reign over their content and they don't stray too far into WTFland. They are pretty easy reads though. I completed Tides of War in two days.

There is a bit of a debate though as to the quality of Knaak's books versus Golden's. I don't mind Knaak's but I agree with most people that Christie Golden's tend to be better.

Tides of War Spoiler:
I hate gnomes but I won't lie that when I see Windle Sparkshine light the lamps in Dal, my allergies might flare up.

Cipherr

So that ghastly old full screen bloom crap seems like its on permanently now. Anyone notice that? Maybe its my imagination, but in certain places anything remotely bright is bloomed to hell, and theres seemingly no way to disable it.

Edit: YEP typing: /console set ffxGlow "0"

disables that bullshit and everything looks great again. Jesus what the fuck were they thinking with that. Give us a freaking toggle on the UI for christs sake.

Dot50Cal

Banned
The guild rep is 60,000 guild exp for all dailies, so Id say just go do molten front stuff, its quicker than farming relics of ulduar imo.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
These things can't come soon enough. It sucks looking at races from 8 years ago with terribly low res textures and polygons. But it seems they still barely started on them. =/

Also, it's actually 11~ years old. Previews of WoW from 2001 have the same models for Orcs and Taurens as they do now. They had that proto-human model for a bit, but in 2002 is when the final Human model came about.

Game was developed alongside Warcraft 3. I personally want a major re-haul if Blizzards next MMO is still not coming out for a while yet. Though I doubt it will happen, one of the charms is the low requirements.

Westlo

It's grunt work, and they should hire contract workers to get it done in 6 months.

They could probably have it done by now if they wanted to, but why when MOP will sell like hotcakes regardless. Save it for a content patch (say 5.2?) to give it a lot of extra oomph and to help stop the bleeding of subs like Cata.

Also alot of people will race change to pandas due to racials, when they get nerfed and the old models are updated a lot of them will change back.

Dresden

Been leveling up my druid with a friend using RAF, and I love them a ton--especially Balance.

Also, being able to sit down, and just do like half a dozen quests + 3 or 4 dungeons to go from 58~65 really feels good.

sazzy

Getting such awesome personality out of low poly models (like goblins and pandas) takes a lot of skill. You can't just farm it out to some Chinese model factory.

The main art and animation team just has to make the new models once.

Most of the work is getting every piece of gear to fit on those models.

RPGCrazied

Is there any way to increase object/mob rendering distance? Maybe its my connection, but I have under 70ms. Its like mobs spawn when I'm not even 5 feet away, sometimes they won't show up until I'm right on them. Same thing with objects like trees and other stuff. I have everything on Ultra. Just a little jarring when I can see a whole zone, but its empty. lol

Ultratech

I've noticed that since 5.0 hit, the game has been referring to all parties as a 'raid group'. You have joined the raid group, it'll say, even if it's just a five man. Some setting got fucked up. For me, XPerl recognized these groups as raids as well, and my setting in that mod is to not show the party if I'm in a raid. I unchecked that again until the error is fixed with the game, and I can see my party frames again.

Perhaps something similar is happening with you?

That could be it. I'll have to play around with it and see if that's the issue, since I do use Xperl.

Are pet battles not in yet? I see the trainer, but he gives nothing.

Not yet, but funny enough, I found a Wild Pet while I was in Winterspring yesterday doing Timbermaw rep (which was stupid easy to get Exalted; took me like an hour I guess?).
I got all excited seeing the paw mark on the map, then remembered I can't battle. :(

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
If you do Halls of Lightning to farm for Relics of Ulduar, you better be careful in that corridor with the statues coming back to life... near the end, if you get feared, you might go through walls and end up somewhere weird like me :

eIABD.jpg

Top Bottom