• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Chris R

What am I missing now?

Actually wasnt as good as I thought. Basically there was a room with fast respawning 80 elites that you could AOE down with an 85 while your RAF was sitting in a safe nearby place getting exp. Only getting 1.6k exp per kill on my 68, I mean I could just do it that way but questing also gets the pally I want to keep to 80 too.

Fjordson

Probably way too excited about this, but I finally got my first spirit beast pet on my hunter! Was flying around Northrend with NPCScan and was on my way to camp out for the bear (Arcturis I think his name is) but on my way I stumbled upon Gondria in Zul'Drak. Looks awesome =D

I've done over 100 bgs this past week alone, make the pain stop.

Why do you torture yourself so? And randoms or specific queues?

General thoughts on BGs?

The new Mists ones seem pretty interesting, but I feel like people will still gravitate towards the older, more popular ones. Doesn't help that the new ones are 85(90?)+ only.

I mean, WSG is okay, but Twin Peaks is a superior map, and unfortunately it doesn't come up nearly as much. Battle for Gilneas is an acceptable substitute for AB, but AB is probably slightly better.

Everyone knows Strand is shit and completely broken (unless it has been fixed recently - still a bad BG either way.) IoC is interesting, but also hardly ever pops up. I probably played it more on the test realm than I ever have on live.

Eye of the Storm is pretty good. AV is just a tragedy though. It's still interesting, but there's so much unused that it's a shell of its former self. It'd be nice if they fixed it to actually require the secondary objectives, or made a similar, new BG (IoC didn't quite fit the bill.)

One thing that bugs me about pretty much all the BGs is that they're pretty much all completely open fields. Yeah, that's how most WoW combat is, but it'd be fun if there was a BG that had more positional/elevation play, similar to how the towers and bunkers in AV can be fought over. More platforms basically. Possibly a labyrinth that you could fall into? Like the one in Blackfathom Deeps.

IsayFever

Why do you torture yourself so? And randoms or specific queues?

General thoughts on BGs?

The new Mists ones seem pretty interesting, but I feel like people will still gravitate towards the older, more popular ones. Doesn't help that the new ones are 85(90?)+ only.

I mean, WSG is okay, but Twin Peaks is a superior map, and unfortunately it doesn't come up nearly as much. Battle for Gilneas is an acceptable substitute for AB, but AB is probably slightly better.

Everyone knows Strand is shit and completely broken (unless it has been fixed recently - still a bad BG either way.) IoC is interesting, but also hardly ever pops up. I probably played it more on the test realm than I ever have on live.

Eye of the Storm is pretty good. AV is just a tragedy though. It's still interesting, but there's so much unused that it's a shell of its former self. It'd be nice if they fixed it to actually require the secondary objectives, or made a similar, new BG (IoC didn't quite fit the bill.)

One thing that bugs me about pretty much all the BGs is that they're pretty much all completely open fields. Yeah, that's how most WoW combat is, but it'd be fun if there was a BG that had more positional/elevation play, similar to how the towers and bunkers in AV can be fought over. More platforms basically. Possibly a labyrinth that you could fall into? Like the one in Blackfathom Deeps.

I torture myself to attempt to get the 250,000 honorable kill achievement. I only random queue and play whatever comes up. Being a Conqueror and near Battlemaster gives me the freedom to somewhat play whatever comes up and not worry about reputation grinds. I enjoy pvp quite a bit from a healer standpoint, but with the Mists patch put in it's quite ridiculous to be a healer and just never die.

I have never really questioned BG design outside of the obvious design flaws of Eye of the Storm, or the generally broken mechanics of the vehicles in both Isle of Conquest and Strand of the Ancients. Can also tack Wintergrasp on that list to be fair. In my 8ish years of Wow experience I've always enjoyed Warsong Gulch more than anything in the game, and I wish they would put the graveyard back on top, because where it sits now is too easily camped if you're being stomped and it's generally impossible to save a flag carrier if you're bleeding support on them. Though I guess that's the rationale behind the graveyard relocation to begin with.

Although I really wish world pvp would make a comeback. In the days before bgs we spent quite a bit of time controlling the flow of traffic in and out of Blackrock Mountain which always led to some of my more memorable moments in this game. Many people from my guild hit rank 11+ before battlegrounds were implemented, and a few of them won the tabard contest, but sadly do not play these days.

Teletraan1

Banned
Today I re-logged into WoW proper (I've only been playing a bit of the beta from time to time and just some panda stuff) after so many months and I felt so lost. So many changes, some of which I didn't exactly like. At a glance, the glyph choices seem weaker than what I remember sporting before for my holy paladin.

Went to Scarlet Monastery since I saw a new kill achievement in the list and found it completely changed. Maybe it's the rose tinted glasses, but I haven't liked the changes they did to it. The secret named in the chapel was dead in his cubicle =( And the invisible walls on some places where you'd expect to be able to jump through the openings.

I haven't really dug any of the updated dungeons. They just seem all so bland and are completely devoid of the charm of the originals. I did the new low level Scholomance yesterday and wasn't too impressed. It seemed too whimsical in there vs how dark and dank it used to be. I loved the atmosphere of the original. The problem with the original was mob placement, not tone and art.

mclem

Greeding what? Epics for maelstrom crystals?

Alts and offspecs. DEs just go into the guild bank for free enchants.

It's been a few days later, and I'm liking my prot pally a whole lot more now. I've got a handle on the priority queue although I'm still missing things occasionally; need to work on that. More importantly, I'm taking a ton less damage than my various tanking buddies. Dunno if that's prot pally being overpowered or just me having got a better feel for my changes than the others as yet.

Based on something i saw on reddit, its dropping 100% in both and is intended to? Idk, its all very confusing.

After a fucking YEAR of farming... it is finally mine!!

wowscrnshot090412010258.jpg

I'm fucking jealous. I want that SO BAD. I've killed Rivendare at least 100 something times so far.

Not gonna lie, the 300% xp bonus from RAF actually makes questing enjoyable. No more rounding up long chains of hubs to turn them in one after another like a drone. We just pick and choose and go on our merry way.

I did RAF with a friend, but it didn't link our accounts. Blizzard is now giving us a ton of trouble about even getting the accounts linked. For a company as big as blizzard, one that claims it cares about the people who play it's games, their customer service is fucking TERRIBLE>

Ultratech

Based on something i saw on reddit, its dropping 100% in both and is intended to? Idk, its all very confusing.

wowscrnshot090412010258.jpg

Very nice. Congrats!

I haven't been bothered to go mount farming again yet.
I'm getting close to the 100 mount achievement and I could get it easily if I bothered to do the Argent Tournament stuff, but it kinda sucks after a while.

Grats! I've considered farming this, but I'd feel guilty spending so much time on something that doesn't even fly and is so easily attainable with a Horde character.

Maybe once I'm done with all the Argent dailies and the Nether Ray rep grind I'll have more motivation.

btw, they fixed the Rag mount drop yesterday.

Enosh

Maybe once I'm done with all the Argent dailies
haha
they never end, they go into infinity, once you are done with one bam 3 new factions pop up to suck the soul out of you

3 more days left to finish the elves then I finally get the damn tittle and mount, can't wait to fly across half of northrend to get them some god damn blade 3 more times, christ i wonder what they do with them probably stockpiling them in some basement -.-

haha
they never end, they go into infinity, once you are done with one bam 3 new factions pop up to suck the soul out of you

3 more days left to finish the elves then I finally get the damn tittle and mount, can't wait to fly across half of northrend to get them some god damn blade 3 more times, christ i wonder what they do with them probably stockpiling them in some basement -.-
hahaha

I'm pretty sure you can get the two hippogryph mounts and the unicorn mount without having to get the Crusader title, right? Just need Exalted with Silver Covenant? (I can't check wow sites here at work because they are blocked)

I'm probably one of the few crazies who did enough Argent dailies to buy all the fucking mounts and companions.
both factions? :p

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I'm probably one of the few crazies who did enough Argent dailies to buy all the fucking mounts and companions.

Enosh

hahaha
I'm pretty sure you can get the two hippogryph mounts and the unicorn mount without having to get the Crusader title, right? Just need Exalted with Silver Covenant? (I can't check wow sites here at work because they are blocked)
yeah you can get them without having crusader, but to get exalted with the SC guys I had to go through about 3 and a half factions, might as well go the extra mile at that point and get crusader, since if you want all 3 mounts you need some 400 crusader marks anyway, i am at 180ish with 3 days to go and get about 12 per day now (not doing the ToC heroic, can't solo that one and isn't that easy to find people for it), so for 400 you'll need about 2 months, give or take, might as well do all the valiant ones because they are kinda on the way while doing the champion ones, plus when you get crusader you get 2 more dailies for marks iirc

and a cool tittle ^^

ampere

I did them long enough to get the mounts, the argent squire bridle, and tabard. I bought the pets on the AH whenever I saw them for cheap enough during Wrath.

Ultratech

So...been playing with Control Undead on my DK.

Fun stuff when you can actually use it. SFK has a bunch of Undead you can control and End Time has some mobs you can control as well.

The funniest was me grabbing one of the big dudes before Sylvanas. For reference, they're about 2x the size of most characters. (Also had a whopping 660K+ HP.) Unfortunately, he bugged on me when I warped to Blaine's place (apparently, it broke MC and he got stuck trying to climb out of the previous area, attempting to come after me...or so my party said).

Ended up having to kill myself to break combat since I couldn't warp back.

I imagine this will be mad fun to use in Northrend (or even better, ICC for the all the Undead crap in there).

How's the Tide of War book? Got it ordered on the way.

Not bad - predictable for the most part. Obviously focuses more on Jaina so there's some things on the side that they don't go in depth with that you hope you'll see more of in game. Still, I enjoyed it for knowing more details and it pumps me up to see how things play out in the Theramore scenario.

Also how they plan to treat
Org after the events. It becomes a much more hostile place towards those who don't share Garosh's vision.

Btw, they released the list of places for the midnight launch events. Anyone plan on going? Might be at the Irvine event if I can find parking. That place is a nightmare when packed.

RPGCrazied

Not bad - predictable for the most part. Obviously focuses more on Jaina so there's some things on the side that they don't go in depth with that you hope you'll see more of in game. Still, I enjoyed it for knowing more details and it pumps me up to see how things play out in the Theramore scenario.

Also how they plan to treat
Org after the events. It becomes a much more hostile place towards those who don't share Garosh's vision.

Btw, they released the list of places for the midnight launch events. Anyone plan on going? Might be at the Irvine event if I can find parking. That place is a nightmare when packed.

Thanks. I ordered it today with the CE of Mists. Don't think this will be in short supply like past CE's. You can still buy Cataclysm's CE on Amazon. But for the life of me, still can't find Wrath anywhere. Its like $250 on Amazon.

Thanks. I ordered it today with the CE of Mists. Don't think this will be in short supply like past CE's. You can still buy Cataclysm's CE on Amazon. But for the life of me, still can't find Wrath anywhere. Its like $250 on Amazon.

Ya know... I'm not sure about the Mists CE. I think they can safely print less of the actual CEs this time seeing as the digital CE grabs the people who were on the fence but were only interested in the extra pet and mount. Subscription numbers appear to remain stable but I question how many people are just as hardcore about it.

Either way, buying it right away never hurts. I remember seeing a TON of Wrath CEs around for a good year or so after that launched. I think I even saw some in the months leading up to Cata for regular price. Now... yeah, not as lucky. :/

RPGCrazied

Ya know... I'm not sure about the Mists CE. I think they can safely print less of the actual CEs this time seeing as the digital CE grabs the people who were on the fence but were only interested in the extra pet and mount. Subscription numbers appear to remain stable but I question how many people are just as hardcore about it.

Either way, buying it right away never hurts. I remember seeing a TON of Wrath CEs around for a good year or so after that launched. I think I even saw some in the months leading up to Cata for regular price. Now... yeah, not as lucky. :/

I mainly do it for the Artbooks and Soundtracks. I'm a sucker for those. I want to retire my deathwing mousepad for the new one that comes in the Mists CE.

For me, it's about the art book and the pet/mount. I also like the fun physical trinkets included in other Blizzard CEs.

I don't care about mouse pads but I thought the SCII and DIII USB drives (Raynor dog tags and soul stone respectively) were really creative and fun.

I bought the Cata CE (and the SC2 and D3 one!), but I think I have to pass on the Mists one. Money is tight, and though I enjoy the art books and soundtracks a lot, the mount and pet aren't compelling enough to drop an extra $40 when that's 2+ months worth of sub fees.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I wish buying the damn expansion would give a month free. -_-

You'd think paying for the game for a 9-10 month dry period would be enough to warrant some sort of discount.

syoaran

So apparently paladins wielding H Gurth after the Ultraxion encounter get to wield Ashbringer. Snapped this right after our kill last night

It's a spell, lasts about 12seconds. Every paladin can get it. Kinda cool if you are Holy, welding a 2h Ashbringer + sheild.

IsayFever

It's a spell, lasts about 12seconds. Every paladin can get it. Kinda cool if you are Holy, welding a 2h Ashbringer + sheild.

Interesting as apparently I was the only one who could see it, and it lasted for several hours afterward when we were doing things.

RPGCrazied

I guess my realm has the cross server thing. I was in Borean Tundra and I saw a few people with * in the name, along with server name. We needed it, almost all zones were ghosts towns. Even the 85 zones.

Entropia

No One Remembers
So apparently paladins wielding H Gurth after the Ultraxion encounter get to wield Ashbringer. Snapped this right after our kill last night

Also played around on my resto druid in there as well, actually got lucky for once!

Please ignore those DPS meters, ugh :(

Enosh

well made another space goat, this time a priest
automatic gaining of spells as you level is the best thing ever in the history of wow

really wanted to make a belf but the horde population on my server is pretty much dead and if I ever do get to max level I want to be able to do some pugs :(

antonz

So LFR RNG actually worked against me to the maximum potential today. Kill Madness of Deathwing and dont even get a gold bag.

Rokam

So LFR RNG actually worked against me to the maximum potential today. Kill Madness of Deathwing and dont even get a gold bag.

RNG screwed me too, got 2 tanks on Ultraxion that couldn't click a button. Replaced them with 2 tanks... that couldn't click a button.

RPGCrazied

Is there a mod that blocks privates to people not on your friends list? I'm so tired of guild invite privates. I get them in the middle of nowhere in a zone sometimes.

Top Bottom