• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Speaking of LFR, Morchok's stomp is doing an insane amount of damage right now. It honestly feels like it's doing more damage in LFR than in Heroic.

[edit]

I just looked it up, it actually is doing more damage in LFR than in Heroic. That's insane. lol

sazzy

It's kinda been like that since the 25% nerfs. : You can feasibly clear H DS quicker than it would be to trudge through LFR lol

I had trouble resto druiding lfr couple of days after patch. So used to add ons now and they were buggy so couldnt use them.

But I'm also a pretty casual player so it didn't bother me really. I don't have any problem healing now though.

I am having trouble tanking cata dungeons though. I suspect the changes to tanking is what is causing casual players trouble right now.

JCizzle

This is random, but does anyone know if there is a site that will let you view gear on Panda models yet? I'm curious to see how my Rogue would look since I've been itching to move one of my Horde to alliance so I can experience different content. However, I don't want to if it will look too weird.

ampere

This is random, but does anyone know if there is a site that will let you view gear on Panda models yet? I'm curious to see how my Rogue would look since I've been itching to move one of my Horde to alliance so I can experience different content. However, I don't want to if it will look too weird.

http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-sets

Click a set and then click 'View in 3D' and you can select a race/sex combo to view the gear on.

I'm a fan of how tier 9 alliance looks on the Pandaren :)
http://www.wowhead.com/transmog-set=1004#.
mOQ4P.png

*not to scale the males are taller

ampere

Cross-realm enabled for my server today.

KJzQd.png

wat

We got it too

Also multiple Tol Barad announcements in succession, Wintergrasp fluctuating between Horde/Alliance control during battle, someone getting Battered Hilt reward or Algalon quest every hour

lol, it is neat though, will be even nicer when the bugs are reduced

sazzy

People seem to he hating the cross realm zone change. Edit- on b.net forums

I think its pointless unless there's a game wide common AH.

As it is, you're competing for resources without a competing AH.

I don't really care either way though.

Game-wide AH would just fuck things up for everybody - similar situation that D3 has (though probably better off since WoW's economy is more stable).

Maybe Auction Houses connected similar to Battlegroups for low-pop realms, but certainly not game wide.

Rokam

People seem to he hating the cross realm zone change. Edit- on b.net forums

I think its pointless unless there's a game wide common AH.

As it is, you're competing for resources without a competing AH.

I don't really care either way though.

Don't read the WoW forums, ever.

Guess I'm switching to 2H Frost, got Gurthalak from LFR. Want to buy helm for 4 piece.

Tarazet

I've been working on Netherwing rep to get the dragon mount. I feel like a boss when I beat everyone else to an egg by patrolling in all the nooks and crannies.

I spent a lot of time working on my Druid's caster gear before the patch, but since then, I've been tanking dungeons and I already have a higher item level on my bear gear than I do on my turkey gear. Probably will be around ilevel 390 by the time the patch rolls around. By the way, I think they did something to correct tank threat production in the past day or two. I'm no longer having our Warlock peel mobs off of me as I do my normal Swipe-Mangle-Thrash AoE rotation, and I'm seeing numbers in the thousands of % like I used to pre-patch once I get stacks of Vengeance going. As a result, I no longer risk dropping threat if I have to take a moment to reposition and pick up another mob that's outside my immediate AoE range.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I've been working on Netherwing rep to get the dragon mount. I feel like a boss when I beat everyone else to an egg by patrolling in all the nooks and crannies.

I spent a lot of time working on my Druid's caster gear before the patch, but since then, I've been tanking dungeons and I already have a higher item level on my bear gear than I do on my turkey gear. Probably will be around ilevel 390 by the time the patch rolls around. By the way, I think they did something to correct tank threat production in the past day or two. I'm no longer having our Warlock peel mobs off of me as I do my normal Swipe-Mangle-Thrash AoE rotation, and I'm seeing numbers in the thousands of % like I used to pre-patch once I get stacks of Vengeance going. As a result, I no longer risk dropping threat if I have to take a moment to reposition and pick up another mob that's outside my immediate AoE range.

Is anyone else even looking? I spent a few hours getting a few and just stopped farming those completely a year ago. Waste of time IMO when it's guaranteed to be less time spent split over 14 days. I'd get a few while questing tho.

Tarazet

Is anyone else even looking? I spent a few hours getting a few and just stopped farming those completely a year ago. Waste of time IMO when it's guaranteed to be less time spent split over 14 days. I'd get a few while questing tho.

Yeah, I saw people all over the area. Many of them already had the mount, which I thought was kind of odd, since the Netherwing Egg binds on pickup and so it can't be sold on the AH, so if they were farming, it was for nothing..

Acidote

Remember that your mount is transformed to a Netherwing Drake as soon as you enter the zone, maybe they didn't really had it yet.

scoobs

netherdrakes were the very first mounts i got when i decided to go for 100 mounts. That grind sucked but when u finally reach exalted its awesome. I never use those mounts anymore, but man theyre cool

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Ah, I see. I'm a Druid so I didn't realize that, since I was just using my flight form.

lololol

"Man why are all these people on netherdrakes trying to get netherdrakes?"

I think my server got put on the cross realm thing just today, the nether ledge was packed today. I don't even think it'll take 3-4 more days to get exalted and I started on Friday. I don't really pay attention, but it seems to me that Reputation got a boost with this patch. Every daily quest for rep is giving 300-460 rep per turn ins.

I hope that world spawned stuff is specific to your own server. You don't really need 3 servers worth of people competing for netherdrake eggs/ore/herbs.

I like the cross realm stuff so far though. It was a lot of Illidan horde, which is the most populated horde server, on Sargeras, the most populated Alliance server. Having some world PVP is fun, it's why I chose a PVP server. Running a train on my OPaladin was like good ol' days.

mclem

15% on the final tendon on Spine last week. Getting *so* close.

I've been wondering if there's a way to work on achievements in Dragon Soul *without* sacrificing heroic progression.

For a while I'd been of the mindset that pushing achievements would - through necessity - mean we couldn't spawn Heroic Madness and work on him, but I think I may have stumbled on a workaround, and I'm wondering if people can see flaws in it.

The factors (if people can sanity-check them for correctness!):

* Heroic Madness only spawns if you have beaten all previous fights on heroic in that raid lockout.
* Doing achievements is generally (at least in the cases for the two most of us are missing!) easier in Normal
* If you are saved to a heroic lockout, you cannot join a different heroic lockout for that week. If you are saved to a normal lockout, you *can*.
* We already have Maybe He'll Get Dizzy and Chromatic Champion, the achievements for Spine and Madness.

So here's my hypothesis:

Week 1: Play through the raid on heroic as normal. When you run out of time for the week on heroics, drag in an alt *and get it saved*. That should be on Spine if we've been progressing well, although it might just be Madness this week!

Week 2: *ONLY* play on Normal - important that we don't do any heroics (therefore, we'll be sacrificing the gear from the farm content, but in many cases that's not much of a sacrifice). Get the required achievements. When we get to Spine, extend the *alt's* raid lockout and join that raid.

Now I think, in principle:

* We have only done normals this week, so we can freely join a heroic raid lockout.
* Since that heroic raid lockout has all previous bosses killed in heroic, we *can* spawn Heroic Madness.

We get the best of both worlds, and we don't sacrifice a week of progression in the name of achievements, while still helping people get the mounts they've been pushing for.

Edit: In fact, with a little tweak we'd only be sacrificing the loot from the front end of the instance. We could still do heroic Ultraxion onwards, I think.

Fjordson

The Pandaren models are really great. Nice animations and a ton of personality. Almost tempted to race change one of my 85's.

Been said a million times before, but the updated models for old races will be such a welcomed change. There's honestly a big difference in my eyes between the original models and something like a Goblin or the Pandaren.

scoobs

The Pandaren models are really great. Nice animations and a ton of personality. Almost tempted to race change one of my 85's.

Been said a million times before, but the updated models for old races will be such a welcomed change. There's honestly a big difference in my eyes between the original models and something like a Goblin or the Pandaren.

worgen put every race to shame. when i turn my worgen into a human its like im going back in time in graphics technology

sazzy

So was just doing LFR...

Group wiped twice on Ultrax trash.

Then SIX TIMES on Ultrax before I quit. At least 8 people were dying because they weren't hitting the hero button INCLUDING ONE OF THE TANKS.

This is only the second time I've tried LFR after the patch... is it really that bad with everyone? :\

JCizzle

So was just doing LFR...

Group wiped twice on Ultrax trash.

Then SIX TIMES on Ultrax before I quit. At least 8 people were dying because they weren't hitting the hero button INCLUDING ONE OF THE TANKS.

This is only the second time I've tried LFR after the patch... is it really that bad with everyone? :

lol I've been in one or two groups like that, but it's definitely not indicative of most I've done since LFR dropped. Probably just a lot of people coming back after the patch who forget the mechanics.

sazzy

lol I've been in one or two groups like that, but it's definitely not indicative of most I've done since LFR dropped. Probably just a lot of people coming back after the patch who forget the mechanics.

Me and 2-3 other people were trying to be really patient trying to explain to everyone how to hit the god damn button. But eventually we all quit together.

How hard is it seriously to hit the button? It's in the middle of your screen!!!

JCizzle

Me and 2-3 other people were trying to be really patient trying to explain to everyone how to hit the god damn button. But eventually we all quit together.

How hard is it seriously to hit the button? It's in the middle of your screen!!!

But what is this fading light thing? DBM is down and I don't know when I have it! Haha.

Ultratech

Cross-realm enabled for my server today.

KJzQd.png

wat

Yeah, I had that happen when I went to WPL to mine. I was kinda like, "WTF?".

Then my Blacksmithing Window had duplicate recipes...

netherdrakes were the very first mounts i got when i decided to go for 100 mounts. That grind sucked but when u finally reach exalted its awesome. I never use those mounts anymore, but man theyre cool

I did the whole grind way back when it was released. Forgot how long it took. The biggest pain in the ass were the races. Meteors are NOT FUN while mounted. (I swear it was pure luck I beat the races.)

What am i missing? Fucking imgur is blocked at work.

i_hug_that_feel.png

I love world PvP (although I have no PvP gear...the whole PvP separate gear system kind of sucks), but now that my server is cross-realm I can pretty much kiss any hopes of finding the TLPD goodbye :(

same goes for rare beasts.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
It spams the chat window with a bunch of skillups... "Cooking increased to 525", "Your skill in swords has increased to 1", etc.

I saw the same thing yesterday when i logged into my mage. I also said "what the fuck". :lol

Guess that means my server now has the cross realm zones? :p

I'm curious to see how much of an impact it has though. I always assumed it would just change dead low lvl zones with only 0-1 player to 6 players or something... which is nothing really.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
worgen put every race to shame. when i turn my worgen into a human its like im going back in time in graphics technology

I'll agree with respect to the actual technical aspects of models and animations, Worgens are top. Goblins are good too, even the Draenei and Blood Elfs are great model and animation wise. And the Pandaren bring it all to a whole new level.

Yet, I still prefer many of the classic races to the new ones. Sure their models are much worse than the new races, and the animations aren't as polished. But polished isn't always better to me. I can't stand how the Worgen runs, I just can't look at that for any length of time. Sure his running animation is technically better than the Night Elfs, but I love watching the NE run more. And casting animations, I just think the BE looks goofy when casting, but the little dwarf's casting moves rock. And the Tauren are still my favorite race out of them all. Sure their model is seriously lacking polygons, but I just feel like a badass when playing one. And I love the way armor and capes look on the Tauren, while capes look goofy as hell on the newer Draenei, with how they all curve up over the tails. Tauren's tails swing gracefully and soothingly. Human males are a mixed bag; I hate the look of how they run and stand, but I love their battle stance and attack animations, especially with a one hander and shield.

Even though most of the old races are technically inferior, in many regards they exude more character and feeling than the new races do.

ampere

I've been wondering if there's a way to work on achievements in Dragon Soul *without* sacrificing heroic progression.

For a while I'd been of the mindset that pushing achievements would - through necessity - mean we couldn't spawn Heroic Madness and work on him, but I think I may have stumbled on a workaround, and I'm wondering if people can see flaws in it.

* Heroic Madness only spawns if you have beaten all previous fights on heroic in that raid lockout.
* Doing achievements is generally (at least in the cases for the two most of us are missing!) easier in Normal
* If you are saved to a heroic lockout, you cannot join a different heroic lockout for that week. If you are saved to a normal lockout, you *can*.
* We already have Maybe He'll Get Dizzy and Chromatic Champion, the achievements for Spine and Madness.

So here's my hypothesis:

Week 1: Play through the raid on heroic as normal. When you run out of time for the week on heroics, drag in an alt *and get it saved*. That should be on Spine if we've been progressing well, although it might just be Madness this week!

Week 2: *ONLY* play on Normal - important that we don't do any heroics (therefore, we'll be sacrificing the gear from the farm content, but in many cases that's not much of a sacrifice). Get the required achievements. When we get to Spine, extend the *alt's* raid lockout and join that raid.

* We have only done normals this week, so we can freely join a heroic raid lockout.
* Since that heroic raid lockout has all previous bosses killed in heroic, we *can* spawn Heroic Madness.

We get the best of both worlds, and we don't sacrifice a week of progression in the name of achievements, while still helping people get the mounts they've been pushing for.

Edit: In fact, with a little tweak we'd only be sacrificing the loot from the front end of the instance. We could still do heroic Ultraxion onwards, I think.

Or you could do a full clear on normal with alts and do achievements and do all heroics with mains, account wide remember :)

The Morchok achieve is easier on heroic because you can spread out, and you can do the Hagara achieve on normal, and wipe after you get it and switch to heroic

I find this too damned funny! Those fat pands look sogoofy in that gear! :D
I know, I love it haha

Rockandrollclown

lookwhatyou'vedone

So here's my hypothesis:

At least for my group, we found the only achievement we had to turn it to normal for was "Deck Defender". Morchok's achievement is actually easier on heroic, depending on your tanking/healing ping pong pro can be tough on heroic, took us like 3 tries. Same for taste the rainbow, with how many people got survivability talents added in the patch with the nerfs, healing red/green is not that tough on heroic. Hagara, you don't actually have to beat her to get the achievement, so turn it to normal, make the chain then wipe and go back to heroic. Ultraxion can also be done on heroic with getting the achievement, provided you can dps him down in less than 6 hour of twilights. Deck defender would be almost impossible though, that one you pretty much do have to do on normal.

ampere

Ok, so maybe I'm dumb. But can someone help me understand why crit is better for frost mages than mastery?

It looks like the passive 'Shatter' has changed a little bit.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=12982

"Doubles the critical strike chance of all your spells against frozen targets plus an additional 50%."

This sounds like you would really want crit up to 25% with your Arcane Brilliance raid buff, and then crit will drop in value and another secondary stat would be better. 25% * 2 + 50% = 100% crit against frozen targets

Berordn

* Heroic Madness only spawns if you have beaten all previous fights on heroic in that raid lockout. Correct.
* Doing achievements is generally (at least in the cases for the two most of us are missing!) easier in Normal At this point you could reasonably do them all (except Holding Hands and Deck Defender, and perhaps Maybe He'll Get Dizzy depending on your healing setup) on heroic. You can still do Holding Hands in a heroic lockout though, since it doesn't involve actually killing Hagara.
* If you are saved to a heroic lockout, you cannot join a different heroic lockout for that week. If you are saved to a normal lockout, you *can*. Correct.
* We already have Maybe He'll Get Dizzy and Chromatic Champion, the achievements for Spine and Madness. Smart.

So here's my hypothesis:

This... sounds right, at the very least. I haven't played much with the raid lockouts since, but that's how I remember them being described.

Irnbru

H Spine down on our 4th shot last night, first time doing it too! Was pretty easy actually, didn't think it would be that easy. We two healed it, gotta a little crazy at the end, running on fumes healing on my priest, we would not have survived any longer, but we BL the last tendon and took it down in one shot. -feels good man- Now we just have madness left on monday and we will be done with that shitty place :) Also, lovin mah twilight harbinger along with my amani war bear finally on my priest lol

Top Bottom