• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I just don't ever use A and D in combat at least.

I used to click when I did Naxx, but I use a Naga now.

I rock this and also use a ton of keyboard shortcuts.

Razer-Naga.jpg

I don't know how you can live. A and D for strafe, Arrow Keys in the rare case I need the keyboard turning functionality, otherwise mouse all the way.

Thing is... if I was in a serious raiding guild and I took the game more seriously in general... then I would look for more efficient ways to play. As it stands now, all my filthy habits allow me to quest solo with ease and I contribute positively to my guild's runs when I go.

So I live pretty well in my own little world. Just different keystrokes for different folks. :p

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
I know the answers most likely no, gonna ask just in case. If you have alevel 40 Draenei Paladin could a Human Paladin ride the Paladin Elekks?

JCizzle

I just don't ever use A and D in combat at least.

I used to click when I did Naxx, but I use a Naga now.

Gotta bind them to strafe at least!

Yeah, it's my favorite mouse even while not gaming. using it now

I love it too and I'm on my second one, but a word of warning that I'm not happy about being on my second one. About 1.5-2 years after getting my first one, it developed this annoying issue where single clicks turned into double clicks due to a defect with how their buttons age over time. It seems to be a relatively common issue based on google searches I did at the time.

With that said, I did get the second one because I can't function without it :p

I was apprehensive as well, but it's been a few weeks and I love it.

Seems silly that it took MMO inspiration for this kind of mouse to be created. It's the best web browsing mouse I've ever used!

Also, it feels amazing. There are 3 different side panels you can switch out, so no matter the size of your hands or style of your grip there is a perfect fit for you.

I have a combination of devices I use and I wouldn't trade this setup for anything else in the world (of warcraft).

My mouse is the WoW Cataclysm Mouse. I love it. Key binds work in-game and it is much more comfortable than the Naga for me. Maybe I just have big hands or something but the Naga cramps my hand/wrist/fingers after a very short amount of play. The interface is nice too. It stores all of your character profiles within the mouse, so you can plug and play. You actually "sign in" through the software and it loads all of your characters and their individual keybinds. The keys are placed well and it is great for surfing and other games as well.
891A8122-A836-420D-A357-E0CDE8D94BAB-16445-00001B861195FCAD.jpg

0a01436964dcff4d2d17d98539358e86.jpg

Next up is my G13, a device I have come to depend on over the years. I keep 3 profiles on here which are also stored on board. The backlighting for the keyboard and G13 change color depending on which profile is active. They are switched with the press of a button. Tank is Blue, DPS is Red, and Healer is Green. I tend to bind movement and "general" commands to the gameboard (movement, open all bags, target selection, ect) and bind actions/macros to the mouse buttons. The screen usually has my Ventrilo info on it but here is a pic of my PC resources instead.
09D26320-194F-4973-A44F-5C949924E8A5-16445-00001B861CFD51E7.jpg

7FD53D87-C5B1-4F3B-8486-AE4E899F1452-16445-00001B857E7C7353.jpg

Next up is my G19 keyboard which has target marking bound to the G keys. This screen is color and cycles between stats depending on what I am doing. It switches automatically, which is nice. I don't miss /tells anymore! This also cycles colors depending on the role my character is doing (same colors as above).
3F4488F3-971D-4C72-B457-8B519053D14C-16445-00001B8627F59460.jpg

253CEA6A-6F42-4D6C-B099-9E29D0BD6394-16445-00001B8558BB76D9.jpg

7B0342BC-D75D-4308-93AA-1E3490405D87-16445-00001B856603AF83.jpg

98D770FA-A065-4407-96DA-591838BE176D-16445-00001B8571198326.jpg

And here they all are together with my triple monitor set up:
8E1E8F97-4E6E-4CB4-8BE1-4B0FE2980A5E-16445-00001B85EF965A09.jpg

PS: I still click my buttons too. Everything works together in a "free flow" way. It's pretty cool actually.

sazzy

That setup is INSANE!!!!!!!!!

on another note, I just got gold for the above-the-cap JP in my mail today. Woot.

Tarazet

Replace all of those repeat thrashes with Faerie Fires. You only want to throw a thrash on when the debuff is about ready to fall off the enemy or your Mangle, Lacerate, and Faerie Fire are on CD. The reasoning behind this is that Faerie Fire hits harder than an application of Thrash.

I like to keep the rotation simple. If I have to watch a debuff tick down, then it's dividing my attention when I should be watching health bars and making sure there are no adds chewing on my healer. I prefer to just use FFF (actually FS) every 12 seconds and Thrash every 12 seconds. It's more important to keep applying Lacerate and Mangle as frequently as possible.

Fjordson

Oh my goodness. I am so incredibly jealous of that setup. So awesome. I weep for my Samsung laptop.

Also, question about monks: did anyone put any significant beta time into their healing spec? Haven't heard much about it. Would love to make one for PvP.

Can someone please clarify the scroll of resurrection for me? Have they moved up the date for which accounts qualify yet? My friend had a few days of gametime left on his account after March 4th, 2012 and was not applicable to receive the scroll and level boost last time I tried in June. Coming up on the release of the expansion, it'd be nice for him to receive a jump in level so we both have level 80 characters.

TheYanger

That picture reminded me how much I've grown to love the G13. got it a monthish ago, took a bit to get used to it (especially feeling comfortable using the stick for movement for hours at a time) but now I can't play GW or WoW without it. So good.

mclem

I mentioned earlier about not being sure if I could reasonably spend my vast quantities of accumulated Valor; people suggested buying gems to sell, but the AH seemed swamped so I suspected it would turn a more reliable profit if I just waited for the gold conversion rather than getting myself stuck with a bunch of epic gems people don't need any more.

So I've waited it out, and I'm now 12.5k gold better off. That'll do for me! There's a new goldsink mount on the way, isn't there? What price is that, again?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Are they going to reset our justice and honor points when the expansion will release so that people dont stack the maximum amount for lvl 90 gear?

mclem

The gear is useless for tanks, since PVP gear doesn't come with Block, Parry or Dodge. And the weapons/shields/off-hands still only have one secondary stat (and are ilvl 384), so they're still not worth using in PVE. (Generally. There are exceptions but this is beyond the scope of this post.)

I'm reminded of how Resilience worked on PvE dots and magical damage back in the day; I had a PvP shield for Hydross which worked *wonders*.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Did he mention how the math on that works out? I keep throwing the numbers together, but the results aren't those.

Yeah I'm not sure how he got those numbers, asked him (it's Binkenstein, if you're familiar with him).

I view it like this:
If Lightning Bolt does 10 damage, when we score a crit we'd do 25 damage. If we were to have the banner, which increases that by an additional 20%, it should do 30 damage.

Sciz

Yeah I'm not sure how he got those numbers, asked him (it's Binkenstein, if you're familiar with him).
Oh geez. No worries about reliability, then.

I view it like this:
If Lightning Bolt does 10 damage, when we score a crit we'd do 25 damage. If we were to have the banner, which increases that by an additional 20%, it should do 30 damage.
Yeah, that's what I'd expect, but it doesn't jive with the 29 Bink's numbers suggest.

Logitech G19 keyboard

I had been planning on getting a mechanical keyboard like the Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8, but now I'm starting to think the G19 is what I should be looking at. I want something fully backlit and it's a bonus that it's customizable. I'd be willing to give up it being mechanical for the awesome screen feature.

I'm also looking at the G510 which has a cheaper LCD screen. Any advice, Eskimo? Is the screen (and the WoW software) worth it?

Also, the G19 is from 2009. Hear of any plans for a new model anytime soon that I should hold out for?

Ultratech

Wow, that setup's pretty crazy. But it looks like it'd be cool to play with.

And that mouse seems pretty awesome to hold all that information for ya.

Anywho, I finally got my ICC 25-Man Meta Achievements done last night, so I now have a frosty new drake to use.

Funny enough, Lich King ended up bugging out on us. After the first transition, Relentless Winter kept going after the platform had collapsed, and then we had to deal with all sorts of Ice Spheres, Defile, and Val'kyr all at the same time.
Surprisingly, we managed to get him down before the entire raid wiped and everyone got their achievements at the end.

I mentioned earlier about not being sure if I could reasonably spend my vast quantities of accumulated Valor; people suggested buying gems to sell, but the AH seemed swamped so I suspected it would turn a more reliable profit if I just waited for the gold conversion rather than getting myself stuck with a bunch of epic gems people don't need any more.

So I've waited it out, and I'm now 12.5k gold better off. That'll do for me! There's a new goldsink mount on the way, isn't there? What price is that, again?

Last I heard, the Reins of the Grand Expedition Yak costs 120k.

I had been planning on getting a mechanical keyboard like the Max Keyboard Nighthawk X8, but now I'm starting to think the G19 is what I should be looking at. I want something fully backlit and it's a bonus that it's customizable. I'd be willing to give up it being mechanical for the awesome screen feature.

I'm also looking at the G510 which has a cheaper LCD screen. Any advice, Eskimo? Is the screen (and the WoW software) worth it?

Also, the G19 is from 2009. Hear of any plans for a new model anytime soon that I should hold out for?

I do not feel they are a requirement at all, not even close. Any type of lcd is a luxuary, nothing more. I like the G19 but I'm glad I didn't pay full price for it. I would value it around 90-100$ (I bought it for 65$). I think the G510 is equal to the G19 TBH. The additional functionality of the color lcd is moot. Who is honestly going to watch youtube that tiny screen while sitting in front of a computer? I have 2 iPads and an iPhone next to my PC at any given time to do that stuff. I bought the G19 on sale for a breat price. If it hadn't been for that, I would've gotten a G510 without question. Honestly, the G13 and a gaming mouse are all you need. I barely use the G keys on my keyboard at all because the mouse/G13 combo is like, hundreds of key binds right there. So I would suggest getting a G13 before you get a new keyboard. Once you have one of those, you'll only use the keyboard to type. You can get a G13 pretty cheap if you watch for sales.

But yes, I enjoy having the additional abilities the lcd screens on my G19 and G13 give me. I free up space on my UI (PvP stuff mostly) and can look at stats and such without hitting a key which frees up my mouse/G13 for more important tasks related to gameplay. Once you have them they are great accents to your gaming setup, especially WoW, but it's all quality of life improvements.

All the logitech stuff supports WoW (and a slew of other games) by default. Just plug and play.

In some thread somewhere on here that I cannot seem to locate, I posted pics of the full set up. Here are pics I posted then with my old keyboard. You can see that I am flanked by ipads, which I use all the damn time while playing WoW. One is usually playing a movie and the other I surf/read/play games on while waiting for ques or whatever. A lot has changed since then, I should do new pics! We're actually selling our house and actively looking for a new one now. I'll miss this setup but I have a feeling my new one will be even better.

44c19532.jpg

c5b02aff.jpg

363e3172.jpg

Wow, that setup's pretty crazy. But it looks like it'd be cool to play with.

Honestly, it takes some getting used to. The monitors alone take 5-10 minutes to adjust to, let alone the "tank-like" controls. It's an awful lot to take in at once. My wife can't do it. It can cause a bit of sensory overload.

I use this setup for all my PC gaming and it's great. It's hard to go back to anything less once you are fully used to it!

Interesting. I still may end up getting a mechanical keyboard; some G19/G510 reviews say the keys are a bit small and feel a little mushy.

I don't really understand the appeal of the G13 (or the Razer Nostromo)...is it basically just a place to have extra key bindings?

Also, what are those wallpapers on your monitors? Looks awesome whatever it is :p

What's with the hot sauce?
hahaha yeah I love sauces but that is pretty wild

The hot sause is a small portion of my collection. I was dusting them off in batches while I was playing games :p

We were doing spring cleaning when I took those pics.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Oh. I had a theory worked out about how you used them to spice up your gaming in tough raids or something.

CODE RED: TABASCO ACTIVATED

Entropia

No One Remembers
So for those of us that are taking time off, or planning to play/level when Mists launches - what are you guys getting to prepare yourself? Food, drinks, snacks, etc?

ampere

Are they going to reset our justice and honor points when the expansion will release so that people dont stack the maximum amount for lvl 90 gear?

No, you can stack 4000 honor and justice and buy blues when you hit 90

I'm reminded of how Resilience worked on PvE dots and magical damage back in the day; I had a PvP shield for Hydross which worked *wonders*.

Yeah and resilience on KT to resist some of his mana drain heh

So for those of us that are taking time off, or planning to play/level when Mists launches - what are you guys getting to prepare yourself? Food, drinks, snacks, etc?
This is a good question, I'm going for leveling my monk 81-90 non stop so I might wanna get almost 2 meals worth of snacks lol

Top Bottom