• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
I'm kind of a boring dude when it comes to release dates now, I don't really do the all-in all-night stuff. I usually just play around in the pre-launch event and then leave the new content for the weekend when I can spend proper time on it and all the bugs have a chance to be patched.

72272-q3ad_sd.png

Entropia

No One Remembers
So my plan is probably a bunch of this:

I'm thinking something like this:

1) Make a large meal that'll last me several meals (Meatloaf, pasta, etc)

2) Get some frozen foods that take ~15-20 minutes to make. Yes, this means stuff like Pizza Pockets. But I also like frozen entrees like these.

3) I'll probably get some Monster, but I have coffee as well.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Can't believe some of you have to "prepare" for this. If i have to eat something that day, i'll eat something just like every other days of the year. I don't need to "prepare" for war or anything. :lol

Entropia

No One Remembers
Can't believe some of you have to "prepare" for this. If i have to eat something that day, i'll eat something just like every other days of the year. I don't need to "prepare" for war or anything. :lol

Meh, it's a "special occasion" so to speak.

I imagine most of us are going to be playing our toons at the wee hours of the morning and spend an inordinate amount of time awake playing the game. Most of the foods are quick and easy to make and don't require too much attention.

Bisnic

Meh, it's a "special occasion" so to speak.

I imagine most of us are going to be playing our toons at the wee hours of the morning and spend an inordinate amount of time awake playing the game. Most of the foods are quick and easy to make and don't require too much attention.

Nah, i will work at 8am, come back from work at 4pm, buy the expansion and install it, and maybe make myself a good old steak for dinner or something.

I don't feel any need to hurry up and play a lot with as little breaks as possible. The game will always be there and rushing to lvl 90 is definitely not a priority. :p

But... i guess some people REALLY want to play that much and lvl as fast as possible eh.

Irnbru

Whelp! Gonna be maining a holy paladin in mop, priest just ain't cutting it on the mana/mobility issues Im feeling doing heroic rag. Though I am switching to disc for the next time we do it since its more mobile, it still feels slow and stressed compared to my Hpaly. Woo

Nah, i will work at 8am, come back from work at 4pm, buy the expansion and install it, and maybe make myself a good old steak for dinner or something.

I don't feel any need to hurry up and play a lot with as little breaks as possible. The game will always be there and rushing to lvl 90 is definitely not a priority. :p

But... i guess some people REALLY want to play that much and lvl as fast as possible eh.

My guild plans to raid on this first tuesday of the expax, so yeah :X gotta go fast

ampere

So my plan is probably a bunch of this:

I'm thinking something like this:

1) Make a large meal that'll last me several meals (Meatloaf, pasta, etc)

2) Get some frozen foods that take ~15-20 minutes to make. Yes, this means stuff like Pizza Pockets. But I also like frozen entrees like these.

3) I'll probably get some Monster, but I have coffee as well.

I'm thinking about waking up an hour before release and making a hot breakfast, but the pasta idea sounds good for later in the day meals. I might make rice or pasta the day before and refrigerate it.

For drinks I think I'll go red bull. That was always my drink of choice for all nighters in college, just worked well for me.

Some of us are crazy and are gonna play 15+ hours in a row that day, if you're doing that there is definitely prep required :p

Bisnic

Whelp! Gonna be maining a holy paladin in mop, priest just ain't cutting it on the mana/mobility issues Im feeling doing heroic rag. Though I am switching to disc for the next time we do it since its more mobile, it still feels slow and stressed compared to my Hpaly. Woo

My guild plans to raid on this first tuesday of the expax, so yeah :X gotta go fast

The first tuesday? As in, the launch date?

Real hardcore raiders are a crazy bunch.

Going to the launch event, coming home, install, go to bed, wake up, update addons while I'm working, finish work, start questing, order pizza, play until Midnight.

I'd like to take the day off but it's not a good enough excuse to not get my stuff done. :/

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm thinking about waking up an hour before release and making a hot breakfast, but the pasta idea sounds good for later in the day meals. I might make rice or pasta the day before and refrigerate it.

For drinks I think I'll go red bull. That was always my drink of choice for all nighters in college, just worked well for me.

Some of us are crazy and are gonna play 15+ hours in a row that day, if you're doing that there is definitely prep required :p

A hot breakfast is a good idea too. Being on the east coast, I forgot I can't play until 3AM. I'll probably end up napping/sleeping till 2:30'ish and get prepared.

TheYanger

Nah, you can't this time. Gotta wait a week (Zone is closed until then). A welcome change. I'm used to having to level and clear the normal modes immediately, while still trying to gear up in heroics and stuff, the forced pace of taking the first week just to DO things is much better.

Jackben

bitch I'm taking calls.
Nah, you can't this time. Gotta wait a week (Zone is closed until then). A welcome change. I'm used to having to level and clear the normal modes immediately, while still trying to gear up in heroics and stuff, the forced pace of taking the first week just to DO things is much better.
I welcome this change.

Irnbru

No No No, week after, and yeah, its not even open till the week after, but yeah, we plan to level up and gear up enough in a week to at least get a boss down.

Nah, we are not that hardcore, more mid core :p, we just raid twice a week for 2 hours each day.

Haha, a guildie of mine has prepared himself 100 speed potions and many frozen hot pockets because he wants server first for his druid

ampere

A hot breakfast is a good idea too. Being on the east coast, I forgot I can't play until 3AM. I'll probably end up napping/sleeping till 2:30'ish and get prepared.

I'm east coast too, yeah gonna try to go to sleep around 5pm on Monday if I can.

Going for realm first monk so I want to be well rested and well fed. Worst case if I don't get it I'll still be 90 really fast.

Hey Yanger do you have any rune addons that you'd recommend? I've been using docsdebugrunes for years but I'm noticing a lot of lag when many mobs are hitting my blood shield.

It never gets updated anymore either so I'm hoping to find a good replacement. I mainly play my dk as blood for soloing content.

Haha, a guildie of mine has prepared himself 100 speed potions and many frozen hot pockets because he wants server first for his druid
Yeah I did a lot of prep for myself, hope it's enough! RAF and BoEs for 80 and 85 are required for monks doing it

Yeah I think everyone appreciates that you don't have to rush (well, a week, but still) leveling just to get into raiding ASAP. It's nice that it lets you take in the sights for a bit, and gives more even ground for everyone to stand on when the raiding season does start.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
No No No, week after, and yeah, its not even open till the week after, but yeah, we plan to level up and gear up enough in a week to at least get a boss down.

Nah, we are not that hardcore, more mid core :p, we just raid twice a week for 2 hours each day.

Unless the microwave is next to his computer, he'll fail. That microwave time will ruin everything.

Ultratech

Sounds about what I'll do.

I can see why people want to get to 90 and get all that stuff done though.
(Plus, people will also be rushing to 89 so they queue for Brewfest when it pops up soon after.)

Irnbru

Dorm room? Meaning wifi connection? Plus nearby microwave? Sounds like a winning combination for sure.

Nah, wired, but he gets his own room. Dorm rooms have wifi? My uni sucked then :p

Im not to pressed on getting server whatever, luckily I don't start full time till a week or so after launch so I can shift days around my temp job to get some good game time in at launch :p

strafer

haha, the increase in guilds are just insane, I get whispers all the time now, on alts and main.

Gotta go create my own.

WTB five sigs.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Why would you even want Server First Level 90? Nobody cares. It's not even a meaningful accomplishment even in terms of a video game.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
haha, the increase in guilds are just insane, I get whispers all the time now, on alts and main.

Gotta go create my own.

WTB five sigs.

Yeah, it's pretty nuts. Old guild I had with some friends went from 14 to 25 in a little over a week due to how inviting random low level people ends up providing obscene guild xp.

Bisnic

Yeah guild xp is crazy since the patch, i love it. My little guild that barely have 20-25 active members was lvling stupidly slow, and i think we got like 4 lvls recently, what's with getting 60000 Guild xp for every quests, even low lvl ones.

ampere

Why would you even want Server First Level 90? Nobody cares. It's not even a meaningful accomplishment even in terms of a video game.

Well I'm already trying to level as fast as possible to start gearing with guildies, so I figure it's worth a shot at.

Obviously some people care if they go for it :p

Angry Grimace

Well I'm already trying to level as fast as possible to start gearing with guildies, so I figure it's worth a shot at.

Obviously some people care if they go for it :p

No, I meant, nobody who doens't try for it cares. It's not the same thing as getting a Realm First skill achievement.

ampere

No, I meant, nobody who doens't try for it cares. It's not the same thing as getting a Realm First skill achievement.

That might be true. The realm first level and profession achievements are like small scale races on each server, probably only a few people going for each them. They aren't a huge deal, but I see it as a fun challenge to go for on launch day.

That might be true. The realm first level and profession achievements are like small scale races on each server, probably only a few people going for each them. They aren't a huge deal, but I see it as a fun challenge to go for on launch day.

I personally thought it was cool to see the little message pop up. Especially if I knew who it was.

Mims

Pretty much sums it up. Its like a long endurance race and makes the new expansion really fun. I've done it for wrath and cata. Got first 80 rogue and then first 85 warlock was pretty fun unfortunately I won't be able to go for 90 monk due to work schedule not lining up with this expansion like it has in the past.

scoobs

fuck, the drake that drops from vortex pinnacle doesn't exist. I've ran that place a solid 100 times and haven't seen it once. grrrrrrrrr

fuck, the drake that drops from vortex pinnacle doesn't exist. I've ran that place a solid 100 times and haven't seen it once. grrrrrrrrr

I would never farm for that mount. Vortex Pinnacle is one of the most tedious dungeons there are...

I'd rather stare at a pile of snow for an hour in Storm Peaks camping the TLPD than do that.

and yeah, it exists :p

Angry Grimace

I have that mount. I won it in an LFD queue at level 82.

Angry Grimace

damn you to hell. I'm gonna keep grinding though, its gotta drop eventually right!? I've gotten all the other rare drops in the game, this one keeps evading me though

In theory it could never drop. Press /roll 100 times and see if the number 44 comes up.

Magnus

damn you to hell. I'm gonna keep grinding though, its gotta drop eventually right!? I've gotten all the other rare drops in the game, this one keeps evading me though

No sympathy fr you then. Some of us don't have any if them! :p

The things I would do for the Ashes...goddamn.

Top Bottom