• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Robin64

I had never been lucky when I farmed for this before. Hadn't even seen it drop in any raid I'd run through the place. But then today someone mentioned it, so I thought "What the hell" and went for a look. Bam!

K5YC9.png

RPGCrazied

Finally!! That took forever. Nice to know all my toons can use it, but haven't tried to see if my alliance characters have it. Is it account wide?

Wo_WScrn_Shot_091512_172050.jpg

Enosh

Woah, never in a million years did I think they would nerf this.
pretty much all the guilds going for world first are horde for a damn good reason
if anything horde racials need even more nerfs

well pandas make it meaningless in mop anyway for anyone that isn't a druid, dk or paladin

Ultratech

I had never been lucky when I farmed for this before. Hadn't even seen it drop in any raid I'd run through the place. But then today someone mentioned it, so I thought "What the hell" and went for a look. Bam!

K5YC9.png

Grats! I went on in an AQ40 raid last weekend and had it drop twice. Lost the rolls for it though. :(

Well, I decided I would drop the coin on the Logitech G600. I just finished mapping a lot of my commands to the side panel. I'm a keybound-clicker hybrid player and I already can see the benefits of mapping clicked CDs to the mouse already. Now comes the tricky part of remembering which is where, though. :p

Well, I decided I would drop the coin on the Logitech G600. I just finished mapping a lot of my commands to the side panel. I'm a keybound-clicker hybrid player and I already can see the benefits of mapping clicked CDs to the mouse already. Now comes the tricky part of remembering which is where, though. :p
How's the mouse? I see people having mixed feelings about it after using the Naga and prefering it over the G600.

Damn, you lucky bastards. That Qiraji mount is so awesome.

Well it's not like he can use it anywhere. Only works in AQ. The Scarab Lord and the Archaeology bugs are the only ones that work elsewhere.

I've wanted that mouse for awhile, and it would be especially good for WoW (I think the Naga is a bit overkill and having so many buttons all in one spot sort of gives you diminishing returns), but I haven't been able to spare the cash for it. Someday...

Measley

Good god, Ele is fucking boring, LB barely does damage.

Switched to Enhane and woah.

Enhance is boring as well. Resto is in the same boat. Blizzard redid the totems, and fixed a few spells. However, the class just feels exactly like it did in Cataclysm, save for Ascendance. The talents are dull as shit. The new totem system blows, and they ruined Feral Spirit.

Finally got my hands on the Monk class, and I'm in love. Finally shelving my Shaman for good after 7 years of disappointment.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Enhance is boring as well. Resto is in the same boat. Blizzard redid the totems, and fixed a few spells. However, the class just feels exactly like it did in Cataclysm, save for Ascendance. The talents are dull as shit. The new totem system blows, and they ruined Feral Spirit.

Finally got my hands on the Monk class, and I'm in love. Finally shelving my Shaman for good after 7 years of disappointment.

Inb4 Isayfever tells me to do the same.

Still farming the rivendare mount. It would make my DK look so boss. I already have the crimson death charger. I thu k this is the last ground mount I'll actively farm. 120 runs now.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
That AQ mount is only usable in the raid right?

You have to be an Archeology Boss like me to have the outside of raid one. :smug:

Hows the MOP gear transition going to be? How much stronger will you be at 90?
DPS in heroic T14 is ~100000 for most classes. That's of course, heroic gear and not green gear from leveling.

Fjordson

Ohh, wow, so the Qiraji mounts I see running around come from Archaeology? God damn, I didn't know you could get shit like that. I need to get back to leveling that up.

Sciz

Ohh, wow, so the Qiraji mounts I see running around come from Archaeology? God damn, I didn't know you could get shit like that. I need to get back to leveling that up.

It's a trap. One that's possibly worth stepping into depending on how much you love the bug model and animations, but be warned that even after all the nerfs to Archaeology, it remains one of the game's most soul-crushing grinds.

Chris R

One 80 down for RaF, now I just need a 40 and a 20 for my monk boosting to be complete! 69 to 80 went really quick, much better than the 58-68 stretch (If I NEVER go back to Outlands again I'll be a happy man).

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
You get a million artifacts, but the fact remains it still has a 1% proc rate and you'll get 10 billion other rares that will consume all of your fragments before that.

Rokam

Yanger not sure if you'll see this, but I don't know why you bother posting over "there". There's too many fanboys (yes disgusting word), people need to realize just because you like a game doesn't mean it is without flaws.

On that note... fix your fucking game Blizzard, tired of dying when crossing zones and fishing is bugged as hell.

TheYanger

Yanger not sure if you'll see this, but I don't know why you bother posting over "there". There's too many fanboys (yes disgusting word), people need to realize just because you like a game doesn't mean it is without flaws.

On that note... fix your fucking game Blizzard, tired of dying when crossing zones and fishing is bugged as hell.

Cause I'm up late and I can't help it. I feel a need to educate the plebs sometimes.

RPGCrazied

I hope I don't have to go to the molten front, ever again! :p Does MoP have factions that require you to do dailies for almost a month to get a mount? I'm sure most of the cloud serpents are from factions, no?

Fjordson

Yanger, I just read over those last few pages in the GW2 thread and I'm impressed at how well you were able to convey all that. I agree with pretty much everything you said. Having fun with GW2, but I've got some issues with it. And I'm not sure I'll be sticking with it (though I guess the lack of a sub fee means that dropping it isn't the end of the world).

Entropia

No One Remembers
I finally got my Herald of the Titans title last night. The fight was a bit of a hilarious joke though. I did it through OpenRaid, it took 2 pulls. The tank did the top DPS at like 10k, I was second on my Boomkin at 9.5k. We Lusted like 5 seconds into the pull, by the time it was over Algalon was at around 55%.

sazzy

GW2 thread. Pretty sure I told you never to go to the b.net forums! You best not be reading threads there.

Anyone know if they fixed the fishing contest yet or is it still bugged to all hell?

lol

I check out the D3 and WoW b.net boards every few days or so.

They're funny.

How's the mouse? I see people having mixed feelings about it after using the Naga and prefering it over the G600.
I love it. The one thing I was most worried about, from reading the reviews, was the pinky finger button. I've mapped it to Push-to-Talk, so it's not a big issue if I accidentally press it, but I have found "accidentally pressing it" to not really be an issue. Also, determining which buttons I am pressing based on tactile function is exceptionally easy. The way the buttons are angled and placed, I always know which button I am going to press.

After some trial runs with the mouse, I don't how I ever played without it! :p

Ultratech

I hope I don't have to go to the molten front, ever again! :p Does MoP have factions that require you to do dailies for almost a month to get a mount? I'm sure most of the cloud serpents are from factions, no?

I think you have to do dailies for the Order of the Cloud Serpent in order to get the Riding skill for Cloud Serpents.
If they haven't changed it, you get the Riding skill automatically upon hitting Exalted with them. Which takes about a month I guess...

Of course, you also get a Cloud Serpent of your own from the same faction for free, so it's kinda like Netherwing in that regard.

But it looks like a good number of 'em come from hitting Exalted with some factions.

How does this granting level thing work on refer a friend? A friend of mine joined up and we did RAF. The leveling boost is insane but how do I grant levels to another character?

Tarazet

How does this granting level thing work on refer a friend? A friend of mine joined up and we did RAF. The leveling boost is insane but how do I grant levels to another character?

The one you referred should right-click your character portrait and choose Grant Level. He can basically grant one for every level his new account's characters gained, up to level 80.

Is that regardless if we've played together or not? Cause we rolled some characters together that we got up to 25 or so, and he already has a level 40 on another server. ANd I think he has a 45 on my server.

Can I do the same for him?

ampere

I finally got my Herald of the Titans title last night. The fight was a bit of a hilarious joke though. I did it through OpenRaid, it took 2 pulls. The tank did the top DPS at like 10k, I was second on my Boomkin at 9.5k. We Lusted like 5 seconds into the pull, by the time it was over Algalon was at around 55%.

I was wondering about Herald after 5.0, I guess it's still an 'as long as you have the right gear' type of affair

Is that regardless if we've played together or not? Cause we rolled some characters together that we got up to 25 or so, and he already has a level 40 on another server. ANd I think he has a 45 on my server.

Can I do the same for him?

The character granting and receiving levels have to be on the same server and doing a realm transfer will wipe levels available to grant.

You don't have to have leveled the characters together for your RAF partner to grant to you, but your character receiving levels has to be a lower level than the character granting them.

edit: bad wording

also

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/recruit-a-friend-faq#q6

Weenerz

Banned
After weeks of doing Heroic Sethekk Halls 5 times a day, I finally have the Raven Lord mount, woohoo. 17 more to go for 100 mounts.

RPGCrazied

Once I got my title and mount I never sat foot in Molten Front again.

Unless I missed something you don't get a title. Just a mount and a usable item that turns you into a druid of the flame. Very cool but sucky cooldown of 1 hour and only lasts 8 minutes.

Krogan

How was the gear make up of the raid?

Sethos

Banned
Dammit, I really wanted to quit this game and GW2 looked like a decent replacement but that game is a pure god damn snoozefest of epic proportions. I want to get back in, have fun levelling but I played everything ... Is the Mage still a 2 button DPS class or did they / will that change a bit?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Dammit, I really wanted to quit this game and GW2 looked like a decent replacement but that game is a pure god damn snoozefest of epic proportions. I want to get back in, have fun levelling but I played everything ... Is the Mage still a 2 button DPS class or did they / will that change a bit?

My frost mage use at least 4 spells every few secs for DPS, does that count? :p

Sethos

Banned
My frost mage use at least 4 spells every few secs for DPS, does that count? :p

But is Frost viable for dungeons, viable as in competitive DPS? I'm still back when Frost was for levelling, low-end DPS, Arcane for low-ilvl gear / high DPS and Fire was for good gear / very high DPS.

Top Bottom