• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Rokam

But is Frost viable for dungeons, viable as in competitive DPS? I'm still back when Frost was for levelling, low-end DPS, Arcane for low-ilvl gear / high DPS and Fire was for good gear / very high DPS.

Well I know a week or 2 back all 3 mage specs were extremely close in DPS at level 90.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
But is Frost viable for dungeons, viable as in competitive DPS? I'm still back when Frost was for levelling, low-end DPS, Arcane for low-ilvl gear / high DPS and Fire was for good gear / very high DPS.

Not sure how it compares to the others since i havent tried them since the patch and never liked Arcane anyway. But Frost is pretty strong, i can easily manage to be in the top DPS meters in LFR... although you get every kind of players in there...so who knows.

But if i look at my last LFR recount... i was in 28-30k DPS against bosses that dont give ridiculous buffs like Ultraxion or the Tauren boss.

When i try against a dummy, it gets between 35-40k. My average item lvl is "only" 389 though.

I took the talent Frost Bomb which gives a me a free instant Frostfire everytime it explode after ~4 secs, which is pretty cool. Dunno if the other lvl 75 Mage talents can give me that.

Dammit, I really wanted to quit this game and GW2 looked like a decent replacement but that game is a pure god damn snoozefest of epic proportions. I want to get back in, have fun levelling but I played everything ... Is the Mage still a 2 button DPS class or did they / will that change a bit?
I believe they added in an extra button or two into those rotations. I don't play a Mage so I couldn't tell you what.

Dresden

My newbie frost mage in 326ilvl gear was pulling 16k dps in dungeons, if that counts for anything. Would burst to 30k at the start with Frozen Orb + Frost Bomb. The rotation is enjoyable and there's no messing around with execute mechanics or long burst cooldowns--it'll likely be my main heading into Pandaria.

Bisnic said:
I took the talent Frost Bomb which gives a me a free instant Frostfire everytime it explode after ~4 secs, which is pretty cool. Dunno if the other lvl 75 Mage talents can give me that.
The dot ticks from the other two have a chance to proc it, but only Frost Bomb is guaranteed.

Sethos

Banned
Appreciate the answers guys, I will put on my deciding hat and see what I want to play. Also have to *shudder* grind some heirlooms.

My newbie frost mage in 326ilvl gear was pulling 16k dps in dungeons, if that counts for anything. Would burst to 30k at the start with Frozen Orb + Frost Bomb. The rotation is enjoyable and there's no messing around with execute mechanics or long burst cooldowns--it'll likely be my main heading into Pandaria.

The dot ticks from the other two have a chance to proc it, but only Frost Bomb is guaranteed.

What's the rotation you're using? I was struggling to reach those 16k you mention in with 346 iLvl. I really love frost, and I played it for 2 weeks in raiding at the start of the expansion, but having been playing the game with the 7-day trial Blizz sent me, I've found the spec to be really hard to play as well as I used to for those weeks. It certainly has some new twists to it too, so just post your rotation really quick if you want to :) I really loved all that burst at the beginning, but I've tried some combinations in heroics and haven't really hit it off so far. I even forgot to get my water elemental up sometimes LOL!

On the other hand, Holy Priests are... The absolute same? Sure it was my main during this expansion (up until last summer when I stopped playing) and I felt right at home using clique and my usual bindings, but the spec seems absolutely the same. I've played it like I've always have before in Cata. I even have Power Infusion now too, so it's even easier than before. I don't see one 90 level spell changing the way I play the entire role... Edit: That was a bit of a let down really. Even though I love playing my priest, and I do love playing it, I was hoping for a few changes... Not on the WotLK > Cata level maybe, but at least a few...

Dresden

What's the rotation you're using? I was struggling to reach those 16k you mention in with 346 iLvl. I really love frost, and I played it for 2 weeks in raiding at the start of the expansion, but having been playing the game with the 7-day trial Blizz sent me, I've found the spec to be really hard to play as well as I used to for those weeks. It certainly has some new twists to it too, so just post your rotation really quick if you want to :) I really loved all that burst at the beginning, but I've tried some combinations in heroics and haven't really hit it off so far. I even forgot to get my water elemental up sometimes LOL!

I just pop Frozen Orb on cooldown, frost bomb -> spam ice lance w/ ice lance glyph as FoF procs -> cast FFB when BF procs -> spam ice lance and use water ele's Freeze when I run out of FoF procs as the Frozen Orb winds down. In between is Frostbolt as filler while using Frost Bomb on cooldown. Mirror Image and Icy Veins as I go.

Rokam

Ghostcrawler's twitter is great.

Q.Am I going to have to play FarmVille to get Tillers rep?
A. We'd prefer you play World of Warcraft to get Tillers rep.

Q.Just out of curiosity, what classes you personally don't like?
A.If history is any indication, whichever one you are playing.

Teletraan1

Banned
Appreciate the answers guys, I will put on my deciding hat and see what I want to play. Also have to *shudder* grind some heirlooms.

I mailed a DK newb toon a full set of plate BOA gear (chest shoulders helm), the 2h axe and str cape. Couldn't find a mailbox in the DK starter area so I logged out. I got sidetracked, my sub ran out and I forgot all about that gear until it was gone when I just resubbed. 7850 JP plus gold worth of gear. Submitted a ticket they said I was SOL. I will never do anything like that again.

They still should've had a Blizzcon this year.

To show what exactly? Mists is coming out now, so at best they'd just have 5.1 stuff to show. Diablo III just came out, so all they'd show is patch stuff and possibly a hint of expansion stuff. SC2 would be the biggest thing since HotS isn't out yet, but it's in beta already and has been shown at the past two Blizzcons already. We know they're not ready to even have a teaser for Titan until next year, and I'm not sure if there was another project brewing or not, but that wouldn't be near ready to be shown either. Blizzcon is used to announce/promote new stuff more than anything else, and there wouldn't be anything new.

Expect some big stuff next year though - new WoW expansion, DIII Expansion, HotS should be out by then, so patch stuff/tournaments for that, and finally (hopefully) at least some news on Titan.

Sethos

Banned
Is WoW Census still the go-to site to see server balance or did a new, better on pop up? Also is there anywhere you can see the stats of the Battlegroups, which side wins etc. ? Don't want to join a server in another shitty battlegroup for my faction.

strafer

well we should be near the release of 5.2 or already in 5.2 by then so I'd say there's a decent chance. But there probably won't be much info.

Yeah.

But the name will probably leak with the trademark and all, like MoP did.

Also...

TBC was announced at Blizzcon 2005

WotLK was announced at Blizzcon 2007

Cataclysm was announced at Blizzcon 2009

And Mists of Pandaria was announced at Blizzcon 2011

Does that mean Blizzcon 2015?, since there isn't one this year.

Hope not.

Rokam

Yeah.

Also...

Hope not.

2013 would follow that pattern.

Yeah.

Also...

Hope not.
Not sure how that would mean 2015 considering the pattern is in twos. Expansion announcement 4 years after the last BlizzCon? Yeah right.

So an announcement at BlizzCon 2013 along with maybe (hopefully) a sneak peek at Titan.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
To show what exactly? Mists is coming out now, so at best they'd just have 5.1 stuff to show. Diablo III just came out, so all they'd show is patch stuff and possibly a hint of expansion stuff. SC2 would be the biggest thing since HotS isn't out yet, but it's in beta already and has been shown at the past two Blizzcons already. We know they're not ready to even have a teaser for Titan until next year, and I'm not sure if there was another project brewing or not, but that wouldn't be near ready to be shown either. Blizzcon is used to announce/promote new stuff more than anything else, and there wouldn't be anything new.

Expect some big stuff next year though - new WoW expansion, DIII Expansion, HotS should be out by then, so patch stuff/tournaments for that, and finally (hopefully) at least some news on Titan.

The only difference between this year and any other year they don't announce a new expac is D3 is out.

They didn't not have one because they didn't have stuff to show, they didn't have one because they're too busy with stuff. I still want one though, the panels are awesome.

I just pop Frozen Orb on cooldown, frost bomb -> spam ice lance w/ ice lance glyph as FoF procs -> cast FFB when BF procs -> spam ice lance and use water ele's Freeze when I run out of FoF procs as the Frozen Orb winds down. In between is Frostbolt as filler while using Frost Bomb on cooldown. Mirror Image and Icy Veins as I go.

I can't actually find mirror image in the spell list... And Frost Bomb on cooldown. I thought something like it would be more of use in AoE packs and not in boss fights... It ticks for like 16k... Gonna see if I can run a dungeon now :)

Thank you.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I can't actually find mirror image in the spell list... And Frost Bomb on cooldown. I thought something like it would be more of use in AoE packs and not in boss fights... It ticks for like 16k... Gonna see if I can run a dungeon now :)

Thank you.

I mostly use it on single target because of the free instant cast Frostfire Bolt, even if its use is for AOE.

Rokam

I really hope they have a way to find out the people using the script/hack to crash servers and go to their houses and kick their dogs.

Also, be sure to Justice/Honor cap this week! Get 2 pieces of gear when you hit 90.

I really hope they have a way to find out the people using the script/hack to crash servers and go to their houses and kick their dogs.

Oh damn, hadn't been on today so I missed that it was going on. You have to be a dick to keep crashing a server for fun. I hope they can track down who is doing it and permaban.

Tarazet

I must have a thing for tanks. After getting my Druid to 85 and tanking and getting my Paladin to 85 and tanking, I broke out my long-dormant Death Knight and leveled him with dungeons from 70-80. After a couple of randoms with clueless tanks I heavy-sighed and started queueing as tank in my DPS gear. Started going much smoother after that.. except when I got Culling of Stratholme three times in a row. Fuck that instance.

mileS

Just tried ElvUI for the first time. maaann this is hard to get used to after 6 years of playing with the stock UI. Not sure if I want to stick with it or not. I think I should continue tweaking it and at least try to get used to it.

Fjordson

Has anyone else seen a lot more mount selling on their server lately? It's sort of weird...tons of crimson deathchargers, white rhinos, spectral tigers, and other ones being sold every time I'm in Stormwind. Mounts that I almost never saw for sale before. Is there some sort of recent duping glitch or something that I haven't heard about?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
My server really hasn't gotten hit by it yet being that we're mid pop. About 2 weeks ago some guy was selling a Deathcharger for 13k, though. It was all people talked about in trade until he stopped advertising it.

Touch

So apparently your pet can be resurrected after you use GoSac therefore removing the buff and giving you the 2 minute cd. Why?

TheYanger

Wow. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if that's going on. There's undeniably a ton more mounts being sold on my server lately.

So odd that I don't see this being talked about in trade chat or anything. Seems like a huge issue that Blizzard would be all over.

It's been going on for a while. It's easily trackable if you follow the AH, maybe it's just becoming more widespread as the gold sellers amp up for Pandaria, but we could see the ebb and flow of dupes on Mal'ganis with ease (level 1 character logs in, starts selling bulk items in trade chat, vanishes, etc).

It's been going on for a while. It's easily trackable if you follow the AH, maybe it's just becoming more widespread as the gold sellers amp up for Pandaria, but we could see the ebb and flow of dupes on Mal'ganis with ease (level 1 character logs in, starts selling bulk items in trade chat, vanishes, etc).

Right before I transferred off of hellscream, we saw Crimson Death Chargers going for about 13k. Vial of Sands or whatever it is were going for like 19. I asked one guy about the reins and why he was selling them so cheap and he was like "I bought 5 earlier for cheap".

WTF.

TheYanger

Right before I transferred off of hellscream, we saw Crimson Death Chargers going for about 13k. Vial of Sands or whatever it is were going for like 19. I asked one guy about the reins and why he was selling them so cheap and he was like "I bought 5 earlier for cheap".

WTF.

I would estimate the same dupe has been happening for about 8 months now. Dead serious. Why they didn't do it more? Probably just to wait for mists like this, idk.

Top Bottom