• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Alucrid said:
Like i said, useless, we already had that.

A pet on defensive stance doesn't change target unless you tell him to, while the Assist one will automatically change i believe. I might be wrong on this, my hunter is just another profession alt for me lol.

Alucrid

Banned
Bisnic said:
A pet on defensive stance doesn't change target unless you tell him to, while the Assist one will automatically change i believe.

Still, you can make a macro for that, or just press the pet attack button and the 'benefits' of the new one hardly outweigh the old one.

Don't mind me though, I'm just salty.

Alex

Ah, they cleaned Enhance up pretty nice. It's siming well even into heroic firelands gear. That makes me happy, maybe I'll go back to mine.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Oh my God I can't stay five minutes logged in without losing the will to live.

Fuck raiding. It killed my awesome relationship with this game.

Alucrid

Banned
Brazil said:
Oh my God I can't stay five minutes logged in without losing the will to live.

Fuck raiding. It killed my awesome relationship with this game.

:\

MC, BWL, Ony, AQ all made me love this game. They need to do resets like Everquest did.

/nostalgia

Evlar

Banned
Strafer said:
Nice to have a nuke early on.
Soul Fire was the beneficiary of 8 possible talent points in the Destruction tree that you could take before reaching level 54. That's ridiculous.

Now you can get just one before level 20 (one point in Emberstone at 19).

Alex

MC, BWL, Ony, AQ all made me love this game. They need to do resets like Everquest did.

No, vanilla was terrible. You might miss the new MMO experience, or some of the stuff with the world back then, but you're right in that it's pure nostalgia. Classic raiding sucked ass.

Tamanon

Banned
Alex said:
No, vanilla was terrible. You might miss the new MMO experience, or some of the stuff with the world back then, but you're right in that it's pure nostalgia. Classic raiding sucked ass.

What, you didn't like 1 minute of hitting your nuke button and then a 10 second phase of frantically clicking on names to decurse, followed by the 1 minute of nuking?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Awesome, I have to do the whole
Fire phase from the start because some asshole killed me when I was waiting for the RP to be over.

Loxley

Tamanon said:
What, you didn't like 1 minute of hitting your nuke button and then a 10 second phase of frantically clicking on names to decurse, followed by the 1 minute of nuking?

I miss being assigned to heal the main-tank on my Paladin during Majordomo despite being 31-point Prot, back in the days when hybrid = healer no matter what spec you actually were. I also miss being referred to as a "cleanse-bot" and having to individually hand out Blessings of Wisdom & Might to 39 other people, only to have to re-apply it after 5-10 minutes.

Yeah, "the good ol' days" of raiding :p

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
I used to have fun raiding back in the Vanilla and BC days because I did it with friends on a really laid-back guild. I only played Wrath during 4.0 and raided Naxx casually, but decided to join a top raiding guild on Cata.

Worst decision ever. Fun stops being fun when it becomes a responsability.

Alex

Heads up to plate DPS. The Heart of Rage trinket is broken, so if you have a sub, may wanna throw it on. It's proccing correctly.

Dresden

Ele shaman is pretty fun now. Hilarious seeing people so dumb they can't keep a snare on you run after you as you lightning bolt them.

:(

Alex

Also the trinkets like Fluid Death and License to Slay seem bugged and won't work on auto attacks currently.

Great patch already.

Alex said:
Also the trinkets like Fluid Death and License to Slay seem bugged and won't work on auto attacks currently.

Great patch already.

Whhhat? Things don't work on first day of patch? This is so unlike blizz.

Alex

Heck, they were probably broken on the PTR for the entire duration anyway.

I remember the 4.1 PTR where Death Knight runes didn't work the entire time and despite a dozen big threads they ignored them all, let it went live, then shit out a bunch of hotfixes and server resets after people started to go into arena with no-cooldown oblits. :lol

What's the point of these PTRs anyway though, if they dont fix this shit.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Loxley said:
I miss being assigned to heal the main-tank on my Paladin during Majordomo despite being 31-point Prot, back in the days when hybrid = healer no matter what spec you actually were. I also miss being referred to as a "cleanse-bot" and having to individually hand out Blessings of Wisdom & Might to 39 other people, only to have to re-apply it after 5-10 minutes.

Yeah, "the good ol' days" of raiding :p
You were 31 pt. Prot in Vanilla? What was the benefit of that?

PatzCU

Brazil said:
I used to have fun raiding back in the Vanilla and BC days because I did it with friends on a really laid-back guild. I only played Wrath during 4.0 and raided Naxx casually, but decided to join a top raiding guild on Cata.

Yep, I was on a hardcore progression raid team for the last 2 months and was recently 'demoted' off the raid team as they decided to switch to 10man. Honestly I don't think the very rare thrills of downing a difficult heroic boss outweigh the long hours and heavy feeling of responsibility you get from being on a hardcore raid team. I'll miss having the best gear/biggest epeen of those around me but it's much better just pugging these raids when I have the time or rolling with the hardcore team's alts.

I also hear Firelands is going to be horrifically difficult due to Blizzard not being finished with the later bosses.

Alex

There is so much trash in here! All of it does annoying shit and none of it has any HP so it's not even fun to DPS :mad:

Alex

I'm not feelin' it, myself. This place is boring. The thought of slogging through all of this trash time and time again and doing a gigantic hub of no-challenge daily quests makes me ill.

Brazil said:

I loved vanilla. Maybe it's nostalgia. I liked 40man raids and only having to down content once, and not a 2nd time on heroic difficulty. That was when good guilds received a lot of respect and world pvp happened a lot more often. Maybe raiding was more of a pain, but it was also far more rewarding. Now it's like, "been there done that. when is new content coming out?"

Alex

Classic raiding was pretty miserable in retrospect. Very content starved, often gated by bugs and intentional overtuning and was largely driven by insane requirements on farming and gathering and recruitment. I'll never forget some of the ridiculous things we had to do just to scrape by in Naxx 60. Far too much work for half-assed standstill bosses.

Modern raiding is an improvement in pretty much every way. Custom size/difficulty, little gathering, all specs viable and most importantly the bosses are night and day better. Cataclysm's issues don't spur from raiding, though. It's the world building and social content that's missing, it's barely an MMO anymore. People live in the hub towns entirely. Queue for dungeons, queue for PvP, get a summon from one person for the raid, buy things on the AH from bots.

They need to get their game world back. Static dungeons and raids can only last so long, even with more difficult and complex design. They go by even quicker than ever because of how powerful the interface has become and how few roadblocks still exist. That's ultimately good game design, but without a greater game world and anything to prop it up, it turns into more of a Monster Hunter, PSO, etc, no matter how good the static content is, you're eventually just going to get sick of this shit and they'll never keep up with demand.

I'm done until at least the next expansion, myself. Took me two hours to just completely throw my arms up during Firelands and logout. Hope they can get off of this troublesome course, but I somehow doubt it.

Mairu

The bosses of firelands seem pretty good so far even if the trash is annoying and the new daily quests are more monotonous than anything else

Some interesting stuff - definitely trying to get people back/to stay in the game:

Blizzard said:
Haven’t yet ventured beyond the Dark Portal? Beginning today, June 28, players will be able to get both the original World of Warcraft and the game’s first expansion set, The Burning Crusade, for only $19.99 as part of the new digital Battle Chest now available in the online Blizzard Store.

In addition, anyone who owns the original World of Warcraft, regardless of when they purchased the game, will automatically be able to access all of the content and features from The Burning Crusade expansion at no additional cost. It’s time to set forth from Azeroth, adventurer -- Outland awaits!

and...

Blizzard said:
Trial accounts simply no longer expire.

EDIT - Also while checking the blue tracker I totally forgot that character rearranging on the login screen was in this patch. That's something to look forward to whenever I play again...

Thoraxes

So Shannox is a threat balance, eh?
It's pretty hard on 10-man unless you use 3 tanks, but that takes away a ton of DPS.

Decisions, decisions.

Also got spider-lady down in 3 attempts. She was really easy.

markot

Banned
CarbonatedFalcon said:
Some interesting stuff - definitely trying to get people back/to stay in the game:

and...

EDIT - Also while checking the blue tracker I totally forgot that character rearranging on the login screen was in this patch. That's something to look forward to whenever I play again...
Feh, the games too long in the tooth. Its age is showing around the cracks of its own incompetent incompetence.

markot

Banned
Alex said:
Why do they refuse to put WOTLK in the Battle Chest? So weird.
milk-it-for-all-its-worth-a.jpg

JesseZao

WoW gets unlimited trials capped at level 20. Interesting. Guess if I ever wanted to play again I could just level up to play the BGs at 19. Not sure if trials can even do BGs though. Nah, I can wait a bit longer for SWTOR instead.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
JesseZao said:
WoW gets unlimited trials capped at level 20. Interesting. Guess if I ever wanted to play again I could just level up to play the BGs at 19. Not sure if trials can even do BGs though. Nah, I can wait a bit longer for SWTOR instead.
Trials were able to do BGs before but you get xp in games now so you couldnt sit at 19 forever. 3-4 matches would be a level. The good news is that after 5 years of complaints Blizzard finally made the brackets in level increments of 5 instead of 10 so even at 20 you would at most be playing against 25.

PatzCU

This could be a pretty monumental patch in mass subscriber exodus. There really wasn't much content added and many non-elite guilds are already at 5/7. I have no clue what is going on at Blizzard. If the next patch takes another 7 months, I'm out.

With that said, I will say the quality of the content is all really great. I like what they've done with the progressive dailies (even though it took me under 5 mintues today). Also, the first couple Firelands fights were great.

Trickster

Thrall questline was pretty underwhelming from a design standpoint. You bassically just had to do the same thing 4 times over...

About firelands quests. Well I wouldn't know, apparently we have to do mount hyjal dailys for 3 days before we can even get to the firelands zone. Don't know what the fuck is going on in minds of the developers, because I can't imagine any sane person thinking it'd be a good idea to make players wait so long for this stuff. Then when it finally does hit. Have us do dailys for 3 days before accessing the large majority of the new non raid content.

I really hope the raid instance is better than the rest of this patch so far.

TheYanger

Dresden said:
Haha, I'm done. It was fun playing for a few weeks again, but wow. 4.2 is terrible.

That's odd, since last I checked it's not even possible to have seen what's in it yet. glad you contributed to the conversation.

Trickster

TheYanger said:
That's odd, since last I checked it's not even possible to have seen what's in it yet. glad you contributed to the conversation.

That's the point I imagine, it's fucking dumb to have players do 3 daily for 3 days before we even get acess to the majority of the new non-raid stuff. The Thrall questline is pretty bad as well.

Alex said:
I'm not feelin' it, myself. This place is boring. The thought of slogging through all of this trash time and time again and doing a gigantic hub of no-challenge daily quests makes me ill.

Yeah it's awful. The whole instance feels like Freya trash. So far at least, I mean I'm sure we'll whip through it in no time at all after a few weeks of gearing, but there's no way I want to be killing all of that for the next 9 months.

We killed the spider boss in like 2 or 3 pulls, killed the hunter one in 3 or 4, spent the rest of the raid on trash with a few attempts on the volcano guy at the very end. It's regular mode though, can't judge an instance on it. I wouldn't be surprised if 150 guilds have Rag down by the end of the week. The only real tragedy is that normal mode is ranked anywhere.

Trickster said:
The Thrall questline is pretty bad as well.

I can't remember the last time I've done a questline that bad. Doesn't bode well for any of the rest of the content. So far outside of the raid the entire patch is "stand here, kill elementals" then move somewhere else and repeat.

aesop

After resisting for about a year and a half, I'm ready to get back into this mess and see if I can do it casually (lol). Anyone have a recruit-a-friend spot available?

Top Bottom