• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Pretty hyped. Gunna try to get ahead in all my classes over the weekend so I don't get royally fucked by this :(

Not sure whether I am going to try to gear fast right of or focus on making $$$$$$

Pretty hyped. Gunna try to get ahead in all my classes over the weekend so I don't get royally fucked by this :(

Not sure whether I am going to try to gear fast right of or focus on making $$$$$$

Focus on getting gear from dungeons and other methods that are "free". Buying/making gear for yourself at the start is a mistake since you leave massive profits on the table. The value will remain fairly high for awhile, but it will start out in the stratosphere and depreciate rapidly in a matter of weeks if not days.

Focus on getting gear from dungeons and other methods that are "free". Buying/making gear at the start is a mistake since you leave massive profits on the table. The value will remain fairly high for awhile, but it will start out in the stratosphere and depreciate rapidly in a matter of weeks if not days.

Yeah thats what I am leaning towards. Just Auctioning anything and everything. With every mat I sell now I will be able to buy 3x as many for the same price in a week I figure. May as well hold off. Not like I raid seriously anyways.

Tamanon

Banned
LOL. Final few days before the expansion and I ran my first Cata heroics. SFK and End Time. might be able to LFR before Tuesday! Also got Enchanting and tailoring up to 500 in prepping. Man you get a ton of cloth in heroics and the Theramore scenario.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
That isn't how it works.

It was for the first week or something, servers weren't getting merged with their own types, I didn't know if they fixed that yet.

My favorite part about all of this is the response from Blizzard is basically "qq, this is a mmo, there are supposed to be other people. qq bitches"

Any addon that can point out the most valuable item in quest rewards? I tend to just pick the item I can get the most money for and it'd shave off a few seconds at each hand-in to have it light up the most valuable for me.
I dont know about lighting it up, but I think auctionlite or some similar auction addon will show what vendors for the most.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
LOL. Final few days before the expansion and I ran my first Cata heroics. SFK and End Time. might be able to LFR before Tuesday! Also got Enchanting and tailoring up to 500 in prepping. Man you get a ton of cloth in heroics and the Theramore scenario.
I've been filling up the guild bank with Embersilk Cloth from Theramore's Fall. Can make for a few bags.

As for other things, this may have been posted before, I noticed that a GM (?) created a new legendary: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/81418

You can't link it in-game (on EU servers anyway) and what purpose that fills I don't know. I'm not familiar with the model but it appears quite low-res, so it's probably nothing new. Talking about linking stuff, I had some fun today with the itemString function and linked the following on multiple servers:

/script DEFAULT_CHAT_FRAME:AddMessage("\124cffa335ee\124Hitem:82446:4445:5001:4864:4850:0:0:0:0\124h[Royal Satchel]\124h\124r");

Royal Satchel with stats basically (the bags comes from tailoring in Mists of Pandaria). But you can take any item and add enchants, gems etc. Some you can't link though, such as the Shining Dawn items, but most you can use. This often creates some hilarious discussions in trade chats, and whispers from people wanting to buy whatever you link of course.

Ultratech

Rösti;42362281 said:
I've been filling up the guild bank with Embersilk Cloth from Theramore's Fall. Can make for a few bags.

As for other things, this may have been posted before, I noticed that a GM (?) created a new legendary: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/81418

You can't link it in-game (on EU servers anyway) and what purpose that fills I don't know. I'm not familiar with the model but it appears quite low-res, so it's probably nothing new.

It's the same model as Ashjre'thul, Crossbow of Smiting.

I like how it has crappy stats, yet has a ridiculous 1 - 1436959 Damage. Probably just serves as a test weapon for bosses or other crap.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Kinda disappointed the beta didn't have premade 90s to actually try out some of the content. I had no real interest in leveling a character through content I'm already going to have to do 11 fucking times.

scoobs

when you think about how much stuff they're adding with this expansion.. this might be the biggest content patch theyve ever done. They've fixed the cata problem of having nothing to do once you're 85... good god there's an endless supply of crap to do.

when you think about how much stuff they're adding with this expansion.. this might be the biggest content patch theyve ever done. They've fixed the cata problem of having nothing to do once you're 85... good god there's an endless supply of crap to do.
Especially if you want to max out 11 characters! Jesus Christ, Grimace!

Tarazet

They're missing a chance to do something thematically with Appear Offline.. if you're a Rogue or a Druid, you could be stealthed but other players can spot you if you walk too close.

Tarazet

Oh yeah, does anyone know how to ignore someone from another realm? I had some dipshit on a Paladin griefing my Priest, spamming me with duel invites while I was trying to quest and making creepy emotes at me. Followed me around for a good 15 minutes.

mileS

In the matter of two weeks, we got Savior of Azeroth, Dragonslayer, and Firelord all before the expac, awwwwyeah, and I won the mount from Rag :D

wow congrats! thats awesome. I've been wanting to get Dragonslayer soo badly. I wish there was more incentive to go back to those raids (I mean the awesome transmog gear is enough for me) but like, to get other people excited about going back.

Rokam

Are there profession trainers in the starting areas in Pandaria? Or will I need to make the rounds in Org before heading out?

Berordn

Are there profession trainers in the starting areas in Pandaria? Or will I need to make the rounds in Org before heading out?

They're in Jade Forest, but they're spread all over it, you're better off grabbing them before you set out on your way.

RPGCrazied

Starting to play my Death Knight again, since all my characters that I want to be 85, are 85. What is the best spec for leveling? I was unholy, but kinda want to try frost.

Rokam

Starting to play my Death Knight again, since all my characters that I want to be 85, are 85. What is the best spec for leveling? I was unholy, but kinda want to try frost.

They're all good just make sure you have the Dark Succor glyph, makes for 0 downtime.

Yeah they should all be fine honestly. Maybe switch to blood if you encounter some difficult group quest you want to solo, though you can probably handle those as unholy with the pet as well. Frost is fun too, so stick with that if you want. I haven't played with the new talent system yet, so I don't know completely what I'm talking about, but I don't think my info would be too outdated.

Enosh

soo in the last 2 days I tanked so far 7/8 heroic DS
I know it's with the nerf but all my tanking gear is from the vendor (and 378 shoulders still) plus the only thing i ever tanked was twice the first part in lfr and some 5 mans

have to say this is the most fun I had with wow in the past month ^^
edit: well also did madness heroic today but didn't down it so far, continue sunday

C.Dark.DN

Banned
It feels weird. I can login until November 1st, maybe the 30th, but it's the first time I won't have an expansion on release or at all.

Sethos

Banned
It feels weird. I can login until November 1st, maybe the 30th, but it's the first time I won't have an expansion on release or at all.

ib2aJKNOuiFoxw.gif

You better get in day one son, or we'll be coming after you.

sazzy

So just got back from my local EB games.

Guy was unpacking and stocking the MoP CE and regular boxes lol. He let me hold a CE box lol. It's pretty huge.

I asked him if he would sell it to me. He says, sure you got 10 grand I would need to cover the fines?

Lol.

I should've just thrown the cash and ran out with it :(

Also saw AC 3 boxes.

Touch

Qued for specific ZA for off chance at Amani bear. Get competent group. Bear-ly make it. Win mount. Today was a good day in WoW.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
So just got back from my local EB games.

Guy was unpacking and stocking the MoP CE and regular boxes lol. He let me hold a CE box lol. It's pretty huge.

I asked him if he would sell it to me. He says, sure you got 10 grand I would need to cover the fines?

Lol.

I should've just thrown the cash and ran out with it :(

Also saw AC 3 boxes.

Why would you even want it early? It's not like you can log in and start playing.

Tarazet

Depends on how you're leveling. If you're doing it the quick way with dungeon runs, go Blood. If you're doing quests, Unholy has a persistent minion and lots of front-loaded burst to get through single mobs very efficiently.

Angry Grimace

You don't actually get Unholy Presence until Level 70, which makes leveling Unholy kind of annoying until around level 75 since you have no runes persistently. Frost is generally better before that since Frost Strike costs a lot less RP to use than Death Coil does.

scoobs

Depends on how you're leveling. If you're doing it the quick way with dungeon runs, go Blood. If you're doing quests, Unholy has a persistent minion and lots of front-loaded burst to get through single mobs very efficiently.

unholy has no burst whatsoever... its a build-up dps spec. Frost is burst. Frost is the only way to level, you kill everything instantly.

Rokam

I'm playing the "Dailies reset two extra times each morning so you have an hour to get extra quests in at the Argent Tournament" game. It's great fun.

mileS

out of all the things to hotfix....

Mortal Strike now does 165% weapon damage (down from 185%).
Overpower now does 105% weapon damage (down from 120%)
Slam now does 190% weapon damage (down from 215%).
Raging Blow now does 190% weapon damage (down from 215%),
Bloodthirst now does 90% weapon damage (down from 100%).
Wild Strike now does 195% weapon damage (down from 220%).

lol blizzard...

What games are people playing this weekend while waiting for launch?

Been playing torchlight 2.

I have been playing lots of Dota 2. (Though WoW will be a good portion going forward now - need to get my house in order pre-launch.) Also working on cosmetics for the game - learning process though, so I'm a bit slow and inefficient right now. But I do hope to publish some (and make a little scratch in the process) one day.

Also, some good interviews over at Wowhead: http://www.wowhead.com/news=206589/interviews-with-lead-quest-designer-dave-kosak-lead-encounter-designer-ion-hazzi

Proving Grounds will be one of my favorite features ever when it finally makes it into the game. It's something that I suggested over a year ago. Great not just for training people group roles to transition from leveling -> dungeons/raids, but if they include the sort of high score route, it'll be a lot of fun to challenge myself and show off how good I am at whatever role. Really hoping timed/challenge raids also alluded to in the interview make it in by 5.2 as well. Even if I didn't get the chance to really do them, they'd be a great addition to the game.

And anyone else seen the front page of MMO-Champ with all the Challenge Dungeon armors and their procs? Really neat.

HYPE!

Edit: Digital or Box version? Tough decision, considering I have all the other boxes, but digital means I can play at 2
12AM PDT =[
. Could do midnight release I suppose...

Fjordson

Not really playing much while waiting. Holding off on most recent big releases until the next big Steam sale (Thanksgiving maybe?). Though I'll be getting NBA 2K13 in two weeks :lol

Edit: Digital or Box version? Tough decision, considering I have all the other boxes, but digital means I can play at 2
12AM PDT =[
. Could do midnight release I suppose...
Haha, I was deciding on this earlier today. Was really tempted to go digital since it'd be the easiest, but I have all the other expansions up on my shelf and I kinda dig the cover of MoP, so I just went physical. Way too lazy for a midnight release, though, so I'll have to wait until about 1 PM for Amazon =[

Top Bottom