• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Nugg

Edit: Digital or Box version? Tough decision, considering I have all the other boxes, but digital means I can play at 2
12AM PDT =[
. Could do midnight release I suppose...

I'm doing both! I'll be able to play at midnight with my digital collector edition, then my box will arrive the next day. I have a friend who doesn't care since his out of town for the whole week, I'll be selling him the spare key I have from the box. Everybody's happy!

Entropia

No One Remembers
What games are people playing this weekend while waiting for launch?

Been playing torchlight 2.

I haven't touched Borderlands 2 as much as I want to. So I'll be doing that this weekend. Probably throw in some Dota 2 and/or LoL as well.

I'll probably endup on WoW most of the time.

strafer

Never forget.

XBfFF.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Oh TBC ♥

Agree <3 TBC

Also. With crafting proffs this expansion. Do recipes start at 500 (25 below cap) like they have in previous expansions allowing you to pick right up if you are not quite maxed out?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Oh TBC &#9829;

&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;&#9829;

Shaman

Lightning Bolt damage has been increased by approximately 8%. This also applies to Overload Lightning Bolt and Echo of the Elements Lightning Bolt.

If I had one handy, I'd put in one of those gifs where someone's smile goes from :| to :) to :D

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
out of all the things to hotfix....

Mortal Strike now does 165% weapon damage (down from 185%).
Overpower now does 105% weapon damage (down from 120%)
Slam now does 190% weapon damage (down from 215%).
Raging Blow now does 190% weapon damage (down from 215%),
Bloodthirst now does 90% weapon damage (down from 100%).
Wild Strike now does 195% weapon damage (down from 220%).

lol blizzard...
You just wait til they starting nerfing Bladestorm, Dragon Roar and Shockwave even more. Or the last tier, with Avatar probably being the most popular choice (I will go with Storm Bolt though). Well, this explains why Theramore's Fall felt even slower (not more difficult) than before.

ampere

I'm playing the "Dailies reset two extra times each morning so you have an hour to get extra quests in at the Argent Tournament" game. It's great fun.

What server time are you seeing this happen? I know dailies reset on my realm at 4am realm time, are you seeing them reset again at 5am?

The Monk quests have a daily so I could get an extra hour of 50% exp if the reset thing works :p

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
As for other things, does anyone know what kind of gear is recommended for Mogu'Shan Vaults (Normal)? You could get some epic gear from Salyis's Warband or Sha of Anger, but I expect most players to run normal and heroic dungeons instead, so that's probably what is gonna be what you use at start in this raid. But I wonder if there is something I've missed. I looked at faction rewards regarding epic gear, and sure enough do Golden Lotus, Shado-Pan, The August Celestials and The Klaxxi have epic gear for purchase at exalted level. The cheapest gear costs 1,250 Valor Points and can be obtainable at the day Mogu'Shan Vaults unlocks. The Klaxxi also has blacksmithing plans for epic gear, those sell for 20 Kyparite (mineral). What possible combinations for epic gear could be unlocked before you can enter Mogu'Shan vaults, to make the first encounter as lenient as possible?

I have set up the Stone Guard as trial for my guild. We have just casually raided before but I think it would be nice to give it a go, the mechanics aren't that difficult: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/zone/mogushan-vaults/the-stone-guard

Sethos

Banned
What's up with this Cross Realm area bullshit? I mean, I love PvP as much as the next guy but some of the level areas are now level 85 Battlegrounds and they are impossible to quest in.

What's up with this Cross Realm area bullshit? I mean, I love PvP as much as the next guy but some of the level areas are now level 85 Battlegrounds and they are impossible to quest in.

I don't play roll on pvp realms but if I ever did decide to roll there that is exactly what I would want. Pvp should be unavoidable on pvp realms imo.

Sethos

Banned
I don't play roll on pvp realms but if I ever did decide to roll there that is exactly what I would want. Pvp should be unavoidable on pvp realms imo.

Sure but it's not enjoyable when both areas that are in your range can't be levelled in whatsoever and you only get thrown in BRD ever 20th minute whenever you queue up where people skip all quests, every. single. time. I love PvP, think the concept is fine but I'm not going to give them a song and a dance when it's going to take me 12 hours to go from 55 to 60.

But hey, guess I'm not cut out for this new PvP server aspect - I'll just transfer to a PvE.

Thinking about returning to WoW, anyone here on Outland - Horde EU?

I'll probably make a Pandaren Monk on Outland EU, and making him Horde. Outland is so crazy now, just went outside of Orgrimmar, huge 30 vs 30 battle going on between Horde and Alliance haha.

Leveling is going to be a biiiitch.

hyduK

Banned
Ugh. Do I want to come back? :(.

Anyone have a link to a concise summary of the changes? Haven't been keeping up, even though I had the beta.

Ultratech

Starting to play my Death Knight again, since all my characters that I want to be 85, are 85. What is the best spec for leveling? I was unholy, but kinda want to try frost.

I've heard Frost works best, though Blood's pretty good too. Just whatever works for you, I guess.

And anyone else seen the front page of MMO-Champ with all the Challenge Dungeon armors and their procs? Really neat.

HYPE!

Edit: Digital or Box version? Tough decision, considering I have all the other boxes, but digital means I can play at 2
12AM PDT =[
. Could do midnight release I suppose...

Some of the procs look neat. Some like the Hunter armor, are just kinda meh. (Oh boy, I get a glowy shoulder and Wolf head with some tracer coming from my head.)

I think I'm gonna grab the Box version from Best Buy since I still got a $25 gift card I need to use. (Plus, if my laptop screws up, I won't have to download ~20 GB worth of stuff.)

ampere

But hey, guess I'm not cut out for this new PvP server aspect - I'll just transfer to a PvE.

If you don't like that constant possibility of PvP, yeah best bet is to go PvE server. Especially with pet battles if you are interested in that. You can get ganked while trying to catch a pet on PvP servers lol, I'm not excited about that part

I thought blood was tanking? I think I'm going to stay Unholy. Like the perm pet, I'm only level 76 though.
It is the tank spec, but for questing it means you can pull everything, take the roiling blood talent and just spam Death Strike and Blood Boil and it all dies and you don't

Nugg

Rösti;42386170 said:
As for other things, does anyone know what kind of gear is recommended for Mogu'Shan Vaults (Normal)? You could get some epic gear from Salyis's Warband or Sha of Anger, but I expect most players to run normal and heroic dungeons instead, so that's probably what is gonna be what you use at start in this raid. But I wonder if there is something I've missed. I looked at faction rewards regarding epic gear, and sure enough do Golden Lotus, Shado-Pan, The August Celestials and The Klaxxi have epic gear for purchase at exalted level. The cheapest gear costs 1,250 Valor Points and can be obtainable at the day Mogu'Shan Vaults unlocks. The Klaxxi also has blacksmithing plans for epic gear, those sell for 20 Kyparite (mineral). What possible combinations for epic gear could be unlocked before you can enter Mogu'Shan vaults, to make the first encounter as lenient as possible?

Careful now, getting reputation gear is trickier than it looks.
- You need to be revered with that faction in order to buy the epic gear. It'll be pretty hard (impossible?) to do in a week. Not enough dailies.
- You won't have acces to the Shado Pan and the August Celestial faction until you're at least revered with the Golden Lotus, and this alone is a few weeks grind because of the limited amount of dailies available there.

So you primary targets are going to be the Golden Lotus rep (epic gear at revered, and unlocks the Shado Pan and August Celestials factions) and the Klaxxi rep (epic gear at revered). It won't be possible to be epic geared the very day the Mogushan vaults open.

Exalted rep is only useful for buying mounts. There's no gear at exalted.

Your best bet is to focus on crafting a couple of pieces of gear, and maybe get one epic piece from the Klaxxi if you're dedicated (the grind is faster).

scoobs

I thought blood was tanking? I think I'm going to stay Unholy. Like the perm pet, I'm only level 76 though.

Blood is tanking, but blood is actually doing insane damage right now. Frost is the "best" leveling spec, because of the burst damage and high crit numbers. You basically kill stuff instantly, which is useful. If you enjoy unholy you should play unholy, whichever is the most fun for you.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Exalted rep is only useful for buying mounts. There's no gear at exalted.

Your best bet is to focus on crafting a couple of pieces of gear, and maybe get one epic piece from the Klaxxi if you're dedicated (the grind is faster).
I got exalted and revered mixed up regarding epic gear of the factions. The Klaxxi was my first bet as well. We'll see what happens. Thanks for the advice.

Tarazet

Blood is tanking, but blood is actually doing insane damage right now. Frost is the "best" leveling spec, because of the burst damage and high crit numbers. You basically kill stuff instantly, which is useful. If you enjoy unholy you should play unholy, whichever is the most fun for you.

Yeah, in dungeons I was doing more damage in Blood than Unholy... and I was already topping the charts every time with Unholy. It's silly.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Good lord the Rogue challenge armor looks dumb as hell. It's fucking enormous (Blizzard, duh) and shoots flames out when you do stuff. Real stealthy like.

Enosh

It is the tank spec, but for questing it means you can pull everything, take the roiling blood talent and just spam Death Strike and Blood Boil and it all dies and you don't
what he said, you got enough self healing and cds with blood to pretty much chain pull everything, plus doe to the way dks works (tanking with a two handed weapon etc) you do quite a lot of dmg too

frost is great too, burst dmg, great aoe and self healing with death strike (glyph of death strike, a free DS after every kill is pretty much mandatory)

unholy, well I guess it works, but it is a lot more based on the diseases, your pet and the thingy that buffs your pet, so it works but it is slower than frost

scoobs

Good lord the Rogue challenge armor looks dumb as hell. It's fucking enormous (Blizzard, duh) and shoots flames out when you do stuff. Real stealthy like.

how about that shaman armor lol? Rogue armor looks cool until the fire stuff... when you are attacking with the armor on you get surrounded in a cloud of smoke occasionally too, which is neat

Dresden

It's a pity that 2 out of 4 druid specs won't actually see their challenge mode armor too much. Looks cool, too; dat mongoose proc.

Mage armor looks silly.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Guys, I just realized

I'm hyped

I'm hyped too, but mostly for pet battles and getting new spells on my characters.

I like pandaren, but was never into the whole super Asian thing. I think Blizzard went the easy/lazy route by just throwing an Asian flavor of paint on everything as opposed to coming up with something original for that race.

That said, I did not participate in the beta so I'm just speculating based on the trailers and music we've been shown so far.

Chris R

Almost done with my RAF stuff for my monk :D What is the best Monk leveling spec (need to know what type of gear I should pre-buy/make to ensure I'm not dying asap at level 80)?

Rokam

Rösti;42386170 said:

I have set up the Stone Guard as trial for my guild. We have just casually raided before but I think it would be nice to give it a go, the mechanics aren't that difficult: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/zone/mogushan-vaults/the-stone-guard

The epic crafted gear requires a material that you get from disenchanting raid gear. So you won't see that till week 2.

What server time are you seeing this happen? I know dailies reset on my realm at 4am realm time, are you seeing them reset again at 5am?

The Monk quests have a daily so I could get an extra hour of 50% exp if the reset thing works :p

It happens at 3/4/5 AM CST. Server time doesn't seem to have any effect on it.

Courtesy of WoWHead:
We found a cool Horde/Alliance promotion going on at Xbox Live--but it ends tonight. Here are the details.
Blizzard is giving away free Horde and Alliance tshirts for your Xbox Live avatar until 11:59pm today only.
To get the t-shirt, simply log into Xbox Live. You have to visit while on the console to be eligible.
On the frontpage of Xbox Live, there's an ad for MoP that plays a video. After the video finishes, you can get the free Live avatar gear--but you have to wait until the video is done.
It asks you whether you want a Horde or Alliance shirt, and then you get the item. It's possible to get both shirts.
This promotion is US-only.
Too bad this ad doesn't show on the dashboard beta. That sucks.

I have to wonder how fast you'll burn out (if at all) with this one. Well, I should see you (along with plenty of other people!) on Mal'Ganis at least.

Unfortunate that I only have enough money for one transfer (besides the scroll one) at the moment. Means that I'm probably leaving my Shaman behind temporarily while I bring my DK and Warrior over. Warrior because he has max Jewelcrafting, even though I'd rather have the character variety from having someone who can heal. Maxed Inscription on him too would be nice to have at launch, but not as good as JC.

Suppose I can level someone quick. Maybe another Druid (even though I have one at 84 on Area 52.) Could try a Priest - haven't gotten one past level 40. Doing another Paladin is an option as well. Have one at ~70 on my current server (also a Mage at that level), but that's not too much to throwaway. Really, I'm more time rich than cash rich at the moment, and spending over $100 to transfer all my useful characters is far too much.

Yoshichan

I have to wonder how fast you'll burn out (if at all) with this one. Well, I should see you (along with plenty of other people!) on Mal'Ganis at least.
It's not about "burning out", it's about tolerating and enduring the bullshit my guild is going to force me through ._. They're not very good, and I'm just following them on their raiding-trips...

It's not about "burning out", it's about tolerating and enduring the bullshit my guild is going to force me through ._. They're not very good, and I'm just following them on their raiding-trips...

I hear ya. I'm currently waiting to see what happens after hitting 90 when it comes to my guild and raiding. There's some drama that started around Firelands and it really put a damper on me doing anything but LFR. I don't wanna go through that again and I'll change guilds if I need to.

ampere

LOL. Apparently I have 12GBs to download. Wasn't the Mists patch only 6GB?

I'm pretty sure I was up to at least 4.3. Was there really that much more added? It did say something about reorganizing WoW files though...

Also:

iirc the launcher says you have much more to download than you actually have to

there is a lot of file reorganization too

Top Bottom