• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

mileS

are you fucking serious with this cross-realm zone bullshit on pirate day in booty bay? turn it off for that zone for the day... what a mess

the only way I can get that achievement is logging on my horde alt thanks to the 75 horde camping the area from about 6 different realms.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
They should really just go all out and do it like SOE. Buy the expansion and get all previously released expansions plus the base game for free.

They probably would if they had the metric for people at max level saying they should.

There's probably a high percentage of players who are fine with just the game up to 80.

Auction House question: How does the AH deposit work when you post an item? Sometimes I see it take out several gold, sometimes just a few silver. Does 12h/24h/48h matter? Or how much you are posting the item for? How is the deposit determined?

TheYanger

Auction House question: How does the AH deposit work when you post an item? Sometimes I see it take out several gold, sometimes just a few silver. Does 12h/24h/48h matter? Or how much you are posting the item for? How is the deposit determined?

It's a percentage of the base value (the vendor price is based off of this as well, so basically look at vendor price) that increases as you list it for longer.

Rokam

Zoned into Blasted Lands, to find some nice world pvp going on, pushed the allies back to Nethergarde then took over the keep. Fun times.

RPGCrazied

You just have to be exalted with a guild that has the achievement and then you can buy it. No need to raid if you don't want to

They don't. :( Either its a hard achievement, or this guild is really small. 128 members. Last few days I was the only person on. lol - I don't want to feel like a dick and leave after I got the mount and pet. I'll stay for awhile.

frogg609

Hey everyone, I'm an 85 Frost DK, and I want to make sure that I am playing my class properly (I'm in iLevel 374 gear, and tend to be in the lower end of my LFD and LFR groups in terms of damage according to Recount.

Here's what I do (encounter starts):
Am in Unholy Presence

Right click on enemy
hit macro that pops both Pillar of Frost and Raise Dead
Outbreak
If I have pairs of Frost/Unholy pairs of Runes or both Death Runes I'll hit Obliterate until I have no pairs (also if Killing Machine hits and it glows)
If I see my Runic power at 100 I hit Frost Strike
If Rime pops then I'll hit Howling Blast
If nothing else to do I'll hit Horn of Winter

I just want to make sure this is correct and that I'm not missing anything.

Thanks!

Rokam

Hey everyone, I'm an 85 Frost DK, and I want to make sure that I am playing my class properly (I'm in iLevel 374 gear, and tend to be in the lower end of my LFD and LFR groups in terms of damage according to Recount.

Am in Unholy Presence

Right click on enemy
Outbreak
If I have pairs of Frost/Unholy pairs of Runes or both Death Runes I'll hit Obliterate until I have no pairs (also if Killing Machine hits and it glows)

Thanks!

With 5.0 Frost Presence is now the stance to use.
Pop Army a few seconds before the fight starts if possible
If you have a trinket that has a stacking strength buff wait for it to hit 10 stacks before popping Ghoul/Pillar.
Rotate Outbreak & Unholy Blight (If that's the talent you picked)
If you're 2H favor Obliterate on KM procs, if you're DW favor Frost Strike. If you're MasterFrost spam HB, only use Obliterate to use up Unholy Runes. (My knowledge on Masterfrost is lacking)
Frost Strike when it's needed but don't ever let it go over cap. You'll want to use spam it if all your runes are on CD. And your usage of HoW is correct.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

Am in Unholy Presence

Right click on enemy
Outbreak

Thanks!
Frost Presence now. Don't right click, auto attack starts automatically. Rotation is different depending on dual wield or 2H.

With 5.0 Frost Presence is now the stance to use.
Pop Army a few seconds before the fight starts if possible
If you have a trinket that has a stacking strength buff wait for it to hit 10 stacks before popping Ghoul/Pillar.
Rotate Outbreak & Unholy Blight (If that's the talent you picked)
If you're 2H favor Obliterate on KM procs, if you're DW favor Frost Strike. If you're MasterFrost spam HB, only use Obliterate to use up Unholy Runes. (My knowledge on Masterfrost is lacking)
Frost Strike when it's needed but don't ever let it go over cap. You'll want to use spam it if all your runes are on CD. And your usage of HoW is correct.
You only use Obliterate in DW if you have both UH runes up (assuming you have Runic Empowerment) AND D&D is on CD to game runes for more HB spam.

frogg609

Thank you for the assistance. I'll try this after I get off work.

I am 2H currently.

I had picked Plague Strike to give me back a rune, would Unholy Blight be more useful?

Rokam

Frost Presence now. Don't right click, auto attack starts automatically. Rotation is different depending on dual wield or 2H.

You only use Obliterate in DW if you have both UH runes up (assuming you have Runic Empowerment) AND D&D is on CD to game runes for more HB spam.

Yeah that's the masterfrost, you can still do the normal DW haste, it's just the lowest dps. (Favoring frost strike)

I am 2H currently.

I had picked Plague Strike to give me back a rune, would Unholy Blight be more useful?

Plague Leach requires near flawless execution for a minimal dps upgrade. I'm not confident in my skills so I use Blight, and honestly with the amount of fights with AoE or soloing having it is amazing.

ampere

They don't. :( Either its a hard achievement, or this guild is really small. 128 members. Last few days I was the only person on. lol - I don't want to feel like a dick and leave after I got the mount and pet. I'll stay for awhile.

It's not particularly hard, clearing the tier11 (Blackwing Descent, Bastion of Twilight, and Throne of the Four Winds) raids in a guild group.

If you talk to them about doing it at level 90 you guys will breeze through it really easily, it could be a fun way for you to see the instances too!

I am 2H currently.

You're talking about level 15 talents, right? I think Unholy Blight might be a better choice, Plague Leech seems situational like if a mob with diseases on it is about to die, or single target and Outbreak comes off cooldown. I prefer Roiling Blood on my DK, but I play Blood spec so I'm getting free Blood Boil procs often.

Rokam

World pvp over, we were doing great till an assload of Kel'Thuzad alliance showed up. Raid fell apart after we were pushed back into the portal.

Also reminding everyone again to cap your honor/JP at 4k before Monday night! Nothing beats getting good gear the instant you hit max! And for those on Mal'Ganis I'll be playing a shitload focusing on getting BS up quickly as well as nabbing the patterns from the Klaxxi Rep so hit me up (Motanix) if you need something made. Will do it for free, assuming I have the Spirits of Harmony.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

I am 2H currently.

Plague Leech is harder to use if you aren't well-versed in the rotation.

Rokam

Screenshot from the ongoing slaughter. I guess Booty Bay is also getting wrecked due to the pirate event.
5OFTq.jpg

ampere

Screenshot from the ongoing slaughter. I guess Booty Bay is also getting wrecked due to the pirate event.

Your screenshot inspired me to check it out on my realm and sure enough there was some chaos going on. I didn't see any Mal'ganis players, but we killed some horde for a bit until they organized and wiped us out

Rokam

The pile of bones is so huge now, about 40 alliance camping the area. Trying to do the Kara questline is not pleasant currently since I have to go back and forth through the portal. Pesky alliance, luckily I rezzed and flew away while some other horde was getting demolished.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Cross realm zones are cool, i just started EPL, and i've already seen like 5 different players just by doing the first quests, while before i was lucky to even see more than one guy in the whole zone.

And whats with all those people killing each others in Blasted Lands on those pictures? :lol

The pile of bones is so huge now, about 40 alliance camping the area. Trying to do the Kara questline is not pleasant currently since I have to go back and forth through the portal. Pesky alliance, luckily I rezzed and flew away while some other horde was getting demolished.

Our servers must be merged.

edit: haha they just disabled cross realm.

JCizzle

World pvp over, we were doing great till an assload of Kel'Thuzad alliance showed up. Raid fell apart after we were pushed back into the portal.

Also reminding everyone again to cap your honor/JP at 4k before Monday night! Nothing beats getting good gear the instant you hit max! And for those on Mal'Ganis I'll be playing a shitload focusing on getting BS up quickly as well as nabbing the patterns from the Klaxxi Rep so hit me up (Motanix) if you need something made. Will do it for free, assuming I have the Spirits of Harmony.

Don't you need the rep to spend it first? :(

Rokam

New interview with the lead encounter designer is up on Tankspot. Was a pretty good read.

Don't you need the rep to spend it first? :(

It only requires honored, which unless they have drastically changed things, you'll get from normal questing.

Rokam

So if you want a good laugh there's plenty of threads on the official forums popping up about getting killed due to the outbreak of world pvp. Hilarious!

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
So if you want a good laugh there's plenty of threads on the official forums popping up about getting killed due to the outbreak of world pvp. Hilarious!

Well is it people on PvE servers getting merged into PvP? That would make me mad too.

Yep, I think BM is top spec right now closely followed by Survival.

With Battletags now working with it, it's really pretty awesome. I've used it to get my Ulduar-25 and ICC-25 metas done and get the mounts.

I wouldn't worry too much about messing up unless you're just horribad or sabotage a raid on purpose. Just as long as you show up and do your thing, you should be okay
I really need to do this. I have one achievement left for the lich king mount.

Fjordson

I'm guessing the cross realm zone feature got rolled out to more servers? Seeing it today for the first time in Mount Hyjal.

I have to say...I love it! People talking in general chat about horde locations, actually feeling somewhat worried when I'm exploring by myself and I see a 200k HP Death Knight fly overhead, ganking lowbies. There was a huge battle at one of the quest hubs (Shrine of Goldrinn I think) and it was a ton of fun. I don't doubt there will be some growing pains for some people who prefer the zones to be "quieter", but I think it's great.

Fjordson

I've been marathoning all the Mount Hyjal quests for the past two days (awesome questline) but I'm not sure if I missed something. I gained a foothold with Malfurion in the Molten Front and unlocked some dailies, but the story isn't really concluded. Is this the 30 days part I've seen people mention required to unlock the final quest(s)?

Also, what an awkward area for daily quests. All the objectives are in this one little area and there's like 50 horde and alliance just fighting each other :lol

Robin64

I'm 99.99% sure I saw a video of someone showing that you no longer needed to be in a group.

Just tried to get into AQ40 solo, no go. I didn't get a message, but the instance portal was like an invisible wall. As soon as I grouped up with someone and made a raid, it let me in. The lack of message suggests it should be working..

Also, people who play on a PvP realm then whine about there being PvP are annoying.

Rokam

Wow Timbermaw rep is super easy now. Went from Unfriendly to Exalted in less than an hour. Not sure what to work on next, slowly getting down the annoying ones.

Robin64

Yeah, Argent Dawn and Thorium Brotherhood take about that long now too. It's lovely! Not you get anything from them, but still. They count towards the 30. :D

(And, in MoP, the 70..)

scoobs

I've been marathoning all the Mount Hyjal quests for the past two days (awesome questline) but I'm not sure if I missed something. I gained a foothold with Malfurion in the Molten Front and unlocked some dailies, but the story isn't really concluded. Is this the 30 days part I've seen people mention required to unlock the final quest(s)?

Also, what an awkward area for daily quests. All the objectives are in this one little area and there's like 50 horde and alliance just fighting each other :lol

It keeps going, theres more quests.. you just keep unlocking new ones until the story is over.

ZenaxPure

I have to say the scenario is a lot more interesting when you have no one capable of healing, and in particular just straight 3 DPS. Have to use more CC/defensive cooldowns and such, was pretty fun on my rogue.

JCizzle

If you can only choose one for next week, which day would you take off: Tuesday (first day), Wednesday (likely more stable), Thu, or Fri?

Entropia

No One Remembers
If you can only choose one for next week, which day would you take off: Tuesday (first day), Wednesday (likely more stable), Thu, or Fri?

In theory, Tuesday should be stable but yeah Wednesday should have all the kinks worked out.

I'd say Wednesday. If you took Tuesday off, you're not going to have anything to do Monday after work until Midnight PDT when the game launches.

Top Bottom