• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

lordmrw

Ugh, there's nothing worse than putting together an awesome transmog set in the model viewer only to realize half the pieces you need aren't in the game anymore. Happened 3 times on my rogue and I did it again for my paladin.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So I bought the digital MoP CE and it says I can download the client... but isn't it already downloaded in my current WoW-client? When I start the game, it says I have version 5.0.5.

If you can only choose one for next week, which day would you take off: Tuesday (first day), Wednesday (likely more stable), Thu, or Fri?

I would say Wednesday as well. There will be kinks, you can pretty much bet on it, but they won't last long. Also I think giving the other players a 1 day head start helps clear out the starting zone congestion a bit. It's gonna be a zoo put there!

aesop

If you can only choose one for next week, which day would you take off: Tuesday (first day), Wednesday (likely more stable), Thu, or Fri?

I took Tuesday and Wednesday off. Problem solved. But if I had to choose just one? Friday. Then you get three solid days of the new stuff with probably less traffic in the new zones.

In other news, last night I finished up all the raid achievements I wanted to finish up before MoP by downing H Madness. In the past week I've completed Glory of the DS raider, H Rag and H Madness (got Sinestra a couple months ago). Feels good, man.

Too bad my dice are completely borked, though. Rolled a 30 on the Rag mount and 80 on the DW mount (lost to a 99).

Fjordson

^.^

Basically when the game launches at Midnight PDT / whatever time zone you're little swede butt is in, the content will be available right away. SUPPOSEDLY you won't need to log out and log back in.
Seriously? That's awesome. I'm getting a retail copy, but I guess once I add the CD key to my account I'll just be able to hop right in? Sweet.

Also, Molten Front has to be one of the most bizarre areas in the entirety of WoW. Maybe it's just me, but there's something hilarious about this tiny area being in a perpetual state of madness because of all the daily quest objectives and masses of horde and alliance constantly camping each other.

Not to mention my crappy laptop gets like 10 FPS in here, lmfao.

Entropia

No One Remembers
Wow, this is insane! How does Blizzard do this :p?

They are magic Yoshi-chan~~~~~~~~~~

Also:
http://us.battle.net//wow/en/blog/7315729

In the coming months, we're planning an update to Battle.net that will give you more control over your online presence when playing Blizzard games. Soon, World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, and Diablo III players will be able to select "Appear Offline" as one of their Battle.net social-status options (along with Available, Busy, and Away) for those times when they want to wander Azeroth by their lonesome, dominate the galaxy in radio silence, or slay demons in solitude. When you choose this option as your status, all of your Real ID friends, BattleTag friends, and character-level friends will see you as “Offline” in their friends list whenever you’re logged into a game.

The “Appear Offline” status option will be added to World of Warcraft, StarCraft II, and Diablo III separately in future updates for each game. For Diablo III, we expect to add the feature in a patch after 1.0.5. For World of Warcraft and StarCraft II, we expect to add the option sometime after the release of each game’s upcoming expansion.

Thanks for your continued feedback, and we’ll share more information on the availability of this new feature in the months ahead.

Do not like.

The notion of logging on to an online role playing game and then going "Offline" so your friends can't see you seems pretty detrimental to the whole "Massively Multiplayer" experience.

Entropia

No One Remembers
No it isn't. Sometimes I want to log in and not be bothered on any of the games i decided to play.

That's not how the game is meant to be played.

I know I'm probably in the minority in thinking this way. But it seems completely counter-intuitive to have the option to appear offline in an online only game.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I think you're being a little ridiculous. It's not damaging to the game or antithetical to the genre if people who want to do some solo stuff have the option to really be solo. Doing actual MMO stuff like raids and dungeons will obviously put you into contact with the people you are playing with anyway. It's not like "appear offline" will make you an invisible ghost taking up a spot in a group that no one can interact with.

Robin64

It will be funny when people log in as invisible, to avoid people they aren't in the mood to talk to that night or whatever, then end in a pug with the very people they are hiding from or just get seen out in the world.

I know I'm probably in the minority in thinking this way. But it seems completely counter-intuitive to have the option to appear offline in an online only game.

You only appear offline to the people on your friends list. You still interact with people in the game normally. It just gives you a privacy option. Maybe I don't want my real ID friends bugging me to play Starcraft 2 with them while I'm running 5 mans or don't want to be bugged about crafting or some AH item I have up. Maybe I want to ladder for a few hours in Starcraft 2 without my guild bugging me to heal something for them because they know I'm online. There are plenty of reasons why giving people the option is a good thing.

Ultratech

The pile of bones is so huge now, about 40 alliance camping the area. Trying to do the Kara questline is not pleasant currently since I have to go back and forth through the portal. Pesky alliance, luckily I rezzed and flew away while some other horde was getting demolished.

I saw this last night on my DK. I must've been real lucky with the loading since I was able to fly outta there quickly without getting hit by anyone.

Really wish they'd make it so you could enter raids without a raid group. Could have sworn in beta it was possible.

They mentioned something about putting it in one of the next patches or two. (It was something along the lines of if it wasn't in the next patch, it'd probably be after.)

Probably Wednesday.

sazzy

I think its completely inappropriate for someone to ride you before asking if its ok.

Just because you're in travel form doesn't mean you're asking for it.

Sethos

Banned
Any addon that can point out the most valuable item in quest rewards? I tend to just pick the item I can get the most money for and it'd shave off a few seconds at each hand-in to have it light up the most valuable for me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Battle.net, show as offline?

FUCKING FINALLY, SOME PRIVACY :D

Berordn

It's only offline on Battle.net, your character still shows up in game, on rosters, etc.

I, for one, love this. The guild members I have on realid love to pester me when I'm playing on the opposite faction or try to coax me into doing things with them on WoW when I'm playing D3. This doesn't prevent me from interacting with people or not being part of the online experience, it just lets me get some privacy from the people I know personally once in a while.

Bizazedo

My friends keep bugging me to Diablo 3. I don't want to. It gets tiresome.

Ideally there'd be an option to make yourself invisible to all games except the one you're in.

I think its completely inappropriate for someone to ride you before asking if its ok.

Just because you're in travel form doesn't mean you're asking for it.

God, this just screams out for a joke response, but NeoGAF seems extremely politically correct.

Works the same way with Xbox live. Sometimes I don't like being bothered by people and I just want to play by myself. Just cause its an online game doesn't mean I have to be playing with people constantly or that I like being bugged when playing wow to go play diablo.

ampere

Really wish they'd make it so you could enter raids without a raid group. Could have sworn in beta it was possible.

We aren't going to support Raid Finder for content that is much lower level than your character, but we are going to allow you to enter old raids solo without being in a raid in a future patch (ideally the next major one, but standard no promises). That should facilitiate a lot of transmog farming.

This was a blue post from the Best Buy QA session, so there's hope for 5.1!

sazzy

My friends keep bugging me to Diablo 3. I don't want to. It gets tiresome.

Ideally there'd be an option to make yourself invisible to all games except the one you're in.

God, this just screams out for a joke response, but NeoGAF seems extremely politically correct.

I bit my tongue in half while writing that.

Robin64

Just rolled a tauren paladin on a completely random PvP realm. Fancied a change. Anyway, loving the CRZ. There's actually life here! Seeing people from at least five other realms and I love it. Brings back some of that original WoW feeling. Questing alone was just so.. bleh.

Appear Offline is boss.

I might actually add more people with this being the case. I hate when you're raiding and people decide to start messaging you even though you're in the damn raid. This way I can just turn them off and focus on the people I'm playing with.

Get hype.

Edit: Damnit. Already posted. Can't wait.

Yeah didn't watch it before. Also didn't have much hype before. Hype gotten.

Starting up tomorrow (going into weekend rather than today). Should be good. Really wish I had space for WoW on my PC partition so I can switch between it and Dota 2 easily. Maybe I can squeeze it in if I uninstall some Steam games.

Anyone know the full client size for Mists?

Irnbru

In the matter of two weeks, we got Savior of Azeroth, Dragonslayer, and Firelord all before the expac, awwwwyeah, and I won the mount from Rag :D

Top Bottom