• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

What's that program you got there?

That's the Curse Client (Mac Version.) Best way to keep track of updating addons. Always boot it up immediately after a patch, and maybe once every two weeks otherwise to see if anything was updated rather than manually checking, and moving addons into the proper folder.

What you're seeing in the top left corner there is the amount of addons I had that needed to be updated (in addition to the client itself updating in the middle.) Still in the process as I'm not a premium member, so I have to click update every time for each addon. But that's me not having updated anything since January at the latest.

Is that Mac version picture cropped or is it that minimalistic? The Windows version looks fairly ass.

Cropped, but that's pretty much all there is to it. Here's a full shot of the window for comparison:

dRJMr.png

All done updating!

ampere

They really need to start despawning skeletons faster. Lag so bad zoning into blasted lands.

I went to check out the Molten Front today, went from 90fps in Hyjal to 25fps in the Molten Front.

Can you imagine how crazy this would look on mainland China's WoW? So many tombstones lol

JORMBO

Darkness no more
My gaming PC appears to have died. I hit the power button and nothing happens. It is like 6 years old now so I do not want to invest in it anymore, but I can't afford a new one for awhile. Guess I will be sitting this one out :(

Getting there!

Again, I'm really not sure why it decided to download ~10-12GBs rather than closer to 6. I guess maybe from tossing out accumulated patches and reorganizing that data in cleaner, compressed files. Alas, nothing to really do about it but wait. Should bring the total installation closer to 20GBs rather than 25 or 30.

can anyone point me to a place that has all of the mop changes/new features all listed and consolidated into one place?

I think there was a feature on WoW Insider somewhere, but I couldn't find it at a quick glance. Wowhead should have one too if it's not up already. I'd appreciate a link as well since I haven't followed every detail on developments while I've been away from the game.

Magnus

Nice, I like the faded pattern. Is that reflective or is it just the flash from the camera?

Just the flash, haha

So, absolutely nothing installed from the discs. Two DVDs, and the included insert says they include ALL the WoW data from Vanilla through to Pandaria. Running Disc 1 starts up the launcher, and then it just says game is ready. So, is MoP effectively on everyone's computer whether or not they have the expansion? I know all 5.0 data, including Pandaren is on there, but I didn't realize Monks and Pandaria itself and dungeons from MoP were downloaded already too regardless of an MoP purchase.

I realize a bunch of that is necessary owing to the nature of the game -- I mean, it'd be ludicrous to not be able to see a Monk do their thing if you didn't own MoP but one ran by. Imagine if a walking ad for MoP blurred out actual monk players for example, haha.

Still, it's not all that different in a way from the issue of on-disc DLC and shit that everyone goes crazy over, like with all of Capcom's shenanigans the last year or so.

CE points:

The bluray is fucking gorgeously well-produced. All the usual bells and whitsles; Cata patch cinematics (that I never actually remember being released and seeing over the last two years), the MoP CG intro (in gorgeous, pristine 1080p), and an hour's worth of actually REALLY well-put together behind-the-scenes stuff. Was a total pleasure to go through it all tonight. Man, you'll have some real respect for that CG intro after seeing all that went into it.

The soundtrack seems like the usual affair too. I'll listen later, but I know I already love what I've heard of it.

The artbook is hardcover, but seems rather...blah this time around.

There are the usual indentations in the box's plastic guts for things like cards and whatever, but there's no extra shit like TCG cards or anything this time around. I got 3 Trial cards to give to friends for WoW/SC2 (not Diablo III), and aside from the artbook, game, bluray and soundtrack and mousepad, nuttin' else. I guess there's the digital content too, like the mount and pet. I'll check 'em out later, but that's old news now since everyone with the digital deluxe edition's already been rockin' those.

All the officers and members from my deadish raiding guild starting logging any again the last few days. Suddenly I realize that they are all no fun and I can't stand them :p what to do, what to do.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm thinking about jumping in with the wife to play for a bit. We probably won't play to the end game or even past 60. Her account only has vanilla and maybe TBC. Will I need to purchase Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm for her account in order to play the Mists of Pandaria content? Surprisingly, this information doesn't seem to be available on the WoW website.

I'm thinking about jumping in with the wife to play for a bit. We probably won't play to the end game or even past 60. Her account only has vanilla and maybe TBC. Will I need to purchase Wrath of the Lich King and Cataclysm for her account in order to play the Mists of Pandaria content? Surprisingly, this information doesn't seem to be available on the WoW website.

Scrolls of Resurrection. Email anyone who plays (such as me). They send you an invite. you get 7 days free time and a free Cata upgrade.

(you will need Pandaria to play 85-90 content but Panda's themselves are playable by anyone no matter what expansion so you will have some new content)

Wrath of the Lich King is now free to everyone with an account. So you only need Cataclysm to play Mists. Also depending on when your account last went inactive you may be qualified for the Scroll of Resurrection. That'll give you Cataclysm for free along with some other bonuses.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the info! It will be a few days or maybe a week or so before we give WoW another go, but I'll keep all of this in mind. Much appreciated.

Rokam

It's really cool they're adding rare spawn items. Examples:
-Fishing Lure that is reusable that lets you catch more fish
-Mining Pick that lets you get gems from mining (Flavor text says it, no confirmation either way)
-Item that teaches a cooking recipe that lets you make a drink that turns you into a Hozen Pirate.

Crap load more items, spawn in various locations around the world. Some hidden, some out in the open.

OMG. Been logging in on all my characters for achievements and stuff to update and I have no idea what I'll be doing when it actually comes to combat and playing the game. Gotta fix a bunch of stuff that got jostled around with addons as well.

One thing I did notice is that one of my reserve names (for a Mage, preferably) on Mal'Ganis was freed from a level 1 to someone else :( It also apparently happened only 6 days ago, so maybe I could contest it if I really wanted to.

Name was "Oxidize". Pretty good name for a fire Mage, or whoever else. Have been able to snag most of the other names I like or have used previously though, so not too bad.

Also - anyone know where you can access the Scroll of Resurrection bonuses (character transfer mainly) after clicking ignore the first time? Since I skipped that bit when it prompted, but said I could go back and do it later. Now I can't find where that would be.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
CarbonatedFalcon, do you have my RealID?

Also - anyone know where you can access the Scroll of Resurrection bonuses (character transfer mainly) after clicking ignore the first time? Since I skipped that bit when it prompted, but said I could go back and do it later. Now I can't find where that would be.
Did you use any of the other bonuses such as the boost to 80? I think you have to do it all at once.

Dresden

Should be on your account page on battle net. Check the game section, click WoW, should be on the side--at least that's how it was for me.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Just the flash, haha

So, absolutely nothing installed from the discs. Two DVDs, and the included insert says they include ALL the WoW data from Vanilla through to Pandaria. Running Disc 1 starts up the launcher, and then it just says game is ready. So, is MoP effectively on everyone's computer whether or not they have the expansion? I know all 5.0 data, including Pandaren is on there, but I didn't realize Monks and Pandaria itself and dungeons from MoP were downloaded already too regardless of an MoP purchase.

I realize a bunch of that is necessary owing to the nature of the game -- I mean, it'd be ludicrous to not be able to see a Monk do their thing if you didn't own MoP but one ran by. Imagine if a walking ad for MoP blurred out actual monk players for example, haha.

This is their most ambitious launch yet. I'm guessing a lot of server strain is going to be mitigated by the CRZ, but they're trying to launch MOP right at midnight with 0 delay, so everyone has to be up to speed well before that. I've had 5.0 on my HDD since Aug 18 iirc.

You have all that content there already, it's probably a lot easier that way. The world isn't segmented when everything is released, your account determines what you can access, not what data you have on your computer.

Did you use any of the other bonuses such as the boost to 80? I think you have to do it all at once.

Nah, not yet. It says in the FAQ that there should be some "Claim Rewards" button on the game management page, but I'm not seeing it. All that's on the right is a prompt to upgrade to Mists, and I haven't found it anywhere else. May have to submit a ticket. Don't really need to worry about transferring for a couple days at least though. Still need to sort out all my inventories and crap, as well as tweaking my addons/action bars/etc. before making the move. It's kind of overwhelming at the moment.

CarbonatedFalcon, do you have my RealID?

No. Nor battletag. We should fix that later.

Magnus

Found a rare non-combat pet out in the world, too bad pet battles aren't turned on so I can catch it.

The pets have been running around in the world since 5.0? Damn, haven't seen a single one....wtf. I mean, I haven't seen one light up and such in the way they do in the MoP beta. I guess that'll be different from 5.0.

Rokam

The pets have been running around in the world since 5.0? Damn, haven't seen a single one....wtf. I mean, I haven't seen one light up and such in the way they do in the MoP beta. I guess that'll be different from 5.0.

Didn't light up, was a named version of the spectral faerie dragon. Just bumped into it while surveying. Thought it was odd that it was named. Didn't see a trainer around, so assume it's a rare pet.

TheYanger

You don't see them like that without pet battles trained, I don't think (which you can't do until tuesday).

And...I figured out where the "Claim Rewards" button is. Not in the most obvious place, mind you. Had to do a google search which pulled up a forum topic that explained it. Silly that they don't show you exactly where it is in the FAQ or Walkthough.

But yeah, don't need to use it quite yet.

You don't see them like that without pet battles trained, I don't think (which you can't do until tuesday).

I've found a couple myself on live. Granted, it was two out of the hundreds I've seen since the patch but I'm not surprised a few made it through. But yeah, no skill trained equals no catching.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it before but I discovered the Tauren War Stomp scares the shit outta critters. They bail out and go nuts for a couple of seconds before returning to their spawn point. Cracks me up every time I do it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So the pandaren starting zone is going to have multiple instances on the same realm to prevent overcrowding. Nice!
Link?

Rokam

MMO-Champion. Lots of good stuff up there in the latest post.

The Wandering Isle, the pandaren starting area, will also not have CRZ enabled at launch, though we’ll have multiple instances of this zone running as needed for each realm, in an attempt to prevent overcrowding.

Yoshichan

That is ridiculously good! Thank you Blizzard :3

Rokam

That 'Burn the Edict' quest should just be removed and then overcrowding would be much less of an issue

If anything that balcony should be a Cross Realm Zone. :)

Looks like they fixed the dailies resetting. Dammit! Will finish up my 4th race on Monday :(. Don't know when I'll go back to finish up the last one.

Sethos

Banned
Is it my imagination or did Hunter's BM spec become more viable as a DPS spec? I seem to be outputting some great DPS and lots of great abilities to up them even further.

Fjordson

Is it my imagination or did Hunter's BM spec become more viable as a DPS spec? I seem to be outputting some great DPS and lots of great abilities to up them even further.
Nope, not your imagination. BM is awesome now =D

I think it's such a fun spec, love having my pet be super useful. Definitely glad that it got a bump.

mileS

Yea. but you couldn't use it on ultraxion or deathwing(madness). or at least some platforms of the madness fight. Which is complete bullshit and should have been fixed. Mind you none of this matters much anymore but it was annoying.

On another note. Playing my arms warrior today was sad... the hotfix nerfs are completely uncalled and theres no question it was overnerfed. If its a nerf made for level 90.. it still doesn't make sense because arms is doing kind of blah as far as that goes. Fury has been crazy @ 90 on the charts so they should have just nerfed that a bit. You know instead of bringing every single damaging ability in the arms warrior rotation down by that much. blaaaaaah. anyways.... /rant

sazzy

Strafer I'm sure you have heard it already (the full 12 mins), but if you haven't, please do. Its really good.

Those damn last 2 mins make up for the slow build up. Its so worth it.

Ultratech

I've found a couple myself on live. Granted, it was two out of the hundreds I've seen since the patch but I'm not surprised a few made it through. But yeah, no skill trained equals no catching.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it before but I discovered the Tauren War Stomp scares the shit outta critters. They bail out and go nuts for a couple of seconds before returning to their spawn point. Cracks me up every time I do it.

Yeah, I've found a few myself. They'll show up as green paw prints on your mini-map when you target them. I guess you get a Tracking skill when you learn the Pet stuff?

I had to laugh when I was questing in Felwood and ran into Minifernals. lol

It was viable before? Though I'm still pissed they haven't fixed all the pet bugs in DS. My wolf STILL goes into the abyss to get behind the claw tentacles on Madness. (The exception is the farthest left platform.)

At least they work on Ultra now, though I still think Kill Command is bugged on the drakes before that.

Top Bottom