• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Ultratech

The ZA bear is EZPZ. Should be able to get it quickly in Mists if you don't between now and launch. It's a pretty ugly color compared to the old one though.

Hard to find a good group for it on my dead ass server. And randoms typically aren't geared and/or coordinated enough to pull it off.

I'll probably have to wait until Mists where it'll be a lot easier to get.

Rokam

I swear there's massive battles going on everywhere. A few days back I flew to Netherstorm and there was a battle going on in Area 52. While doing dailies in Twilight Highlands, CoC, the alliance town & Dragonmaw Port all had battles going on.

I swear there's massive battles going on everywhere. A few days back I flew to Netherstorm and there was a battle going on in Area 52. While doing dailies in Twilight Highlands, CoC, the alliance town & Dragonmaw Port all had battles going on.

I need to find someone on a pvp realm to invite me to a group so I can participate in this awesomeness sometime :(

This is kinda awesome. But people were in Netherstorm? Da fuck?

Fjordson

There totally is, I love it.

Lots of skirmishes all over Hyjal on my server, same goes for Halaa.

But people are going back to the old stomping grounds tonight. Some of the biggest PvP battles I've seen in years in STV near Booty Bay and in Southshore. I was fooling around in STV earlier, was a lot of fun. Felt like the old days. And it was crazy, some guy asks if I need to a group for PvP and I told him sure. I was expecting 10-15 people, but it was a raid group with 38 people in it =O

Berordn

Did not want to play a monk since everyone will be, but damnit after watching a gameplay video they look awesome. Sigh.

They're fun to play for sure, but I'd sit on rolling one for a while just because of all the changes that are probably going to come to the class over the course of the expansion like what happened with Death Knights. It's not exactly the same issue since Monks start at level 1 and aren't inherently designed to be overpowered, but when the class gets in the hands of the masses and they start doing unpredictable things with them they're bound to have some significant tweaks heading their way.

Ultratech

Yeah, we've had some skirmishes over in Silithus and the Blasted Lands.

Alli were ruthlessly ganking people in Silithus trying to get the Twilight dudes, and of course, people ambushing others near the Dark Portal.

Rokam

So listened to the interview on The Instance, and they confirmed that they are working on a DotA style BG. It's only in the concept stage at the moment, and no guarantee it'll be released during MoP's life cycle. Sounds interesting though, possibly using NPC's instead of Towers.

Tarazet

They're fun to play for sure, but I'd sit on rolling one for a while just because of all the changes that are probably going to come to the class over the course of the expansion like what happened with Death Knights. It's not exactly the same issue since Monks start at level 1 and aren't inherently designed to be overpowered, but when the class gets in the hands of the masses and they start doing unpredictable things with them they're bound to have some significant tweaks heading their way.

I wouldn't necessarily worry about these things. We have someone in our guild group who has played a Hunter since Classic, including during the expansions where the entire rotation was Aimed Shot on cooldown. There's frequent changes with any class, new or old, just depending on what Blizzard is trying to do at any given moment.

Berordn

I wouldn't necessarily worry about these things. We have someone in our guild group who has played a Hunter since Classic, including during the expansions where the entire rotation was Aimed Shot on cooldown. There's frequent changes with any class, new or old, just depending on what Blizzard is trying to do at any given moment.

As of late they're better about holding off on making significant changes until the launch of an expansion's systems patch, and it just seems like that might not be the case with the Monk class since there's a whole lot of random things they might not have had the chance to test. But you're right, anyone can adapt quickly if they put significant time into playing the class. If you end up maining a monk, you'll be able to deal with anything they tweak.

idlewild_

There totally is, I love it.

Lots of skirmishes all over Hyjal on my server, same goes for Halaa.

But people are going back to the old stomping grounds tonight. Some of the biggest PvP battles I've seen in years in STV near Booty Bay and in Southshore. I was fooling around in STV earlier, was a lot of fun. Felt like the old days. And it was crazy, some guy asks if I need to a group for PvP and I told him sure. I was expecting 10-15 people, but it was a raid group with 38 people in it =O

blasted lands is a warzone right now on illidan, ton of sargeras alliance crawling about and a couple full groups from illidan down there as well.

Puckmarin

Banned
I realize that this is subjective but can someone suggest a good, high population, east coast, Alliance, PVE server. I'm looking to level a Monk fresh come Tuesday and it's been a few years since I've played.

Rokam

I realize that this is subjective but can someone suggest a good, high population, east coast, Alliance, PVE server. I'm looking to level a Monk fresh come Tuesday and it's been a few years since I've played.

If this site I use for populations is correct then Stormrage sounds like the server for you.

Fjordson

blasted lands is a warzone right now on illidan, ton of sargeras alliance crawling about and a couple full groups from illidan down there as well.
Haha, I play alliance on Sargeras! That's cool. I see a lot of Illidan Horde on my server in Hyjal over the past few days.

Cipherr

If this site I use for populations is correct then Stormrage sounds like the server for you.

I play on Stormrage now, moved my toons over a couple months back. Stupidly active PvE scene. You can PUG anything here with minimal effort. People are always running everything and LFM in chat in town.

Population is crazy high also, makes for a dense and active Auction House economy.

Chris R

Ready for MoP now :D got all my RaF stuff setup and a ghetto set of 70-80 gear for the monk to wear that should allow me to finish the quests in Hyjal.

zugzug

Ready for MoP now :D got all my RaF stuff setup and a ghetto set of 70-80 gear for the monk to wear that should allow me to finish the quests in Hyjal.

oh you kids racing to level 90 and speeding downt he I-5 slow down and smell the roses :p

Its days like this I wish it took a month to reach level 90 not this bullshit 10 projected hours :)

I'm playing the game, but it's like I'm not. Just going through on cruise control, rotation done from muscle memory. But it's not like it matters if I'm doing well, only if I'm doing passable. People are overgeared and the content is super nerfed. So odd right now.

I think things will feel better when I server transfer and start all my addons, action bars, etc. from scratch. Right now I'm just kinda zoning out every time I play. Gameface should be back when the content is actually challenging.

Deacan

9/10 NeoGAFfers don't understand statistics. The other 3/10 don't care.
Anyone available to send me a scoll of resurrection for EU?

I can pm you my email.

Rokam

oh you kids racing to level 90 and speeding downt he I-5 slow down and smell the roses :p

Its days like this I wish it took a month to reach level 90 not this bullshit 10 projected hours :)

I plan on playing for about 24 hours on release day, but I'm actually going to read every quest and not skip cutscenes. Probably do a little exploring as well. I don't know why but the brand new lore kinda has me excited.
No more stupid ass fucking dragons
The main reason I want to get far quickly is for the gold, getting dailies started up early to get patterns and get a flying mount to start farming ore.

Chris R

Who said anything about rushing? I just didn't want to slog through 1-80 again on my monk :p Probably won't be 90 until mid October.. Never did the Beta stuff either so I have no clue about where stuff is or optimal paths or zones and what not.

TheContact

ready for monk:
(never used raf)
Wo_WScrn_Shot_092312_085920.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I am ready! Cleared my bank/put everything in AH. I am also mentally prepared :3 Let's do it!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
What about snacks and drinks?
I stopped with that crap after Diablo 3 - realizing that it'll hurt me more than what I'll be gaining :3 I'll eat and drink the regular stuff for the entire launch-period. I can't say the same thing about sleep though, but that's a given of course!

strafer

I stopped with that crap after Diablo 3 - realizing that it'll hurt me more than what I'll be gaining :3 I'll eat and drink the regular stuff for the entire launch-period. I can't say the same thing about sleep though, but that's a given of course!

Yeah, I stopped with that too after WotLK.

Now I only have a big bottle of water next to me.

Puckmarin

Banned
I play on Stormrage now, moved my toons over a couple months back. Stupidly active PvE scene. You can PUG anything here with minimal effort. People are always running everything and LFM in chat in town.

Population is crazy high also, makes for a dense and active Auction House economy.

Amazing. Just what I was looking for, probably.

How's the battlegroup?

idlewild_

How does one have 10 85's? I only have 4. I have 10 characters, but different levels. I thought I had lots of free time. :p

I am not sure how he did it, but I basically abused RAF. Dual boxed 3 sets of classes to 80, then boosted one fully to 80 and another from 40 to 80. Took around 3-4 days /played for 8 80s.

Should I be disabling dark apothecary when I enter dungeons? Does it mess with the tank's aggro?

AFAIK it doesn't take much away from my DPS but a tank was bitching about it last night.

TheContact

How does one have 10 85's? I only have 4. I have 10 characters, but different levels. I thought I had lots of free time. :p

took a while, for the healer classes and tanking classes i lvld almost exclusively from 15-85 via chain dungeons. Past lvl 80 I usually only play with rested. I could have done this more efficiently if I played multiple classes at the same time but I did it one-by-one. I have a few 85s on other random servers, but I wanted to get the max level of every class on one server without doing any kind of paid transfers or anything

I was able to get full to near full heirlooms for max xp bonus on most of these guys while leveling them, so that helped

Berordn

Should I be disabling dark apothecary when I enter dungeons? Does it mess with the tank's aggro?

AFAIK it doesn't take much away from my DPS but a tank was bitching about it last night.

It gives all your abilities extra threat, effectively turning it into a tank stance, making it an aggro fight between you and the tank. You shouldn't need to have it on as long as you do have a dedicated tank.

Yoshichan

And now, my balance druid is ready for leveling :D I was planning on leveling 85-90 as resto... but I said "fuck it" :lol

Somnia

Well decided to roll on Stormrage. Right now I'm running a Worgen Warlock named Enshadowed (ya kinda lame, but every name was taken!). Pretty excited to get going, but I think I'll be making a Panda come Tuesday =)

Top Bottom