• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
So today, I found out that my guild leader and her boyfriend (who are my co-GMs) won't be able to afford MoP... I knew people had issues with their economy, but I had no idea it was this bad.

Guess I'm giving them the money... it's either that, or I'll have to wait a month or two for my guild to catch up. Fuck.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
So today, I found out that my guild leader and her boyfriend (who are my co-GMs) won't be able to afford MoP... I knew people had issues with their economy, but I had no idea it was this bad.

Guess I'm giving them the money... it's either that, or I'll have to wait a month or two for my guild to catch up. Fuck.

To be honest, they need to stop playing.

Sethos

Banned
On another note I'd like to say that Blizzard's 'pay' mounts are some of the ugliest mounts in this game. Every single mount that isn't acquired in-game or is part of their card game are ugly as hell. Bought the MoP CE Digitally where you got that ... Xen abomination, there's the awful Tyrael's Charger that had potential but is a pony with armor and some spastic looking wings, the Celestial Steed is just ... no. Spectral Wind rider, one of the SoR rewards is based on the ugliest default flying in the game and the new one is a turtle-neck panther.

Maybe it's just me but I'm so disappointed they make them so unattractive. The only one I sort-of like is the Winged Guardian, looks like a lion with wings but then they make it blue and give it some weird face looking helmet.

Can't they actually make a nice mount?

Wubby

On another note I'd like to say that Blizzard's 'pay' mounts are some of the ugliest mounts in this game. Every single mount that isn't acquired in-game or is part of their card game are ugly as hell. Bought the MoP CE Digitally where you got that ... Xen abomination, there's the awful Tyrael's Charger that had potential but is a pony with armor and some spastic looking wings, the Celestial Steed is just ... no. Spectral Wind rider, one of the SoR rewards is based on the ugliest default flying in the game and the new one is a turtle-neck panther.

Maybe it's just me but I'm so disappointed they make them so unattractive. The only one I sort-of like is the Winged Guardian, looks like a lion with wings but then they make it blue and give it some weird face looking helmet.

The Zhevra and X-53 weren't that bad I thought. If RAF mounts count as pay mounts anyway. New RAF mount is ok.

sazzy

But then people complain that they are using the sub fees to make mounts.

Sethos

Banned
The Zhevra and X-53 weren't that bad I thought. If RAF mounts count as pay mounts anyway. New RAF mount is ok.

They were novelty I'll give you that but they weren't really cool. Both were just silly, in my opinion. I'd love to see them make one good looking mount. Because I ask myself, they have the premise for awesome mounts like Tyrael's Charger but manage to screw it up so badly ... Do they do it on purpose to make the mount less attractive in-game or because the people responsible for these mounts are downright incompetent?

TheYanger

They were novelty I'll give you that but they weren't really cool. Both were just silly, in my opinion. I'd love to see them make one good looking mount. Because I ask myself, they have the premise for awesome mounts like Tyrael's Charger but manage to screw it up so badly ... Do they do it on purpose to make the mount less attractive in-game or because the people responsible for these mounts are downright incompetent?

I think you're wrong about a lot of those mounts. I'm sure I'm not the only one (Sparkle pony would've been badass if it wasn't everywhere, The new RAF mount is awesome, the two old ones are neat, the spectral gryphon is badass, the spectral wind rider is not but it's a wind rider it can't help it, the dragon is AWESOME and has the same stigma as the sparkle pony).

Not if you wanted to be competitive DPS. First MM had a good run and then Survival was the business but BM was always the lowly third it seemed. Now it skyrocket past both of them apparently.

BM was a good spec in more than one situation in Cata.
I'd like to note that when we did Rag in Exodus, every single hunter was BM. and they were like 3 of the top 4 on the meters at the end of the fight.

ampere

Are they going to rely on you to pay their subs as well? You might want to look for a new guild

Sparkle pony would've been badass if it wasn't everywhere
Guaranteed Algalon 25 drop during wrath and people would have lusted over it I bet, heh

some people are crying about cross realm zone but on Bonechewer and some other servers involved they are happy that World PVP is back lol.

there are 3 raid groups each for both the horde and alliance and the battle lasted for almost the whole night.

This is a friends screens BTW
256657_10152123887020790_538150486_o_zps06e7787d.jpg

the aftermath
290446_10152123888635790_510710300_o_zpsa06dbcf3.jpg

BM was a good spec in more than one situation in Cata.
I'd like to note that when we did Rag in Exodus, every single hunter was BM. and they were like 3 of the top 4 on the meters at the end of the fight.

I've played BM faithfully through Cata and more than half the time was higher on damage than other hunter specs. It's very possible they were not as good with their rotations and that's what did it but I always felt that playing what felt most comfortable made the most sense for me.

On the subject of GM and co-GM not getting the expansion and feeling obligated to buy it for them or having your Mists experience gimped... screw that. They should hand the guild over to someone else until they can catch up. There's no excuse for making your guild feel like they need to carry you through something that's a financial issue. Especially when heaven knows what they're really spending their money on.

Robin64

Just saw this posted by Blizzard.

Starting tomorrow, console gamers can wear their World of Warcraft faction’s colors with pride. For a limited time, you can claim a free horde or alliance shirt for your Xbox Live avatar.

All you have to do is log into Xbox Live, click on the Mists of Pandaria advertisement, watch the trailer, and then click on the “Free Avatar Gear” button.

The advertisement will start running on the Xbox Live homepage on Sunday, September 23, and will run until October 6, 2012. Don’t miss it!

RPGCrazied

Ok. I'm having a shadow problem. Only on water reflections, but they don't look right, or they aren't aligned right, or just giant.

Anyone else have this problem?

Wo_WScrn_Shot_092112_194041.jpg

Ok. I'm having a shadow problem. Only on water reflections, but they don't look right, or they aren't aligned right, or just giant.

Anyone else have this problem?

I think I was noticing this before the patch dropped but definitely after. It bugs me when I'm flying. *chuckles*

RPGCrazied

I think I was noticing this before the patch dropped but definitely after. It bugs me when I'm flying. *chuckles*

Oh. Glad I'm not the only one then. I have to put my liquid detail on low if I want to get rid of it, then its the old water from ages ago. Doesn't look good. :p

bogg

So I just started playing again, trying to run a dungeon and as soon as I enter combat the game becomes unplayable, it just freezes. Got any ideas why?

some people are crying about cross realm zone but on Bonechewer and some other servers involved they are happy that World PVP is back lol.

there are 3 raid groups each for both the horde and alliance and the battle lasted for almost the whole night.

This is a friends screens BTW
256657_10152123887020790_538150486_o_zps06e7787d.jpg

the aftermath
290446_10152123888635790_510710300_o_zpsa06dbcf3.jpg

Looks epic. If it keeps up I may need to Xfer a toon to a pvp realm.

By the way Blizzard said that Xbox Live ad runs until Oct. 6th. Only in the US and I'm not sure if it'll show up if you have the latest Xbox Dashboard beta. I really hope it does.

Huh. I checked the dashboard yesterday when it was supposed to be there and it wasn't. Maybe just an early preview, and then they decided to renew the ad for longer? Not gonna say no to free stuff when it only takes a minute to do.

And I'll probably be transferring two characters to Mal'Ganis tonight or tomorrow. My DK and most likely my Warrior. I'll try and rapidly level something else on the server as well. Have a good stable of heirlooms to choose from. Though I gotta sort out what I need to take with me vs. what I'll leave behind for now, and figure out how I'm taking my gold. The cap is 50k per character, but I have something like 114k. So...just finally buy a motorcycle? Or maybe a vendor mammoth...

I'll probably leave ~5k on the server just in case, but I still have to figure it all out, and sort through my crafting materials, as well as the guild bank I had full of various things.

ampere

So I just started playing again, trying to run a dungeon and as soon as I enter combat the game becomes unplayable, it just freezes. Got any ideas why?

Check the video options and see if SSAO is checked, or if your settings are just too high in general. Do you have any addons?

bogg

Check the video options and see if SSAO is checked, or if your settings are just too high in general. Do you have any addons?

Deleting the WTF, cache and interface folders did the trick. I know you should do that first whenever you get a problem in the game but I've been out of wow for a few months and forgot about that.

Rokam

Man the Molten Front is a clusterfuck. Feel kind of bad letting people get killed, but them dying distracts people long enough to get quests done bit by bit.

Man the Molten Front is a clusterfuck. Feel kind of bad letting people get killed, but them dying distracts people long enough to get quests done bit by bit.

Yeah...I came to the realization sometime this morning that transferring to Mal'Ganis will have some downsides, especially with cross-realm zones. Benefits still outweigh the negatives, but ehhhhhhh. (Fishing contests, Rare Spawns, etc., and dealing with PvP on top of that.)

Fjordson

Lmfao, it absolutely is. Like I said earlier in the thread, it's one of the most bizarre locations in WoW. So much activity in such a little area. Daily objectives running all over the place, plus hordes of people camping each other. It's hilarious.

I've just been using the hunter camouflage to sneak around one of the sides and then start picking up objectives towards the back.

Rokam

The Death Knight pvp set in MoP looks amazing on Goblins, definitely going to have to do some pvp for transmogging purposes.

Teletraan1

Banned

Its so stupid though because its a separate zone you have to load into. No reason to make it overpopulated and they could definitely cap the pop low like they are able to do with the MoP starting areas. They probably just don't care at this point lol.

Rokam

Its so stupid though because its a separate zone you have to load into. No reason to make it overpopulated and they could definitely cap the pop low like they are able to do with the MoP starting areas. They probably just don't care at this point lol.

Eh it'll be back to normal on Tuesday, hell probably even less people than before.

Somnia

Area 52 but it's sorta dead. People are congregating on Mal'Ganis (Horde) though, albeit in different guilds. That's sort of the best way to go about it at this point.

Ok, I've played off and on since burning crusade, but never really played much except for on vanilla wow so I'm basically starting over 100% and wanted to be on a server with more people.

I've grown tired of GW2 already, but still playing it here and there, but I really want to get back into the MMO scene and figure, why not really give WoW a shot this time.

Ok, I've played off and on since burning crusade, but never really played much except for on vanilla wow so I'm basically starting over 100% and wanted to be on a server with more people.

I've grown tired of GW2 already, but still playing it here and there, but I really want to get back into the MMO scene and figure, why not really give WoW a shot this time.

You'll find the highest concentration of Gaffers with mains on Mal'Ganis, we'll just be spread across different guilds. Area 52 had a decent amount of people playing alts, maybe a dozen. But not many logged in recently. Both servers are highly populated and near the top of progression, but Mal'Ganis more so. A52 is PvE though and Mal'Ganis is PvP.

Somnia

You'll find the highest concentration of Gaffers with mains on Mal'Ganis, we'll just be spread across different guilds. Area 52 had a decent amount of people playing alts, maybe a dozen. But not many logged in recently. Both servers are highly populated and near the top of progression, but Mal'Ganis more so. A52 is PvE though and Mal'Ganis is PvP.

So Mal'Ganis it is

So Mal'Ganis it is

If you're interested in doing Recruit-A-Friend, I'm going to need to be leveling extra characters there anyway (can't afford all the transfers I'd like) if you want to blaze through stuff and go straight to end game. Otherwise someone can Scroll your old account and you'll be upgraded to Cataclysm for free (if you didn't have it already). That nets you a free transfer for one character if you want. Staying with an old account may be enticing if you had things like legacy PvP titles or the old mount skins from Vanilla. The base game does include up to Wrath now though.

One of these days, the Blue Proto Drake will drop.

Account-wide, so just keep plugging at it!

Ultratech

No set looks good on goblins, helmet always looks terrible. But the nerubian looking helmet just looks fantastic.

Heh, this is similar to my view on Trolls. They can wear a few sets kinda good, but a lot of helms look like ass on them. They've rectified it a little bit with some of the more recent stuff at least.

Like right now, I'm rocking the Green-colored T8 set on my Hunter (which looks pretty badass with the gas mask).

One of these days, the Blue Proto Drake will drop.

And one of these days, the White Hawkstrider will drop. But I'm feeling a lack of motivation to go get the thing. Still want the ZA Bear...

Somnia

If you're interested in doing Recruit-A-Friend, I'm going to need to be leveling extra characters there anyway (can't afford all the transfers I'd like) if you want to blaze through stuff and go straight to end game. Otherwise someone can Scroll your old account and you'll be upgraded to Cataclysm for free (if you didn't have it already). That nets you a free transfer for one character if you want. Staying with an old account may be enticing if you had things like legacy PvP titles or the old mount skins from Vanilla. The base game does include up to Wrath now though.

Account-wide, so just keep plugging at it!

I'm just reactivating my old account which does have cata attached. I don't know what all I had unlocked it's been so long, I got cata for free and never really played it. Thanks for the offer though =)

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'm just reactivating my old account which does have cata attached. I don't know what all I had unlocked it's been so long, I got cata for free and never really played it. Thanks for the offer though =)

You also get a free character boost to 80 on a scroll.

Top Bottom