• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

I think I'm done for the night (At least for a few hours.). Server is still ultra laggy, and the only way to get a decent dungeon queue is to tank, which I don't feel like doing at the moment.

Hopefully it will clear up a bit more as people have to go to work/school/whatever.

Chris R

Got my 80 monk, just can't decide which class I want to get to 90 first. Only have 1 85 (my mage) but I hate mages now so I might just use her to farm ore (only could get 4 nodes in the 30 mins or so I was playing with no flying :( )

Kenai

Successfully sped my Panda Monk out of the starting area before it got too crowded. Now he's all BOA'd up and ready to level at a more relaxed pace when I log back in. I want to rest now though.

Fjordson

I absolutely love the look of Pandaria (great music as well) but it's a little hectic at the moment on my server. Doing some boring regular stuff, like Molten Front dailies. They've never been so peaceful! Haha.

sazzy

Got about half way through 85, did the first two dungeons. Stopped.for now, gotta study for a test.

Took about half an hour to get through the first couple of quests, but it was pretty smooth sailing afterwards.

I cant imagine what the most crowded servers are going through.

V_Arnold

Any tips regarding what professions to choose as a Monk?

I plan on tanking endgame, so Mining/JC comes to mind, as do LW/Skinning (naturally), but I am kinda tired of stones a bit, and skinning does not fit a PANDA too much, lol.

I do not know. The reason I am asking is because I have been out of the loop regarding the lv90 state of professions.

TheContact

I expected to see more people leveling Pandas this morning. I got to level 6 and I ran into about 3-4 people on same quests I was doing.

glaurung

Got my CE from Amazon a few minutes ago.

I look forward to going home and playing
Borderlands 2
because the servers will be getting hammered to smithereens this evening.

strafer

http://www.blizzplanet.com/blog/com...ook-in-the-horizon-turalyon-alleria-next-xpac

He also revealed they have plans for Turalyon and Alleria in the next expansion after Mists of Pandaria. Sargeras plans somewhen in the future. Warcraft IV not in the foreseeable future, but Mists of Pandaria has sort of a spiritual feel — probably some of the plots might carry on in Warcraft IV?

0367_r8lk.gif

Rokam

So a big fuck you to whatever Blizzard quest designer okayed the quest Wicked Wikket. Quite possibly the worst quest in the history of WoW. If you're a melee you're just fucked. Guys parachute out of the sky, so all the ranged classes get dibs. And on a server like Mal'ganis it took me 30 minutes to complete it.

Didn't end up finding the Ancient Pandaren Pickaxe, but did get the fishing charm which gives me extra fish from pools!

So a big fuck you to whatever Blizzard quest designer okayed the quest Wicked Wikket. Quite possibly the worst quest in the history of WoW. If you're a melee you're just fucked. Guys parachute out of the sky, so all the ranged classes get dibs. And on a server like Mal'ganis it took me 30 minutes to complete it.

Didn't end up finding the Ancient Pandaren Pickaxe, but did get the fishing charm which gives me extra fish from pools!

Dat hyperbole.

I mean overpopulation is going to be an issue for like......2 days. Maybe a week during peak hours.

Rokam

Worst quest ever was the Shattrath tour.

You can just alt tab during that, tab back in every now and then to make sure he's still in range. It's just poor quest design, how could they not see "Oh shit melee will just have to get extremely lucky for this quest" And yeah overpopulation will go down... but majority of people leveling now, and a quest like that stops a whole lot of people dead.

You can just alt tab during that, tab back in every now and then to make sure he's still in range. It's just poor quest design, how could they not see "Oh shit melee will just have to get extremely lucky for this quest" And yeah overpopulation will go down... but majority of people leveling now, and a quest like that stops a whole lot of people dead.

Oh I agree.

Was just sayin. There have been some obscenely terrible quests lol. Where you are not sure whether the drop rates are just obscenely low or if you are killing wrong mobs :p

(they removed most of those in cata tho)

Garryk

Anyone noticed that the profession trainers have things available to train that you already know? I went to the Fishing Trainer to train ZM but every other level of fishing was available to train as well.

Fosh

Neo Member

Cant u just throw a knife at them to get claim?

kswiston

Is Stormrage still a mess? I haven't played wow in a few months, but was thinking about picking up the expansion and jumping back in. Most of my characters are on Stormrage though. Will wait a few days if it's lag city.

Ultratech

Damn, I guess I'm missing out on all the fun. :(

On a positive note, I finally got an Armani Battle Bear just a few hours before MoP hit!
Had a really awesome group and we just tore through that place.

Ended up winning it with a 23 roll. Feels good man. :D

I was a little disappointed this morning since I was gonna go grab MoP before work, but found out that Best Buy doesn't open until 9. -_-

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Really liking this so far.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I'm actually taking it very slowly... and loving it... Stop hatin' ._.

Westlo

Holy shit @ Frostmourne an Australian server having a 1700 person queue @ 11:40 pm... that shit cray.. only down to 1300 in queue now.. guess I'll play gw2 for an hour sigh... at least when dead or alive 5 is out i can play that while waiting...

Raskett

Reading through all of the comments, I am dangerously close to being sucked back in! I am currently 82 so have two expansions to work though :D

Garryk

After much debating, going to level the Rogue first. Logged in early this morning and set up my leveling spec/hotbars, trained my professions, and emptied out my bags.

I need to do some spring cleaning on my bank and guild vault.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I played this morning for a bit around 6AM eastern. Didn't experience any population issues in the few quests I did, even saw unmolested herb and mining nodes.

ElRenoRaven

I was actually surprised the server I play on was not that bad this morning when I logged in for about 30 mins to start my monk and reroll my shaman. Course it's a medium to smallish server. Still though the starting area wasn't near as packed as I thought it would be.

Someone was already hitting maxed Archeology though. That was at about 4 and a half hours after launch.

Just had DK, Warlock, Druid and Paladin realm first 90s... that seems odd...

Not really. Druid or pally tanks while the other heals and the Warlock of course is DPS. Not a bad group I think. And hell think of the AOE those 3 can do. So yea not a bad group at all.

Top Bottom