• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I LAUGH AT THE PITIFUL ALLIANCE AND THEIR QUEST ISSUES!

Loxley

For those who didn't watch the Machinima launch event last night, they had a Blizzard vs. Blood Legion run on Moshu'gun Palace's Challenge Mode in front of the crowd of hundreds waiting pick the game up at midnight, it was pretty fun to watch. The goal was to see who could get a Gold Medal (Kill the 3 primary bosses + 20 other enemies in under 12 minutes) the fastest.

Blizzard Team's run (their team was made up of members of Blizzard's encounter testers)

Blood Legion's run

Both runs show just how much a different class-composition can make.

Berordn

wow cool... I didn't know that.
There are a number of items, low quality crafted items and world drops mainly, but occasional epics as well, that use affixes similar to Diablo. But even those have fixed values, no "rolling" outside of which affix gets attached.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
of course, someone from vigil gets realm first 90

For those who didn't watch the Machinima launch event last night, they had a Blizzard vs. Blood Legion run on Moshu'gun Palace's Challenge Mode in front of the crowd of hundreds waiting pick the game up at midnight, it was pretty fun to watch. The goal was to see who could get a Gold Medal (Kill the 3 primary bosses + 20 other enemies in under 12 minutes) the fastest.

Blizzard Team's run (their team was made up of members of Blizzard's Encounter testers)

Blood Legion's run

And just small decisions such as everyone using invisibility potion to shave a few seconds off by avoiding a mob can impact things. It really is "work smarter, not harder".

Cipherr

Ahhh Im so pissed right now. Questing is a mess even once you make it out of that first hub. Its laggy, takes 10 seconds to mount, they didnt make many of the mobs multi-tappable like they should have. The phasing in and out is a PITA, and respawn rates are not nearly high enough for the hundreds trying to get shit done.

ZenaxPure

Blizzard Team's run (their team was made up of members of Blizzard's encounter testers)

Blood Legion's run

Challenge dungeons look so amazing, that is actually the first time I've ever watched anything related to them, it was beautiful. Can't wait to try some of that.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Questing sucks now. I might just run a few dungeons and do the questing zones in a few days. Even if I slowly get stuff done questing it just isn't much fun with people flying around every 2 feet.

I don't know what people are bitching about quest wise. Mine are going smoothly, have very nice variation to keep things interesting, and are actually fun. People should feel bad.

(bugs will be bugs of course but still......I have only hit a few.

Just woke up now after last night, feeling refreshed. Bit disappointed that it's late now, so I'm a bit behind (but not by much obviously if I'm still playing on launch day.)

Hopefully it's less laggy now and the experience is actually nice.

I don't know what people are bitching about quest wise. Mine are going smoothly, have very nice variation to keep things interesting, and are actually fun. People should feel bad.

(bugs will be bugs of course but still......I have only hit a few.

I haven't had any trouble, either. Maybe I'm just not far enough yet.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
That "final" cinematic for "that zone" was hilariously bad :lol they must've put max $5 on that.

Magnus

Yeah, most of the 'cinematics' are pretty terrible, haha. I used to take a dump on Wrathgate and the closing cutscene for the Lich King, but they're like masterpieces compared to this.

I'm supremely grateful that Mal'ganis, of all servers, is remarkably lag-free, without restarts or any real issues, save that first hour after launch. It's been butter smooth, and even questing hasn't been crazy overcamped or anything (except for one or two so far). I'm sorry to hear it hasn't been the same story on all realms. :(

Jrmint

Questing sucks now. I might just run a few dungeons and do the questing zones in a few days. Even if I slowly get stuff done questing it just isn't much fun with people flying around every 2 feet.
Have you never played a WoW expansion on launch day? It slows down within a day or two.

I'm supremely grateful that Mal'ganis, of all servers, is remarkably lag-free, without restarts or any real issues, save that first hour after launch. It's been butter smooth, and even questing hasn't been crazy overcamped or anything (except for one or two so far). I'm sorry to hear it hasn't been the same story on all realms. :(
Yup. I had problems for about 30 min when realms went up on medivh. Its been smooth sailing since then.

I have nothing but praise for the actual content so far. Still a bit bitter about no pre pandaria world event though. The stunning art makes up for it though. Never have I been more grateful for ultra graphics than now.

Yoshichan

Is there even a cinematic that looks good? Like the Goblin and Worgen ones from the starting zones?
Hmmm...

Nope :D!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Resubbed the other day - and now honestly have no idea what I want to play. Haven't played since late in Wrath and the only thing I played were Shamans.

Honestly really disappointed to see what they've done with Shamans. Totems are a mess now, I really miss dropping totem sets and it feels like they've ripped the heart out of the class with the way they work now. Fundamentally the rest of the class really hasn't changed a whole lot which is honestly kind of a letdown compared to revamps some classes have been getting.

Basically stuck between chooosing Mage/Lock/Priest/Druid/Paladin. Think I want to play a caster DPS, and what they've done with Boomkins is pretty neat. Both Mages and Locks are vastly different than what I remember them to be and SPriests look nifty.

Twiddling my thumbs here at work trying to figure out what I want to play later tonight (well not sure how much wow I'll get in between FIFA and Tokyo Jungle). Honestly have no idea how to make this choice since I've been out of the loop for ages and really don't know how some of these classes feel.

Sadly enough Pandaren can't be the majority of the classes I feel like trying. Bummer.

Yoshichan

Well... at least they've put effort where it counts... the dungeons, the zones, the quests and the music... right?
Yes.

edit: well, so far :3

Dresden

Man, Golden Lotus really are kinda rare. Ten stacks of herbs picked and only two nodes so far.

Smooth experience so far outside of the launch morning Unleash Hell bottleneck.

Yoshichan

Kung Lao summit is beautiful.

Man, Golden Lotus really are kinda rare. Ten stacks of herbs picked and only two nodes so far.

Smooth experience so far outside of the launch morning Unleash Hell bottleneck.

I found two within 15 minutes of playing my shammy in Pandaria. He's Tauren, so with an army knife I was able to pick them. Sold em for 1000g. Not that that helps much, being an alt server now...

No one else would have had the skill to pick them.

Chris R

Got my monk play style down pretty well now I think, and the WOTLK greens I had ready for him are working well.

Think I screwed myself with the monk specific quests though as I turned them all in (and got no reward) and then died to Cheng :(

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
So just in the first few quests, i've sunked a ship with the name "Reaper" and killed a bunch of Harbingers...

Someone at Blizzard been playing Mass Effect recently or its just a coincidence. :lol

Yoshichan

WTF @ the graphics... snowy mountain parts of Kun-Lai...

SaberVulcan

Good thing Amazon had to cancel my overnight shipping or I would be in this painful boat too. Hopefully it will be cleared up when I get my hands on it.

Negator

Got halfway to 86 in between classes today, couldn't buy the game until I finished my exam, and now I'm about to go into the rest of my classes for the day.

The urge to just skip this class right now and go home and play is huge right now.

Top Bottom