• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck yeah, time to do the new instances that just got unlocked :D LOOOOOVING IT

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
SYMBIOSIIIIIIIS!

Okay, so Mogu'Shan Palace is unbelievably pretty.

Also, FUCK YEAH I just realized I don't have 100k mana anymore :lol I have 160k now... 60k from 3 levels XD

Sethos

Banned
edit: I was very tired when I started playing, but now I feel like I can go on for 50-60 hours. I think I'll do that, in fact.

God damn man

iblo9PJ1bdjsHc.jpg

Yoshichan

Okay so Mogu'Shan looks good and the loot is excellent... but the exp is HORRIBLE, wtf ,_,

Tamanon

Banned
About to hit 20 on the Windwalker Monk. Waiting on Mistweaving until at least 30 as you don't get many tools before then anyways.

LOVE Flying Serpent Kick.

Yoshichan

I've started growing some vegetables, and I've waited like 2 hours for them to grow... still nothing, god damn it T_T Why can't they grow as fast as in Harvest Moon?!

Yoshichan

Holy haste batman
jKzih.png

Okay so Mogu'Shan looks good and the loot is excellent... but the exp is HORRIBLE, wtf ,_,

Didn't someone mention they were watching the EU servers then nerfed the experience by 20% in there?

Westlo - Having better luck with those settings adjustments?

Bleh. It's probably best I don't have it just yet (I'm waiting on Amazon to drop it off) since I need to get stuff done. Almost bought one at the launch event last night and figured it was safer waiting. Wish I could have gotten my rested XP during this time though. :(

Yoshichan

Didn't someone mention they were watching the EU servers then nerfed the experience by 20% in there?
I thought that was Temple of the Jade Serpent?

Loxley

Managed to finish off the Pandaren starting area with my Panda Priest and it was very enjoyable.

Fuckin' A, the music. Russel Brower you genius. Can't wait to give the 85+ content a try, but going to hold off for now until the mobs die down a bit.

Tamanon

Banned
FYI, if you're a monk, do your Zen Pilgrimage at level 20. First class quest gets you a staff and +50% mob and quest XP for an hour. Then you can get that buff daily.

Sarcasm

I swore I wouldn't give in temptation and so far so good. Plus paying a sub is a huge downer as in I have to worry about international transfers.

=/

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I've never played WoW, but do you guys think your current good gears will get nerfed when the expansion comes out? Due to better roles on an item?

Gear never(or rarely anyway) gets nerfed. Unless you meant that new quest items will replace our old raid gear? That's always been the case with new expansions.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
The stages of a new Blizzard release for Yoshichan:

1. The Marathon Stage
Yoshichan plays the game for twelve to twenty-four hours straight.

2. The Love In
Yoshichan comments on how good the game is and praises the individual aspects of it

3. Anger and Bargaining
Yoshichan reaches max level, runs out of content and begins criticizing the game. He may lash out and lay unwarranted blame for finite amount of content on the developers. He may say things like "I will never buy another Blizzard game again if they don't fix this"

4. Acceptance and Hope
A patch will fix it.

Magnus

God damn; the art/music are just plain beautiful. I love journeying through this world.

Mal'ganis just shit the bed for the first time since launch, so I'm takin' a quick break.

Leobentobox - Priest, 86 (for now :)) if anyone else is on the server!

Yoshichan

dave is ok, what have I ever done to you... I don't deserve this.

Alchemy

Anyone tried pet battles? Theyre actually pretty fun.

I got some in this morning before work. Got my Personal World Destroyer to level 3 and an Undercity Cockroach to 4. Caught a rare Hare and some other guys in Durotar. I think I might just wander around Azeroth with my Hunter battling pets until I've captured everything and move on to Outlands.

WoW is now the Pokemon MMO I've always wanted... but with less Pokemon things I still want.

Formosa

I am currently playing D3 but the truth is that I am not really enjoying it, I would quit without a heartbeat if I know friends that plays WOW, but sadly they all play D3.

Note: I work full time so only have 2-3 hrs of play time per weeknight and I can play all day on Sat/Sun.

I understand that I would need to join group raids in order to get the best legendary gears. Can you guys let me know roughly how long does it take to get a good legendary item with good roles? In D3 I get about 1 legendary every 2 to 3 nights but the roles sucks because too much luck is involved. How about in WOW? does luck take a big part?

Cipherr

I am currently playing D3 but the truth is that I am not really enjoying it, I would quit without a heartbeat if I know friends that plays WOW, but sadly they all play D3.

Note: I work full time so only have 2-3 hrs of play time per weeknight and I can play all day on Sat/Sun.

I understand that I would need to join group raids in order to get the best legendary gears. Can you guys let me know roughly how long does it take to get a good legendary item with good roles? In D3 I get about 1 legendary every 2 to 3 nights but the roles sucks because too much luck is involved. How about in WOW? does luck take a big part?

WoW is such a vastly different game from D3. Especially loot wise. I couldnt even begin to try and explain it man. They are so far apart.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
The stages of a new Blizzard release for Yoshichan:

1. The Marathon Stage
Yoshichan plays the game for twelve to twenty-four hours straight.

2. The Love In
Yoshichan comments on how good the game is and praises the individual aspects of it

3. Anger and Bargaining
Yoshichan reaches max level, runs out of content and begins criticizing the game. He may lash out and lay unwarranted blame for finite amount of content on the developers. He may say things like "I will never buy another Blizzard game again if they don't fix this"

4. Acceptance and Hope
A patch will fix it.

To be Fair, that cycle is an accurate representation of D3 feelings for a whole slew of people and not really yoshi-exclusive.

JCizzle

Just play the free trial and give it a shot. As mentioned, the gearing & content is so different. However, dungeons and raiding is more enjoyable than any aspect of D3 (which is obviously highly subjective). There is a bigger rush for me killing world ending type bosses in a group than doing it by myself.

As far as luck, just a matter of the item dropping. Each item is static in WoW - an individual item won't have randomized stat distribution.

idlewild_

Man, those starting quests in jade forest were a clusterfuck of epic proportions. Luckily things started cooling down and becoming playable once the jinyu quests started.

Garryk

This is the first time I've played Combat spec on my Rogue since they made Blade Flurry a toggle. All cleave, all the time.

Cipherr

Unplayable mess, still cant complete the first coptor quest. They didnt instance the last part of the quest so everyone is in a fucking coptor trying to sink the ships. And noone can progress because it sticks you in first person with a zoomed camera and you cannot even see the ship you are supposed to shoot through the other 100 coptors.

Top Bottom