• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Chris R

High - Area 52. I believe it's one of the most populated servers out of all of them.

I had no queue at all less than two hours ago :(

Hope the queue is gone by the time I get home.

(Would be great if someone in the NeoGAF guild would invite me (if anyone is still in it that is).

Enosh

Ahhh Im so pissed right now. Questing is a mess even once you make it out of that first hub. Its laggy, takes 10 seconds to mount, they didnt make many of the mobs multi-tappable like they should have. The phasing in and out is a PITA, and respawn rates are not nearly high enough for the hundreds trying to get shit done.
really? respawns were pretty good for me
for most kill/collect quest I just found a mob that wasn't taken, killed him, waited 1-2s and he respawned, repeat X times on the same spot, didn't even have to move

got to 87, did some pokemon (I really like what elvui did with the UI for that one) and logged off for today, will continue tomorrow, 2 more levels planned ^^

Pretty sure this is the best place to ask this but what realm is good for Alliance raiding (EU)? I stopped playing after cata having played since just before TBC but just ordered mists and plan on rerolling a panda monk and starting fresh but have no idea where to go. I had heard Outland was good but considering the que hit 3k today I don't like the sound of it.

Pretty sure this is the best place to ask this but what realm is good for Alliance raiding (EU)? I stopped playing after cata having played since just before TBC but just ordered mists and plan on rerolling a panda monk and starting fresh but have no idea where to go. I had heard Outland was good but considering the que hit 3k today I don't like the sound of it.
I don't play on the EU but I always hear Outland. Of course as you said the queue times are crazy.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I just saw a mount in the vendors for 108k... bought the two cheap ones (2.4k each x2).

It appears that Blizzard is prioritizing calming shitstorms on known problem servers like Mal'Ganis. Because there is 0 queue for that server while there is a 1200 person queue for Area 52.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hi :3

BDhbb.png

Chris R

It appears that Blizzard is prioritizing calming shitstorms on known problem servers like Mal'Ganis. Because there is 0 queue for that server while there is a 1200 person queue for Area 52.

Man it is like it is getting worse.

I guess I'll just play Borderlands until I get through the queue after I get home :D

Yoshichan

I just walked past the loading screen statues :D SO EPIC!!!!!

SRTtoZ

Your position in queue is 1553:

Estimated time, 60 minutes

Stupid Kil'Jaeden

Its said that for the past 20 minutes. :(

Just upgraded from Cata to MoP for free for selling some diablo 3 gold!

Guesong

Barring RAFs, I do not understand how some people level their monks that quickly.

Is Dungeon Running non-stop that efficient? If so, about how much more % efficient compared to questing would you guys say it is?

Barring RAFs, I do not understand how some people level their monks that quickly.

Is Dungeon Running non-stop that efficient? If so, about how much more % efficient compared to questing would you guys say it is?
Monks get a 50% XP increase buff at their hub once you hit 20. It only lasts an hour but you can get it from a daily quest there everyday. Stack that with BoA gear and you're smooth sailing.

Yoshichan

Thing to not do when you haven't slept for 36 hours: repeat the same WoW-process over again (helping a friend)... ,_, so tired now...

SRTtoZ

I havent logged in yet but I wonder if its that efficient this time around. I'll tell you this, it was NOT efficient in Wrath (70-80) or Cata (80-85), questing was by far the best way to level.

Guesong

Monks get a 50% XP increase buff at their hub once you hit 20. It only lasts an hour but you can get it from a daily quest there everyday. Stack that with BoA gear and you're smooth sailing.

I did NOT know that. Thanks for that awesome tip :O

I only have Chest and Shoulders BoA sadly, but 70 % is still a major boost.

Alchemy

Holy shit. I already have my helm, cloak, chest, and shoulders ready for the monk... now this? Jebus.

SRTtoZ

What type of BoA gear does a Monk use??

I have a ton of pieces that I collected over the years, want to make sure I have the right pieces.

Forgive me, I havent logged on in 6 months.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I just got an alchemy quest that can give me this : http://www.wowhead.com/item=75274

Such a ridiculous trinket, that even lvl 85s can use. Hopefully Golden Lotus arent too expensive on the AH since i need 3 of them for the quest, but knowing the playerbase, it will probably be like 5k each.

35 mins wait for one of the first dungeons... hopefully that's because everyone is busy questing rather than people wiping too much and giving up on them.

Teletraan1

Banned
I was 1500th in queue for Area52. Now I am 1000th after almost 20m.

Had to level in dungeons. That cross realm shit was slowing me down especially when you get to the normal vanilla zones. Sure the zones feel so alive but all of the mobs you need to kill are dead. And god forbid you ever get a collect x of this item quests since the respawn rates for those objects seem to be set for when it was dead.

Having fun with my Healer monk. What seems to be the most fun is not actually having to heal. I had someone who queued as a DPS monk that was spec'd for healing and for whatever reason decided to just "heal" by channeling that spell. I just dps'd like I normally do and was second on damage to the tank and beat the snot out of that "healer" just by dpsing and never throwing out a single heal. At same levels I usually finish second on damage done. I wonder how far this scales cause I cant see this continuing. The dungeons are also very fast since you have 5 dps.

Bisnic

I loled at the Alliance quest where you control a dwarf that meets a friendly raccoon and names him Gizmo... right before it got shot to death by a sniper. Then another friendly raccoon appearead and he named him Socks.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Went out to get MoP after work. Get home, eat dinner, watch Avengers. Now I just upgraded my account and go to log into Stormrage, and I'm 987 in line with a 48 minute wait. I should have known better.

Bah, I'm going to play FTL while I wait!

Bisnic

I hate how i get like 20-30 FPS despite the "beast" that my computer is. I keep hearing about people getting 60 FPS, and i wonder how the hell they do it. I'm not even maxing everything.

Fjordson

*Vader noooo* the dreaded server queue has hit Sargeras. 15 minutes. Oh well, glad a lot of people are playing.

I hate how i get like 20-30 FPS despite the "beast" that my computer is. I keep hearing about people getting 60 FPS, and i wonder how the hell they do it. I'm not even maxing everything.
What are your specs?

inter

Sweet, got those from when I leveled my shaman enhance. Got the helm, back, chest, trinkets, shoulders and legs. Should be good to go.

I've been going back and forth trying to decide on whether or not to buy MoP to level a monk and remembering I have the BoA from my enhance shaman might've tilted things in Blizzard's favor.

Damn.

Bisnic

*Vader noooo* the dreaded server queue has hit Sargeras. 15 minutes. Oh well, glad a lot of people are playing.

What are your specs?

CPU is AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 Ghz, not overclocked.
Got 8gb of DDR3 RAM
And a Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti for a video card.

It's nothing shitty, so i dont get it.

Top Bottom