• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

I hate how i get like 20-30 FPS despite the "beast" that my computer is. I keep hearing about people getting 60 FPS, and i wonder how the hell they do it. I'm not even maxing everything.

Something is wrong on your end me thinks. My rig is nice but 9 months since last update.....I can run WoW on ultra in two screens at 60 fps.

Fjordson

Wait, Monks are leather all the way to 90, right? Aren't shaman heirlooms mail after 40? Never leveled a shaman so I could be wrong there. I was planning on using my resto druid heirlooms for my monk.

CPU is AMD Phenom II X4 955 3.2 Ghz, not overclocked.
Got 8gb of DDR3 RAM
And a Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 Ti for a video card.

It's nothing shitty, so i dont get it.
Hm, yeah this should run like butter. Something wonky with the Mists update or something maybe.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Wait, Monks are leather all the way to 90, right? Aren't shaman heirlooms mail after 40? Never leveled a shaman so I could be wrong there. I was planning on using my resto druid heirlooms for my monk.

Hm, yeah this should run like butter. Something wonky with the Mists update or something maybe.

I never had 60 FPS in Stormwind or Orgrimmar before the expansion either. It's like my computer can't handle places with a big number of players.

Ultratech

What kind of items are on the black market?

Off the top of my head:
-Rare mounts (Ashes, Rivendare's mount, Blue-Proto Drake, etc.)
-Rare pets (stuff you'd likely hard a hard time finding or like the Argent Tourney pets)
-T3 Gear (the old stuff from Naxx 40)
-Recipes for high-level gear/stuff
-Actual high-level gear (on par with Heroic Raid gear)
-Some TCG items (not sure what this all entails)

Here's a little more in-depth list: http://www.wowhead.com/news=204376/mists-of-pandaria-black-market-auction-house

As you'd likely guess, the starting bid for much of that stuff is fairly expensive. (Like 10-20k.)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
feel like dying... replacing this gear with shit greens, ugh...

ampere

Got realm first monk! Was first 90 on alliance side too, only alliance side class achieve

Took a little over 20 hours, was pretty exhausting, but I'm glad I did it to beat those horde

9G14C.jpg

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Got realm first monk! Was first 90 on alliance side too, only alliance side class achieve

Took a little over 20 hours, was pretty exhausting, but I'm glad I did it to beat those horde

You did 90 lvls in one day? Surely there is some RAF hidden behind this.

Man, it's just exhausting playing on a laggy/busy server. I'm something like 86 and a quarter, but I'm really not feeling it right now. Taking another break/nap before resuming.

Doesn't help that the new BGs don't open until 90, and you only have the two dungeons until 87. So you're forced to quest unless you want to grind it out.

And leveling alchemy is going to be a nightmare without a max herbalist with me. Gonna either do Rogue, Druid, or Monk quick leveling some point soon here to at least temporarily hold that profession for me. Probably just give them skinning as well until I can get a 4th 90 up on the server.

My awesome Tauren has now become a Night Elf. Oh, my shame! I'll be screaming "For the Horde!" inside all the way to level 90. Horde always gets a bad rap, but, man, Alliance are jerks (story-wise)! And I'm still used to my camera being a certain distance away, based on the larger Tauren models. Everything seems so tiny with my Elf.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sleep.. soon .

My awesome Tauren has now become a Night Elf. Oh, my shame! I'll be screaming "For the Horde!" inside all the way to level 90. Horde always gets a bad rap, but, man, Alliance are jerks (story-wise)! And I'm still used to my camera being a certain distance away, based on the larger Tauren models. Everything seems so tiny with my Elf.

So...why the downgrade?

Entropia

No One Remembers

Oh god, are you transferring to your gf's guild? lol

Fjordson

Very cool. I'm trying to decide on my spec. Have heirlooms for DPS and healing, think I might try healing first.

Also, is it just me, or is the Pandaria soundtrack pretty damn great?

Yoshichan

The soundtrack is really good, yes. Above top tier like TBC.

Chris R

Can't decide on what my monk should have for professions :| Maybe leatherworking and skinning? I don't have a skinner yet and don't want a blacksmith or engineer... but mining has been good to me in the past (and is stupid easy to get to the 375 I need atm to level as I level).

Can't decide on what my monk should have for professions :| Maybe leatherworking and skinning? I don't have a skinner yet and don't want a blacksmith or engineer... but mining has been good to me in the past (and is stupid easy to get to the 375 I need atm to level as I level).

If you are tanking really the only proffs you want to avoid (unless something has changed) are Tailoring, Skinning, and to a lesser degree herb.

If you are planning to heal/dps I would avoid mining.

Draxal

I'm enjoying the leveling a ton (esp compared to Cata), pacing/setting/music is great, and I actually think the story is inoffensive (which is a huge step up from cata).

Ultratech

Damn, it will probably take me more then 20 hours to do 85-90 :p

Same here. Wasted like an hour and a half following tracks for Savage. I got so excited once I found a whole bunch in a row, and then suddenly nothing. Just heartbreaking.

Hell, I'm barely to 86 now.

Yoshichan

Just one zone to go... Dread Wastes. Impress me, like you've done in all other zones Blizz ♥

Slayerx

From doing the beta, Mantid were easily the best part of the expansion, lore-wise at least. The zone is also a pretty stark contrast to the rest of Pandaria. You will probably enjoy it.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Man, Pandaria is awesome, but I didn't much care for Mogu'shan Vaults. I also got the Hardened Shell which dismounts other players, although unfortunately, this isn't my PvP realm character where it would be hilarious.

Yoshichan

The path-way to the quest-area was frustrating to find (me being ultra tired might be the reason for this). But I'm liking the atmosphere, experience and loot so far.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
There's definitely things I don't like; for example, the fact that mob density is really high in certain areas such that if you find a rare, you're probably not able to kill it even if its a non-elite of same level.

Acidote

I've only just completed the first zone when I woke up. The "kick mogu statues" quest got bugged in my server so I completed it early this morning. And a couple of quests in the Valley until I found another bugged quest where I had to recover stolen watermelons and turnips. The turnips weren't there.

And I've stored the first quests set for transmog. It's not a bad skin.

So here I am now, in the office, waiting for the hours to pass by asap. At least it is a busy day so time will fly.

There's definitely things I don't like; for example, the fact that mob density is really high in certain areas such that if you find a rare, you're probably not able to kill it even if its a non-elite of same level.

I managed to kill one. And miss like 5 more to other people.

Tarazet

Did the first quest zone, tanked a few dungeons with the guild on my Druid (LOVE the Brewery), farmed some leathers, and leveled a team of 3 pets up to level 7-8. (Mana Wyrmling, Singing Sunflower, and Gold Mini Jouster, just in case you are wondering!)

It seems the ilvl 384 green LW recipes have a chance to crit and make you level 85, ilvl 415 BoE blues. I got both a belt and bracers this way. I probably could have gotten a pretty penny for them, but I decided to use them instead since I figured I would be using them for a decently long time.

After playing Cata for several months, MoP is like night and day. It's just vastly better in every way. The only thing in Cata I enjoyed this much was the revamped Undead storyline.

glaurung

The launch was smoother for me than with Diablo III, that's for sure.

But there were some real bad issues in-game:
  • Chat was horrible. First, during text entry, it felt as if the server did not receive each letter correctly. I had to really wait and press those buttons to see whether the letters appeared (for a moment I thought my keyboard batteries were dead again). And then most messages appeared up to 9x in the chat log. I turned off General and Region soon after.
  • Weird issues with phasing. Some mobs would not spawn at all.
  • The server compensates for the amount of people in the region by boosting the mob respawn rate. What this meant in the very first level 84-86 Pandaria area: mobs respawned so fast that if you stayed in one place, you got killed for certain. Same goes for guards in front of a boss's room. You could keep on killing them and never reach the boss itself.

But the new areas are awesome. Not too sure about the Sha enemies yet, but Pandaria itself looks gorgeous. The quests were nice and the voiceovers are very well done.

Also rolled a new panda hunter for my collection. Can I change the skin color, face and hair later on? Or was it just hair style?

Rokam

The amount of rare spawns in the world is insane. Just got a Crate of Puppies from one of em, trinket that summons a bunch of pugs to fight.

Yoshichan

And boom, lvl 90 :3 Holy 56 hour marathon (exactly 25 hours and 18 minutes from 85-90 though). It was fun! Not heading to sleep quite yet though, gotta check some stuff.

ZenaxPure

After playing Cata for several months, MoP is like night and day. It's just vastly better in every way. The only thing in Cata I enjoyed this much was the revamped Undead storyline.

I liked Cata a lot myself, but I would be surprised if Mists wasn't better. It HAS to be a lot easier on the dev team to focus on 7 zones than the close to the 50 zones they had to work on both visually and lore-wise for Cata.

That said, I still think Cata was necessary, 1-60 sucked even in vanilla. Honestly I'm surprised Cata turned out as good as it did given the circumstances.

Top Bottom