• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

mackaveli

DeathNote said:
I've been playing since 2005 and didn't get one. Maybe because I canceled my account for a month. It says you needed to have opted in for promos. I don't remembering opting in but in the settings it's checked.

Anyways, personally, If I didn't have a real life friend I would give it to myself as a second account for various reasons.

The 20$ battlechest has 30 days free.

yeah I might just buy the battlechest. If I can't get someone to give me a RAF link :)

what server does GAF usually play on?

And what is better RPPVP or PVP?

Jrmint

mackaveli said:
Yeah I don't know if I can wait.

I'm just playing the trial version with the level cap of 20.

Hopefully I can find someone to give me the game + 30 days for free from that Veteran Recruit a Friend thing.

That'd really help.
I'd RAF you in a heartbeat, what do I have to do for that bonus to you?

I play on Whisperwind Horde and also GM a level 25 active raiding guild.

Alex

markot said:
What did they do wrong >.<?

They were selling arena spots for gold and a GM caught wind and gave them this heavy handed, mob-boss like shakedown

People had taken money out of the guild bank and the GM started to give people ultimatums to put it back within 15 mins or he was gonna start perma banning.

I doubt any of that was done right, and the GM may get in trouble but the dialogue and scenario it produced was hilarious "I NEED MORE TIME RINGULLIO! I'LL GET YOUR MONEY!"

Alucrid

Banned
Jrmint said:
I'd RAF you in a heartbeat, what do I have to do for that bonus to you?

I play on Whisperwind Horde and also GM a level 25 active raiding guild.

Damn, where were ya'll people when I was joining. lol

I just got my gear level to 346. Are ZG/ZA PUGs awful?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Alucrid said:
I just got my gear level to 346. Are ZG/ZA PUGs awful?

They are, you get the rare guild group that knows what to do, but otherwise expect to waste more than a hour in them due to wipes. I wouldnt go in there until you get most of the Justice points gear to be honest, just so it can help your group a little more.

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
I got an email saying I got a few free days even though I canceled my account. But I can't see myself coming back to this game right now. I might end up getting tempted cause of all the new Firelands content though.

FLEABttn

Banned
mackaveli said:
Is cataclysm really good?

WOTLK all right to stay on as an expansion or should I upgrade?

1) I thought Cata was pretty terrible once you reached 85, but that it had really solid leveling. Some people like it, ymmv.

2) Well, WotLK will only take you to 80 and then you're stuck. You won't have anyone to do WotLK endgame stuff with, so if you intend on playing, you pretty much need Cata.

mackaveli said:
Is cataclysm really good?

WOTLK all right to stay on as an expansion or should I upgrade?

If you just want to level and see the classes sure getting to 80 would be fine. The rest of the world will have moved on though.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
So my first dealing with Blizzard tech support was pretty good. i had the ticket open with them and was answered in less than a day. All my characters and items are restored (at least i think.. just reading the emails they sent of items/gold recovered.. still dont have sub to check though lol). Added a phone authentication to the account.

Nice to know my characters survive even though ill likely never play ever again lol

Jrmint

Strafer said:
After four years im finally exalted with Cenarion Expedition.

Hippogryph you are now mine.
Grats man.

I remember doing this grind for my Guardian of Cenarius title.

Good luck farming the Cenarion Circle if you plan to. You will never want to see Silithus again (not like you ever wanted to in the first place).

bjb

Banned
Starting our Firelands raids tonight. Everything went great with Shannox and Beth. Then we fucking burned on Lord Rhyolith.

10m we had one tank, 3 healers, 6 dps.

Both melee and occasionally one hunter were driving him around in a circle (focusing one leg the entire time)

Seemed like he just wasn't hitting volcanoes fast enough, or maybe our healers suck - because people kept dying.

We had really -really- high stacks of the fire debuff too. 12-14 quite a bit on some people. We never got his Obsidum stacks below 20. Or the boss below 40%.

The add transitions were good, people ran out when the spark spawned (we were stacked), switched and killed them, and fragments seemed to be going down quick as well.

I'm really lost as to what we were doing wrong. Everyone kept telling us how easy the fight was, and we got absolutely smoked.

What's the deal with AV honor.

We just won and this guy got over a hundred more honor. There was only 2 kills. He got 2 and I got 1. I only have 5% honor increase but 10% doesn't account for it. I don't see any assaults if that does anything.

Oh wait, I guess it's the daily.

Trickster

bjb said:
Starting our Firelands raids tonight. Everything went great with Shannox and Beth. Then we fucking burned on Lord Rhyolith.

10m we had one tank, 3 healers, 6 dps.

Both melee and occasionally one hunter were driving him around in a circle (focusing one leg the entire time)

Seemed like he just wasn't hitting volcanoes fast enough, or maybe our healers suck - because people kept dying.

We had really -really- high stacks of the fire debuff too. 12-14 quite a bit on some people. We never got his Obsidum stacks below 20. Or the boss below 40%.

The add transitions were good, people ran out when the spark spawned (we were stacked), switched and killed them, and fragments seemed to be going down quick as well.

I'm really lost as to what we were doing wrong. Everyone kept telling us how easy the fight was, and we got absolutely smoked.

Lord rhyolith is one of the worst bosses in wow. The volcanos that he spawns are way to random in nature. Couple that with a poorly designed gimmick that's hard to control and a very slow moving boss, and you have a great recipe for a shit encounter that can either be a walk in the park if you're lucky with spawns, or a trip to hell if you're unlucky on spawns.

That said, if you never managed to get his obsidian stacks below 20, it's the people controlling him are doing a poor job of moving him properly and not a healer issue, people on legs really need to work together and communicate, try assigning someone to be in charge of saying when he needs to turn and how fast he needs to turn, if you haven't already.

Alex

Man, you have to go back and quest in Hyjal just to do the damn hub stuff? I didn't do Hyjal on the character I wanted to use, how fucking lame can you get.

Alex said:
Man, you have to go back and quest in Hyjal just to do the damn hub stuff? I didn't do Hyjal on the character I wanted to use, how fucking lame can you get.

Yeah Its pretty lame, specially for everyone that decided to check out the supposed awesome new underwater region they were offering us.

Anywho, any gaffers play on Ysera? It'd be neat to know if anyone besides myself did.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
bjb said:

We had the same problem for a few pulls, really it's just about how quickly you get him to each volcano. I think on our kill no one had over 3 stacks of the debuff because they were getting him to the volcanos quickly enough.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
When i was in my account fooling around i found that you can Add a forever trial to your Games one Battle.net. HOLY HELL is the Gnome starting zone garbage. It was the worse starter zone in the original. Blizzard has yet found a way to make this new one worse than that.

Bisnic

Alex said:

Blizzard probably assumed most people did the quests in Hyjal with their main just to, you know, see what they are. Or maybe just for easily get to revered with the faction in there.

strafer

Jrmint said:
Grats man.

I remember doing this grind for my Guardian of Cenarius title.

Good luck farming the Cenarion Circle if you plan to. You will never want to see Silithus again (not like you ever wanted to in the first place).

I would love to get that title but im not sure that is something that fits a Warlock.

Anyway, I currently sitting on honored and been doing AQ10 for reps and some easy gold, but as far as I know it only goes to revered then ill have to do turn ins.

Kinda sucks.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Alex said:

its a result of the phasing stuff they did. the area they have where you do all the dailies is completely different before you do the quests

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Lol.. coming into the game brand new now has got to the most frustrating thing ever. im on the trial account thing and even with how BGs have changed brackets to make the levels closer together, everyone in the game is basically "twinked out" with BoA items. Its kind of funny that Blizzard nixes twinking but then goes to establish it officially with BoA items. There is just no fucking way to be effective as a new player in PVP.

Bisnic

water_wendi said:
Lol.. coming into the game brand new now has got to the most frustrating thing ever. im on the trial account thing and even with how BGs have changed brackets to make the levels closer together, everyone in the game is basically "twinked out" with BoA items. Its kind of funny that Blizzard nixes twinking but then goes to establish it officially with BoA items. There is just no fucking way to be effective as a new player in PVP.

I agree, low lvl PVP is shit for new players. They should make heirlooms unavailable in BGs... if that's even possible.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
water_wendi said:
Nixes twinking? You can still turn off experience can't you?

Strafer said:
I would love to get that title but im not sure that is something that fits a Warlock.

Anyway, I currently sitting on honored and been doing AQ10 for reps and some easy gold, but as far as I know it only goes to revered then ill have to do turn ins.

Kinda sucks.

The turn ins aren't too bad honestly. You just have to essentially one-shot a bunch of guys that are decently close together and there is a wandering mob that will pop up every now and then that gives a larger rep bonus.

I've done a lot of grinds and it's certainly not the worst.

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
DeathNote said:
Nixes twinking? You can still turn off experience can't you?
Blizzard does not like twinking. They went on their twink destruction path awhile ago when they changed how enchantments work and put experience in Battlegrounds.

Bisnic

HarryDemeanor said:
I will never understand why people who make fake expansion leaks always put Naga or Murlocs as playable races.

Because playing as nagas would be pretty cool?

I wish that night elf rare archaeology item that transform you into a naga would last more than 15 secs and not break on damage/attacks.

Blizzard... Y U NO LIKE FUN?

Bisnic said:
Because playing as nagas would be pretty cool?

I wish that night elf rare archaeology item that transform you into a naga would last more than 15 secs and not break on damage/attacks.

Blizzard... Y U NO LIKE FUN?

The archeology doodads are pretty fun to mess around with, but lasting longer would definitely be nice.

But yeah, that memo was clearly fake, even disregarding the glaring errors (like the address) the tone of the writing wasn't very professional.

ampere

CarbonatedFalcon said:
The archeology doodads are pretty fun to mess around with, but lasting longer would definitely be nice.

But yeah, that memo was clearly fake, even disregarding the glaring errors (like the address) the tone of the writing wasn't very professional.
'neglected shadow priest class'
:lol

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
The game is easily in the worst shape its ever been. With the changes to the WSG graveyard every match is 25 minutes of being farmed with zero chance of escape. Who the fuck at Blizzard thought that having only one exit from a GY was a smart idea?

edit:
Just a typical level 14 in WSG
2i0cfw9.jpg

No crazy twink gear, just BoAs so they are twinked out automatically every level. Its frustrating coming into this as an old time player but as a complete newbie.. fuck dat.

markot

Banned
water_wendi said:
The game is easily in the worst shape its ever been. With the changes to the WSG graveyard every match is 25 minutes of being farmed with zero chance of escape. Who the fuck at Blizzard thought that having only one exit from a GY was a smart idea?

It was some morons bright idea on stopping flags being held at the gy >.<

Top Bottom