• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I'm thinking they did it because of AV weekend farming.

10 minute battles. 190-400 lose-win.

EOTS and WSG random win got me around 390 after 30 mins.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
At least i got half my honor points from trading justice points, so i didnt waste a huge amount of time in bgs like some people.

Oh Alucrid - for an alt class, I would pick priest if you haven't played the druid as a healer/boomkin much, otherwise I would go for the warrior which plays quote differently from a DK, though still has a really nice melee feel. I'm only really experienced with the prot spec for warriors though as I leveled mine from 10-85 specced prot the entire way - I can't comment too much on the DPS specs.

Alucrid

Banned
CarbonatedFalcon said:
Oh Alucrid - for an alt class, I would pick priest if you haven't played the druid as a healer/boomkin much, otherwise I would go for the warrior which plays quote differently from a DK, though still has a really nice melee feel. I'm only really experienced with the prot spec for warriors though as I leveled mine from 10-85 specced prot the entire way - I can't comment too much on the DPS specs.

Ah, ok. I was boomkin in the 20s, but that was too much of hassle so I just switched to feral like every other leveling druid out there lol. I might go priest though since, while I did like healing, I never found it to be worthwhile keeping a set of mana gear so I might pick a priest and just deck it out in heirloom items.

There are only chest, head, shoulder and back armor heirlooms right?

Alucrid said:
Ah, ok. I was boomkin in the 20s, but that was too much of hassle so I just switched to feral like every other leveling druid out there lol. I might go priest though since, while I did like healing, I never found it to be worthwhile keeping a set of mana gear so I might pick a priest and just deck it out in heirloom items.

There are only chest, head, shoulder and back armor heirlooms right?

There's the ring you can get from the Northrend fishing tournament for an extra 5% XP, but it's quite difficult to win that one. Other than that it would just be a weapon and the mana trinkets I think (having two of those is Amaaaazing - two health ones on my warrior was great). Unless I'm forgetting an item since I haven't played in awhile, but I don't think there are pants heirlooms and I know there aren't bracers or gloves.

Alucrid

Banned
CarbonatedFalcon said:
There's the ring you can get from the Northrend fishing tournament for an extra 5% XP, but it's quite difficult to win that one. Other than that it would just be a weapon and the mana trinkets I think (having two of those is Amaaaazing - two health ones on my warrior was great). Unless I'm forgetting an item since I haven't played in awhile, but I don't think there are pants heirlooms and I know there aren't bracers or gloves.

Ok, thanks. Time to start farming honor and justice lol.

So fire mages on Alysrazor are really broken. I did 30M damage to the boss by myself, 1/3 of which was combustion. Should be fun to play with as gear levels increase... but if they do patch it at least I won't have to play Starfox anymore.

Garryk

Now that the new pvp season has started it feels like the queues have gotten much shorter for Horde. I had almost 4k honor to start with last night so after a couple of matches last night I was able to pick up the S10 legs+chest.

Unfortunately, my arena partner is no where to be seen so I don't know when I will be able to start cranking out the conquest points. Also, I want that Rated BG wolf but PUGs are awful and 75 wins is a big number :(

Blair

Banned
There better be an explanation on this 371 honour gear bullshit.

Got full resto on shaman and full rogue set, all gemmed and enchanted.

Thats so much fucking time wasted and gold wasted. If its not sorted out, i'm done with this game. Thats probably the biggest load of bullshit i've ever seen pulled in this game.

markot

Banned
Blair said:
There better be an explanation on this 371 honour gear bullshit.

Got full resto on shaman and full rogue set, all gemmed and enchanted.

Thats so much fucking time wasted and gold wasted. If its not sorted out, i'm done with this game. Thats probably the biggest load of bullshit i've ever seen pulled in this game.
huh?

Blair

Banned
markot said:

They release 365 vicious gear for honour for a week, not telling anyone that season 10 would bring 371 epic honour gear (which is just a fucking lazy copy paste of last seasons honour gear)

Meaning a hell of a lot of people just wasted time and gold getting vicious.

burgerdog

raptor87eo.jpg

This feels good, I lost the roll on the original raptor in v1 many years ago.

burgerdog said:
http://www.abload.de/img/raptor87eo.jpg[IMG]

This feels good, I lost the roll on the original raptor in v1 many years ago.[/QUOTE]
Grats man! I attempted to get the raptor mount from ZG for about a 3-4 month period before the raid was removed and never got it. Maybe I should come back and play some for another shot, lol.

Jrmint

Guild killed Shannox last night for our first boss kill this tier. Final pull of the night, felt good.

It is insane how much damage face rage does, make sure you have a ranged who can hit the dog for 30k at a moments notice.

Rhyolith next.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
Jrmint said:
Guild killed Shannox last night for our first boss kill this tier. Final pull of the night, felt good.

It is insane how much damage face rage does, make sure you have a ranged who can hit the dog for 30k at a moments notice.

Rhyolith next.
I haven't tried this in practice yet - but I think killing Rageface right off the bat might be a better way to do Shannox.

Also, do Beth'tilac before Rhyolith. Both are pretty easy, but Beth is easier

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Guild just popped into BH and downed Occu'thar on 25 man. Nice faaiirly easy little fight i guess...

DAMN, so I reupped after finally getting my Fios installed and man have I been having a ton of fun. The quests for a low level Orc Warrior (8-11) around the Hoarde capital, Ormigar (sp), are really fun, humorous, and surprisingly well written. I also love the Goblin's and all their crazy tech crap. I never though I'd get to tool around in a giant tree cutting death robot! Was the game like this before the Pre-Cata patch? It's just so enjoyable, granted I die a lot, but thankfully death isn't that huge of a hassle in the game. Hell, I even have 49 silver for the first time. I would like to play more with groups, but I haven't found too many. I'm also not a fan of typing and trying to play. I'm not sure how many non-guild groups mind voice chat, any thoughts?

dave is ok said:
I haven't tried this in practice yet - but I think killing Rageface right off the bat might be a better way to do Shannox.

Also, do Beth'tilac before Rhyolith. Both are pretty easy, but Beth is easier

This is more or less what our guild does (10 man).

- All DPS on Rageface at start
- One tank picks up Riplimb, other boss, tanks them pretty far apart from each other
- Riplimb tank tries to tomb Riplimb whenever possible. Stacks clear when Rip is tombed and/or fetching Shan's spear.
- Once Rageface is down, split DPS between Rip and Shan. Kill rip when Shan's at 30-35%. Burn Shan. Win.

Not sure how the tanking exactly works but that's the gist of it.

The biggest issue we have on the fight is RNG - if Rageface does the face rage on a cloth right at the start, they'll probably die because no DPS can reliably pull out a 30k crit right at the beginning. That's by far the most annoying part of the fight.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
DAMN, so I reupped after finally getting my Fios installed and man have I been having a ton of fun. The quests for a low level Orc Warrior (8-11) around the Hoarde capital, Ormigar (sp), are really fun, humorous, and surprisingly well written. I also love the Goblin's and all their crazy tech crap. I never though I'd get to tool around in a giant tree cutting death robot! Was the game like this before the Pre-Cata patch? It's just so enjoyable, granted I die a lot, but thankfully death isn't that huge of a hassle in the game. Hell, I even have 49 silver for the first time. I would like to play more with groups, but I haven't found too many. I'm also not a fan of typing and trying to play. I'm not sure how many non-guild groups mind voice chat, any thoughts?
What server on you on? I might roll a Horde toon to hang out with you.

ch0mp

Mister Zimbu said:
This is more or less what our guild does (10 man).

- All DPS on Rageface at start
- One tank picks up Riplimb, other boss, tanks them pretty far apart from each other
- Riplimb tank tries to tomb Riplimb whenever possible. Stacks clear when Rip is tombed and/or fetching Shan's spear.
- Once Rageface is down, split DPS between Rip and Shan. Kill rip when Shan's at 30-35%. Burn Shan. Win.

Not sure how the tanking exactly works but that's the gist of it.

The biggest issue we have on the fight is RNG - if Rageface does the face rage on a cloth right at the start, they'll probably die because no DPS can reliably pull out a 30k crit right at the beginning. That's by far the most annoying part of the fight.
So he doesn't enrage when one of them dies, only both?

Aeris130

He does enrage, but only releases "50% enrage" per dead doggy. The enraged damage on the tank is still less than what Ripface would do if he ran around until it's time to push, so it's a mana gain for healers.

ch0mp

Interesting. We have an arcane mage and MM hunter so the big hits aren't a problem, but taking him out of the equation early could make things much easier.

Man, is this fun. I think I'm just shy of level 14 now. The Goblin Merc Company is full of a ton of hilarious dialogue and fun quests (mortars). Did these quest chains exists before Cata?

Tamanon

Banned
Man, is this fun. I think I'm just shy of level 14 now. The Goblin Merc Company is full of a ton of hilarious dialogue and fun quests (mortars). Did these quest chains exists before Cata?

Nope, and that zone you're in used to be pretty barren and set up for level ~50 characters. Very few quests then.

Tamanon said:
Nope, and that zone you're in used to be pretty barren and set up for level ~50 characters. Very few quests then.
Really? Man did they completely change the core of the quests for the game. It's even more insane that this was in a free patch too!

Method has downed Heroic Baleroc.

217M HP and a 6m enrage timer. That is a fuckton of DPS.

Its also 15hrs between their Shannox and Baleroc kills. They are doing some long ass raiding.

markot

Banned
Chriswok said:
Yeah, I was wondering about keys to activate (since all the data is installed already). Anyone got a spare key I can buy cheap? haha.
I used these guys once before for a game >.< forget which one... (oh warhammer 40k on steam, to get around the crazy steam prices for aus >.>)

http://www.g2play.net/store/home.php

They emailed the key almost instantly after payment went through paypal.

markot said:
I used these guys once before for a game >.< forget which one... (oh warhammer 40k on steam, to get around the crazy steam prices for aus >.>)

http://www.g2play.net/store/home.php

They emailed the key almost instantly after payment went through paypal.
"These sites work by mass buying cheap retail discs from third world and developing countries, then stripping the keys from them and selling them to online customers from first world countries. That's how they can both sell at those low prices, and at the same time make a profit. What they do is legal, as many countries around the world have Trade Agreements which allow such sort of re-selling transactions to take place. It's no secret DD services like Steam/D2D etc and some publishers HATE these sites, but they cannot shut them down as they are not breaking the law."

tho that website has wow us more expensive than blizz and amazon

Morn said:
Just about all of the quests from 1-60 were overhauled with Cata.
They are so well done. I have no idea who recognized the need for it and managed it, but they are the reason I've been playing so much recently and with great interest. The low level quests used to be ass, now they're actually a lot of fun, well written, and have a nice chained logical flow to them.

They are so well done. I have no idea who recognized the need for it and managed it, but they are the reason I've been playing so much recently and with great interest. The low level quests used to be ass, now they're actually a lot of fun, well written, and have a nice chained logical flow to them.
Before The Shattering happened there was a bug where premade druids could fly. If you flew over cities and mountains you could see hilarious stuff like floating trees. Cities were crazy with disappearing buildings. They had to edit the world for flight and decided to alter zones and quests. Attract alts and new people. It's fun but 1-60 is crazy fast, 60-80 is boring, and 80-85 is annoying the 3rd time(for me). It also hurt end game quantity from putting a lot of work into it.

Miletius

So after weeks of trying (sort of) to get a group together for the ZA speed run I randomly did a PUG this morning and got the bear. I offered to help the rest get but in usual PUG fashion they all dispersed after the run.

So, bear set get! Pretty stoked.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Speaking of the ZA speed run, how hard is it? I've yet to get a group that even get close to save all sacrifices. The timer usually expire before we reach the 3rd boss or even 2nd if the DPS isnt good enough. And to think some people thought it would be another "bronze drake". Ha.

And i've just maxed all professions on different alts for the first time. Going to be useful for gearing them all without wasting a huge amount of gold.

Leatherworking is ridiculous with the number of required leathers. 50 leathers for 1 green item? Fuck you Blizz. Good thing i can one shot those 36k HP tigers in Uldum with an Aimed Shot.

Bisnic said:
Speaking of the ZA speed run, how hard is it? I've yet to get a group that even get close to save all sacrifices. The timer usually expire before we reach the 3rd boss or even 2nd if the DPS isnt good enough. And to think some people thought it would be another "bronze drake". Ha.

Tried it in a guild group the other night and the timer expired during the 4th boss fight. It was pretty upsetting as we thought that as long as we engaged him before the timer expired, we'd be fine. Oh well, I'm sure we'll try again and get it soon.

Miletius

My experience was definitively atypical but if a Dungeon Finder group can do it it can't be that bad. It really was just about having a group that knew the dungeon inside out. We didn't need to speak because we knew all the pulls which helped tremendously I think.

We even wiped once on the Dragonhawk Trash and still made it. Had 2 minutes to spare at the end.

MattPeters said:
Method has downed Heroic Baleroc.

217M HP and a 6m enrage timer. That is a fuckton of DPS.

Its also 15hrs between their Shannox and Baleroc kills. They are doing some long ass raiding.

My math is either off or that's 33k a person with 18 dps. Seems very hard to attain in 4.1 gear, maybe there's a trick?

half a moon said:
Before The Shattering happened there was a bug where premade druids could fly. If you flew over cities and mountains you could see hilarious stuff like floating trees. Cities were crazy with disappearing buildings. They had to edit the world for flight and decided to alter zones and quests. Attract alts and new people. It's fun but 1-60 is crazy fast, 60-80 is boring, and 80-85 is annoying the 3rd time(for me). It also hurt end game quantity from putting a lot of work into it.

Interesting, I never would have imagined it was simply bug issues caused by flying was the trigger. I have to say the new quests and low level areas are what's really keeping me in this time as opposed to earlier attempts to be involved in WoW. It's unfortunate that 60-85 have suffered because of it, but hopefully it's now something they can put time and effort into (if they haven't already).

I was also wondering is there any reason to get Lich King and then Cataclysm before reaching the respective level caps in Vanilla WoW and TBC. Should I simply get them as I hit the level cap or is there a reason to get them soon?

Top Bottom