• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I have yet to find any rare battle pets. In other news, my battle team hit level 15. Trying to beat that pet master tamer in Felwood. How come we can't have cool pets like that? Mini fel reaver??

I actually captured a whole bunch of rare pets last night. Admittedly my team is still only level 10-11. I captured a rare (blue text) Small Frog, Beetle, Strand Crab, Squirrel, Black Rat, Hare, and Chicken. I've taken to trying to capture every pet I can that I don't have a rare of already. Sooner or later if you capture enough pets of the same type you will get a rare.

Pet battles are my favorite part of MoP so far. I haven't even been to the new high level zones yet, lol.

schwupp

need some new realm suggestions:
i wanna start playing again with a buddy - we are looking for an EU realm with an active pvp community.
any suggestions? or even guilds with open slots? :D

googling found me stormscale, ravencrest, outland

didnt get an answer - can anyone help? :(

Magnus

Guys. Man. The leveling grind slays my brain. Obviously it's just one long slog and I know what to do, but will happily accept suggestions for quick bursts of XP/good chains to look out for. Is there something like the Crucible of Carnage/Ring of Blood for a quick few million XP somewhere? I'm 88.5 or so and am starting back up again this afternoon. I hope to cap tonight.

Anyone here on Horde US-Mal'Ganis that could send me a scroll?

Not sure what's entailed or if I'm eligible to give one, but I can certainly try this evening!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So what's the GAF situation on Mal'Ganis? Do we have a chat channel or something? I'm in a guild with some folks, but I wouldn't mind being able to chat with other GAF folk in game.

Garryk

I just finished up the quests in Tian Monastery but didn't get the story complete checkmark. Do you go back there later in the zone?

EDIT: Never mind. Appears to be a bug that corrects itself once you log out and back in.

Magnus

Kept the transmog interesting ones, sold the rest.

Those for me, as well as anything that has sentimental value for whatever reason (fewer by the expansion, unfortunately).

You best believe I have some old Onyxia 60 gear and other strange quest rewards or oddities from Vanilla onward.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Ugh I hate this thread. I'm barely 86 on my current main. I want to do level 90 things and get all the eggs and farms and loots!

JCizzle

Guys. Man. The leveling grind slays my brain. Obviously it's just one long slog and I know what to do, but will happily accept suggestions for quick bursts of XP/good chains to look out for. Is there something like the Crucible of Carnage/Ring of Blood for a quick few million XP somewhere? I'm 88.5 or so and am starting back up again this afternoon. I hope to cap tonight.

Not sure what's entailed or if I'm eligible to give one, but I can certainly try this evening!

Not necessarily an answer, but I found the rested XP to be a big help after logging for only a night. That 200% for 25% of a level was $.

Magnus

Not necessarily an answer, but I found the rested XP to be a big help after logging for only a night. That 200% for 25% of a level was $.

How'd you get a quarter of a level of rest just overnight! lol. Resting from midnight to 7pm the next day got me 3.5 bars of rest at level 87.

Ultratech

You guys keep your purple cata gears or sold them?

Depends on what it is. I'll probably keep my 397 pieces for transmog, but dump everything else eventually. (Probably won't keep certain trinkets, wrists, etc.)

Then again, I horde the hell out of gear. It's a really bad habit.

Pretty bad when my bank and void storage are nearly full.

Ugh I hate this thread. I'm barely 86 on my current main. I want to do level 90 things and get all the eggs and farms and loots!

Same here...if only I had more time!

Those for me, as well as anything that has sentimental value for whatever reason (fewer by the expansion, unfortunately).

You best believe I have some old Onyxia 60 gear and other strange quest rewards or oddities from Vanilla onward.

Yeah, I'm guilty of this as well. I know I still have some things like the Kara/ICC rings, the amulets from TK/BT, the old Shade of Eranikus, some Blue Dragon Sinew from Azuregos, and so on...

JCizzle

How'd you get a quarter of a level of rest just overnight! lol. Resting from midnight to 7pm the next day got me 3.5 bars of rest at level 87.

Maybe I'm losing my mind, but that's what it felt like lol. I was also in that almost 88 stage so it disappeared into the next lvl.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
85-86 did feel like it took a while, but I enjoyed it. I liked following the whole Jade Forest story.

strafer

dat disc swapping

fHXwN.jpg

Magnus

I don't see how the Hozen questline can be topped. The Scouting quests slayed me.

Those were decent. Just clunky and a little boring. I dig what they're doing with the writing and storytelling.

But man, they really, REALLY need to make the quests a little more challenging. Like, I know they can't make them DIFFICULT, or risk alienating players to the point where they give up, never cap, and never keep subbing to experience all the rich content at 90. But I feel as though we're way below the threshhold of difficulty where that would happen. It's just TOO easy and mind-numbing (the questing).

dat disc swapping

fHXwN.jpg

What am I looking at?

Garryk

They made me laugh because I appreciate poop jokes. They could have been cutscenes instead of interactive and I would have enjoyed them just the same.

Ultratech

Looks like the vanilla WoW install discs.

Yup. (Looks like the CE collection? My discs came in sleeves.) Always bothered me that it took SO LONG to install the damn game. And you had to swap discs in the middle of all that too. Burning Crusade was the same way, since it also came with four discs.

Speaking of, I was a little disappointed at what came in my MoP box. Just 2 discs, a little booklet on how to install the game (it's like 2 pages), and some guest passes. Hell, a little instruction booklet would've been neat to have. But I was pretty adamant about having the discs.

I don't see how the Hozen questline can be topped. The Scouting quests slayed me.

Yeah, those were pretty hilarious. Also, running around with Chen's niece in Valley of the Four Winds is pretty funny, since she comments on quite a bit of stuff related to questing.

Some races don't have voices for me. The fish dudes in Pandaria have no voices. A lot of pet battle "crying" is silent. I couldn't find a way to repair my installation. Kind of out of ideas....help?

Yep, it really is crazy. After somewhere around an hour of looking for eggs I'm almost half way through revered.

Fuck, I didn't even know about the eggs. I'll have to camp those a bit. Did do some farming of the soil mounds for Tillers gifts though. Had enough of that for a couple days at least.

Also finished Lorewalkers. Had at least 2-3 people ask about the mount when I was riding around on it.

Still need to do some questing though besides dailies. I didn't finish Kun-Lai summit, and therefore don't have access to Shado-Pan dailies yet, and I didn't do Krasarang Wilds at all.

Besides that, I've encountered/killed quite a few rares. NPCScan has been going off like crazy. Picked this up for instance. That one's a funny story too, as at least 2 people failed to kill the mob (I saw one, glanced away for a sec after he died and then was tapped again, but the next guy also died) before I got the kill. Not as neat being a Tauren already though.

With Archeology I picked up that imba Agility polearm, though I don't have anyone that can use it at the moment.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Christ, what the hell is going on in the WoW sales thread.

Angry people everywhere.

Yeah... who cares if this expansion is better than Cataclysm? Epic dragon burning shit up > Lolkungfupandas

Some of GAF tried to act like they're better than "dudebros", but just look at that thread...

PatzCU

Did they update the date for scroll of rez? March 5th 2012.

I hope they update it. My last subscription fee date was 02/27/2012 which makes me ineligible for the scroll of resurrection. I opened a ticket on b.net basically saying I'm not re-subbing or buying MoP if I can't use the scroll of resurrection. Which is true, it would cost me ~$100 to re-sub, server/faction change, AND buy MoP just to try out the new expac on my remaining WoW friend's server.

Tarazet

Those were decent. Just clunky and a little boring. I dig what they're doing with the writing and storytelling.

But man, they really, REALLY need to make the quests a little more challenging. Like, I know they can't make them DIFFICULT, or risk alienating players to the point where they give up, never cap, and never keep subbing to experience all the rich content at 90. But I feel as though we're way below the threshhold of difficulty where that would happen. It's just TOO easy and mind-numbing (the questing).

Right now it's faceroll easy for tanks, easy for melee DPS, and impossible for casters without tons of CC. At least that's been my experience.

Magnus

Guys. What's Archaeology like? Is the lore interesting? Is the gameplay system itself enticing or fun at all?

I know next to nothing about it except that in 4.0 it was about triangulation to locate artifacts, but I haven't kept up with how the prof's been improved or changed in the last two years. It...HAS been improved/changed, right? I mean, there was so much player outcry over how terrible it was.

The BOA gear seems enticing, and the notion of digging up Azeroth's history is interesting to me. How long would it take to blitz 1-600 (or whatever the prof's cap is) at level 90?

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Guys. What's Archaeology like? Is the lore interesting? Is the gameplay system itself enticing or fun at all?

I know next to nothing about it except that in 4.0 it was about triangulation to locate artifacts, but I haven't kept up with how the prof's been improved or changed in the last two years. It...HAS been improved/changed, right? I mean, there was so much player outcry over how terrible it was.

The BOA gear seems enticing, and the notion of digging up Azeroth's history is interesting to me. How long would it take to blitz 1-600 (or whatever the prof's cap is) at level 90?

Unless you have nothing better to do, Archaeology isn't really worth it. Might be worth doing when you're in a dungeon queue and not doing quests i guess...

Loxley

Christ, what the hell is going on in the WoW sales thread.

Angry people everywhere.

This happens every time a WoW thread shows up on the Gaming side, without fail. No matter the subject, the threads are always hijacked by disgruntled ex-players and Blizzard haters who do nothing but trash the game and Blizzard. WoW threads have - more recently - also been attracting disgruntled Diablo 3 players to add to the cesspool.

I learned very quickly to just avoid any and all World of Warcraft - related threads on the gaming side since no productive conversations ever come out of them.

Magnus

Unless you have nothing better to do, Archaeology isn't really worth it. Might be worth doing when you're in a dungeon queue and not doing quests i guess...

Noted. I saw some cool things people were getting from Pandaria archaeology in guild chat yesterday and got jealous. But yeah, I need to do a million other things first. Including: Everything.

haha.

Maintenance on a Friday =/

Aw shit. ETA uptime? Home in an hour and was hoping to basically blitz to 90 all day!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Waking up to that sales thread makes me want to punch something or someone in the face. This thread decides if I should head my way over there and get perma-banned on GAF.

edit: It also doesn't help that there's a maintenance going on. Now I can really spend my time getting myself banned.

Teletraan1

Banned
Yeah... who cares if this expansion is better than Cataclysm? Epic dragon burning shit up > Lolkungfupandas

Some of GAF tried to act like they're better than "dudebros", but just look at that thread...

I haven't been here long but I have lurked for a while and I know that generally this board hates MMOs unless its hyping the next WoW killer that ends up getting stomped and the backlash ensues. Its always the same comments in any WoW related thread. You could just make a mmo meme generator that just populates most of the comments exactly from those threads. I think a problem with this board is everyone thinks they are some market analyst. When they aren't.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

There isn't. You just have to slog through Dread Wastes.

Well, there's a 10% experience buff from Brewfest, if that helps.

ZenaxPure

Have to say I REALLY love questing in all the zones (will be hitting 90 soon), but, I am not really looking forward to doing it on my alts. These levels just drag on forever. 1% of your level for just about every quest and it's very surprising how little you actually kill enemies so most of the level is just straight quest xp.

Kinda wonder if they will end up adding a heirloom flying book thing for alts like in wrath. That would certainly be a way to speed stuff up slightly.

So I've barely touched Pandaria since I've been at work and spent most of my time leveling my panda monk. What are the odds that this maintenance is to dramatically decrease rare drops and herb/ore veins in Pandaria now that it's been 3 days since release?

ampere

Grimace, do you need to a certain phase of the serpent rep before you can get the eggs? I've done one set of dailies so far, the eggs are intriguing me.

So I've barely touched Pandaria since I've been at work and spent most of my time leveling my panda monk. What are the odds that this maintenance is to dramatically decrease rare drops and herb/ore veins in Pandaria now that it's been 3 days since release?

There wasn't server maintenance on tuesday since that was release, this is probably just to make up for that. There could be hotfixes/changes too I guess

Magnus

There isn't. You just have to slog through Dread Wastes.

Well, there's a 10% experience buff from Brewfest, if that helps.

...Brewfest is on right now? They're actually doing a seasonal event in the middle of an expansion's first week? lol.

Talk about poorly spacing things out on the calendar.

Top Bottom