• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Tarazet

Sorry for being ignorant but people constantly babble on about the game being watered down even further in MoP ( Some guys wife in the sales thread lol ) - In what way?

There's the new talent system which is down to preference but what else? Seems like bog standard WoW to me in every other aspect, outside of improved quest flow and all that.

The Lock I run with thinks it's more like Classic than any other expansion so far. The leveling takes longer than Cata, casters have almost the same HP as Mana, and you have to grind factions to make the best recipes. He also commented on how much it rewards you for sticking with one character, as much as others have said that it's also very alt friendly.

Sethos

Banned
The Lock I run with thinks it's more like Classic than any other expansion so far. The leveling takes longer than Cata, casters have almost the same HP as Mana, and you have to grind factions to make the best recipes. He also commented on how much it rewards you for sticking with one character, as much as others have said that it's also very alt friendly.

Yeah, that's also the impression I'm getting. Right now I'm having flashbacks to vanilla WoW more than anything - Just struggling to understand some of the comments made towards the game.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
When I open windows like the spell book, auction house, etc. it takes a split second to load it all. Bits and pieces come visable in a random order.

Is this a bug, pc problem, or a new thing where everything isn't preloaded?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

That's exactly it, I've been trying to figure out why this expansion felt different. This is why. Mists is like Vanilla except with all of the improvements that have been implemented over the years.

Tarazet

That's exactly it, I've been trying to figure out why this expansion felt different. This is why. Mists is like Vanilla except with all of the improvements that have been implemented over the years.

From my perspective, I'm used to grinding dungeons. I did it tirelessly in SW:TOR and again when I picked up WoW at the end of Cataclysm. Now I'm basically being asked to do every quest on the entire continent in order to unlock everything, and grinding MoP normal instances has very little in the way of rewards by comparison. It's a totally different experience.

Tamanon

Banned
Whoo, powered through Outland on my day off today. Monk is now level 68. Leatherworking is holding strong at 370 and ready for Northrend tomorrow.

Fjordson

You can just dps and heal the entire group just through that eminence talent. Use your channel if things are going to hell on a tank or an overzealous dps. I am 55 atm and I rarely need to actually heal the group or the tank unless they absolutely suck. My dps is fairly competitive. In fact I think its broken because I was able to solo a lot of that new scholo at level. I found out by accident when I accidentally pulled the boss while the tank was farting around behind him clearing mobs and an icewall killed everyone in the party but me. I finished his first phase with his ice wall close to the other side of the room and the book phase was a breeze solo. When you get that spinning crane kick I was top damage for an entire BRD run just by spinning around when there was at least 3 mobs and dumping chi when possible. I dont think this will continue at later levels but its fun to level with. Faster too since you have 5 dps.
Haha, wow really. This should be interesting then. Thanks for the tips!

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
If I decide to hearth back to Ogrimmar to auction and stock up, how do I get back to Pandaria?

The easiest thing to do would be to set a hearth at the Shrine of Two Moons by "breaking" into Vale of Eternal Blossoms. Assuming that you can get back out of course :lol

Tarazet

If I decide to hearth back to Ogrimmar to auction and stock up, how do I get back to Pandaria?

There's a panda area in the Valley of Honor, the Horde Mage holds the portal to Pandaria open. That's what I did until I unlocked the Shrine of Two Moons, which has a portal directly to Orgrimmar, in addition to Shattrath, Silvermoon, Thunder Bluff, and Undercity for Horde and no doubt a similar selection for Alliance.

Slayerx

That thread is pretty sad but very predictable. That guy acts like WoW killed his family :/ I am sure people know which guy. On the subject of GW2, to be honest there is more sense of progression in pet battles alone than in the entirety of GW2, truly a WoW killer.

I'm loving my monk. Only nitpick I have right now is that I'm using the healing spec and it seems monks only get one channeled heal for low levels. Doesn't look like I get more until around level 30 (15 at the moment).

That heal is super OP in low-level battlegrounds. If it's on someone, it's nigh impossible to kill them without a stun/interrupt, which only a couple classes have before 20. Even playing a twinked out rogue, I couldn't kill people being healed like that most of the time. It doesn't help when your mana regen is so insane at those levels that you'll never go OOM.

For me, Bloodelf is the one where I drastically prefer the female model. Then Dranei.

Wait there's a difference? :p

Female Draenei are definitely way better than the males, and same goes for Blood Elves. Female humans also have a big lead IMO - the males are awful there. I'm not sure how I feel about Pandaren yet. I think they're both pretty good. For one thing, they're a lot higher rez/better modeled than the old races, same as the Cata ones.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
WTF?

qDeRb.jpg

Fjordson

Lmfao. What the shit is going on there?

Also, Carbonated you weren't kidding about this heal being really, really good. Wow. BG's are actually a little dull right now because it's 90 percent monks. Basically impossible for anyone to die because of the 3-4 monk healers in the game :lol guess that's bound to happen at low levels with a new class.

And I didn't think it'd happen, but I'm starting to get into pet battles. My Grunty and core hound pup just hit level 5 =D

Fjordson

I just hit 150 world tree marks for the molten front questline. Which side should I invest into first? Shadow Wardens or Druids of the Talon?

RPGCrazied

Wish pet battles had quests. Some of the fights just offer shameful xp. I'm trying to get to 20-21 to refight the zangamarsh pet tamer master, but damn its getting boring to level up the pets. lol. Thankfully they have a level 25 cap.

Woorloog

Banned
think we are all kinda on separate servers...
I'm on silvermoon

Well then...
Is anyone starting a new Alliance toon on PVE server anytime soon? And isn't too fast leveler? Tell me where and i'll make on there as well. It is considerably nicer to level with someone.

Sethos

Banned
Is Krasarang Wilds "part of" Valley of the Four Winds or is it a completely separate quest area? I just seem to have a great deal of quests leading into Krasarang.

Jrmint

Is Krasarang Wilds "part of" Valley of the Four Winds or is it a completely separate quest area? I just seem to have a great deal of quests leading into Krasarang.
You can fully complete Valley an never go into Krasarang. That's what I did. I plan to go back and finish it at 90.

By the way, what is the name of that wow thread in gaming? I haven't been able to find it, and I'd like a good laugh.

TomServo

Educate me... how does one make money with JC?

I knew how to make money on my old server where I had three toons with mining, herbalism, tailoring, alchemy, enchanting, and jewel crafting, but I transfered one toon (mining / JC) and I do better simply selling the massive amounts of ore than trying to prospect, cut, and sell gems.

Ultratech

You can fully complete Valley an never go into Krasarang. That's what I did. I plan to go back and finish it at 90.

That's what I did more or less. Did about half of Valley, then I got a lead-in quest to head to Kun-Lai from the cooking village.

Vale of Eternal Blossoms is pretty neat. I'm looking forward to exploring more of that.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Educate me... how does one make money with JC?

I knew how to make money on my old server where I had three toons with mining, herbalism, tailoring, alchemy, enchanting, and jewel crafting, but I transfered one toon (mining / JC) and I do better simply selling the massive amounts of ore than trying to prospect, cut, and sell gems.
Based on what I did in cat and not knowing about mop jc changes:

Ore is farming tho and competeing with bots. I'm not playing high level right now but you want to buy ore cheap and make money cutting the prospected gems.

Transmutation and disenchanting work well to make more profit out of the ore you buy as you probably knew.

I don't know the cost of the new ore and profit margin of cuts tho.

Anno

I'm as casual as WoW players come, and I'm having a great time with my panda Shaman so far. I really hope the other races get remodeled to have as much life as pandas do. Great animations.

Also, anyone who says the game isn't pretty is crazy.

Edit: Also, the Pandaria music is great. First time I haven't played to just podcasts in years probably.

Enosh

fucking drops
I have higher ilvl in my OS now -.-
oh well, at least i can tank shit for the satchel now, which is up pretty much all the time ^^
but still, come on, why you no drop dps plate??

Sober

Definitely agree on the Justice points being completely useless. There's not really many ways to earn them any more for one, and you'll be in heroics with quest gear before you'd even have access to any JP gear. They definitely missed the mark there, some miscommunication or something, but it's completely broken.
Yeah, it's weird how there isn't a general JP vendor in the game. Hopefully they just forgot to turn some things on, like recipes.

Crafting too is weird, at least for Blacksmithing. The only craftable gear are weapons (Klaxxi rep), shields (SP and tank) and the tank ilvl 450 gear. Plate DPS and plate SP are missing unless you count the pvp crafted gear you can buy. Is LW/tailoring any different?

Top Bottom