• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Anybody need a scroll that's looking to sub for a month? I'd like to get my girl the mount if at all possible. I know some folks in here probably have the mount a few times over.

I don't mind the rep part...except for how it interacts with the first part you posted, which is retarded. Basically, JP is completely useless. It doesn't just 'feel' useless, it IS useless. Heroics are a joke and anyone who hits 90 can be decked out long before they'd ever spend a single JP that they didn't arleady have saved up. On top of that, you CAN'T spend it anywhere except klaxxives for several weeks of rep grinding, which by the time you unlock the reps you won't want anything.

Even the valor gear sucks, and is only good as a stopgap, but when you need a ton of rep to unlock it you'll get better in most slots just from lfr by then.

It went overboard. JP should be BETTER than heroic gear, and Valor should be equal to LFR at least or normal difficulty raids (like usual) at the rate that you acquire it. I haven't spent a single JP, and I'm using quest items in some slots still. There's just nothing to get.

I'm irritated about the haloween thing as well. I figured it was gonna happen, but still.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I did CRZ to a person who's in Thrall and now I'm getting more eggs. It still works :p

Entropia

No One Remembers
I don't mind the rep part...except for how it interacts with the first part you posted, which is retarded. Basically, JP is completely useless. It doesn't just 'feel' useless, it IS useless. Heroics are a joke and anyone who hits 90 can be decked out long before they'd ever spend a single JP that they didn't arleady have saved up. On top of that, you CAN'T spend it anywhere except klaxxives for several weeks of rep grinding, which by the time you unlock the reps you won't want anything.

Even the valor gear sucks, and is only good as a stopgap, but when you need a ton of rep to unlock it you'll get better in most slots just from lfr by then.

It went overboard. JP should be BETTER than heroic gear, and Valor should be equal to LFR at least or normal difficulty raids (like usual) at the rate that you acquire it. I haven't spent a single JP, and I'm using quest items in some slots still. There's just nothing to get.

Just seeing this now. I agree. I've bought one thing from the klaxxies. Now it seems that I can only buy anything after grinding an absurd amount of dailies that will probably be mediocre after running heroics. Some of the way they set up reps and such is pretty

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I guess all the kids woke up because there are no eggs anymore. Either that, or it was hotfixed.

Yoshichan

I give up. Contingent tomorrow or something. I wanna do something productive now.

Fjordson

Monk is out of Pandaria and part of the Alliance now. Really liked the intro questline.

All decked out in heirlooms as well, though someone in my guild needs to level engineering so I can grab those heirloom legs :lol

Definitely agree on the Justice points being completely useless. There's not really many ways to earn them any more for one, and you'll be in heroics with quest gear before you'd even have access to any JP gear. They definitely missed the mark there, some miscommunication or something, but it's completely broken.

Yoshichan

30 eggs. How many more do I need?

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I can't say I'm real excited about the fact I've run 9 consecutive dungeons without a single plate armor DPS drop. I had exactly one in all of Pandaria so far, as well as a mace which was promptly ninjaed by the tank.

Yoshichan

How does it work? how do you know you took from the second loot table?

Ding, 89.

Looking at this empty XP bar nauseates me.

Just disable it with Bartender or whatever, and then it'll be a surprise! You won't have to look at the bar that way.

And my sub money isn't going through for whatever reason. Gave me game time expired, so now I can't log in (from the 7 free days). Activated a sub earlier, but the payment is still pending on Blizzard's end, even though Paypal says it went through. Hope it doesn't take too long to activate.

/withdrawals

Fake Edit: As I type this, it appears it went through. For some reason it's doubled up though. It looks like two purchases on the same day, but only one is active while the other says pending. If it charges me for a second month now, I guess that's okay, but I don't want to be out an extra $15 for nothing.

Boken

Banned
It's a real shame that gearing up for raids (heroics, Vp, rep) got mucked around with because otherwise this expac is pretty darn good.

Fjordson

I'm loving my monk. Only nitpick I have right now is that I'm using the healing spec and it seems monks only get one channeled heal for low levels. Doesn't look like I get more until around level 30 (15 at the moment).

Lain

I love the way this expansion looks.
cd81c24dc16b030d6c4b7d4c0c96b46d6b24fdc5.jpg

I'm halfway to 87 and did my first dungeon. It was very quick and easy and fun. It also gave me a piece of plate DPS gear.
Managed to get to 600 blacksmithing but the only blue "proc" I got from crafting today was a pair of tank gloves when I wanted some blue DPS gloves.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Tyring to decide how I want to level the monk. Finding pets is fun while questing, but I don't really want to do Azeroth quests again.

I can stramroll dungeons, but I've done that multiple times since I was working on 10 85's.

1-20 has been the most fund since my first few times on Vanilla.

I finally got to play for a bit and damn Pandaria is gorgeous! It looks like one giant Nagrand(aka the best looking Zone in WoW). I only played for a couple of hours though lovelife>>WoW.

And for some reason i don't like Fem Panda's casting animation. The Male's superb though.

JCizzle

I finally got to play for a bit and damn Pandaria is gorgeous! It looks like one giant Nagrand(aka the best looking Zone in WoW). I only played for a couple of hours though lovelife>>WoW.

And for some reason i don't like Fem Panda's casting animation. The Male's superb though.

I saw a male pandaren mage today, and you are absolutely correct. It looked like a whole new class almost. Blizz, why oh why can't you just allow evil Warlock Pandas :(

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I saw a male pandaren mage today, and you are absolutely correct. It looked like a whole new class almost. Blizz, why oh why can't you just allow evil Warlock Pandas :(

I'm more bummed out about no Pandaren Druids because I always wanted a Furbolg Druid.

Still holding out for playable Arakkoa

Teletraan1

Banned
Ah, okay, yeah looking at the spell book that's what it seemed like. That's cool. Guess I'll start hitting up BG's at 30 =D

You can just dps and heal the entire group just through that eminence talent. Use your channel if things are going to hell on a tank or an overzealous dps. I am 55 atm and I rarely need to actually heal the group or the tank unless they absolutely suck. My dps is fairly competitive. In fact I think its broken because I was able to solo a lot of that new scholo at level. I found out by accident when I accidentally pulled the boss while the tank was farting around behind him clearing mobs and an icewall killed everyone in the party but me. I finished his first phase with his ice wall close to the other side of the room and the book phase was a breeze solo. When you get that spinning crane kick I was top damage for an entire BRD run just by spinning around when there was at least 3 mobs and dumping chi when possible. I dont think this will continue at later levels but its fun to level with. Faster too since you have 5 dps.

Sethos

Banned
Man, you weren't wrong about the sales thread. Never in my life have I seen such butthurt ex-players and people who just want to get on the cool-to-hate bandwagon.

And at the same time they try to make GW2 seem like the next big thing? What the fuck. That game couldn't be the next big thing even if it was the first MMO ever released.

Yoshichan

Don't remind me about that thread please.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
If i had a penny everytime someone said "kung fu panda" on GAF ever since the expansion was announced and up to this date, i'd be fucking rich.

Ultratech

Finally hit 88 and got me a Metal Crab. For reference, it's one of these guys:

They're just chillin on the north of Kun-Lai. They give pretty awesome EXP per kill (like 268k), except they're packing 4 million HP and take a while to kill.
I managed to kill one and had my pet die twice since they hit for about 20k+.

Yoshichan

Challenge Mode ,___________,

Sethos

Banned
Haha,

"Snagtooth Hooligan yells: Pandaran pay for growing disgusting turnips"

"Snagtooth Hooligan yells: First kill turnips! then kill pandaran that grows them!"

Now that's a bulletproof plan if I ever saw one.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I should have installed the curse client sooner. I like doing things manually but there's too many steps. Download, locate file, unzip into addons directory, delete files.

Sethos

Banned
Sorry for being ignorant but people constantly babble on about the game being watered down even further in MoP ( Some guys wife in the sales thread lol ) - In what way?

There's the new talent system which is down to preference but what else? Seems like bog standard WoW to me in every other aspect, outside of improved quest flow and all that.

Top Bottom