• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Entropia

No One Remembers
Holy shit.

I need to leave GAF, right now. See you all when the servers go live.

<3 <3 <3

lol @ that troll statement.

I mean, WoW costs me $15/month. If I go out on a Friday night drinking with my co-workers, it costs me like $7/drink and I never have just one drink... so a few hours can cost me like $50+, but I can play WoW for $15/month for many many many hours.

ampere

Rogue friggin terrible as usual. It doesn't help that on fights fight a lot of target switching playing a rogue can be really damned complex now.

Hm? Rogues have never been terrible. If you swap specs based on the fight you'll almost always be pulling very high damage.

People, please don't look at simulationcraft numbers and then freak out that your class is low.

If you have competitive gear and play your class well, you will pull competitive damage. Those are simulations and they aren't perfect. Try out a sim for your character and then test it out on live (make sure the sim and your live self have the same buff/debuff settings). Simcraft is still a good resource but it is not perfect.

<3 <3 <3

lol @ that troll statement.

I mean, WoW costs me $15/month. If I go out on a Friday night drinking with my co-workers, it costs me like $7/drink and I never have just one drink... so a few hours can cost me like $50+, but I can play WoW for $15/month for many many many hours.

Some of my guildies and I joke about how much money we spent going out pre-wownerdom. If you have fun and play a lot $15 a month is not a bad fee

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Hm? Rogues have never been terrible. If you swap specs based on the fight you'll almost always be pulling very high damage.

People, please don't look at simulationcraft numbers and then freak out that your class is low.

If you have competitive gear and play your class well, you will pull competitive damage. Those are simulations and they aren't perfect. Try out a sim for your character and then test it out on live (make sure the sim and your live self have the same buff/debuff settings). Simcraft is still a good resource but it is not perfect.

Some of my guildies and I joke about how much money we spent going out pre-wownerdom. If you have fun and play a lot $15 a month is not a bad fee

The thing, is as I said on the previous page, the numbers ARE perfect (to my understanding).

nicoga3000 said:
I think that, in general, most classes will see a pretty unique spread as the raid logs start coming in. Keep in mind that these simulation numbers are based off of your classic Patchwerk encounter. You would NEVER see these numbers in a true raid scenario.

So in general, you are correct. If you play your class well, your numbers will reflect accurately of your skill and NOT of your class. :p

Entropia

No One Remembers
Simulation craft for you numbers people:

chart

chart

Source

This is over a month old, so it doesn't take into account, for example, the recent buff to Lightning Bolt Damage for Ele Shaman or the Sunfire/Moonfire buffs for Druids.

Also, as someone pointed out, these sims are usually done in extremely optimal raid scenarios that are pretty much not possible. But it will give you a sense of how well your class is doing.

That being said, I have noticed that my DPS has been sub-par.. :<

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
The thing, is as I said on the previous page, the numbers ARE perfect (to my understanding).

So in general, you are correct. If you play your class well, your numbers will reflect accurately of your skill and NOT of your class. :p

They aren't perfect even in that scenario because they have to make a number of assumptions about how certain abilities work/player latency.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
This is over a month old, so it doesn't take into account, for example, the recent buff to Lightning Bolt Damage for Ele Shaman or the Sunfire/Moonfire buffs for Druids.

Also, as someone pointed out, these sims are usually done in extremely optimal raid scenarios that are pretty much not possible.

That being said, I have noticed that my DPS has been sub-par.. :<

Yeah, this is a slightly older build, so things change. But I'm p sure Mage is STILL on top.

They aren't perfect even in that scenario because they have to make a number of assumptions about how certain abilities work/player latency.

I didn't realize simulationcraft took latency into account, haha. A+ to that.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'm just in The Jade Forest so far...but wow, this zone is absolutely gorgeous. Nagrand used to be my favorite...I think this might be the new winner.

Entropia

No One Remembers
I'm just in The Jade Forest so far...but wow, this zone is absolutely gorgeous. Nagrand used to be my favorite...I think this might be the new winner.

Bar none, I think that the Pandaria zones are some of the best that they've done visually and lorewise.

Instead of doing these silly "Do X amount of quests" for the zone achievements, it's based on completing these stories within the zone.

Garryk

I didn't really appreciate the zone until I got to Dawn's Blossom. The zone really opens up from there.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
The music does it for me.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
I seem to remember finding the Vale of Eternal Blossoms music to be completely random and weird.

Touch

I'm using Combat at the moment. I thought it would be good going into MoP but I guess I was wrong. I'll try going back to Sub and see what my numbers look like. I actually prefer playing Sub anyway since I mainly PvP Sub. Though the rotation is more complex than Combat. Anyway, I'll figure it out.

It also might be my stats. I think they are correct but I'm not actually sure how they changed for MoP. I'm going to have to look into to that. Got to get this all done before raids open :O

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
What heirloom do I want for windwalker? Warden staff? Two mass?

Leveling is leveling. I'd just go with the warden staff because it's cheaper than two maces, and you can transmog to one of those fun monk-style bamboo staffs with the bottle dangling from it starting at 20.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Leveling is leveling. I'd just go with the warden staff because it's cheaper than two maces, and you can transmog to one of those fun monk-style bamboo staffs with the bottle dangling from it starting at 20.
True. I already have one mass tho and I don't care about spending the JP on a staff or another mace. Decisions.

Edit: what's the name of the bamboo staff?

Angry Grimace

It just sounded super ominous, which makes little sense since Vale of Eternal Blossoms is a very serene looking zone.

I still can't figure out why the rares in VoEB are phased out. I keep ticking NPCScan with them, but I can't actually engage them.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
It looks sooo good!

Feeling super discouraged about the game as a whole right now. All because this was going to be the year I could finally get the Brewfest and Halloween mounts, but now I find out I'd have to rush through the new expansion because you have to be level 89 or 90 to fight the bosses. So fucking lame.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Damnit wowhead I want to see what this staff looks like

Edit: got it

It's the staff you get from your first trip to monktown via Zen Pilgrimage. There's also a staff vendor there who sells the same model in both the base and an alternate color scheme.

Anoregon

Feeling super discouraged about the game as a whole right now. All because this was going to be the year I could finally get the Brewfest and Halloween mounts, but now I find out I'd have to rush through the new expansion because you have to be level 89 or 90 to fight the bosses. So fucking lame.

Getting 4 levels in 2 weeks is rushing?

Island

I kinda feel you on that one. They should have left it at 85.... I'm racing to 90 for it. Maybe next year (if I am still playing)

There was never a guarantee of the mount for anybody since it's such a rare drop, but you can still get a few chances at it unless you only play 1hr each day and spend it fishing or something.

Island

Getting 4 levels in 2 weeks is rushing?

For some people yes. There will always be things in the game that are out of your reach (Gladiator titles, retired mounts, etc) but that doesn't mean that it seems silly to have the holiday so close to the launch. (Yes I know they pushed it back, but there are other ways they could have addressed it. Make Coren auto scale? Normal mode is 85, heroic is 90?)

Angry Grimace

I don't even know what you guys are talking about, Brewmaster takes like two hours to get. If you get 90 any time from now until two weeks from now you get Brewmaster.

*oh you meant the mounts. They're pretty rare as it is.

Bar none, I think that the Pandaria zones are some of the best that they've done visually and lorewise.

Instead of doing these silly "Do X amount of quests" for the zone achievements, it's based on completing these stories within the zone.

The music does it for me.

Yes and yes! Zones are probably some of my favorites in the entire game. So beautiful. Music is amazing this time around as well - I've kept it on. The inn music is hilarious.

Woorloog

Banned
I hate Brewfest. That fucking music is driving me nuts. And that yelling. I'm like 200 meters aways from the Brewfest in Durotar and i can hear the fucking yelling.
Argh!

I like Barrens' aesthetics but i still think it should have been a high level area originally. Needs mounts to move around it. Sure, from the design standpoint it would have been difficult but i don't care.
So nice we get mounts at 20 nowadays. Too bad that's after Barrens...

TheYanger

They said they were doing this ages ago, brewfest is up for half a freaking month. They even pushed it back a week because the xpac was hitting. I mean, there are holidays CONSTANTLY in wow, they have to release the expansion sometime, if you weren't going to level in 3 weeks or 4 weeks or whatever you were going to miss SOME holiday somewhere. You've got two and a half weeks from today to hit 90 and kill Coren. That's like 45 minutes a day.

Angry Grimace

Gripes:

1) JP gear feels useless. Sure, it's fine to have JP gear be "catch up" or worse gear in a world where its a step below top content, but let's face it, Heroic Dungeons are only "top content" due to the fact you can't raid yet. It's even more bizarre given that you only really will have access to a single JP vendor (the Klaxxi) given that you can't quite reach Honored with the Shado-pan, which leads into number 2, which is that;

2) The Reputation gating is ridiculous, particularly the fact that you can't access Shado-pan dailies without reaching Revered with the Golden Lotus. Its even more egregious given that Golden Lotus is a fucking SLOW burn. You're only getting 180 rep per quest with them.

TheYanger

Gripes:

1) JP gear feels useless. Sure, it's fine to have JP gear be "catch up" or worse gear in a world where its a step below top content, but let's face it, Heroic Dungeons are only "top content" due to the fact you can't raid yet.

2) The Reputation gating is ridiculous, particularly the fact that you can't access Shado-pan dailies without reaching Revered with the Golden Lotus. Its even more egregious given that Golden Lotus is a fucking SLOW burn. You're only getting 180 rep per quest with them.

I don't mind the rep part...except for how it interacts with the first part you posted, which is retarded. Basically, JP is completely useless. It doesn't just 'feel' useless, it IS useless. Heroics are a joke and anyone who hits 90 can be decked out long before they'd ever spend a single JP that they didn't arleady have saved up. On top of that, you CAN'T spend it anywhere except klaxxives for several weeks of rep grinding, which by the time you unlock the reps you won't want anything.

Even the valor gear sucks, and is only good as a stopgap, but when you need a ton of rep to unlock it you'll get better in most slots just from lfr by then.

It went overboard. JP should be BETTER than heroic gear, and Valor should be equal to LFR at least or normal difficulty raids (like usual) at the rate that you acquire it. I haven't spent a single JP, and I'm using quest items in some slots still. There's just nothing to get.

Angry Grimace

I don't mind the rep part...except for how it interacts with the first part you posted, which is retarded. Basically, JP is completely useless. It doesn't just 'feel' useless, it IS useless. Heroics are a joke and anyone who hits 90 can be decked out long before they'd ever spend a single JP that they didn't arleady have saved up. On top of that, you CAN'T spend it anywhere except klaxxives for several weeks of rep grinding, which by the time you unlock the reps you won't want anything.

Even the valor gear sucks, and is only good as a stopgap, but when you need a ton of rep to unlock it you'll get better in most slots just from lfr by then.

It went overboard. JP should be BETTER than heroic gear, and Valor should be equal to LFR at least or normal difficulty raids (like usual) at the rate that you acquire it. I haven't spent a single JP, and I'm using quest items in some slots still. There's just nothing to get.
The most realistic option I'm seeing is just spamming heroics and hoping you get drops. Otherwise, you're going to get access to decent rewards well after everyone who did that has moved on to Mogu'shan Vaults.

I think I bought a JP chest off of the Klaxxi, but it was a very minor upgrade because the quest rewards on the elite-level quests is exactly the same. Another really stupid thing I saw was that there was a quest in Scholomance that offered a quest reward of ilvl 440. Yes, heroic Scholomance was offering a gear reward that was the same level that it took for you to enter the dungeon in the first place.

Yoshichan

farming eggs is making me crazy

Yoshichan

Explain lol

I got Exalted in less than four hours.
Mal'Ganis

There's your explanation ,_, add me on real ID please, I wanna invite you and go to your server (through cross realm): Yoshichan#2623

Angry Grimace

What Rokam said. If I invite you to a party, you'll technically be on my realm to do stuff.

I believe they have sorted out/fixed the method in which you get sent to a realID partner's realm though in order to stop people from farming Darkmoon Rabbits and rigging the Fishing Contest.

Top Bottom