• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Tarazet

Educate me... how does one make money with JC?

I knew how to make money on my old server where I had three toons with mining, herbalism, tailoring, alchemy, enchanting, and jewel crafting, but I transfered one toon (mining / JC) and I do better simply selling the massive amounts of ore than trying to prospect, cut, and sell gems.

Right now, the prospecting value of my stack of Ghost Iron Ore is thousands of gold, whereas the stack itself is worth a couple hundred. At the beginning of a new expansion, leathers and ores are cheap, gems are exorbitant. Later on it switches around.

Enosh

Yeah, it's weird how there isn't a general JP vendor in the game. Hopefully they just forgot to turn some things on, like recipes.

Crafting too is weird, at least for Blacksmithing. The only craftable gear are weapons (Klaxxi rep), shields (SP and tank) and the tank ilvl 450 gear. Plate DPS and plate SP are missing unless you count the pvp crafted gear you can buy. Is LW/tailoring any different?
you can buy blue prints for 450 pve gear at the vendor of your respective faction capital in panda land for one spirit of harmony per blue print
edit: wait I tought that vendor had dps plate too, didn't check through...

Sarcasm

ugh I don't want to pay 40+15 to try out =S

its annoying trying to xfer money international..and not worth it for that little

Tarazet

Yeah, it's weird how there isn't a general JP vendor in the game. Hopefully they just forgot to turn some things on, like recipes.

Crafting too is weird, at least for Blacksmithing. The only craftable gear are weapons (Klaxxi rep), shields (SP and tank) and the tank ilvl 450 gear. Plate DPS and plate SP are missing unless you count the pvp crafted gear you can buy. Is LW/tailoring any different?

Look on Wowhead. For LW, the 496 epic patterns are random spawns from the Black Market and cost 20k gold. The 476 epics require Golden Lotus Honored, but one of the two pieces you can craft is worse than the one you can buy with Revered rep.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
My head is fucked up today.

Time to continue the onyx egg farm.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
... the daily in Vale is bugged so you can't continue in Mistfall Village... sigh. Please restart Mal'Ganis Blizzard...

Yoshichan

Still not done? Big server, I guess.

I wish I could tell you it will get easier as people hit Level 90 this weekend.
Mm, it's not like I'm only looking for the eggs :p I still do heroics, farmville, pet-battles, dailies, haha! I have 36 eggs right now though, after 8-9 hours of farming so it's not that bad.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
Mm, it's not like I'm only looking for the eggs :p I still do heroics, farmville, pet-battles, dailies, haha! I have 36 eggs right now though, after 8-9 hours of farming so it's not that bad.

You get several extra dailies at Revered. You should turn them in if it will put you over Revered.

Yoshichan

You get several extra dailies at Revered. You should turn them in if it will put you over Revered.
WOW! I didn't know this! Turning them in asap to see if I get to revered~

edit: Thanks a lot btw.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"

There is a general JP and VP vendor. He's hanging out on the back of Niuzao Temple.

TomServo

Right now, the prospecting value of my stack of Ghost Iron Ore is thousands of gold, whereas the stack itself is worth a couple hundred. At the beginning of a new expansion, leathers and ores are cheap, gems are exorbitant. Later on it switches around.

See, this is where I think I'm missing something.

I've been selling stacks of ghost iron for 200g each. I've sold 18 stacks today alone. I've still been prospecting so that I have rare gems for research, and I've posted cut rares... I've sold a handful, from 75g to 200g each.

Now for me, the risk that I'll get 200g worth of gems from four ghost iron prospects seems pretty high. Again, without an enchanter the uncommon gems are pretty much vendor trash.

I'm not doubting that I'm doing something wrong, because I know at least six of those 18 of those ore stacks sold to a JC.

Yoshichan

Three more eggs!

edit: Aaaaaaaaand done :D!

FlDiK.jpg

Three more eggs!

edit: Aaaaaaaaand done :D!

FlDiK.jpg

Alright, I'm jealous. I picked the Azure one, then immedieately regretted it after seeing how cool the Golden one looked. Pretty sure you can buy the others though. If not, I still have another character to go that I'll have to do dailies on so I can get it on him.

And for people having issues with JC - the ore price is severely inflated and the cut gem price severely deflated right now. Things will start to balance out in a few weeks. What's happening is everyone needs to cut gems to skill up, so you have an overabundance of those, with hardly anyone buying them since there's not much gear out with gem slots at the heroic and below level, and there still aren't many 90s who would even have that gear to take advantage of it anyway. Not to mention people needing ore to prospect and get the gems to cut.

Once everyone's done leveling to 90, and there aren't quite as many people out mining - even casually while leveling - prices will stabilize. Another part of the problem may be that cut gems are worth significantly less now than they were in Cataclysm and Wrath, simply because they're not gated by 3 days worth of dailies each. You don't get to pick exactly what you want, but you get recipes 3x as fast.

Anno

So once I unlock pet battling should I be able to battle any little critter that I come across out in the world? Or just some of them?

Sethos

Banned
Fuck me what is up with the Hunters? I'm playing one and I totally regret this shit. We don't just bottom out, we do it so badly it's embarrassing. Never had trouble staying competitive with DPS but this is just sad - Currently using BM which people are praising but for AoE purposes it's fucking horrendous. Never have I been so low on the DPS meters as right now.

Our pets are quite rubbish, even with Tenacity. I've had to keybind Mend Pet to a quick key because I have to spam it all day long.

And the levelling rotation is basically Arcane Shot spam.

Already thinking of ditching it for my DK or something, until they get some love.

( Yes I know some elitist Hunter will post in a second and tell me they're fine, la la la )

Yoshichan

So once I unlock pet battling should I be able to battle any little critter that I come across out in the world? Or just some of them?
Just some!

Not sure on this, but 2H Frost DKs Sim slightly higher (the margin is pretty low between them which is great), but doesn't Dual Wield Frost have a higher potential for AoE due to Razorice (and Cinderglacier if you have a third weapon to swap in)?

Westlo

Educate me... how does one make money with JC?

I knew how to make money on my old server where I had three toons with mining, herbalism, tailoring, alchemy, enchanting, and jewel crafting, but I transfered one toon (mining / JC) and I do better simply selling the massive amounts of ore than trying to prospect, cut, and sell gems.

The best time to sell gems is when new content is unlocked and gear with sockets starts to drop. AH situation is a mess at the moment... only surefire seller at the moment is buying ghost iron bars and transmuting them to trillium. A good time to stock up on things at the moment though... some ppl selling those perfect cuts from uncommon gems for like 5-10g even though they are equal to the blue gems...

DarkKyo

They really need to make it possible to disable shoulders similar to helms and capes, they mess up so many of my transmog ideas, i'm always just looking for the smallest least noticeable ones.

I completely agree! I mean later on when there's a larger choice of shoulders it will be nice, but right now I just want nothing on the shoulders :p

Chris R

Is there a list of all the different items to find in Panderia and their locations? The 100g for a grey was nice, but so was the 300k exp!

Yoshichan

Barely level 87 and I'm already sick of this game.
Then quit. You've already payed Blizzard so they're happy with your purchase.

Ultratech

Fuck me what is up with the Hunters? I'm playing one and I totally regret this shit. We don't just bottom out, we do it so badly it's embarrassing. Never had trouble staying competitive with DPS but this is just sad - Currently using BM which people are praising but for AoE purposes it's fucking horrendous. Never have I been so low on the DPS meters as right now.

Our pets are quite rubbish, even with Tenacity. I've had to keybind Mend Pet to a quick key because I have to spam it all day long.

And the levelling rotation is basically Arcane Shot spam.

Already thinking of ditching it for my DK or something, until they get some love.

( Yes I know some elitist Hunter will post in a second and tell me they're fine, la la la )

Eh...I think you're right for the most part. Feels like my pets are getting more and more useless the more I continue on. Hell, I had to fight some Rare Elite lizard dude near the Dread Wastes, and he killed my Shale Spider twice due to bleeds and other crap. Granted, it didn't help that I was ganged up on by multiple mobs... (Yay for Revive Pet during Deterrence.) And BM is horribad for AoE despite Beast Cleave.

And yeah, my damage seems stupidly low. I know part of it is the whole stat scaling BS, but it's still bad.

Also, I HATE Shadow Priests. Can't kill them for the life of me. :(

Robin64

Had to fight a fun crocodile boss at the end of my Vale chain of dailies today. It was invulnerable and would kill me in a couple of hits, but it turns out I had to kite it over corpses, which it would then eat. After it ate a bunch, it would begin to vomit, at which point I could get behind it and smack the shit out of it. Repeat a few times, then a tight little bit where it had me in its jaws and I had to go all out and BOOM. Fun solo boss. More please.

Cipherr

So after playing the first two days a bit and finding it only frustrating, I didnt play at all until just now and:

yQ7Ku.jpg

So.... moving to this really high pop PvE server is awesome pretty much all the time... except for an expansion launch. Fuck man I wasn't even aware servers still did queues. This is actually kinda frustrating. My wait time once it was done calculating, is sitting at 20 fucking minutes.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
I love my medium pop server, no queues at all. And it isn't dead like a low pop one!

Sucks for you guys. :(

Yoshichan

Saturday Scenario-achievement bugged...

Loxley

Man, I am loving these flashback quests that let you
take control of NPC's.
I know there were a few of them in the revamped 1-60 content in Cataclysm, but the way they're used in Pandaria is pretty cool.

Woorloog

Banned
WoW's economy is insane, broken.
4 pieces of Medium Leather cost 39G on EU-Twisting Nether (Horde, don't know 'bout how things are on Alliance side).
Noobs cannot afford that, experienced players don't need it (or if they do, very little). Since there is no need, the price should be low. But no, WoW's insane system means inflation is insane.
So. Where the hell am i going to get 4 pieces of Medium Leather? Guild has a lot of people but they don't talk nor do they listen (a random guild that invited me, accepted for the perks).
I'm not very keen on the idea of waiting in Orgrimmar trying to WTB them from trade chat. Going to take a long while.

EDIT oh, there's a NPC that sells it. Hmm. Let's try that then.

Top Bottom