• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

sazzy

I'm in utter and complete love with the zones. Cata was my first expac, and for a while I thought Deepholm was the major/only zone. Yuck.

I just love running around my mount in the fields.

Edit- I almost dont wanna get to 90 just so I don't run out of things to explore. This is why I get so pissed when I miss a quest.

I'm in utter and complete love with the zones. Cata was my first expac, and for a while I thought Deepholm was the major/only zone. Yuck.

I just love running around my mount in the fields.

Edit- I almost dont wanna get to 90 just so I don't run out of things to explore. This is why I get so pissed when I miss a quest.

Cata was very different compared to Wrath and BC, both of which are more similar to Mists since they forced you to reach level cap before acquiring flying. It really lets you take in and appreciate more of the world when you see it on foot first, compared to flying over it all. Wrath sort of changed at the end with the BoA flying book, which I expect we might see in 5.2 or 5.3, but that was just a convenience for alts since the vast majority of the populace had already done 70-80.

sazzy

OMG I just murdered one of those rhino moms with spiked tails... and she had 3 kid rhinos following her, who I also had to kill (for the Quest!!!)

I feel terrible now.

edit- and I just skinned them all.

The first Lotus hub led to Whitepetal Lake today and there was nobody there. Well done, beta testers!

Don't get me started on some of the bugs. Everyone on Mal'Ganis at least (if not elsewhere too) was screwed out of a Lotus daily yesterday since these statues weren't clickable. They sparkled, but no one could use them.

JCizzle

Coren is so damn annoying to tank with all of the freaking agro dumps. Plus I have never once seen a beer show up in my bags to drink as it tells you to do. I'll try again in a week once DPS improves as they gear.

Tarazet

I play on a desktop but I've noticed an FPS drop. No idea what other crazy ass effects they've thrown into the game.

ANyway, I have a RAF account with a friend and he's basically going to quit. I'm tempted to drag his character around with my character to get the triple xp. Anybody have any suggestions on how to accomplish that?

Also, the numbers in this game have gotten ridiculous. I don't even look at health bars any more because the numbers make my eyes go cross eyed. Are they ever going to re-adjust this?

You can always change it to percentages and remove the flytext.

Magnus

So, fuck me, tabards for rep are gone? I HAVE to do dailies for this now? Fuck.

The concept of daily quests has always annoyed me. I'm not sure I'll bite unless I absolutely have to.

Trickster

Almost done with Kun-lai now. And I must say that so far, after the Jade forest zone. These last three zones have been pretty bad in comparisson.

Visually they're not all that interesting. Kun-lai especially is for the most part downright ugly, it's barren and brown. I get that they're going for a tibetan feel for the zone, but at some point you'd think they stop and go "oh, this zone is pretty boring visually, we should probably change it".

Quest are what you'd expect, though me and most of my friends who are playing, agree that the quests are more grindish than cataclysm.

Last thing, where is the entire horde vs alliance conflict that the expansion was supposed to be focusing on? So far there's been pretty much zero horde vs alliance stuff since the first zone.

sazzy

Almost done with Kun-lai now. And I must say that so far, after the Jade forest zone. These last three zones have been pretty bad in comparisson.

Visually they're not all that interesting. Kun-lai especially is for the most part downright ugly, it's barren and brown. I get that they're going for a tibetan feel for the zone, but at some point you'd think they stop and go "oh, this zone is pretty boring visually, we should probably change it".

Quest are what you'd expect, though me and most of my friends who are playing, agree that the quests are more grindish than cataclysm.

Last thing, where is the entire horde vs alliance conflict that the expansion was supposed to be focusing on? So far there's been pretty much zero horde vs alliance stuff since the first zone.

Metzen.

Don't believe his lies.

Sarcasm

Staring at the digital upgrade to MoP page....

***So this play with anybody thing hows it work?

I am on one server with some friends and have a couple on different ones can we all play together?

Tamanon

Banned
So this play with anybody thing hows it work?

I am on one server with some friends and have a couple on different ones can we all play together?

Basically, you and your friends can group via RealID and run dungeons together. RealID lets them see and talk to you across realms and even group.

Sarcasm

Basically, you and your friends can group via RealID and run dungeons together. RealID lets them see and talk to you across realms and even group.

Whem i stopped playing you could only do lfr and lfd basically randoms. Can you do more now? This would greatly sway me into resubbing if the more part os more.

sazzy

I've decided to go to Kun Lai after Valley instead of Wilds.

Hopefully not missing big things there. Gonna go back there eventually.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I've decided to go to Kun Lai after Valley instead of Wilds.

Hopefully not missing big things there. Gonna go back there eventually.
They are both two great zones. Enjoy.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Haha, it really does sound awesome.

Robin64

Healing injured cloud serpent babies is annoying as heck. You have to use your own bandages, which would be fine if it didn't take a while to channel. And it only completely and counts if it fully channels. Which is mostly impossible with the silly spawn rate of mobs on that island due to high population.

Loxley

Stormwind is my favorite, but Silvermoon probably takes second. I really love the recurring use of cellos in the Blood Elf music.

Silvermoon is one of those places that I kind of feel bad about, it's a beautifully designed location but - to my knowledge - it was never a popular city in the way that Orgrimmar was. Same could be said for The Exodar, which is a shame because it's clear that a lot of time was spent creating it. I think this is why Blizzard haven't given any of the new races since TBC their own individually dedicated cities designed along the same lines of Stormwind and Orgrimmar. They have their own zones, sure, but no capital cities on the scale of what the Blood Elves and Draenei got.

TheExodu5

Banned
I don't really like any music in WoW. It doesn't help that 90% of the time it's silence and then a theme just starts playing out of nowhere for a few minutes and then it's back to silence again.

suzu

Liking the expansion quite a bit! I like the way Jade Forest and Valley of the Four Winds look the most. I also hate how goofy the MoP inn music is!

Q: How do I unlock the Shado-Pan and the August Celestials daily quests?

Yoshichan

Liking the expansion quite a bit! I like the way Jade Forest and Valley of the Four Winds look the most. I also hate how goofy the MoP inn music is!

Q: How do I unlock the Shado-Pan and the August Celestials daily quests?
Gotta get Golden Lotus to revered.

Ultratech

Welp, finished up Townlong Steppes quests and moved on to Dread Wastes.
Definitely an interesting place...and dat skybox.

About halfway to 90 now. Hopefully I can hit it this afternoon or tonight.

Stormwind is my favorite, but Silvermoon probably takes second. I really love the recurring use of cellos in the Blood Elf music.

Silvermoon is one of those places that I kind of feel bad about, it's a beautifully designed location but - to my knowledge - it was never a popular city in the way that Orgrimmar was. Same could be said for The Exodar, which is a shame because it's clear that a lot of time was spent creating it. I think this is why Blizzard haven't given any of the new races since TBC their own individually dedicated cities designed along the same lines of Stormwind and Orgrimmar. They have their own zones, sure, but no capital cities on the scale of what the Blood Elves and Draenei got.

From what I remember, wasn't Silvermoon supposed to be sort of a replacement capital? (i.e. the popular place to go?)

Could've swore I remember they built it so big so it could accommodate a lot of people. Of course, the irony comes in that it became a ghost town apart from low-level BEs.

And yeah, the BE music is really pretty good.

NZNova

Enjoying it so far but man is my realm horde-heavy. Every town I enter there's about 12 horde standing around and 1-2 alliance. Spend most of my time running for my life from angry groups of 'em.

Trickster

They really need to tone down the SSAO in this game...it's nice but it's way too strong.

I turned it off because I could only barely notice it while I was toggling it between high and off. Seemed silly to take an fps hit, just to have something enabled that I would never ever notice unless I'm actively toggling it on and off.

Yoshichan

Yay! Got an epic 476 cloak :D

Fjordson

I don't really like any music in WoW. It doesn't help that 90% of the time it's silence and then a theme just starts playing out of nowhere for a few minutes and then it's back to silence again.
=[ I really love a lot of WoW's music. Vanilla is probably my favourite set of tunes, but MoP's has been fantastic as well based on what I've heard. Much better than Cata.

Yay! Got an epic 476 cloak :D
Grats =D

after watching this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOq0QP7TMaY&feature=player_embedded

I suddenly wanted to give up a profession for Engineering. :(

My Shaman currently has Mining and Enchanting. And I know Mining goes well with engineering, but I kinda don't want to give give up enchanting because it's my main gold making Profesion since I started playing. :(

And my Hunter has Skinning and Leatherworking so I dont think I can afford to give up any of those.

Yoshichan

And how much did that cost you?
Random drop from heroic Stormstout Brewery. It's 50k in the AH but I decided to equip it~

edit: all five people rolled on it btw ,_,

Top Bottom