• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Whaaaaaaaat. >:|
Haha, welcome to MoP rep-system. Everyone is hating on the fact that Blizzard are restricting us so much (and forcing us to play for months) in order to get gear - that's worthless in months anyway. Join the hate-club! :D

Robin64

It makes much more sense to do things for a faction to earn their favor, rather than wearing their colours in some dank dungeon where nobody will see you and they magically get friendlier with you.

There are a lot of non-raiders, guys, so this will be their best gear and something to keep doing.

Eiolon

So I am leveling my cooking right now. When I make something with Way of the Grill recipe, I gain a skill point for both cooking and Way of the Grill. However, if I make something with a different "Way of the Pot/Steamer/Oven" recipe I only get a skill point in those respective categories. Why do I not get one in cooking as well?

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Damn. I stayed up late playing lol and wow then watching the first half of the jets game before falling to sleep.

Not used to gaming so hard anymore.

C.Dark.DN

Banned
I just realized I had a dal'rend to go with the mass. So much more deeps than the staff. So much mo. Now I don't feel like I'm sucking.

Sethos

Banned
Okay I didn't just hit the wall, someone picked up the wall and slapped me with it.

I was doodling along on my Hunter which I very much enjoyed. Then realized they are basically as DPS competitive on the lower end scale as a ball of cotton. Now I'm not DPS whore and I don't mind being at the bottom but when your DPS meter almost looks like something a bot could pull off, it's just hours of cringing and embarrassment. Probably need to mess around with the other specs, however instances are just AoE frenzies ...

Hopped on my Death Knight, oh he kills fast and maintains a solid DPS in instances but I just don't enjoy Death Knights any more, they kinda bore me. Their rotation plus the AoE build-up is just annoying as always. Also the lack of 'hit feedback' ( Crazy thing to be bothered about I know ) which is basically woosh sounds, I want to hear the sound of flesh getting crushed.

Tried my 85 Protadin and shit almighty it was annoying. I was tanking raids pre-MoP and suddenly I lose aggro when some dude bashes on a mob that isn't my primary, despite having consecrated the ground to hell and back plus hammered the mobs to shit. Small thing but that just annoys me :p Miss my relaxing AoE tanking.

Tried a monk for a little while. Level 4 and I wanted to put a gun to my head.

Damn that wall when you've just grown exhausted and everything is working against you, either because I suck balls or the game isn't quite balanced yet. I already miss my Hunter :(

Fjordson

It makes much more sense to do things for a faction to earn their favor, rather than wearing their colours in some dank dungeon where nobody will see you and they magically get friendlier with you.

There are a lot of non-raiders, guys, so this will be their best gear and something to keep doing.
Yeah, I kind of like this change for my play style. Though I understand why raiders would be upset.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=86594#dropped-by

This is the greatest item ever. Works almost exactly like the SWToR companions except you can't die while he's out foraging or you'll have to wait to use it again. Have gotten at least 1 mote everytime he's gone out, as well as healing potions!

I ran across the NPC that drops Martar's Magnifying Glass and I love running around in Org with him out. He looks like Hogger. :)

I like these strange little trinkets.

after watching this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOq0QP7TMaY&feature=player_embedded

I suddenly wanted to give up a profession for Engineering. :(

My Shaman currently has Mining and Enchanting. And I know Mining goes well with engineering, but I kinda don't want to give give up enchanting because it's my main gold making Profesion since I started playing. :(

And my Hunter has Skinning and Leatherworking so I dont think I can afford to give up any of those.

what item is that? lol

TheYanger

Okay I didn't just hit the wall, someone picked up the wall and slapped me with it.

I was doodling along on my Hunter which I very much enjoyed. Then realized they are basically as DPS competitive on the lower end scale as a ball of cotton. Now I'm not DPS whore and I don't mind being at the bottom but when your DPS meter almost looks like something a bot could pull off, it's just hours of cringing and embarrassment. Probably need to mess around with the other specs, however instances are just AoE frenzies ...

Hopped on my Death Knight, oh he kills fast and maintains a solid DPS in instances but I just don't enjoy Death Knights any more, they kinda bore me. Their rotation plus the AoE build-up is just annoying as always. Also the lack of 'hit feedback' ( Crazy thing to be bothered about I know ) which is basically woosh sounds, I want to hear the sound of flesh getting crushed.

Tried my 85 Protadin and shit almighty it was annoying. I was tanking raids pre-MoP and suddenly I lose aggro when some dude bashes on a mob that isn't my primary, despite having consecrated the ground to hell and back plus hammered the mobs to shit. Small thing but that just annoys me :p Miss my relaxing AoE tanking.

Tried a monk for a little while. Level 4 and I wanted to put a gun to my head.

Damn that wall when you've just grown exhausted and everything is working against you, either because I suck balls or the game isn't quite balanced yet. I already miss my Hunter :(

With no raids yet? hunters are fine. Do tons of instances with them. No idea about raid balance but I never trust simcraft for overall rankings.

ch0mp

So I am leveling my cooking right now. When I make something with Way of the Grill recipe, I gain a skill point for both cooking and Way of the Grill. However, if I make something with a different "Way of the Pot/Steamer/Oven" recipe I only get a skill point in those respective categories. Why do I not get one in cooking as well?
Cooking levels up with your highest of the Pandarian cooking skill levels. Each type has the same recipes with a different theme so I'd be focusing on one at a time.

TheExodu5

Banned
So, looks like Power Auras has been abandoned.

I used to use Power Auras to have buff/debuff timers (number timers, not bars). Is there an alternative out there?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
BOOOOOOOOOOONESTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORM!

Draxal

Haha, welcome to MoP rep-system. Everyone is hating on the fact that Blizzard are restricting us so much (and forcing us to play for months) in order to get gear - that's worthless in months anyway. Join the hate-club! :D

It's Blizzard's way of making people race change to human then pandas.

Dresden

Got my monk up to 83. Enjoying it a lot, and I think it'll be my 'main', but I don't think I'll be pvping much on him unless he's healing. :/ Or carrying flags.

Dual wielding two of these babies for the leveling process.

KuroNeeko

Hunters and Paladins still best for soloing old raids / dungeons? I've never raided before and have only seen some of the dungeons in BC despite playing since Vanilla and having all the expacs up to Cataclysm. Would be nice to have the option to go back and do them just to collect cool gear and enjoy the experience.

Dresden

Hunters and Paladins still best for soloing old raids / dungeons? I've never raided before and have only seen some of the dungeons in BC despite playing since Vanilla and having all the expacs up to Cataclysm. Would be nice to have the option to go back and do them just to collect cool gear and enjoy the experience.

Blood DKs.

Fjordson

Got my monk up to 83. Enjoying it a lot, and I think it'll be my 'main', but I don't think I'll be pvping much on him unless he's healing. :/ Or carrying flags.

Dual wielding two of these babies for the leveling process.
That's good to hear. I'm loving my monk at the moment. Planning on healing at 90 with him.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Reached the Alliance hub in the Vale today (and level 90).

It's the small things, man ;_; I love this game.

Also: the MoP rep system is the best since BC. Fuck those cheap tabards and worthless factions. I want to feel like I accomplished something when I hit Exalted, I don't want a walk in the park.

Death knights are by far the best.

I was doodling along on my Hunter which I very much enjoyed. Then realized they are basically as DPS competitive on the lower end scale as a ball of cotton. Now I'm not DPS whore and I don't mind being at the bottom but when your DPS meter almost looks like something a bot could pull off, it's just hours of cringing and embarrassment.

Sounds like ret pally at the launch of cata.

scoobs

blood dks are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy better than every other class in the game at soloing.

Krogan

I am glad I never bothered to jp cap before MoP since I have only purchased one item and have no idea when I will have enough rep for anything else.

I am glad I never bothered to jp cap before MoP since I have only purchased one item and have no idea when I will have enough rep for anything else.

You will be geared out in heroic gear before you'd hit the reputations required to buy any JP gear. It's only useful for heirlooms now, and not even that much then if you've been collecting them since Wrath and have a bunch. There's still a few sets I'm missing, but you're not going to need all of them. You really only need one leather set, one plate set, etc.

Alchemy

Didn't get enough WoW in today, internet was exploding all over the place. A few bars from 86 on the Warlock though. I got to throw poo at fish people, so it was a good end of the weekend.

I want to get back into this (I stopped at BC(sort of - only 64 haha)). But I feel like I have to buy like 5 expansions and level up for 2 years to catch up...

Can you just buy MoP and play?

Top Bottom