• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

TheYanger

Bear run is pretty easy. If you're not super good it's probably easier in a good RDF group than on your own, the +15% really helps. A 'good' run will probably have like 6 minutes left when you get to the last boss, and in reality he only takes like 2 minutes to kill.

Also very impressed that Method/Paragon/Inner Sanctum have managed Baleroc. Mechanically he's not that challenging from ptr experience but...that's a fuckload of dps.

Thoraxes

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Interesting, I never would have imagined it was simply bug issues caused by flying was the trigger. I have to say the new quests and low level areas are what's really keeping me in this time as opposed to earlier attempts to be involved in WoW. It's unfortunate that 60-85 have suffered because of it, but hopefully it's now something they can put time and effort into (if they haven't already).

I was also wondering is there any reason to get Lich King and then Cataclysm before reaching the respective level caps in Vanilla WoW and TBC. Should I simply get them as I hit the level cap or is there a reason to get them soon?
If they're on sale, just grab them while they're cheap. If not, just hang in there till you hit the respective caps and buy them then. Chances are you're bound to see it cheaper somewhere while that happens.

Alex

Oh man it's Hodir again? I don't like when they do that kind of stuff to raid comps.

Did they do anything with archeology in 4.2? Man, calling that thing a joke profession would be kind at this point.

Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Interesting, I never would have imagined it was simply bug issues caused by flying was the trigger. I have to say the new quests and low level areas are what's really keeping me in this time as opposed to earlier attempts to be involved in WoW. It's unfortunate that 60-85 have suffered because of it, but hopefully it's now something they can put time and effort into (if they haven't already).

I was also wondering is there any reason to get Lich King and then Cataclysm before reaching the respective level caps in Vanilla WoW and TBC. Should I simply get them as I hit the level cap or is there a reason to get them soon?
Old world was made to be ground travel only and they had to enable flying there sooner or later. As for the druid bug, which was on a public test realm, I'm convinced it was intentional to give curious people the ability to explore the world not meant for flying from the the air.

I guess they could have fixed some things up and kept it looking mostly the same but altering zones and the quest makes sense to get people interested in 1-60.

half a moon said:
Old world was made to be ground travel only and they had to enable flying there sooner or later. As for the druid bug, which was on a public test realm, I'm convinced it was intentional to give curious people the ability to explore the world not meant for flying from the the air.
Now that you mention it I do seem to recall reports about what people found in the Public Test Realms by flying.

half a moon said:
I guess they could have fixed some things up and kept it looking mostly the same but altering zones and the quest makes sense to get people interested in 1-60.
Yeah, I have to say whoever was in charge of the quest overhaul did a hell of a job. It really felt like a different game like WoW2 almost.

ch0mp

Miletius said:
So after weeks of trying (sort of) to get a group together for the ZA speed run I randomly did a PUG this morning and got the bear. I offered to help the rest get but in usual PUG fashion they all dispersed after the run.

So, bear set get! Pretty stoked.
The LFD buff really helps in that regard. 15% is huge.

zugzug

we killed shannox 10 man normal, as an enhance shaman had him rage on me, and then later on all other dps was on other dog while I was only person on SHannox taking him down to 30% I think it was. Funny thing casual guild dosen't raid again until Saturday so Tuesday to Saturday basically off. I wasn't feeling Firelands at all but now I wish I was in a 25man hardcore raiding guild that did the 8 hour raid attempt takes a dinner break between raids. I was top DPS as well without any of the new firelands cloak or such. I hadn't really raided since April.

On side note last tuesday I was object of 4 peoples aggressions in trade chat on a very small server where everyone knows everyone. Complete trolling of me 2 of those people had quit that faction, yet have alts still. Verbal Abuse beyond the limits, flat out cursing, lying, full on graphical statements about me in trade chat. First Gm I paged did not talk to me simply said we will investigate we wont' tell you anything. 18 hours later 3 of those 4 are logged in again. I page a second GM ticket gets escalated I get blue popup window saying GM wants to talk to you about 2 hours later. That message only says go read your in game mail I sent you a message. I Kid you not its basically cut and paste the same exact thing from first GM.

So like I said its a well know as a very small faction of a badly progressed server. What they were saying were the types of things they would get them assaulted in real life. Bar tables thrown at them. Fights started because they could not hold their tongue. I know all four of them and they do not like me, I do not like them. The types of things you dare someone to say to you in real life. Yet they could not hold their tongues.

You'd expect the GMs would step in when it goes out of bounds, just like a Moderator would on here when things start to bound out of control.

I dunno, its more than simply me placing them on ignore its because 3 of them were on their alts. I am so angry at this pyramid of punishment that Blizzard has. Clearly to me in my opnion what they were doing goes beyond first step punishment. It is clear to me their intent as trolls. Blizzard I honestly think what they were doing and saying warranted a full 1 week ban at the very least if not outright more.

Saren is Bad said:
People will go batasspussy insane if H Rag goes down in the first week possible.

Wouldn't really surprise me, though. Isn't that pretty standard for new content? And with only 7 bosses I dunno what else to expect.

In other news my guild had an unscheduled raid to kill Domo tonight while I wasn't online. So much for that legendary token. I'm really angry at them but I have to admit I'd have done the same thing in that situation.

What's the overall opinion on Cata now that its been out for over 6 months? Same old crap, or a breath of fresh air into WoW's rather stale lungs?

zugzug

Chriswok said:
What's the overall opinion on Cata now that its been out for over 6 months? Same old crap, or a breath of fresh air into WoW's rather stale lungs?

treat it as a single player game, its a breathe of fresh air for the first 30 days, and then its the stale afterwards. I can't compare to what it is now. But man release day of Cata zomg everything was awesome sauce. Now its really really Blizzard? I was excited to be first ally to kill Shannox on my server since I had not planned to raid firelands. I'm excited to raid again this weekend. However beyond that I'm not doing anything else beyond looking for mysterious camel figurine and perhaps doing that 5 daily quets chain in Zul'drak for the impsosible less than 1% chance at the glowing trinket.

As far as H Rag down, already a blue post dismissing the outrage that will occur if that happens. They are pros you are not have you downed H Rag, then you cannot be outraged. Is the impression I took from the blue post.

Thoraxes

Chriswok said:
Saying you want to release more frequent content patches with cool stuff in it, and then giving us only troll heroics over a 7 month span, wasn't cool.

Firelands is cool and fun for me. Honestly, if they can keep up a better pace with patches and not make another 7 month wait happen and only give us 2 heroics to work on, things should be fine.

Also, working on NORMAL Rag this week! Fun fight, and glad we finally got there!

C.Dark.DN

Banned
What's the kill order from easiest to hardest?

A guild on our server is telling us their kill order is baleroc, spider, rhyolith, shannox.

We only killed shannox.

yanhero

wonderdung said:
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hkxevfqp0lt8rtpa/sum/damageDone/?s=13571&e=13980

Inner Sanctum's Baleroc parse. I guess the answer is that my math was off since you can do it with 530k raid dps and somehow I was thinking it was near 600k. Still good DPS but not "unattainable".

Edit: Looks like 7 minute enrage rather than 6 minute.

No, it is a 6minute enrage, Baleroc had enrage for 48s. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-hkxevfqp0lt8rtpa/details/37/?s=13571&e=13980 click buffs gained.

yanhero

DeathNote said:

A guild on our server is telling us their kill order is baleroc, spider, rhyolith, shannox.

We only killed shannox.

Probably Beth'tilac > Shannox > Baleroc > Rhyolith > Alysrazor.

I just started playing this game and had a couple of questions:

1) when I started the game the narrator voice mentioned a bunch of stuff including at the lynch king was already defeated. Does this mean I can't go back and do the story quests for the older expansion packs anymore?

2) you know the inventory slots at the bottom of the screen? How do I remove items from the slots. I tried left and right clicking but neither did anything.

3) is there a website to see the different guilds to see which is right for me?

Will probably be back later with more questions.

Gaaraz

Just tried to get my girlfriend and a friend onto this, using the trial, quite excited to have a go!

But then I realised you can't form a group/party. Seriously WTF? That completely kills the game for me, makes it utterly worthless in playing, and more importantly makes it impossible for a newcomer like my girlfriend to get involved since we can't properly help her out, even though she's sat right next to me we have to run around separately in game. /sigh

Alex

The trial is basically worthless. They've had to remove like every ounce of functionality due to gold spamming crap.

1) when I started the game the narrator voice mentioned a bunch of stuff including at the lynch king was already defeated. Does this mean I can't go back and do the story quests for the older expansion packs anymore?

2) you know the inventory slots at the bottom of the screen? How do I remove items from the slots. I tried left and right clicking but neither did anything.

Will probably be back later with more questions.

You can, in fact you must to reach cap. The new version of Azeroth they put in for Cataclysm is just further in time than the older stuff, yes it can be confusing.

Do you mean the action bars? You want to move spells or items off of them? They might be set to locked for you in your options, if they are hold shift while left clicking.

Game should have a built in guild finder as of the 4.1 patch:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2657799

Anticitizen One said:

No quests have changed in Outlands or Northrend. You essentially go back in time in the zones. To see the Lich Kings death you can kill him with other players at a high level or go into the city Dalaran and watch the cutscene.

There's no overall story quest than spans the whole game. Each zone is pretty much self contained quest-wise but you can only do them at certain levels.
http://media.wowstead.com/attachments/170/663/634272010455826876.jpg
You'll probably skip zones from leveling too fast because leveling was amde easier.

There's 4 bag slots for you to equip more bags in. The default one is unchangeable. Bags vary in size, price, source. There's banks in cities where you can store stuff and equip even more bags. A lot of stuff you'll want to sell to vendors for currency. Some stuff you'll want to put on the Auction House for players to buy at a higher price than the vendors will pay. To sell to a vendor you open up it's UI by talking to it and click the item in the bag. You can buy back items for a limited time. If you want to delete it I think the only way I've done it was by dragging it into the world and it'll ask if I want to destroy it. Some consumables can be dragged to the tool bar. They stay in the bags, but you just can click them for use. You can drag armor into the slot or click the item to replace what you have equipped.

Edit: If you're talking about the action bars and the abilities in them they should be dragable by default. If not you either shift, ctrl, or alt click to drag it out. Either one. There's also a setting to enable or disable locking the abilities.

There's a built in guild finder. Or you can ask for one in trade chat.

Websites that are a valuable resources in general to wow:
http://www.wowhead.com/ (example)
http://www.wowpedia.org/Portal:Main (example)
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/ (example)
http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/ (example)
http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/default.aspx (example)

I should also mention I'm currently playing the free trial. I plan to buy the full retail game soon. When I install it I can keep my current character or will I have to start over from scratch?

Anticitizen One said:
I should also mention I'm currently playing the free trial. I plan to buy the full retail game soon. When I install it I can keep my current character or will I have to start over from scratch?

Short answer: You can keep your character if you upgrade the trial account.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Alucrid said:
Fucking hell. I'm never gonna finish ZG.

Yeah, if you have some terrible pug, the troll heroics can last for nearly 2 hours. :(

It's when i see a group wipe 5 times on the 1st boss that i know its not worth the 140 Valor points.

Alucrid

Banned
Bisnic said:
Yeah, if you have some terrible pug, the troll heroics can last for nearly 2 hours. :(

It's when i see a group wipe 5 times on the 1st boss that i know its not worth the 140 Valor points.

I always get to Hakkar and shit just goes wrong. Of course I spoke too soon since I just kill him, sadly no loot for me cause he's a bitch.

Alex

I did all of my ZG/ZA stuff, etc on alts with one friend and honestly I think we had one bad pug in that entire time. Good luck, I suppose.

I'm pretty surprised how mediocre our R.Sham/Arms 2v2 went recently. To be fair, we phoned it in *entirely* and we're on Bloodlust (if that still actually means anything, I don't keep up anymore) but yikes. We settled on a nice pathetic 1600-1700 after our first night. Priest/Mage and Priest/Rogue teams were shockingly obnoxious. I guess with the nerf to Arms damage and burst it's a little rougher against heavy CC/easy snare options in the rather irrelevant 2v2 bracket.

Although, the Feral/Rogue team we did go up against a couple times also nearly instagibbed my almost 4100 Resil Resto Shaman...wasn't expecting that! I haven't done almost any actual arena since S2/S3, so I guess I should look some stuff up, I'm suckin' ass here!

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Alucrid said:
I always get to Hakkar and shit just goes wrong. Of course I spoke too soon since I just kill him, sadly no loot for me cause he's a bitch.

That used to be such a tough fight when it first came out. Now, though, everyone knows the fight in and out so it always goes smoothly when I pug it. I think it has been weeks since I've wiped on that guy.

Einchy said:
That used to be such a touch fight when it first came out. Now, though, everyone knows the fight in and out so it always goes smoothly when I pug it. I think it has been weeks since I've wiped on that guy.

Does he still do mind control? I know when I was soloing the old ZG if I decided to fight Hakkar I would have to make sure I was doing so as frost to avoid spawning blood worms or having a ghoul up as Unholy since having a pet could cause you to be mind-controlled and could possibly reset the fight.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
CarbonatedFalcon said:
Does he still do mind control? I know when I was soloing the old ZG if I decided to fight Hakkar I would have to make sure I was doing so as frost to avoid spawning blood worms or having a ghoul up as Unholy since having a pet could cause you to be mind-controlled and could possibly reset the fight.

You don't even fight Hakkar as the final boss. It's just some troll in phase 1 and lots of adds and avoiding shit in phase 2.

Alex

CarbonatedFalcon said:

Nah, it just takes coordination, a lot of movement and some kiting, which don't really fit well into pugs.

Alex said:
Nah, it just takes coordination, a lot of movement and some kiting, which don't really fit well into pugs.

Hmmm. I'll have to check out a video of the encounters in the revamped ZA/ZG. I think I still had my sub up when they released, but I couldn't be bothered to download the patch, redo all my addons, etc. just to test them out. Could've hit them up on the PTR too, but I was lazy then as well.

Alucrid

Banned
Alex said:

Surprisingly got put into a group that just downed the fourth boss and made it through no problems. Hakkar was really fast, really clean, really easy. It's just too bad he didn't drop his bow. Although that still leaves the other 4-5 times that sucked with pugs.

Thoraxes

DeathNote said:

We only killed shannox.
For my guild anyways it was more Shannox = Fandral < Baleroc = Beth'tilac = Rhyolith < Alystrazor = Ragnaros

A lot of the fights are super easy on normal, and we downed most of them in 2-5 tries.

Tamanon

Banned
BTW, it looks like 4.2 silently smoothed out the Mining early levels, bringing everything down a notch(for example, Truesilver is now 165 instead of 225, Thorium is now 200).

Tamanon said:
BTW, it looks like 4.2 silently smoothed out the Mining early levels, bringing everything down a notch(for example, Truesilver is now 165 instead of 225, Thorium is now 200).

Well that would certainly make it less frustrating. It already was made significantly easier with the 4.0 patch though with many more Truesilver, Gold, and other rare deposits popping up than before, but I know that it was still sort of a pain in the ass compared to Outland and Northrend having leveled mining 2-3 times.

Despite the avatar (I have been meaning to change it), I haven't been subbed since Cata. What is the largest realistically soloable dungeons people are doing these days?

I remember barely being able to do molten core at level 80, are people soloing blackwing lair or maybe even tempest keep yet?

What's the hot class for doing solo content these days? Paladin I assume?

idlewild_

CrashPrime said:
Despite the avatar (I have been meaning to change it), I haven't been subbed since Cata. What is the largest realistically soloable dungeons people are doing these days?

I remember barely being able to do molten core at level 80, are people soloing blackwing lair or maybe even tempest keep yet?

What's the hot class for doing solo content these days? Paladin I assume?

tempest keep is soloable by a lot of classes. MC is child's play now. can't get around vael in bwl, not sure you can even get around the first boss (forgot his name.) can do about half of AQ40, and probably all of AQ20 if you have ranged abilities. a couple bosses in SSC should be soloable if you're a ranged/dot class (they were soloable back at 70.) that's as far as i have exp with.

edit: i take it back, looks like lady vashj has been solo'd, and so has most (all?) of sunwell and hyjal. most of ulduar and some bosses in icc as well. these were by a dk, though some might not be possible now due to the nerf of glyph of dark succor

C.Dark.DN

Banned
Raegwyn (Zuluhed EU) vs 2 Heroic Stonecore (85 dungeon) bosses at once

Marrowgar solo at 80

85 DK solo: Kael´thas Sunstrider 25 (Tempest Keep 4/4) 5 hour fight

idlewild_ said:
tempest keep is soloable by a lot of classes. MC is child's play now. can't get around vael in bwl, not sure you can even get around the first boss (forgot his name.) can do about half of AQ40, and probably all of AQ20 if you have ranged abilities. a couple bosses in SSC should be soloable if you're a ranged/dot class (they were soloable back at 70.) that's as far as i have exp with.

edit: i take it back, looks like lady vashj has been solo'd, and so has most (all?) of sunwell and hyjal. most of ulduar and some bosses in icc as well. these were by a dk, though some might not be possible now due to the nerf of glyph of dark succor
How easy is Kael'thas Sunstrider? That DK is the only one I heard of soloing it.

Tamanon

Banned
DeathNote said:
Any word on inscription?

I'm thinking about leveling it but I want to actually be able to learn every glyph.

Well, the Northrend Research now finds glyphs that previously were in the books of Glyph Mastery, so theoretically you can learn them all just by doing that daily.

Alex

Going back and watching a video of Ragnaros from back in the day makes me wonder how I ever stayed awake during that garbage. You don't realize how crazy far the boss design has come until you go back and comb old-school MMO combat footage (or modern Square-Enix MMO footage lololol)

Top Bottom