• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

I have TLPD and aeonaxx. I'm gonna go after alani.

It's a different kind of thing though compared to the other two. The restricting factor is the crystals, which are random, extremely-low drop chance. Whereas with TLPD and Aeonaxx, the main restricting factor was time/competition for the spawn. Alanai is up all the time or at least very often right now because no one has a full crystal. Even when multiple people get one, there won't be that many on a server at a given time, so you still wouldn't have to worry about the spawn so much.

I may be wrong and he has a very long respawn timer, but nobody really knows right now.

Almost 100 Iron Paws... yet I don't know what I'm gonna do with them. And no, I don't want the flippable table, haha!

At worst you could buy bags of Jade Lungfish (or some other expensive item) and sell them.

tomedo

Dungeon finder was popping up insanely fast last night even as dps, grinded away rested xp on several alts just because it was so fast. MoP is out and Im doing wotlk 5-mans, mayby I should focus. =D

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Hmm, will level cooking with the paws!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wtf, I just got like 12 mounts for becoming exalted with the Panda-race...

Dresden

Dungeon finder was popping up insanely fast last night even as dps, grinded away rested xp on several alts just because it was so fast. MoP is out and Im doing wotlk 5-mans, mayby I should focus. =D

All dem monks, man. Makes leveling this alt a breeze.

I, um, am enjoying Windwalker dps a lot. Part of it has to do with the animations, I guess. Fists of Fury isn't as bad as I feared, but it could still use a rework.

Biggest problem I see coming up in the future is the spec getting gcd capped with how their mastery works.

Thoraxes

I wanted to level my monk and then I saw they added heirloom pants, so now i'm finishing up all the secondaries for my guild to get those lol

Trickster

I just saw my first onyx egg. And I couldn't loot it, then some other guy came along and looted it just fine. What gives? Thought there weren't supposed to be a requirement to looting them ?

Rokam

Decided to just buy the rest of the mats...so I'm done. Still need to get 13 for quest, 10 for feast, and 40 for the bell though.

isohY.jpg

I just saw my first onyx egg. And I couldn't loot it, then some other guy came along and looted it just fine. What gives? Thought there weren't supposed to be a requirement to looting them ?
I don't know if there's a requirement or not since I haven't done it yet. Though there is a bug in-game right now that screws up interaction with objects or NPCs. It's happened to me a lot lately. I can't seem to mine veins or talk to NPCs to turn in quests without a relog sometimes.

Thoraxes

Could we just join a guild who has it unlocked on an alt? I don't see a rep req

I haven't actually been able to see them in-game yet, but my gut reaction would be to assume they would probably require honored like all the other ones.

My research through wowhead and the likes don't show a rep requirement though, so maybe not. Just 1750g it seems.

sazzy

When do you get the Dragon Turtle mount? I've been using the Tabard for Tushui but its not showing up in my rep list.

Or am I doing it wrong?

Tarazet

Can anyone give me tips on feral kitty dps?

I love questing as it but dungeons/raids with it are just annoying as hell to me. My main spec is resto which I love but I'd like to get better as feral.

My main issue is using Shred over Mangle and having to always be behind the boss, it's just so tedious. Also having to keep track of Shred, Rip and Roar is just a pain.

Any tips? Or is it just not for me you think?

I've played almost every class and spec now except for Shaman and Warrior. Cat DPS is the hardest of them, and it isn't close. It's twitchy and fast-paced, and keeping all the buffs and debuffs going is a goddamn nightmare. But it's completely doable once you understand how it works.

Don't sweat it if your Shred fails, because realistically, it's not going to impact your DPS much if you're out of position and it borks. If you're not maxed on energy and you're not tanking your target, don't even bother using Mangle. Take the time to reposition, make sure everything else is set up (FF, SR, Rake) and only then get your Shred in. The biggest chunk of your damage comes from melee swipes anyway, so making sure they're at their max potency is half the battle.

The fact is, ferals aren't even close to GCD locked and you can't play them like a GCD-locked class. If you're mashing your buttons like a DK whenever you have enough Energy, you're a terrible Feral. You get very few uses of your big abilities due to your Energy regeneration, which makes it critical to make every one count by keeping the buffs up. That means refreshing Rip and Rake with Tiger's Fury active, using your finishers only with a 5-stack of combo points, using leftover Combo Points to refresh Savage Roar.. lots of details that make the difference between a good cat and a bad one. It's a combination of waiting and then cramming everything into a tiny window with Tiger's Fury up, and preferably Berserk as well. The level of planning and timing required is what makes this spec challenging, and there's no way to get a feel for it other than by doing it. A lot.

mclem

Can I take an award for most pointless self-inflicted achievement ever, but yet something for which I'm strangely proud?

I got Loremaster of Pandaria.

Before purchasing Wisdom of the Four Winds!

sazzy

I think I'm getting exhausted with questing. Soooo many quests. About halfway through Kun Lai. Doesn't help that so far Jade was the best zone.

I'm about 20% through 88.

What should I do?

Anyone else think that the cloth drops should have been/should be nerfed? There's just a STUPID amount of Windwool Cloth dropping and I can't get rid of it all. Nothing much to do with it either since the AH is completely flooded.

I mean, I guess I can save it in a guild bank for when I get a tailor...

Anyone knows how/where to farm Klaxxi rep faster? Apart from doing the dailies and farming Dream Amber Shards. Really need that scorpion mount :D

Don't have a link, but there's a spot near where all the spiders are where two runes are on the ground. You need two people to do it, but one person /bows in one and another /lays in another. This summons an elite mob that you can kill and pick up an item to turn in. Not sure if it's a daily or unlimited though.

Don't have a link, but there's a spot near where all the spiders are where two runes are on the ground. You need two people to do it, but one person /bows in one and another /lays in another. This summons an elite mob that you can kill and pick up an item to turn in. Not sure if it's a daily or unlimited though.

Thanks. i'll check this out

Yesterday was my first weekday after hitting 90 for trying to get all of my dailies done and I think I might have to start prioritizing which ones I do for now instead of just trying to do everything at once. Cloud Serpents and Anglers will probably have to go on the back burner until I get everyone else to Exalted for gear. Just way too many dailies at once and a lot of them are getting camped pretty hard since EVERYONE needs reputation right now.

Also whoever designed the quest to put out those fires on the houses in the Vale needs to have their head examined. Having another quest active at the same time that causes people to kill the NPCs that start the fires is such a bad decision that I do not even know what to say. I finally just dropped the quest and did the rest.

Anyone else think that the cloth drops should have been/should be nerfed? There's just a STUPID amount of Windwool Cloth dropping and I can't get rid of it all. Nothing much to do with it either since the AH is completely flooded.

I mean, I guess I can save it in a guild bank for when I get a tailor...

Yeah it is nuts how fast the price of cloth has just completely bottomed out. I am glad I sold two stack the first morning for 1K each, because now they are barely worth listing on the AH. I think I might start banking them away in the hope that prices go back up in a month or so.

As a tailor, no, I don't think it should be nerfed. (Although my tailoring isn't that high yet and I really could use some bigger bags... at least my alts have some bag space left...)

Maybe you need to see a picture of my one bank to be convinced...

And I don't know what you're talking about bags for. There's no new "basic" bag this xpac, only the 28 slotter locked behind August Celestials Exalted (the last rep you'll max - weeks/months down the road) and it takes 12 of the new Dreamcloth. That thing is gonna cost a fortune when people start unlocking it, LOL.

Oh great, maintenance in the middle of my play time.

As usual.

Yeah, woke up early this morning and now maintenance. I logged out by the spawn of the rare that gives you the double fishing item though. Gonna see if I can get in a couple games of Dota 2 I think. I'm sorry baby, but you know WoW, we've been together longer. Not that this relationship with you is just a fling.

Sarcasm

Oh great, maintenance in the middle of my play time.

As usual.

What time zone are you in?

Yeah, woke up early this morning and now maintenance. I logged out by the spawn of the rare that gives you the double fishing item though. Gonna see if I can get in a couple games of Dota 2 I think. I'm sorry baby, but you know WoW, we've been together longer. Not that this relationship with you is just a fling.

This item perma? Care to link in wowhead?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Ugh - just hit 60 on my Monk. This is the worst stretch of the game. Northrend isn't bad, but Outlands is just NO fun for leveling.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to go to make this less miserable?

Westlo

Ugh - just hit 60 on my Monk. This is the worst stretch of the game. Northrend isn't bad, but Outlands is just NO fun for leveling.

Just do instances, queue as a tank or healer to erase queues, shits stupid easy, so easy to heal on my priest... Don't even heal for most bosses....

Dresden

Just grind through instances for that shit. The xp buff from the monk daily makes things go fast.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just do instances, queue as a tank or healer to erase queues, shits stupid easy, so easy to heal on my priest... Don't even heal for most bosses....

I tried to do HFR last night, and the healer let me die 3 times to normal pulls. Hopefully that was a fluke?

What time zone are you in?

This item perma? Care to link in wowhead?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=85973

It seems to be bugged right now still, but when it's fixed it will be useful.

Just chain dungeons if you don't like it. Especially now that they finally moved (I think?) the questgivers inside the Outland dungeons. Nagrand is always good due to Arena and all the killing quests for Nesingwary. Hellfire doesn't bother me too much, but you can skip straight to Zangarmarsh if you want and do that instead. If you have to do one of the high level zones, SMV is better than Netherstorm, IMO.

Also, doing BGs in that bracket range is pretty good XP. Especially EotS.

Dresden

Monk tanking is entirely dependent on you maintaining your buffs, otherwise you're just a rogue with aggro problems. Healer problems are entirely possible but at that level it's really hard to fail as a healer; a single hot or shield is enough to get you through most pulls.

There's so many monk tanks and healers queuing right now that even DPS queues are pretty fast, though.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Monk tanking is entirely dependent on you maintaining your buffs, otherwise you're just a rogue with aggro problems. Healer problems are entirely possible but at that level it's really hard to fail as a healer; a single hot or shield is enough to get you through most pulls.

There's so many monk tanks and healers queuing right now that even DPS queues are pretty fast, though.

Yeah, I try and keep my shield up, and most times, healing is not a problem. We pulled entire rooms in the earlier instances. The guy was just not on his game.

I'll make sure I'm staying active as a tank with my personal buffs so I have something to fallback on, haha.

Sarcasm

I'm in Sydney, so the damn maintenance started at 10pm here.

I certainly do NOT believe the servers will be up by midnight :(

Hey we should add each other (realid & steam) I am in Taiwan (looks like I am two hours behind - 8:32 PM right now)

Bizazedo

So one of the hotfixes that went in nerfed Blingtron 4000. It's now limited to one gift per account per day.

:(. I guess it makes sense as I had 10 characters hitting him every day. Still didn't get anything good out of him beyond two Fire Spirit's that I don't even know how to use.

Anyone know anything good that can come from him, haven't seen anything crazy on the usual sites yet.

Top Bottom