• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Killing enemies, find a place with lots of spawn and start killing~

Sorry if this has been answered, but how are ironpaw tokens farmable? There are mobs that drop them? I can't find any information oh this.

Westlo

I would love to level a Monk... but I can't log onto Frostmourne while actually working and keeping normalish hours.... can't wait for school holidays to end so there isn't a 3000 queue @ freakin 2:30 pm.... I transferred my Warrior to Khaz'goroth so I can actually log on and play the damn game.. already missed one scroll of wisdom cooldown thanks to the queues :(

Tamanon

Banned
Ugh - just hit 60 on my Monk. This is the worst stretch of the game. Northrend isn't bad, but Outlands is just NO fun for leveling.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to go to make this less miserable?

I knocked out Outland in a day. Definitely run each dungeon at least once for the massive quest XP. And get your XP buff and it shouldn't take too long.

Sorry if this has been answered, but how are ironpaw tokens farmable? There are mobs that drop them? I can't find any information oh this.

There's a guy who sells baskets or some such next to everyone else there and typically it's 20 meats to make a basket of groceries (BoP) which can be traded in for a token. Mainly fish is useful for this, other random stacks of meat you don't need as well, though the Golden Carp takes 60 to make a basket and isn't worth it. Vegetables take something like 100 to make a basket and are therefore a horrible return. Maybe once you got your farm completely running, but you'd be better off growing the plants that give you motes of harmony or other crafting mats at that point.

sazzy

Still.

I'm more of the see the new stuff and datamine stuff.

Don't you have reps to grind, mounts and pets to get, and get gear for heroics, raids and heroic raids yet?

How could you possibly be done already? :\ Raids aren't even open yet :\

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
There's a guy who sells baskets or some such next to everyone else there and typically it's 20 meats to make a basket of groceries (BoP) which can be traded in for a token. Mainly fish is useful for this, other random stacks of meat you don't need as well, though the Golden Carp takes 60 to make a basket and isn't worth it. Vegetables take something like 100 to make a basket and are therefore a horrible return. Maybe once you got your farm completely running, but you'd be better off growing the plants that give you motes of harmony or other crafting mats at that point.

Ah ok, thanks. So whole-sale slaughter of livestock is the way to go.

Also, do schools of golden carp exist? I need some to level cooking, but my fishing is about 430 so my catch rate in pandaria in open water is not very good.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I knocked out Outland in a day. Definitely run each dungeon at least once for the massive quest XP. And get your XP buff and it shouldn't take too long.

Sounds like the general consensus is that I need to power through the dungeons. Since I just hit 60, I still have my level 60 XP buff along with my daily XP buff. So today, hopefully, I can speed through Outlands.

Nitsuj23

I got my Ele Sham to 90 on Sunday and am still really enjoying him, but I have the urge to level a tank alt.

I'm curious on how DK and Monk tanks are doing? I have an 85 DK that wouldn't be too hard to level via Dungeon Finder, but I wouldn't be opposed to leveling a Monk either... especially if they're outperforming DKs.

Any word from healers or people playing either class? Thanks.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I got my Ele Sham to 90 on Sunday and am still really enjoying him, but I have the urge to level a tank alt.

I'm curious on how DK and Monk tanks are doing? I have an 85 DK that wouldn't be too hard to level via Dungeon Finder, but I wouldn't be opposed to leveling a Monk either... especially if they're outperforming DKs.

Do not pick a class based on if it's outperforming another class or not. That's a silly reason to play a class imho.

Monk tanking is fun. It requires a lot of focus, though. There are a lot of CDs and damage mitigating abilities to manage (like most tanky classes), and missing one will likely land you on the ground. On the plus side, I've not yet had any trouble with threat management.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I want to play this game, now...

Entropia

No One Remembers
Ah ok, thanks. So whole-sale slaughter of livestock is the way to go.

Also, do schools of golden carp exist? I need some to level cooking, but my fishing is about 430 so my catch rate in pandaria in open water is not very good.

I don't think there are any pools. All of the Golden Carp I have fished up have been out of pools.

What's the Monk daily I've been seeing people mention? I plan on leveling a Monk soon and I don't want to miss it.

http://www.wowhead.com/spell=130283#comments

Somewhat.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=64940

If you have the required amount of the cooking ingredient required for the empty container you can "use" the empty container and create a bundle of groceries that you can turn in for an ironpaw token. It's actually how I finished off my cooking to 600 last night - a lot of turtle meat and krasang paddlefish farming.

Also if you're a fool like I was - you can buy an Ironpaw token with a Spirit of Harmony. How a 1:1 tradeoff is fair, I do not know.

Dresden

Blood DKs are likely superior but monk tanking feels pretty boss.

Mainly due to Roll. Rolling in to interrupt a cast feels good.

sazzy

This expansion rocks... but I have the feeling the next one is going to be hype as fuck with the return of the legion. $10 Metzen brings Illidan back too lol.

I would give 10 bucks for Metzen not being any where near the next expac.

Trickster

Blood DKs are likely superior but monk tanking feels pretty boss.

Mainly due to Roll. Rolling in to interrupt a cast feels good.

Monk tanking is very weird for me because of the stagger mechanic. Still haven't quite understood how that thing works, only that I should clear my stagger at least when it starts getting yellow. But like, does the stagger amount keep increasing until the debuff runs out or I clear it?

I also miss a cleave like ability for tanking 2-3 mobs. The firebreath thing isn't spammable in the same manner :p

I would give 10 bucks for Metzen not being any where near the next expac.

I'd honestly pay at least 20 euros to see him not work at blizzard anymore. Might sound mean, but holy shit does his "lore" suck donkey balls.

Maybe we could start a kickstarter project. Just contact him and ask him how much money it would take for him to quite working at blizzard.

mclem

Something I never got around to doing in Cataclysm - and I've only just realised the fact - is levelling Gilnaes rep to exalted. While I know that I can't do the *new* rep grinds with tabards in the new dungeons, can I do *that* rep grind with a tabard in the new ones?

Something I never got around to doing in Cataclysm - and I've only just realised the fact - is levelling Gilnaes rep to exalted. While I know that I can't do the *new* rep grinds with tabards in the new dungeons, can I do *that* rep grind with a tabard in the new ones?

It works for the faction specific Pandaren reputations so I imagine it should still work for the others.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
You can now clear outland without even getting out of Hellfire Peninsula + Dungeons.

Pretty much. I'm leveling a druid right now, and Outland for me consisted of Hellfire Penn + Nagrand + a couple of random dungeon runs. I almost felt guilty for skipping like 80% of Burning Crusade. Northrend took me Howling Fjord + Dragonwastes + a little bit of Icecrown + a few random dungeon runs. I'm going through Cata zones now, and Vashj'ir alone took me from 80 to 83. I just started Deepholm and I'll be dinging 84 tonight. I've yet to run any Cata dungeons, if I do a few of them tonight I'm sure I'll ding 85 and be in Pandaria by tomorrow.

And this is without ANY heirlooms at all!!! They would only make it faster.

Leveling new characters has never been easier than it is now.

Honestly, I think I'm going to go for Loremaster after I get to 90 and see all the new zones. I kind of want to run around and do all the old quests again, and sightsee along the way. Kind of like a nostalgia trip. Of course, now with account wide achievements, I might instead level up alts and purposefully take them through zones I need in order to collectively get Loremaster. That might be more fun anyway. It would also give me a more reasonable reason for leveling alts in the first place, lol!

I wouldn't trade my bear tank for anything in the world. However, I am the very definition of biased!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Monk tanking is very weird for me because of the stagger mechanic. Still haven't quite understood how that thing works, only that I should clear my stagger at least when it starts getting yellow. But like, does the stagger amount keep increasing until the debuff runs out or I clear it?

I also miss a cleave like ability for tanking 2-3 mobs. The firebreath thing isn't spammable in the same manner :p

Stagger damage is displayed as a percentage of your maximum health (the color):

Red > 6%
Yellow > 3%
Green > 0%

You should clear your stagger when you can. PB is on a 1s CD, right? So the idea would be that between Blackout Kick Shuffle and PB, you should be able to mitigate damage reasonably well.

I haven't figured out (more that I haven't paid attention) to the way Stagger works from multiple attacks, though. If I take 10 damage, 8 goes to me and 2 goes to the DoT. If I then take another 10 damage, 8 goes to me, but I'm unsure if the DoT resets to 4 damage @ 10s, or if it ticks down incrementally.

Also, for multiple mobs, the easiest way to manage them is to pull with Dizzying Haze, drop Keg Smash, Flame Breath (for the DoT, which requires Dizzying Haze debuff be applied), and then either Blackout Kick for Shuffle with Jabs and Tiger Palm (2 mobs), OR toss in a WWK when you 3+ mobs to generate Chi and threat.

At least, that's how I've managed. :p

Ultratech

Yeah...this rep stuff could take a while.

Klaxxi is gonna take a while since the dailies give measly rep (I think I was getting 138 per turn in?), and the Dread Shards have an iffy drop rate.

Cloud Serpent is gonna take a little bit too since more people are hitting 90 and Eggs are nowhere to be found.

Managed to get some nice upgrades for my crappy Bow I'd been using. Got the xbow from the Arena of Annihilation then got the 463 Bow and Gun. I really want that Bow off Raigonn, but signs point to it having an extremely low drop rate.

Also, people are stupid in Heroics. I'm sure of this. Did Siege of Niuzao Temple and I had two groups that couldn't kill General Pa'valak because they didn't understand how to use Bombs to kill the adds.
Hell, I'd never even done the dungeon before and figured it out within about 5 seconds. ("Hmm...adds? Oh wait, what are these things dropping? I can click on them? OH SHIT, they insta-kill adds!")

Robin64

Hell, I'd never even done the dungeon before and figured it out within about 5 seconds. ("Hmm...adds? Oh wait, what are these things dropping? I can click on them? OH SHIT, they insta-kill adds!")

Yeah, this is the worst thing. I understand that at this point, the majority of the playerbase hasn't seen this content and so to expect them to know what to do is beyond reason. However, when the game presents the mechanic in such an obvious way, then I get annoyed.

Entropia

No One Remembers

Klaxxi is gonna take a while since the dailies give measly rep (I think I was getting 138 per turn in?), and the Dread Shards have an iffy drop rate.

Cloud Serpent is gonna take a little bit too since more people are hitting 90 and Eggs are nowhere to be found.

Managed to get some nice upgrades for my crappy Bow I'd been using. Got the xbow from the Arena of Annihilation then got the 463 Bow and Gun. I really want that Bow off Raigonn, but signs point to it having an extremely low drop rate.

Also, people are stupid in Heroics. I'm sure of this. Did Siege of Niuzao Temple and I had two groups that couldn't kill General Pa'valak because they didn't understand how to use Bombs to kill the adds.

Klaxxi will definitely take some time, I'm a couple days behind on their dailies like a dumb dumb :(

Cloud Serpent - I regret not hopping on the egg bandwagon earlier to get this done.

That boss in Siege, the night I hit 90 I was in a random group... I don't think any of us touched the bombs. We just kinda, waited for the shield to fall off while AoEing the adds. It took awhile. :lol

Stagger damage is displayed as a percentage of your maximum health (the color):

Red > 6%
Yellow > 3%
Green > 0%

You should clear your stagger when you can. PB is on a 1s CD, right? So the idea would be that between Blackout Kick Shuffle and PB, you should be able to mitigate damage reasonably well.

I haven't figured out (more that I haven't paid attention) to the way Stagger works from multiple attacks, though. If I take 10 damage, 8 goes to me and 2 goes to the DoT. If I then take another 10 damage, 8 goes to me, but I'm unsure if the DoT resets to 4 damage @ 10s, or if it ticks down incrementally.

Also, for multiple mobs, the easiest way to manage them is to pull with Dizzying Haze, drop Keg Smash, Flame Breath (for the DoT, which requires Dizzying Haze debuff be applied), and then either Blackout Kick for Shuffle with Jabs and Tiger Palm (2 mobs), OR toss in a WWK when you 3+ mobs to generate Chi and threat.

At least, that's how I've managed. :p

YOu should check out: http://sunniersartofwar.com/blog/2012/10/01/brewmaster-weak-auras/ for some Weak Auras that'll help out when to use Purifying Brew and such.

Bizazedo

There's some stuff to help it along. Killing the Kov..Koa...the big blue matriarch bug thing will drop a quest item to turn for 500 rep (pre-guild bonuses).

Apparently, from reading earlier in the thread, someone posted this.

Don't have a link, but there's a spot near where all the spiders are where two runes are on the ground. You need two people to do it, but one person /bows in one and another /lays in another. This summons an elite mob that you can kill and pick up an item to turn in. Not sure if it's a daily or unlimited though.

I'd love more info on that.

There might be more stuff than that. Anyone have a repository of such knowledge?

And I am still mourning my post-hotfix Blingbot / dying to know what he can drop.

Ultratech

There's some stuff to help it along. Killing the Kov..Koa...the big blue matriarch bug thing will drop a quest item to turn for 500 rep (pre-guild bonuses).

Apparently, from reading earlier in the thread, someone posted this.

I'd love more info on that.

There might be more stuff than that. Anyone have a repository of such knowledge?

And I am still mourning my post-hotfix Blingbot / dying to know what he can drop.

Apprently, you can also kill Kypa'rak (the gigantic gyreworm in the Briny Muck) for a item that you can turn in similar to killing Karanosh (the giant bug you were talking about).

So that's 3 quests so far...but they turn into regular dailies after doing those quests the first time. (Or something like that, I'll have to check it out when I get home since I can probably kill those two fairly easily.)

Magnus

Someone help me out, google/youtube-fu is totally failing me. What are the tracks on the OST/youtube that play while in Shrine of Two Moons?

And RE: leveling alts, am I right in understanding that levels 60-80 have had their EXP requirements reduced even further? People are talking about those levels as if they're faster 'now' than they were recently. I know they were reduced once or twice in the past, pre-5.0.

Man, what I'd give for 60-80 to be sped up.

sazzy

God I love this game.

Got into a queue in Mogushan dungeon with a tank who was the first time there.

Me and the healer were explaining fights and all. Learned a lot. Gave a few pointers myself.

So good.

Well the PvP Gear money making game has started to reach the annoying stage for me. Someone else is now competing with me on two of the eight Holy Paladin pieces and every time I undercut him by a copper he drops it by 100 gold. I said forget this and took the price down to a minimum profit above component costs. I have no patience to play these games and maybe I will scare him off or he will just keep buying up my pieces which is fine by me.

Top Bottom