• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

World of Warcraft |OT3|

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wow, the servers went up early or something?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
lol, then let's not discuss my ilvl.

fuck the piece of shit itemization of the heroics in this game

JCizzle

To queue for LFR in a week, you will need EVERY slot filled by a heroic drop. That's crazy to me because everyone will get hit by some shoddy luck in at least a slot or two. I guess I may have one valor item by then, but it's still too unforgiving IMO. It should be a minimum ilvl of 457 or 460 to give some leeway for bad luck.

Yoshichan

Wait, you need full heroic gear to sign up for LFR? What kind of bullshit design is that? My bro has 463 ilvl and he can't get in...

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
People are gonna *love* it when they figure out you need a 463 ilvl to get into LFR next week and the only way to actually get 463 is to get 100% heroic pieces or every slot but one + a Coren trinket.

Yoshichan

Yes. The min ilvl is 463 when it releases next week : /
when it releases next week... I thought it was today, Jesus Christ. The ilvl requirement is just fine, I'm happy about it.

Magnus

Thanks for the heads-up on needing 463 for the LFR queue next week. I honestly hadn't given thought to it and figured I was fine with a general smattering of 450-463's. I'll make sure I'm set by then.

To be clear, it's not actually a 463+ in every slot, but an overall item level (not equipped) of 463+, as per the Character sheet, right? That is, 442/463, for example.

Also:

Someone help me out, google/youtube-fu is totally failing me. What are the tracks on the OST/youtube that play while in Shrine of Two Moons?

And RE: leveling alts, am I right in understanding that levels 60-80 have had their EXP requirements reduced even further? People are talking about those levels as if they're faster 'now' than they were recently. I know they were reduced once or twice in the past, pre-5.0.

Man, what I'd give for 60-80 to be sped up.

No one knows?, re: either question?

JCizzle

Thanks for the heads-up on needing 463 for the LFR queue next week. I honestly hadn't given thought to it and figured I was fine with a general smattering of 450-463's. I'll make sure I'm set by then.

To be clear, it's not actually a 463+ in every slot, but an overall item level (not equipped) of 463+, as per the Character sheet, right? That is, 442/463, for example.

Also:

No one knows?, re: either question?

I think the rule was changed to equipped gear.

Garryk

Experience has been reduced. People in here have said that you can get from 58-68 by just doing HFP and the HFC dungeon quests. Personally, I've only leveled an alt from 77-85 with the reduced XP. I got from 80-85 by only doing MH, DH, and a few quests in TH.

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
To queue for LFR in a week, you will need EVERY slot filled by a heroic drop. That's crazy to me because everyone will get hit by some shoddy luck in at least a slot or two. I guess I may have one valor item by then, but it's still too unforgiving IMO. It should be a minimum ilvl of 457 or 460 to give some leeway for bad luck.
Its theoretically possible if you grind away dutifully, you could get Klaxxi up to Revered by then, but other than that, yeah, you'll need full 463 heroic gear.

mileS

Yea well something tells me 80% of the people we will see in raid finder next week will have mostly pvp gear. Its easy to get some heroic gear but not for every single slot unless you get lucky. People are def gonna farm honor gear to meet it.

Yea well something tells me 80% of the people we will see in raid finder next week will have mostly pvp gear. Its easy to get some heroic gear but not for every single slot unless you get lucky. People are def gonna farm honor gear to meet it.

Just like they slapped on pvp blues to queue for heroics this expansion, and just like folks wore gladiator gear to fool gearscore addons/LFR in Wrath/Cata.

As before, your best bet is to LFR with a large group of guildies to ensure some amount of quality in your raid.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
ilvl reqs are pretty crazy, but my guild is ready to start raiding tonight with the full group in 463. Nutty amounts of time was spent given the stingy Heroic drop rates.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
I hope blizzard quickly realizes the "justice gear significantly worse than heroic drops" model is a total failure and does something about it.

Bizazedo

ilvl reqs are pretty crazy, but my guild is ready to start raiding tonight with the full group in 463. Nutty amounts of time was spent given the stingy Heroic drop rates.

I would be totally fine with the ilvl rule if they adjusted the rule with one tweak. If you're in a 100% premade group, it ignores ilvl.

That's not necessarily a bad thing. The "starter" honor PvP gear is better than the heroic gear. It's kind of sad.

I hope blizzard quickly realizes the "justice gear significantly worse than heroic drops" model is a total failure and does something about it.

See above. They really need to fix this shit. PvP gear better than equivalent heroic gear better than Justice gear.

The PvP stuff should be on par or slightly worse (Why the fuck is it epic anyway? Not that color makes much of a difference.) than heroic gear. The Justice gear should be on par with heroic gear.

If you want to have the stuff that's currently Justice gear locked behind some reps and nothing else, that would be cool, but the reps take too long to grind for that iLvl to be worth anything.

It's a big mess really. I have no idea how no one noticed/pointed out, or at least listened to people that were, that this early end-game system was fucked up.

I mean, the heroics are so easy anyway that it's not like you need the extra preparation gear beyond questing stuff unless you were short iLvls. But I guess that's what happens when all the heroics are basically what were max level normals in the previous expansions.

Not a huge fan so far.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Isn't that just called... Going to the raid and running it?

Is that even still possible? LOL. I haven't actually walked into a raid or dungeon in so long that I honestly am not sure of the answer!

Personally, I'm going to take my time gearing up and wait for when Blizzard drops the entrance reqs and nerfs the content. Because they always do, and then I can run the raids with pugs and casuals and do my sightseeing and enjoy the relaxing instance trip. I used to rush and do the hardcore stuff, but my WoW experience has taught me that everything in the game gets easier with time. And by easier, I mean less time consuming. Hell, I haven't even entered a Pandaria zone at all yet, and some of you are already done with them!

Angry Grimace

I would be totally fine with the ilvl rule if they adjusted the rule with one tweak. If you're in a 100% premade group, it ignores ilvl.

They should do that, and then make it so you can enter the raid with only 10 of the people required, and then the gear is about 13 ilvls higher. Also, you have to physically go to the raid and you can only do it once per week. You can choose your own loot system too.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
They should do that, and then make it so you can enter the raid with only 10 of the people required, and then the gear is about 13 ilvls higher. Also, you have to physically go to the raid and you can only do it once per week. You can choose your own loot system too.

MADNESS

Berordn

Is that even still possible? LOL. I haven't actually walked into a raid or dungeon in so long that I honestly am not sure of the answer!

Still have to walk into raids, you can't queue for challenge modes either. So yeah, entrances everywhere. I was walking into a few heroics last night to help guildies who were a couple itemlevels too short to queue also. I've always preferred going to the entrances.

With mass summon gone, me and my group will be lol

They're still out in the world :/

Meeting stones are still there too! I think the last time I used one of those was in Wrath, pre 3.3.

Or a friendly neighborhood Warlock. Haven't used one of them either in awhile, but I also haven't raided recently either. Very limited usage outside raiding.

Angry Grimace

Still have to walk into raids, you can't queue for challenge modes either. So yeah, entrances everywhere. I was walking into a few heroics last night to help guildies who were a couple itemlevels too short to queue also. I've always preferred going to the entrances.

They could have of course left that in if they really wanted by merely forming the group cross-realm and forcing you to zone in manually.

FLEABttn

Banned
Playing my monk until they fix hunter , its absolutely absurd they're complete pieces of shit dps in the game right now.

The meters I've seen in MoP for my SV hunter have been less than ideal. Doing less DPS than a shadow priest and a prot paladin on the brewfest boss. I was beating the boomkin, but their gear was about 6 or 10 ilvls worse than mine and they hadn't reforged, gemmed, or enchanted anything.

Feels bad man.

Feels bad man indeed , I'm glad I can share my pain with someone... haha. Its really bad , MM always lands me in 3rd in most heroics and I'm decently geared. Got my boots from sha/epic helm from engineering. Hit/exp capped and all gem.d out. Still pulling 35k dps.. which is terrible. I can burst up to 60k or 80k but the sustain is bad.

But for now.. I'll enjoy leveling this monk.

The meters I've seen in MoP for my SV hunter have been less than ideal. Doing less DPS than a shadow priest and a prot paladin on the brewfest boss. I was beating the boomkin, but their gear was about 6 or 10 ilvls worse than mine and they hadn't reforged, gemmed, or enchanted anything.

Feels bad man.

qq l2p

jk :p

Ultratech

Feels bad man.

I need to grab some meter addons and do some testing while I'm running Heroics just to see how bad it actually is. (For the most part, I've kinda ignored having damage meters on my UI.)

Also, Barrage is pretty cool. Pretty funny to see your guy just shooting TONS of arrows in a matter of seconds. Works surprisingly well on single enemies too. (Basically, you shoot a crapton of shots at them.) The only bad things are that it's Channeled (boo) and is pretty much guaranteed to hit anything and everything within a 40 yrd range (I read the radius on it was like 140 degrees?), which can undoubtedly hit crap you were hoping not to hit.

Rokal

Still pulling 35k dps.. which is terrible. I can burst up to 60k or 80k but the sustain is bad.

I've been running dungeons with hunters and haven't noticed any problems, but that's potentially because I was concentrating on monk tanking instead of recount.

That's sort of the point though: dps doesn't really matter much at the moment. Even if hunter dps is bad right now, it shouldn't stop you from doing any content short of raids or challenge mode dungeons.

FLEABttn

Banned
Feels bad man indeed , I'm glad I can share my pain with someone... haha. Its really bad , MM always lands me in 3rd in most heroics and I'm decently geared. Got my boots from sha/epic helm from engineering. Hit/exp capped and all gem.d out. Still pulling 35k dps.. which is terrible. I can burst up to 60k or 80k but the sustain is bad.

I'll stick it out because I find it hard to believe that Blizz would let hunters languish but it's certainly not encouraging for the time being.

qq l2p

jk :p

All joking aside, it does make you second guess your abilities. After 8 years of WoW, do I now suck?

I need to grab some meter addons and do some testing while I'm running Heroics just to see how bad it actually is. (For the most part, I've kinda ignored having damage meters on my UI.)

Also, Barrage is pretty cool. Pretty funny to see your guy just shooting TONS of arrows in a matter of seconds. Works surprisingly well on single enemies too. (Basically, you shoot a crapton of shots at them.) The only bad things are that it's Channeled (boo) and is pretty much guaranteed to hit anything and everything within a 40 yrd range (I read the radius on it was like 140 degrees?), which can undoubtedly hit crap you were hoping not to hit.

I hadn't personally run meters since early WotLK because there just hadn't been a pressing need to. Enough people did and I was somewhere in the top so no big deal. This current DPS business as me re-evaluating my lack of use of meters to try and troubleshoot this.

Don't have barrage myself. Not even sure if that's an MM thing or if that's a new talent that the theorycraft suggested I not grab.

Robin64

Having absolutely zero luck with drops in Heroics and now I find out you need a Heroic piece in EVERY slot for LFR? Sigh. Feeling kinda bummed out at this.

Top Bottom